WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Plumbing question

94essex

Reaction score
I'm in the process of renovating the master bathroom which is way over do. My question is can I use 45 degree joints to slant the vent pipe so it runs flush with that wall? I'm going to build a 4ft wall or so where that vent and water lines are. The tub will sit left where the hole is and shower on the right. I'm running new pex through the roof and will need that wall to feed the tub. There was a wall seperating the tub and previous shower, but wanted to open that wall as it was a super small shower. Another idea was to cut out some concrete and run a new pipe up through the wall and braces.

Attachments

• 20191213_204658.jpg
    20191213_204658.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 194

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
it is just air venting. I put in a couple of 90's when i moved mine with no problems. I also had a few 90's in the original pipes from 1971.

94essex

Reaction score
Thatd be better. Ya it's just a vent. I plan on leaving both drains where they are and just slanting of that existing drain and runnin it up that wall. Just dont want any drain problems. Didnt know if that vent had to stay strictly verticle

94essex

Reaction score
it is just air venting. I put in a couple of 90's when i moved mine with no problems. I also had a few 90's in the original pipes from 1971.

Ok good to know. I have a real problem with over thinking everything to a fault. I figured with it just being an air vent I had a few options

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Basically as long as it doesn't run DOWNHILL sonit could trap fluid you'll be just fine with a vent offsetting it

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
You want to run it over to the wall on the left, then up, so you can build a pony wall between the fixtures? If so, go up 40” and just 90 over through your pony wall.

94essex

Reaction score
You want to run it over to the wall on the left, then up, so you can build a pony wall between the fixtures? If so, go up 40” and just 90 over through your pony wall.

That seems like the easiest solution. Thanks. I wasn't positive if using 90s were ok in that situation

Yellowboat

Reaction score
This, its just a vent, now if it is your vent that handles your main drain line for the up stairs, adding a clean out and an acess panel is worth the $40 or so. If you ever have a clog your plumbwr will thank me

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
This, its just a vent, now if it is your vent that handles your main drain line for the up stairs, adding a clean out and an acess panel is worth the $40 or so. If you ever have a clog your plumbwr will thank me

It appears to only be 2” so it shouldn’t be, but that does bring up a good point. There are no fixtures (sink, shower, lavatory) above this that are tied into that pipe is there? I assumed there was not.

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
If you run a 90 put an access panel below it or run a couple 45’s just in case you ever need to snake a drain from the roof - it’s a bitch to get the snake past a 90 the more snake you have out.

94essex

Reaction score
It appears to only be 2” so it shouldn’t be, but that does bring up a good point. There are no fixtures (sink, shower, lavatory) above this that are tied into that pipe is there? I assumed there was not.

Ya its ground level, only single floor house.

94essex

Reaction score
If you run a 90 put an access panel below it or run a couple 45’s just in case you ever need to snake a drain from the roof - it’s a bitch to get the snake past a 90 the more snake you have out.

Ok good idea. Thank you.

wzuber

Reaction score
you could also run a studor vent (carbon air filter) and save some pipe work etc. the vent just sits on the dnd of your riser inside the wall. can have/tolerate an access panel for future replacement.