WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Alamo Lake Ride 2020

DWC

Reaction score
Not yet.. was going to do a final callout as to who needs it. After some research, the Klotz stuff works well, but if you spill it on your car it strips paint and etches/discolors plastic instantly.. so I’m not enthused about that.

I know guys that have had good experience with RaceGas.

20 oz will bump 10 gallons of 87 to 91...

It comes is 32 oz cans, I think everyone will need 2 cans, it is $32 a can on Amazon.

VP also has Octanium, but I need to call them and find out how much is needed to make 91 out of 87.. they don’t tell you that.

I know there is 4 of us that want octane booster... I anyone else wants some speak up. I’ll confirm early next week before I order.
+1. Need some also.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
@gqchris @DLC @Bpracing1127
@DWC

Torco seems like the best deal..

$24 for 32 ounces, and 16oz will raise 10 gallons 4 octane points... so one can will do about 2 tankfulls, which is about what will be needed at a minimum. This is a more favorable ratio than the RaceGas octane booster.

You’ll leave full of 91 to get there,

You’ll need a tank to get back (obviously) and probably burn another tank cruising around on Sat.

I’ve seen it for $40 for 2 cans as well on EBay, $44 for 2 cans on Amazon.

I know the Torco product is good quality, and safe for the 02 sensors and fuel injection components.

I’ll see if I can find it any cheaper in bulk. I’ll update here in a day or two.

Last edited:

DLC

Reaction score
Sorry guys I rode out to Oatman today we got back and went out for dinner.

there are 4 for sure..... maybe 2 more for a total of 6.

Jumppack JB

Reaction score
I did the same, working on the car all day. Added intercom radios and CB to stay connected with group. Looking forward to a great weekend.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Same here, worked on the car, found a couple problems. Building a back seat storage rack too.

DWC

Reaction score
I did the same, working on the car all day. Added intercom radios and CB to stay connected with group. Looking forward to a great weekend.
I’ve been sitting in the car for an hour trying to call. Code name RDP, RDP, RDP

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Have a few things still to do to the car, but did the big stuff already and went up to Stoddard Wells yesterday to test it out.

Thinking of running my helmet and helmet blower for the trip too, but not fully decided yet

Wait until you see my back seat rack storage :)

Last edited:

gqchris

Reaction score
Have a few things still to do to the car, but did the big stuff already and went up to Stoddard Wells yesterday to test it out.

Thinking of running my helmet and helmet blower for the trip too, but not fully decided yet

Wait until you see my back seat rack storage :)

Awe man was I at Stoddard Wells yesteday also! LOL...I should have texted ya. Great riding yesterday.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
As of yesterday the rabbit hole is still not recommended to pass. Planet ranch is open and dry. I have the trail mapped out to go planet ranch way if needed. I will keep following. Crossing by the rabbit hole is a good way to go as there is a ton of stuff to see on that side.

Jumppack JB

Reaction score
As of yesterday the rabbit hole is still not recommended to pass. Planet ranch is open and dry. I have the trail mapped out to go planet ranch way if needed. I will keep following. Crossing by the rabbit hole is a good way to go as there is a ton of stuff to see on that side.
Great, thanks for watching. A good dry option is best.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So you guys want Doug to haul the trailer out there for sure right?

mom dropping my car at the dealer tomorrow for the first service and minor warranty work. We should be good to go on my end for the ride.
RD

Jumppack JB

Reaction score

mom dropping my car at the dealer tomorrow for the first service and minor warranty work. We should be good to go on my end for the ride.
I am in for $$ to haul the trailer.

DWC

Reaction score

RD
Absolutely, it would make the ride out way better.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

RD

Yes Dave. We will make sure you are funded.

2Driver

Reaction score
Also to note I have found another way to get there as well. So in total 3 offroad trails to get there 3 completely different routes.

Curious what the other routes are from Havi to Wayside besides the rabbit hole crossing at Big Sandy?

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Planet ranch crossing and come up from that side of Bill Williams, and I just finished a new route that goes south from wikieup and stays east of 93

2Driver

Reaction score
Planet ranch crossing and come up from that side of Bill Williams, and I just finished a new route that goes south from wikieup and stays east of 93

Not sure the exact route but Ill check it out thanks.

BE sure to download the Arizona wilderness boundary KMZ into google earth. It's changed a lot of my intended plans.
You can find the AZ KMZ file here. The area has a lot of off limits travel. https://wilderness.net/visit-wilderness/google-earth.php

2Driver

Reaction score
The areas in yellow are all designated wilderness no travel. Its good to have the KMZ file it shows the whole state

wilderness.JPG

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
These three areas are of concern but not by a lot. The one in the middle is most.
0A3964B2-2C27-47F1-85E4-C9C979926D4F.jpeg

01erionracing

Reaction score
@Bpracing1127 I want to confirm $60 a head cost for food, firewood and Dave trailer cost.
For food it will cover
Friday dinner
Saturday breakfast, lunch and dinner
Sunday breakfast at Wayside.
Beverage such as soda, water, beer and liquor = BYO

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
We are planning for the following meals:

Friday night dinner:
Cheeseburgers and hotdogs
Potato salad and/or macaroni salad

Sat morning breakfast:
Pancakes and sausage

Sat night dinner:
Carne asada and pollo asado tacos

riverroyal

Reaction score
Glad im not going. I dont see beyond tacos on the list

Reactions: DWC

DWC

Reaction score
Here’s the list @Bpracing1127 puy together last year. Anything else we’re forgetting? We have octane booster. I’ll bring 1 rotopack of fuel just in case.

(Belt for utv , googles, beanie, sun screen, guns if you got em. Cash for wayside gas and food (they do take cc but cash is easier)