WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Cameras..... Ring, or Nest ??

Spudsbud

Reaction score
anybody experience both?
Pros.... Cons?

outboard_256

Reaction score
I have the nest. I love how it detects people, talking, movement, ignores familiar faces etc and so you can tailor the alerts to only important ones instead of every bird that flys by or car that passes. No personal experience with the ring.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
We have Arlo I’m still on the fence

gqchris

Reaction score
I use the Ring ecosystem. I just went to the Security system also due to a good Black Friday deal.

Works great. I have a spotlight cam for Driveway, Doorbell, and the Security. All ties together.

That being said, there has been some security concerns this week. I use 2FA (two factor Authentication) to minimize. I also don't like that SUPPOSEDLY the police can see who has Ring cameras thru a special "police app". Not sure if thats confirmed. But whatever. We all pay for convenience with this stuff.

This morning I forgot to Disarm my Home mode which I set at night, walked out front door and drove off. My app started alerting my alarm was going off and the Ring motoring called me right away. So that was a good test!

Last edited:
Reactions: DWC

QC22

Landing Loser
Reaction score
We have Night Owl X, and it is adequate. Nothing super fancy, but does what we need. Motion only, multiple cameras networked, mobile App sends notifications.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
I've got 3 Nest cams, and while they work really well, they are expensive to buy and have every year. I'm testing 2 wyze cams and they seem like a great deal for $25, and a small subscription fee.

hawgty55

Reaction score
Blink. I have 6 blink cameras on 2 properties. They work great.
Have a buddy who kust used these. Guess im gonna go that route. He told me there's an Amazon package for 3 cameras under $200. Had a night owl system from Costco and do not recommend it.

Echo Lodge

Reaction score
I've got 3 Nest cams, and while they work really well, they are expensive to buy and have every year. I'm testing 2 wyze cams and they seem like a great deal for $25, and a small subscription fee.

Been running Wyze since they came out in 7/2017. 2 at my river pad and 6 at home. Even though they are indoor cams, I have many mounted outside. No issues. They are coming out with out door cams beginning of next year. Wyze's ecosystem is growing (wifi outlets, bulbs, motion sensor, and door lock). I do not pay for their extra cloud storage as the 14 days of 15 secs an alert works well for me.

Last edited:

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
this .... exactly what I do, different number of cameras, but it works great !!!

Been running Wyze since they cam out in 7/2017. 2 at my river pad and 6 at home. Even though they are indoor cams, I have many mounted outside. No issues. They are coming out with out door cams beginning of next year. Wyze's ecosystem is growing (wifi outlets, bulbs, motion sensor, and door lock). I do not pay for their extra cloud storage as the 14 days of 15 secs an alert works well for me.

JayBreww

Reaction score
Wyze.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
We have the wireless Arlo Pro and have been happy with them. We dislike that it seems to take a long time to view alerts on the phone app.

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
9 rings.........6 at he fire station and 3 home .....works well

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
I had some at my last house but none here. What do they really do for you nobody will do anything about what you record and you can't really do anything if you are not home. So based on that I really can't justify the expense yet.