WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I might burn down my house...insurance question.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
People have been dealing with mold for years and years and years, it hasn’t been until recent times it took 15 certifications and “specialty” companies to take care of it. Thank you big government for saving us from ourselves.:rolleyes:

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
No, fuckstick....

How about do EVERYTHING IN YOUR POWER TO PROTECT YOUR FAMILY AND HOME??????
Has this singular thought EVER CROSSED YOUR SELF SERVING MIND??????

PULL YOUR STINKY FINGER OUT OF YOUR ASS AND DO SOMETHING PROACTIVE!!!!!!!!

FER FUCKS SAKE MAN....(and I use the term "man" LOOSELY....).....

Take care of you, and your own first. Then worry about every other idiot....

For God's sakes Greg....

This should have been solved, remediated, fixed, taken care of,,,,, within 3 days of the the first post.

Not 2 weeks later.
Mold is no joke.
You drinking tonight because your comprehension skills seem to be lacking. Protect my family?....my wife and I are it and we left the house. I consider that protected. The mold guys basically came in with hazmat suits on...that I don't own. Also brought equipment....that I don't own. They are going to give me all clear certifications...that I can't provide.

Headless hula

I’ve found boating heaven in Florida!
Reaction score
Sounds like HH has been hitting pretty close to home for both of you idiots.

Your "HOME" is your "home "????

against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that you will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that you take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that you will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which you are about to enter:

Oh, these are probably words you've never heard before.......

GRADS

Reaction score
Sounds like HH has been hitting pretty close to home for both of you idiots.

Your "HOME" is your "home "????

against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that you will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that you take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that you will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which you are about to enter:

Oh, these are probably words you've never heard before.......
Wow, you got some good shit tonight, what is it?....Jack Daniels? Weed?

buck35

Reaction score
LOL, city folks...
Mold.... We grew that shit in agar cups in jr high biology class...#nobodydied

colenighthawk

Reaction score
If theres mold spread thru out the house, why is there only a small area contained? There should be air scrubbers thru out the house to reduce mold spores. Since your house was built in 1978, testing for asbestos was also required. To remove mold growth, you have to contain the area, have an air scrubber in place, put on protective gear, get a wire brush and brush the root of the mold. Use a hepa vac to vac up all the mold spores on the framing. Spray framing with antimicrobial (don't never use bleach, that only bleaches it) and wipe off with a clean rag until rag looks clean. Spray containtment with antimicrobial and do a complete wipe from top to bottom, including air scrubber. Replace outer filter on Hepa 500 and call your hygienist for mold clearance. Easy as that. I do this shit every day.

GRADS

Reaction score
If theres mold spread thru out the house, why is there only a small area contained? There should be air scrubbers thru out the house to reduce mold spores. Since your house was built in 1978, testing for asbestos was also required. To remove mold growth, you have to contain the area, have an air scrubber in place, put on protective gear, get a wire brush and brush the root of the mold. Use a hepa vac to vac up all the mold spores on the framing. Spray framing with antimicrobial (don't never use bleach, that only bleaches it) and wipe off with a clean rag until rag looks clean. Spray containtment with antimicrobial and do a complete wipe from top to bottom, including air scrubber. Replace outer filter on Hepa 500 and call your hygienist for mold clearance. Easy as that. I do this shit every day.
Exactly!!! All this has been done or is being done, including duct cleaning of the HVAC and a $2500 wipe down/cleaning of the house.:eek:

colenighthawk

Reaction score
Make sure you get mold clearance after mold remediation is completed. Let me know if you need a hygienist. I know someone in Sac area.

Don't let this guy's bring you down. You're doing the right thing.

Keep track of all your expenses since you moved out, and send them to the company that placed air movers when there was visible mold and contaminated the entire house for reimbursement.
Dumb asses, they have to be IICRC, certified to do water mitigation. By getting certified also teaches you how to spot visible mold.

Last edited:

GRADS

Reaction score
Make sure you get mold clearance after mold remediation is completed. Let me know if you need a hygienist. I know someone in Sac area.

Don't let this guy's bring you down. You're doing the right thing.
Thanks man, I really appreciate that.

Headless hula

I’ve found boating heaven in Florida!
Reaction score
Wow, you got some good shit tonight, what is it?....Jack Daniels? Weed?
Maybe if you weren't such a tit, there might be some sympathy.

Nope. You are a tit.

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
What a classic example of drinking and posting. Hope the headache this morning doesn’t keep you from climbing up that huge pedestal you sit on top off.

“Lololololo”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:)

HCP3

Reaction score
I thought this was a dungeon thread for a second there.

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
Cows can’t fart in California without filters, I’m not sure how Headless Hula thinks a mold remediation can be completed in 20 days (to date anyway). Lol. This will be a full gut by the time the mold finally doesn’t get under control. I’d be pissed off that this wasn’t ready for rebuild after 20 damn days.

GRADS

Reaction score
Cows can’t fart in California without filters, I’m not sure how Headless Hula thinks a mold remediation can be completed in 20 days (to date anyway). Lol. This will be a full gut by the time the mold finally doesn’t get under control. I’d be pissed off that this wasn’t ready for rebuild after 20 damn days.
One final mold test tomorrow and if it passes the rebuild will start and most likely go quickly. (fingers crossed)

Springfield

Reaction score
Didn't read the thread but was wondering if it's toasted yet or just more shit talk?

GRADS

Reaction score
I just read this and maybe Homeless Hula is upset that his house actually did burn down?

20545346-AAC2-494A-A6E1-77854357C09E.gif

Last edited:

GRADS

Reaction score
Time to say screw it and build your dream house.
We are actually seriously considering this. Finding property is turning out to be harder than we thought. We don't need much, we're thinking a 1800'-2000' single story, 3 bedroom, 2 bath, 6 car garage.:D

Yellowboat

Reaction score
We are actually seriously considering this. Finding property is turning out to be harder than we thought. We don't need much, we're thinking a 1800'-2000' single story, 3 bedroom, 2 bath, 6 car garage.:D
When you find out how much the permit for the house will cost you will shit . The last time i looked to build a pool house in granite bay it was running ~60 SQFT that was l6 ish years ago and they were deep in to the excess of 3k sqft multiplier. Engineering fees were reasonable at like 125, where the city of rosivle is 275.

So dont e shocked if you have to drop 120-150k just for permission to build said 2k sqft house.

78Southwind

Reaction score

I am glad you have your priorities right.

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
Mold.. remediated, resolved, checked off and certified within 72hrs. I took initiative did the remediation myself and had test done and certified mold free.. these are just a couple pics was infested in the whole attic. Remediation company said it would take at least 30days when I mention the insurance would probably cover it. Like I said 72hrs and alot of work it was done!
20190301_100947.jpg
20190328_112915.jpg
20190301_100927.jpg
20190328_112908.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

LuauLounge

Reaction score
34 years ago, we were going to build. Same deal 2000 ft 3/2, pool, large lot, large garage. At the time, only 15k sq ft lots available were 100k+, pools were 25k.
Found a 4/3 with a pool in a culdesac on 1/3 acre for $127k in the area we wanted. At the time, we thought if it didn't work for us, we'd tear it down and start over. A few minor remodels, mostly got what we wanted.

GRADS

Reaction score
Could I have gone Homeless Hula and rigged it myself?...Sure. But the contractor at fault is covering it under his insurance so there are proper channels that need to be followed. Not to mention this happened over the holidays and getting people out around Christmas and New Years was next to impossible.

Yellowboat

Reaction score
Could I have gone Homeless Hula and rigged it myself?...Sure. But the contractor at fault is covering it under his insurance so there are proper channels that need to be followed. Not to mention this happened over the holidays and getting people out around Christmas and New Years was next to impossible.
No, you just have to add a zero, which sadly insurance does not like to do.

Jojo1

Banned
Reaction score
What a classic example of drinking and posting. Hope the headache this morning doesn’t keep you from climbing up that huge pedestal you sit on top off.

“Lololololo”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He is a asshole. Always been. His work is also a fly by night operation. Can you say insurance???? Clown!

JUSTWANNARACE

Reaction score

This is the problem with today's society.. you take no responsibility in this.. so I take it the guy came to your house and forced you to have crown moulding installed. And is now obligated to take care of the issue whole handedly in the fear of being sued. And people wonder why it's so had to find a contractor at a decent price to do this kind of shit. Not standing up for what happened because if his installation but I can bet he will think twice before he does another crown job on a 40+yrs old house for the cost you got it done for. And as far as this is going he'll be lucky to still be insured by the time all said and done. Less than $500 and a day or 2 of your time and this could have been done and behind you!!

GRADS

Reaction score
This is the problem with today's society.. you take no responsibility in this.. so I take it the guy came to your house and forced you to have crown moulding installed. And is now obligated to take care of the issue whole handedly in the fear of being sued. And people wonder why it's so had to find a contractor at a decent price to do this kind of shit. Not standing up for what happened because if his installation but I can bet he will think twice before he does another crown job on a 40+yrs old house for the cost you got it done for. And as far as this is going he'll be lucky to still be insured by the time all said and done. Less than $500 and a day or 2 of your time and this could have been done and behind you!!
You're right, I should have absolutely expected a leak to flood my house when I paid someone to install crown moulding. What was I thinking.

JUSTWANNARACE

Reaction score
Long story short... We've been gone for 5 days to come home to find we have a leaking pipe in a wall. Carpets soaked, still have no idea where the leak is but walls will need to come down to find it. Called the insurance company and they told me because we had a claim last year (our first in 20 years) when our water heater let go and flooded the house, they said with two water claims they will not renew our policy. So is fire an option?:(:mad::mad:

Is the insurance company (Mercury) bullshitting me?

You where looking for an out from the word go because your insurance was going to drop you. Instead of finding the leak and handling it, or getting a step ahead of the situation. But I guess it was alot easier just to get on the internet and post about it. Then post how the remediation companies are doing such a shitty job that apparently you couldnt do yourself.

GRADS

Reaction score
You where looking for an out from the word go because your insurance was going to drop you. Instead of finding the leak and handling it, or getting a step ahead of the situation. But I guess it was alot easier just to get on the internet and post about it. Then post how the remediation companies are doing such a shitty job that apparently you couldnt do yourself.
Looking for an out? Are you kidding? I had no clue it was the crown moulding guy that caused it until someone on RDP mentioned it ...thank god. I would think most people that came home after being gone for a week to find part of their house flooded would call their insurance company.

So as soon as we figured where the leak could possibly be I paid a plumber to come out and fix it....with my own money.

GRADS

Reaction score
He is a asshole. Always been.
He signed up in 2016?:rolleyes: I've got chunks of forum members bigger than him in my stools.;):D

Last edited:

GRADS

Reaction score
Mold.. remediated, resolved, checked off and certified within 72hrs. I took initiative did the remediation myself and had test done and certified mold free.. these are just a couple pics was infested in the whole attic. Remediation company said it would take at least 30days when I mention the insurance would probably cover it. Like I said 72hrs and alot of work it was done! View attachment 832811 View attachment 832812 View attachment 832814 View attachment 832819

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
How much did you pay for the mold test and certification?

GRADS

Reaction score
So I'm not misconstruing words here.
You are claiming that multiple forum members have given you beef injections loading up your stools?
yes and thank you.;)

GRADS

Reaction score
Still wondering where that Homeless Hula dude is....Probably too hungover to comment.

GRADS

Reaction score
He's working feverishly on the 'Climate Change' thread, should be open for comments in 2 weeks.

You can comment on it in the "Test" section if you'd like but it was a pretty damn boring thread to be honest.
tenor.gif

RichL

Reaction score
Wish I could like this a bunch of times. Well said.