WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Any plumbers in here?

guest hs

Reaction score
I’m in my new to me house and I have no hot water at my kitchen sink but Have it everywhere else I replaced the valve even and no water comes out of the hot side ?????

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
Is there a valve underneath the sink? That could be not on or broke and stuck closed. Just something to check if you havent already.

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Possible previous owner mickey Moused valve to dishwasher?

Spudsbud

Reaction score
Faucet cartridge or debris, small, made it down the copper till it reduced to 1\4 at the flex tube under the sink at the stop cock. Pull the tube a flush it

Go-Fly

Where Are My Shoes?
Reaction score
Has it ever had hot hot water to it?

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I've seen low or limited hot water from a broken pipe. Neighbor's house when I was young. Pipe was in the slab...that's how they figured out why the dog laid in the middle of the hall (toasty warm floor)

CSmith

Reaction score
By valve I'm assuming the angle stop, which is the valve under the sink that the supply line is connected to. Still the same supply line and faucet? Have you tried to turn the valve on to make sure you are getting water to the valve and eliminate the faucet and supply line? If no water there then I would trace back the supply to where it is being fed from the water heater to make sure no inline ball valves are turned off. I have seen it where there was so much calcium build up in a supply line that it didn't allow even a drop of water to flow through.

guest hs

Reaction score
I replaced today both hot and cold angle stop valves and hoses to the fsucet

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
As others have noted there is a restriction somewhere. Pull the hose to the sink and see if the water going to faucet is hot. If not chase it back further until you find the issue. It might be the faucet has an anti scalding value and it is stuck. I found that to be the case at a friend’s house in a guest bath that was not used often. It was just a $30 cartridge that needed to be swapped out. He was about to start ripping out walls to find the issue. LOL

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
I replaced today both hot and cold angle stop valves and hoses to the fsucet

When you change the valves and hoses did you check for hot water? As noted it might be the faucet cartridge. Just pull the hose and let the water run into a 5 gallon bucket

braindead

Reaction score
Undo the supply line to the hot side of the faucet from the angle stop, place a rag over the angle stop then open it slightly until water comes out, report back!

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
Marine technician yes plumber no, I don’t know shit about house or construction work.

It’s just like trouble shooting automotive electrical...but different. I forgot to ask is the faucet a single knob for both hot and cold or one for each?

guest hs

Reaction score
Got it figured out the hot angle valve was plugged up and theN found out the handle is reversed hot is on the cold side cold on the hot side.

guest hs

Reaction score
Nah I’m not going to bust the guys balls over one thing I’m way to busy to deal with that.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Marine technician yes plumber no, I don’t know shit about house or construction work.

It's a pipe with water in it...kinda similar to like you'd find a in a boat. This is relatively basic shit. You might re-think your investment into establishing a marine repair shop if something like this causes you to ask for help in diagnosis.

Yellowboat

Reaction score
if you had a home inspection done - I would ask for my money back.
If thats the only thing he missed i would be happy. I knoe of 2 that i would trust.

1 is a retires custom home builder, he charges about $900 he spends all day there and in his write up he inserts the codes violated

2 is a women that grew up in construction. Ahe is about $750 and once again spends the day there.

Both are worth thier fee. I have taken both thier reports and wrote a letter to the owner with price to fix based on thier findings. We always get 75%+ of ehat we ask for

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
Nah I’m not going to bust the guys balls over one thing I’m way to busy to deal with that.

I was going to ask if you had an inspection. Funny thing is that I typically do one myself but opted to have one done in Havasu. Turns out that I had $6K in concerns. Turns out that it has come up to only $3K after addressing everything.

Good thing that you got it taken care of!!!!

NicPaus

Reaction score
Is this not the first thing anyone would do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
You would think but some people don't know much about construction like he mentioned. Guess I will shut my mouth sorry sir.

Reactions: JBS

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
He must have bought a magic while preaching advantage.. they probably didnt even use stainless sheetrock screws..

Shit that was my outloud voice.. sorry..lol

guest hs

Reaction score
Thanks for the help everyone I was a little exhausted and delirious from emptying one house and filling another with almost no tools and supply’s. Called a plumber I knew last night he was even wondering WTF after what I told him I changed and found. For those of you naysayers on this post if you don’t have anything positive to say and want to make comments about my skill level about a trade I’m not even experienced in keep the comments off my post. It’s Really uncalled for!

wettrthebettr

Reaction score
Thanks for the help everyone I was a little exhausted and delirious from emptying one house and filling another with almost no tools and supply’s. Called a plumber I knew last night he was even wondering WTF after what I told him I changed and found. For those of you naysayers on this post if you don’t have anything positive to say and want to make comments about my skill level about a trade I’m not even experienced in keep the comments off my post. It’s Really uncalled for!
sorry , d
I didn't mean to hurt your feelings, just being funny like I do with family and friends.