WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

ALCOHOL VS THC: DUI/BUI

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Anyone that knows me knows I’m pretty against weed / THC etc.. I don’t care if other people do it, I don’t care if people are doing around me.. but I don’t do it and won’t partake etc..

But even I think it’s bullshit they revoke gun rights with a medical marijuana card. Not that I think most the freebies would know or care anyways.

Yellowboat

Reaction score
But even I think it’s bullshit they revoke gun rights with a medical marijuana card. Not that I think most the freebies would know or care anyways.
It is the law and very clearly states your prohibition on the 4473 form.( commiting purjury on a federal from is a federal felony) You can always call your federal reps and ask then to change the law.

I honestly dont care one way or another, but i value you my right to defend myself a whole hell of a lot more than getting high.

Not to mention my job

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
Ahh those were the days . Partying in the parking lot drinking and toking till the cops would run us out . Then head to Wentworth for the street drags or the canyon ....
...Grew up in Shadow Hills we raced Wentworth and Peoria ...Old habits are hard to break...I still hit Big Tujunga Canyon usually once a week for an attitude adjustment... no drugs no booze...Where ithe big green house is...Volga Flats above the ranger station ...I lived there for four years in the 90s lotta fun...

LowRiver2

Reaction score
I’ve heard some boaters used Molly back in the day because it tested low on the chem tests and was easy to beat a DUI case.
Seems too much work vs just party when boat is on the trailer....

wettrthebettr

Reaction score
All this talk about testing to drugs and booze while behind the wheel, i have asked twice, now a third time, What is the big deal? are the Patrol pulling all boaters over and testing them on the water?
I do not worry about getting busted cause i don't drink booze or smoke the Wacky Tobaccky, But I don't want to get bothered with the patrol pulling me over on the water all the time.

Last edited:

Ballyhoo

Reaction score
There mere presence or alcohol or THC in your system is NOT sufficient for a DUI. The cops and later down the road, the prosecutor, must show that you were impaired while operating a motor vehicle. This is generally not that difficult to prove. This is done a number of ways thru the officer via his/her observations of your driving and the results of the standardized field sobriety tests (SFST's.) Using the PAS device in the field for Marijuana won't work. It works for alcohol and is usually the last SFST to be given.

Many similarities between DUI alcohol drivers and DUI Marijuana drivers. Not really any ways to hide it if you are stopped by the cops.

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
Wouldn't have been easier to just put the guy on ignore instead of writing all this down? :D

Just a fyi, having that card means you can not legally own guns... its federal law. I know of at least 1 state that actively went after its gun owners for also having medical pot cards

This chapter does not authorize any person to engage in, and does not prevent the imposition of any civil, criminal or other penalties for engaging in, the following conduct:

A. Undertaking any task under the influence of marijuana that would constitute negligence or professional malpractice.

B. Possessing or engaging in the medical use of marijuana:

1. On a school bus.

2. On the grounds of any preschool or primary or secondary school.

3. In any correctional facility.

C. Smoking marijuana:

1. On any form of public transportation.

2. In any public place.

D. Operating, navigating or being in actual physical control of any motor vehicle, aircraft or motorboat while under the influence of marijuana, except that a registered qualifying patient shall not be considered to be under the influence of marijuana solely because of the presence of metabolites or components of marijuana that appear in insufficient concentration to cause impairment.

E. Using marijuana except as authorized under this chapter.

Part d what are the limits, i can tell you 100% any in your system while flying a plane and the faa will pull your ticket.

If there are no limits in law, then the law is invalid. I am not going to search for it, but i would highly recomend you do as your freedom is at stake.

Od1, you're a bad man, a very bad man! o_O

Pull yur pants up Barney Fife.

View attachment 831957
IMG_1549.jpg

LazyLavey

Reaction score
Impairment is a key word here, not only BAC

Obviously you can't perform FSTs while on a water craft but sure can on shore

I've been out of the game for several years but if LEO can show usage and impairment, at the very least your day in the sun will be over and probably costy

Spectra18

Reaction score
Is it hard for cops to detect your stoned ?

braindead

Reaction score
All this talk about testing to drugs and booze while behind the wheel, i have asked twice, now a third time, What is the big deal? are the Patrol pulling all boaters over and testing them on the water?
I do not worry about getting busted cause i don't drink booze or smoke the Wacky Tobaccky, But I don't want to get bothered with the patrol pulling me over on the water all the time.

Not unless you're doing something wrong or dangerous. If you're behaving and all the riders on your boat are doing the same, they won't bother you

wettrthebettr

Reaction score
Not unless you're doing something wrong or dangerous. If you're behaving and all the riders on your boat are doing the same, they won't bother you
Thats what the lakes and rivers around here are like, With all this Lip it sounded like the Havasu area was different, Thanks
Just an other day on the water.

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score

Nice try.
The don't need a reason to stop you.
Then it's at officers discretion.

Dan'l

EBT531

Reaction score
Oh and don't forget, don't buy in CA and then take it to AZ or AZ to CA. Now its a Federal crime for transporting across State lines.
What law is that says you can not bring you boat from Californy to go boating in Airzona? The Colorado river is in the middle of both sates[/QUOTE]

LOL not the boat, the weed. The OP said buy gummies etc., you can't buy THC products and then exit the State with them

hallett21

Reaction score
Nice try.
The don't need a reason to stop you.
Then it's at officers discretion.

Dan'l

I know someone’s uncle’s nephew’s buddy will disagree. But other than leaving roadrunner after dark I’ve never heard of “random” pull overs.

I know guys have been bothered for exhaust, wake and other “probable causes”.

I’ve yet to experience driving down the river and having a cop run me down for a safety inspection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
I know someone’s uncle’s nephew’s buddy will disagree. But other than leaving roadrunner after dark I’ve never heard of “random” pull overs.

I know guys have been bothered for exhaust, wake and other “probable causes”.

I’ve yet to experience driving down the river and having a cop run me down for a safety inspection.

I guess I'm guilty just because I have over transom headers, with baffles.

Nearly a dozen times over the years, twice just floating, engine was off.

I never had a violation either.
Right, they don't profile.

Dan'l

Wheeler

Reaction score
This guy was kinda special. The cops would get up early and wait for him to launch. :D

0 (4).jpg
0 (5).jpg

Wheeler

Reaction score
It is the law and very clearly states your prohibition on the 4473 form.( commiting purjury on a federal from is a federal felony) You can always call your federal reps and ask then to change the law.

I honestly dont care one way or another, but i value you my right to defend myself a whole hell of a lot more than getting high.

Not to mention my job

How many times have you had to defend yourself where a gun was necessary?

hallett21

Reaction score
I guess I'm guilty just because I have over transom headers, with baffles.

Nearly a dozen times over the years, twice just floating, engine was off.

I never had a violation either.
Right, they don't profile.

Dan'l

Not saying I agree with it, just my experience.

But we’re running an outboard as well