WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Fuel sending unit bad?????

Reaction score
Hi there my gas gauge is stuck on empty. I’m thinking it’s my sending unit but not sure. I tested the resistance on it and it’s reading 16ohms
When I short it out to ground at the sending unit it jumps up to full? Do you think it is the sending unit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EBT531

Reaction score
Spend the extra couple $$ and get the straight up and down vs the "arm" with a floater. They last longer.

Shrub Lurker

Reaction score
Update on this?
EBT is correct. Get the Reid type sender (the design without the arm). Measure tank depth and order correct length. Go a little shorter if you want a “Reserve”.
There is only one way to install as the screw holes are “Clocked” in both the mounting base and gasket. Not rocket science but probably not a good idea to use any type of electric tool to remove or install .

fishing fool

Reaction score
My gauge is not reading as well. Where do I look at getting a new sending unit at? 07 eliminator belly tank.
Thanks

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
My gauge is not reading as well. Where do I look at getting a new sending unit at? 07 eliminator belly tank.
Thanks
Check the connections at the unit first. It’s just a spade connector on the ground but should be an eyelet on hot side. I’ve seen quite a few that just need to be reconnected, and if that’s it I’d suggest as long as you have a little slack in the wire, cut it and put new fittings on and wah lah.

fishing fool

Reaction score
I think it might be the sending unit tho. Before it went out the gauge was bouncing around a few weeks before it stopped working.

Check the connections at the unit first. It’s just a spade connector on the ground but should be an eyelet on hot side. I’ve seen quite a few that just need to be reconnected, and if that’s it I’d suggest as long as you have a little slack in the wire, cut it and put new fittings on and wah lah.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
I think it might be the sending unit tho. Before it went out the gauge was bouncing around a few weeks before it stopped working.
Well a loose connection will give the same bounce.... it’s 0.37$ to do wire connections, as well if that doesn’t fix it you’ll also know exactly what you’re working with. New sending units from IMCO or Livorsi tho.

fishing fool

Reaction score
I will check it out after I paint the master bedroom (that is if that is all the wife wants painted).

Well a loose connection will give the same bounce.... it’s 0.37$ to do wire connections, as well if that doesn’t fix it you’ll also know exactly what you’re working with. New sending units from IMCO or Livorsi tho.