WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Alamo Lake Ride 2020

gqchris

Reaction score
Im open to Community or Individual Food. Either way is fine!

BPRRacing = 1
DWC = 4
@Jumppack JB = 3
gqchris = 1

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
We are going to Alamo with everyone one way or another.

So my whole family would be 5 total.

In looking at this, it seems like my toy hauler has to go to haul the firewood and food etc for everyone. I really wanted to go on the ride with everyone, but if I have to take one for the team I'll just tow it out there and hang out at the campground with the kids.

If I can figure out how to rent the same campsite for the day before and after I don't mind towing it out there the day before and leaving it, and then coming back the day after to get it.

Or Option 2 we (as in everyone) can chip in and pay doug parks to haul it out there the day of and pick it up the day we are leaving. It would cost 400.00 to do that (which is actually cheap in terms of hauling prices)

RD

Reactions: DWC

gqchris

Reaction score

In looking at this, it seems like my toy hauler has to go to haul the firewood and food etc for everyone. I really wanted to go on the ride with everyone, but if I have to take one for the team I'll just tow it out there and hang out at the campground with the kids.

If I can figure out how to rent the same campsite for the day before and after I don't mind towing it out there the day before and leaving it, and then coming back the day after to get it.

Or Option 2 we (as in everyone) can chip in and pay doug parks to haul it out there the day of and pick it up the day we are leaving. It would cost 400.00 to do that (which is actually cheap in terms of hauling prices)

RD

Dave, dont miss the ride out just for that. In my opinion its not that big of deal. Just have everyone pack for themselves and everyone bring a bundle of wood. the rest we can forage for.

Im approaching this trip as a "roughing it" experience for just myself to relax and get back to the roots of things. I have to many other trips where I have to pack the whole fucking house to make everyone happy! Glamping is the most expensive way to act homeless is what I always say!

Lets make this trip about the journey there. I dont care if it takes all day and night. I just need to unwind! LOL

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Dave, dont miss the ride out just for that. In my opinion its not that big of deal. Just have everyone pack for themselves and everyone bring a bundle of wood. the rest we can forage for.

Im approaching this trip as a "roughing it" experience for just myself to relax and get back to the roots of things. I have to many other trips where I have to pack the whole fucking house to make everyone happy! Glamping is the most expensive way to act homeless is what I always say!

Lets make this trip about the journey there. I dont care if it takes all day and night. I just need to unwind! LOL

I don't mind taking one for the team.. I've done the ride 2 or 3 times now. If I was gonna rough it as you said, I'd probably have to hook a trailer to my Can am anyways to haul all my wife and kids shit. LOL

RD

gqchris

Reaction score
I don't mind taking one for the team.. I've done the ride 2 or 3 times now. If I was gonna rough it as you said, I'd probably have to hook a trailer to my Can am anyways to haul all my wife and kids shit. LOL

RD

Trust me, I know that feeling!

DWC

Reaction score

RD
More than happy to pitch in to help pay the $400. It’s a steal.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

RD

Lets pay someone to haul it. It removes most of the burden on you, and everyone else with regards to packing, and hauling crap. Of the $400 I'd wager we will save $200 in not having to buy overpriced beer, food and firewood.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

I absolutely see that point. But once we commit to community meals, people start getting screwed if we are not prepared to cook and eat at that scale. I'd hate to have some people stuck cooking for 3 hours straight on little camping grills every meal to serve 30+ people.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I absolutely see that point. But once we commit to community meals, people start getting screwed if we are not prepared to cook and eat at that scale. I'd hate to have some people stuck cooking for 3 hours straight on little camping grills every meal to serve 30+ people.

I agree.. Having the trailer and a real BBQ / a lot of firewood / fridge / microwave etc just makes shit easier.

RD

Reactions: DLC

DLC

Reaction score
Then it’s decided ! We can all pool some cash and pay up, it’s a hell of a lot easier!

Hey Dave is Mike going? This will be the 1st year he doesn’t make it. Did the Fool change is tag to fish sniper?

gqchris

Reaction score
Lets pay someone to haul it. It removes most of the burden on you, and everyone else with regards to packing, and hauling crap. Of the $400 I'd wager we will save $200 in not having to buy overpriced beer, food and firewood.

Sounds good to me. Ill chip in gladly.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Then it’s decided ! We can all pool some cash and pay up, it’s a hell of a lot easier!

Hey Dave is Mike going? This will be the 1st year he doesn’t make it. Did the Fool change is tag to fish sniper?

mill hit him up and ask him. He moved to California awhile back and has been working and coming out here on his days off with Shawna.

if we had a couple extra seats he might roll. I don’t think he’d want to waste his days off towing my trailer out there etc.

Reactions: DLC

gqchris

Reaction score
Guys, as we get closer to this happening, does anyone have room for me to park/stage at their house/property? Im arriving Thursday night, and ill sleep in my rig that night. I have a 22ft Class C minnie Winnie and trailer. Thanks in advance.

yz450mm

Reaction score

RD
Hmmmm, custom built overland style off road trailer for SxS... I wonder if that could be a thing?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Hmmmm, custom built overland style off road trailer for SxS... I wonder if that could be a thing?

Yep.. for probably $70k-80k probably. They would just have to take a racing enclosed trailer, brace it and raise it.

DLC

Reaction score
Yes I have room to park, there is a dirt lot next door and on the other side of the dirt lot lives one of Havasu’s finest LE.
So it pretty secure

Send me a PM and I’ll get you my address, I’m on the north end of town off Palo verde north, lake side.

Last edited:

DLC

Reaction score
Merry Christmas Y’all!

hope you all have a fantastic day spent with family and friends.

gqchris

Reaction score
Yes I have room to park, there is a dirt lot next door and on the other side of the dirt lot lives one of Havasu’s finest LE.
So it pretty secure

Send me a PM and I’ll get you my address, I’m on the north end of town off Palo verde north, lake side.

Thanks @DLC ! Sounds good. Merry Christmas also!

DWC

Reaction score
Yep.. for probably $70k-80k probably. They would just have to take a racing enclosed trailer, brace it and raise it.

Not sure, but I think @yz450mm was talking about towing behind a SXS. Did find this out of Colorado. They quoted $28k without a bathroom
60E54D58-42F3-48EB-8DC0-6768035A4AF5.jpeg

yz450mm

Reaction score
Not sure, but I think @yz450mm was talking about towing behind a SXS. Did find this out of Colorado. They quoted $28k without a bathroom
View attachment 828308
Yeah I was picturing something like this, built lightweight for towing behind a SxS though. 1.5" tube frame, aluminum panels, built to use the same rims/tires as the SxS pulling it, rubber dampened pintle hitch for articulation, etc...
20191225_111224.jpg

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
View attachment 828308

Yes good point.

I’ve been looking at enclosed trailers the last few days actually, and saw that one. Ones with bathrooms and dedicated living space are like $50k+. You’d probably also want it 8.5 feet wide.

If you can deal with no bedroom, or bathroom, yea you are around $30k.

I need to see how serious we think we are gonna get.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Yeah I was picturing something like this, built lightweight for towing behind a SxS though. 1.5" tube frame, aluminum panels, built to use the same rims/tires as the SxS pulling it, rubber dampened pintle hitch for articulation, etc... View attachment 828312

Buy a 5x8 utility trailer from Harbor Freight and go to town..

Or make one of those rooftop expedition tents they make for trucks fit the roof of your SXS..

If you did a long cage with a flat roof that extended all the way to the back of the machine (think station wagon) I think you could really make that work.

DWC

Reaction score
Buy a 5x8 utility trailer from Harbor Freight and go to town..

Or make one of those rooftop expedition tents they make for trucks fit the roof of your SXS..

If you did a long cage with a flat roof that extended all the way to the back of the machine (think station wagon) I think you could really make that work.
My oldest really wants a rooftop tent for ours. I told him I’d split it. Could be a ton of fun.

c_land

Reaction score
I was planning on doing this ride this weekend, but I'm not sure on the river crossing. Found a facebook page and it doesn't look like fun to cross. Is there a drier crossing? Does anyone have the GPX file for the slot canyon way?

Photos from 12/17/19

79423800_10221434067828210_2268620056667619328_n.jpg

79350045_10221434068508227_4939558487454646272_n.jpg

2Driver

Reaction score
That picture isn’t deep. We crossed when it was like that. Just stay rolling. With yesterday’s and today’s rain in the Bradshaws my guess it is deeper.

The gages in Big sandy are up stream and don’t necessarily mean it’s that deep at the crossing. The Santa Maria river enters BS just at/above the crossing and it is usually dry but is flowing a foot deep.

As far as I know that’s the only crossing, unless you go way around the wilderness area to the east and cross at Signal AZ, which could be deeper. This rabbit hole crossing area abuts wilderness areas so your choices are limited. You could always get to the bus, check it out, and go back to Havasu on easier graded roads.

Is the slot canyon you are asking about Maggie wash? If so, just search it on goggle earth and mark it.

Last edited:

teded

Reaction score
Rabbit hole today
Adjustments.jpg

Stuck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Thats a SxS? Ummm thats some bad judgment
Don’t the Midwest / south east guys do that all the time? I’m half kidding, that is a pretty wide expanse to cross. Not that I would try it with mine, but without a snorkel, he’s toast.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
I agree.. Having the trailer and a real BBQ / a lot of firewood / fridge / microwave etc just makes shit easier.

RD
Ok so this will make this trip much easier.

@RiverDave will you be getting firewood too? Or do we need to bring some to load up in your trailer or tow vehicle?

@LargeOrangeFont and I can go get the main food for the shared meals no problem and drop them off at daves house.

we need to finalize our roll call so we can buy enough food for everyone. So if you haven't chimed in please do so.

@DLC how many people again
@DWC same for you
@01erionracing how many for your
@LargeOrangeFont, @gqchris and myself are all solo
Lastly @RiverDave 5 of you again?
Did I miss anyone else?

the menu will consist of the following

Friday breakfast and lunch you are on your own while we head out there.

Friday night- burgers and hot dogs
Sat morning will be pancakes?
Sat lunch- leftovers, snacks, whatever you bring.
Sat dinner is carne asada, pollo asada and al pastor tacos
Sun breakfast at wayside
Sun lunch and dinner are on your own.

please bring your own snacks and drinks if you feel like sharing that’s good too lol.

last year we got a late late start due to Thursday night shenanigans lol. This year let’s meet at daves by 8 am to load up his trailer. And on the road by 9 am.

please make sure your bring a spare belt, spare tire for your ride. Also some items that are nice to have are a chair and pillow.

I would plan on getting a little wet at the river crossing. I think we will be ok as it’s not supposed to rain between now and then. Overall this should be a fun killer trip. If something doesn’t work for someone well too bad lol.

ALSO TO NOTE:

THIS TRIP LEAVES FRIDAY and COMES BACK LATE SUNDAY,

we got back after dark on Sunday night.

if I forgot anything please add to the list or chime in :)

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
All sounds good to me! Yes there are still 5 of us

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Rabbit hole today View attachment 828856
Stuck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know who that is.. They got it stuck and didn’t go back to immediately get it (Needed to find help and supplies) than it rained and that’s what you are seeing there. I have some more pics of that fiasco.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Ok so this will make this trip much easier.

@RiverDave will you be getting firewood too? Or do we need to bring some to load up in your trailer or tow vehicle?

@LargeOrangeFont and I can go get the main food for the shared meals no problem and drop them off at daves house.

we need to finalize our roll call so we can buy enough food for everyone. So if you haven't chimed in please do so.

@DLC how many people again
@DWC same for you
@01erionracing how many for your
@LargeOrangeFont, @gqchris and myself are all solo
Lastly @RiverDave 5 of you again?
Did I miss anyone else?

the menu will consist of the following

Friday breakfast and lunch you are on your own while we head out there.

Friday night- burgers and hot dogs
Sat morning will be pancakes?
Sat lunch- leftovers, snacks, whatever you bring.
Sat dinner is carne asada, pollo asada and al pastor tacos
Sun breakfast at wayside
Sun lunch and dinner are on your own.

please bring your own snacks and drinks if you feel like sharing that’s good too lol.

last year we got a late late start due to Thursday night shenanigans lol. This year let’s meet at daves by 8 am to load up his trailer. And on the road by 9 am.

please make sure your bring a spare belt, spare tire for your ride. Also some items that are nice to have are a chair and pillow.

I would plan on getting a little wet at the river crossing. I think we will be ok as it’s not supposed to rain between now and then. Overall this should be a fun killer trip. If something doesn’t work for someone well too bad lol.

ALSO TO NOTE:

THIS TRIP LEAVES FRIDAY and COMES BACK LATE SUNDAY,

we got back after dark on Sunday night.

if I forgot anything please add to the list or chime in :)

I’ll pick up a bottle of bourbon barrel aged maple syrup for the breakfast :)

@Bpracing1127 since I can head out earlier, I can bring the food out to Havasu.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Awesome sounds good. @LargeOrangeFont did you pick up the Octane Booster?

Not yet.. was going to do a final callout as to who needs it. After some research, the Klotz stuff works well, but if you spill it on your car it strips paint and etches/discolors plastic instantly.. so I’m not enthused about that.

I know guys that have had good experience with RaceGas.

20 oz will bump 10 gallons of 87 to 91...

It comes is 32 oz cans, I think everyone will need 2 cans, it is $32 a can on Amazon.

VP also has Octanium, but I need to call them and find out how much is needed to make 91 out of 87.. they don’t tell you that.

I know there is 4 of us that want octane booster... I anyone else wants some speak up. I’ll confirm early next week before I order.