WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Hey @TPC, You're really gonna...

yz450mm

Reaction score
Love your new ride! Picked up a 2020 3500HD AT4 yesterday, it is leaps and bounds above the 2017 Denali that I traded in.

I was ready to hitch up the fifth wheel and go do some New Years camping, but once I threw the hitch in the bed I realized that they decided to change the puck mounting locations. So if you have a Curt hitch, you'll need to order the new leg kit. If you have something else, you might need to order a whole new hitch.

That being said, everything else is great. The multipro tailgate is awesome, the bed is way bigger all around, the radio and touch screen are much better than the last generations, and a lot of other creature comforts have been upgraded. The back seat is humongous, and the under seat storage is awesome.

And the camera systems? Unfuckingbelieveable. From the camera display in the rearview mirror, to the surround high definition camera system, it's amazing.

It definitely takes a little bit longer to warm up though, so if you want it warm cabin or seats then you'd better hit that remote start at least 10 minutes before you want to leave.

And one last thing. I want you to count how many times your left foot automatically tries to engage the parking brake over the first week. I've only had this one day and I'm probably up to around 15, LOL.

@TPC

Attachments

• 20191227_225443.jpg
    20191227_225443.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 424
Last edited:

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Love your new ride! Picked up a 2020 3500HD AT4 yesterday, it is leaps and bounds above the 2017 Denali that I traded in.

I was ready to hitch up the fifth wheel and go do some New Years camping, but once I threw the hitch in the bed I realized that they decided to change the puck mounting locations. So if you have a Curt hitch, you'll need to order the new leg kit. If you have something else, you might need to order a whole new hitch.

That being said, everything else is great. The multipro tailgate is awesome, the bed is way bigger all around, the radio and touch screen are much better than the last generations, and a lot of other creature comforts have been upgraded. The back seat is humongous, and the under seat storage is awesome.

And the camera systems? Unfuckingbelieveable. From the camera display in the rearview mirror, to the surround high definition camera system, it's amazing.

It definitely takes a little bit longer to warm up though, so if you want it warm cabin or seats then you'd better hit that remote start at least 10 minutes before you want to leave.

And one last thing. I want you to count how many times your left foot automatically tries to engage the parking brake over the first week. I've only had this one day and I'm probably up to around 15, LOL.

@TPC

Oh man what good info. Thx for posting.

Ill have to order the new 35.5k Curt hitch over the counter from the dealer.
And the cameras for the new Toy Hauler. Camera mounts are already installed.

We’re curious if the DMax increased power and 10 speed trans is a noticeable difference over the 2015?
And the towing mirrors are supposed to be improved.

yz450mm

Reaction score
Oh man what good info. Thx for posting.

Ill have to order the new 35.5k Curt hitch over the counter from the dealer.
And the cameras for the new Toy Hauler. Camera mounts are already installed.

We’re curious if the DMax increased power and 10 speed trans is a noticeable difference over the 2015?
And the towing mirrors are supposed to be improved.

Engine is the same from 17, but from 2015 you will feel a BIG difference. Transmission is smooth as butter, can't even feel it shifting unless you're paying attention. They upped the size of the rear axle gear this year, so they don't limit torque in first gear. The trailer leads will not work for a 40 foot trailer, I don't know that as fact but I read it in a couple different places.

I'm loving the mirrors, power fold and extend retract. It's the little things that count, LOL.

After dealing with the dealership yesterday, and a 3 hour drive home, I went right to bed. To be honest, I'm sitting in the backseat right now checking it out and drinking a beer, on the heated back seat. you would not believe the amount of room inside this cabin. It's probably bigger than a Tahoe or Suburban.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

MeCasa16

Reaction score
We took a test drive in all the big 3 in looking for a new 3/4 ton. The GMC was our favorite by far. The 10 speed transmission felt so smooth. The only features I wish it came with were airbags and power lift steps. So far the best deal I can find in the country is at Dennis Dillon in Boise. About 11k off MSRP.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: TPC

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I read the torque converter now locks in all gears and along with the bigger diff screws and 10 speed + more power the low end towing hole shot should be way improved.

I’ve done dead starts at 9000 ft towing 22000 lbs though ok more juice would be welcome.

Do we need to run Opti-Lube?
I don’t think so but nothin’ solid yet.

Never had any luck with anything Bosch. Evidently GM dropped the Bosch pick up
Pump in ‘17.

Last edited:

JayBreww

Reaction score
I thought you weren’t gunna get a new truck.
Looks nice, congrats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score

@TPC

Can you crawl under and see if the new 10 speed tranny has a spin on filter and a drain plug?

Joe mama

Reaction score

@TPC
Long bed?

Can you hear that 28” fan?

Last edited:

Joe mama

Reaction score
Yes, long bed. Haven't heard any fan noise yet, but it only has 200 miles.

Just curious I know mine gets loud when it kicks in. Figured that large
Fan would get loud. Nice truck are you going to lift or level it? Or just run it?

yz450mm

Reaction score
Can you crawl under and see if the new 10 speed tranny has a spin on filter and a drain plug?
Just crawled under there, I see no spin on or drain plug.

Reactions: TPC

yz450mm

Reaction score
Just curious I know mine gets loud when it kicks in. Figured that large
Fan would get loud. Nice truck are you going to lift or level it? Or just run it?
I was thinking it would look good if it was a couple inches higher and leveled out, but I'm not sure how that would affect towing the fifth-wheel. Once I get the new hitch, I'll hook it up and see how everything sits.

Ill probably at least go up to a 35" BFG AT2 tire though, it came with 34" Wrangler Trailrunners.

yz450mm

Reaction score
No offense but I still cant get past the way the new ones look..... and I have always owned chevy/gmc and I want to buy right now and keep hoping the looks will grow on me.
I was a little bit hesitant, until I got to the dealer and parked my 17 next to the 20. Completely blows it away away looks looks-wise, and in my opinion looks way better in person than in pictures.

senorpdog

Reaction score
I was thinking it would look good if it was a couple inches higher and leveled out, but I'm not sure how that would affect towing the fifth-wheel. Once I get the new hitch, I'll hook it up and see how everything sits.

Ill probably at least go up to a 35" BFG AT2 tire though, it came with 34" Wrangler Trailrunners.

I have the same truck I changed the keys and put cognito arms on it and am running 35 bfgs truck rides like a dream best riding diesel I have ever owned.

yz450mm

Reaction score
I have the same truck I changed the keys and put cognito arms on it and am running 35 bfgs truck rides like a dream best riding diesel I have ever owned.
Awesome, that's my tentative plan, as long as the fifth wheel setup can still be kept level. After that, I'll for sure be getting rid of the stock steps for some amp retractables.

senorpdog

Reaction score
Awesome, that's my tentative plan, as long as the fifth wheel setup can still be kept level. After that, I'll for sure be getting rid of the stock steps for some amp retractables.

Yeah the amps make a world of difference. I did the keys by themselves first and the truck rode ok but the arms made everything better.

NicPaus

Reaction score
The Chevy dealer in Havasu had a silver one with chrome grille. It looked really nice when I drove by. Only dislike in Person was the step on bedside. The back seat is spacious and the 40K GVWR for the dually is a 10k bump over the 30K GVWR of my 2015s. Nice rig Congrats.

Riverryder

Reaction score
No offense but I still cant get past the way the new ones look..... and I have always owned chevy/gmc and I want to buy right now and keep hoping the looks will grow on me.

I was like you skeptical about the new body so I opted to a 18! I love my truck but the 20 HD’s are so bad!!!!! Doit!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robby dmax

Reaction score
If you can get passed the mirrors:(
I also felt the 2020 seat is not as comfortable as the 19.
just my 2 cents

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
The Chevy dealer in Havasu had a silver one with chrome grille. It looked really nice when I drove by. Only dislike in Person was the step on bedside. The back seat is spacious and the 40K GVWR for the dually is a 10k bump over the 30K GVWR of my 2015s. Nice rig Congrats.
I’m in the bed of my trucks constantly lifting awkward and heavy things in and out.
The side steps and tailgate stair will help a lot.
I thought the side steps fold in maybe not on the as built trucks.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Do you not have a camera? Post some pics! LOL