WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Usa wrestling

Yellowboat

Reaction score
Just heard the news 3 women that are alumi of my hs, 2 of which i coached in thier younger years and one i coached for almost 10 years/ work out partner are going to the oylmpics. Thats 3 out of 6 spots.

buck35

Reaction score
That's very cool ! Is this woman wrestling woman? Been out of it for 40+ years so I hafta ask.:D

Yellowboat

Reaction score
That's very cool ! Is this woman wrestling woman? Been out of it for 40+ years so I hafta ask.:D
Yes, but one of the women when she was a girl qualifed for the ca state meet. Only the 2nd to do so and thr only one to win a match. She also did it at 130s. The other girl was a 103# she won a few national hs and collegic campionships as well.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I'm guessing not your run of the mill pub mud wrestlers.:confused::)
Congrats on your former pupils making the USA proud.:cool:
Quite the accomplishment .

BingerFang

Reaction score
Too cool! Aaron Pico is a close friend of mine, was hoping to go with him to the olympics in Brazil a few years back but unfortunately he was a few points away from going.

buck35

Reaction score
In highschool I got to wrestle a national greko Roman champion for 6 minutes. Used me like a ragdoll but couldn't pin me ,so I felt a minor win in that.lol:eek: ..129# weight class.:)

rrrr

Reaction score
In highschool I got to wrestle a national greko Roman champion for 6 minutes. Used me like a ragdoll but couldn't pin me ,so I felt a minor win in that.lol:eek: ..129# weight class.:)

There are a ton of five and a half minute wrestlers, but you gotta go six if you're going to be a consistent winner.

In high school, I would start weightlifting and conditioning for football in May, continue through the summer, and played both ways for a 10+ game season. When the football season ended and wrestling started, I would always think "I'm in good shape for the season this year".

After just a few days of wrestling practice under my sick sadistic bastard of a coach, I'd quickly find out how wrong I was. :D

buck35

Reaction score
There are a ton of five and a half minute wrestlers, but you gotta go six if you're going to be a consistent winner.

In high school, I would start weightlifting and conditioning for football in May, continue through the summer, and played both ways for a 10+ game season. When the football season ended and wrestling started, I would always think "I'm in good shape for the season this year".

After just a few days of wrestling practice under my sick sadistic bastard of a coach, I'd quickly find out how wrong I was. :D

Being a puny fokker I ran cross country in highschool to get in wrestling shape. That didn't really work either.:(:eek::rolleyes:
I still run into my old coach from time to time,he is still a ski patrol guy at our local mt. in his 70s.:):cool: