In it to win it
Reaction score
Earth Romer bad ass

DB9859A2-4F9F-4B68-A07C-13292B20637F.jpeg
13B11EC5-4AD3-41CD-975C-4991B502EC28.jpeg
6F2FEEF9-2DCD-484C-BBC7-3B6FE8A98945.jpeg

Tank

Reaction score
They're bad ass. Just make sure you bring your checkbook. That one is roughly 600k as it sits USED.

The new F650 model (little larger) is 1.5 mil

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Bad ass. And HUGE. Imagine driving that "off road"

I'd rather have an RV and a JEEP and the cost of that beast is probably equal to them both

sirbob

Reaction score
Great looking truck! Man I feel money flying out of my pocket just looking at it!

hallett21

Reaction score
It’s just missing a twin outboard 24 schiada behind it. Cmon lotto!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WildHorses24

Reaction score
The inside would blow your mind. Saw this one in William's a couple years ago and got to do a walk through. I think he was close to 450k with his options..
20171122_154051.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

2Driver

Reaction score
My wife and I have actually been shopping them or similar. There are better ones out there IMO. Personally the issues with them is they try to pack too much luxury in an expedition vehicle. There was an older earth romer for sale in Parker.

I’d be looking at global expedition vehicles as a choice or the new earthcruiser with the 6.2 and Allison.
B2BC989D-3EC8-4721-8B02-221581FFBE8C.jpeg

Tank

Reaction score
My wife and I have actually been shopping them or similar. There are better ones out there IMO. Personally the issues with them is they try to pack too much luxury in an expedition vehicle. There was an older earth romer for sale in Parker.

I’d be looking at global expedition vehicles as a choice or the new earthcruiser with the 6.2 and Allison.
View attachment 832344
Pretty sure there was someone on here that has or had a Global Expedition with the garage up high in the back. There was a pic of it on here from the Dunes in Newport.

hallett21

Reaction score
I may have spoken too soon. Can you not pull a trailer with these?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2Driver

Reaction score
Pretty sure there was someone on here that has or had a Global Expedition with the garage up high in the back. There was a pic of it on here from the Dunes in Newport.
Yeah the mrs likes that one. It will hold a rzr if you remove the roll bar which isnt the end if the world if you are in one place for awhile. That one is actually for sale.
Almost bought a used Earthcruiser last month. If you have a stream nearby these can support months off grid due to solar everthing and water purification.

LOL i guess if your priorities are cabinet and counter surface materials you arent the person who really wants to be really boondocking

Last edited:

Tank

Reaction score
For a fraction of what these Earth Roamer types sell for, this guy will convert your E450 class C to 4x4.

It's not going to be a full on expedition vehicle but how many of us would need one?

And that's the conundrum or irony in this whole thing. What person that can afford a 1.5 million RV is going to go out and SERIOUSLY become one with earth and use it like it's "designed" to be used. Guarantee 99.9999999% of these never see a true offroad trail let alone blaze their own path.

DLC

Reaction score
My wife has a friend who’s husband bought a unimog, big Ol 5ft tires thing is a tank with all kinds of luxuries.

He wanted to ship it to Africa and travel around..... not sure if he ever went on the trip

expensive RV

Reactions: DWC

Icky

Reaction score
For a fraction of what these Earth Roamer types sell for, this guy will convert your E450 class C to 4x4.

It's not going to be a full on expedition vehicle but how many of us would need one?

The link I posted 4x4 is an option

2Driver

Reaction score
A lot depends on whether you want to just go down a bumpy dirt road or get back into some remote country. stuff like global exp and earthcrusers have great cab to chassis articulation and suspension articulation as well as clearance and locking diffs.

A pickup with a 4500 lb camper is only going so far. If the rv part isn't built for off-road then you can expect shit to come apart after a shorter period of time

its like trying to buy one boat or one motorcycle, theres going to be plusses and minuses on what ever you pick.

Reactions: DWC

gqchris

Reaction score
This is headed to Az.

Thats hillarious! I have the same exact coach and I can only imagine what it sounds like inside taking any sort of "trail"! My coach sounds like hell unleashed just going down grated washboard roads getting to camp. LOL And Winnebago makes a decent coach, still rattles like hell.

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
Thats hillarious! I have the same exact coach and I can only imagine what it sounds like inside taking any sort of "trail"! My coach sounds like hell unleashed just going down grated washboard roads getting to camp. LOL And Winnebago makes a decent coach, still rattles like hell.

The guy builds the drive train well but a Class C is still a Class C.
Better suited to Mexican beaches, Glamis sand and mild off road vs rock crawling.
Right up my alley and can beach launch my small boats without concern.

Rondog4405

Reaction score
They're bad ass. Just make sure you bring your checkbook. That one is roughly 600k as it sits USED.

The new F650 model (little larger) is 1.5 mil
600k! Holy shit!

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
For that kinda money I'm going with something along this line.

Antanov-An-2-Anuschka-Russia-2058543.jpg
1261048.jpeg
Flying+rv_ab800e_7079940.jpg

BingerFang

Reaction score
2B78C764-21DA-478F-82F4-1D34070B090B.png
Met this guy in the middle of Baja one afternoon. Him and his wife were from Austria and were traveling North America. They had it shipped to Cabo and were going to take it up through Canada and back down to the Panama Canal.

Last edited:

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
Revcon seemed to have some pretty nice offerings. On a superduty chassis, I believe.

Dan'l

clarence

Reaction score

View attachment 832344

I've friends doing the same (shopping). I'll be curious what you end up with and share with them.

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
Ah the days of off roading with a pickup and camper, We use to go all over baja, it was so cool to be camping feet away from the ocean south of san felipe. and in less than two years the camper would be falling apart, we would build all sorts of supports for the cab over part but just never held up for long, but damn those were fun trips

ChiliPepperGarage

Well Known RDP Cart Returner
Reaction score
EarthRoamers are badass but crazy expensive. If you are into the whole "overlanding" thing the place to go is Overland Expo in Flagstaff. It's like the boat show but for overlanding. They have everything from ground tents to full on Dakar type stuff there.

Then there is the RDP of overlanding:
https://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/

I don't need or want such a large vehicle. I've done a week long in my truck with just a camper shell but will be building something a little bit larger. This silver truck belongs to Jack from Reno. Duramax with an SAS and custom built flatbed camper. They are going to South America with it.
I won't be doing that but do want to go up to Alaska. I'd like to keep the camper as close to even with the top of the cab for fuel mileage so will do something like the black truck with a popup.
There are tons of pickup options but they are all so crazy expensive and everyone is capitalizing on the whole overland craze. Search YouTube and you will find all kinds of ideas as well as channels dedicated to overlanding.

IMG_0773-L.jpg
IMG_0478-L.jpg
rqCiwq0h.jpg
X4rPEeKh.jpg

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

Let 2FF have it for a month, he will fix that right up for you.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
My brother is building an Overlander out of a Corvair Greenbriar. It's badass!

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
I’ll take a Unicat please. :) The newer Earthroamers are even nicer than the one posted above. The shells are made out of carbon fiber.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
I gotta laugh at the whole "adventuring" schtick. We did that as kids, it was called "camping".

Give me a 3/4 ton 4WD pickup and 8-10 foot camper and I'll go do the same "overland adventures" as the guys spending $600k+.

God bless those manufacturers though, they have great marketing.

Same thing with the whole adventure motorcycle craze right now.

Universal Elements

Reaction score
I just want to know the tire/wheel size so I could convert my F450 into a SRW. :)

2Driver

Reaction score
I gotta laugh at the whole "adventuring" schtick. We did that as kids, it was called "camping".

Give me a 3/4 ton 4WD pickup and 8-10 foot camper and I'll go do the same "overland adventures" as the guys spending $600k+.

God bless those manufacturers though, they have great marketing.

Same thing with the whole adventure motorcycle craze right now.

LOL when we go out with friends we always laugh and ask, when did “farting around in the desert” become Over-landing :D

Between REI and the internet its shoved way too many people into the back country that have no business being there IMO. Probably the same goes for local forest.

This overland fad has all the makings of a hobby as there are endless gadgets and gear to buy to make your Car a mock up of your subdivision home. Once the asshats realize its still tent camping and tire of it after a few trips, there will be plenty of cheap goods to pick up.

HotRod82

Reaction score
Not an actual overlander, but here is my 7.3 F450 4x4 based camper I just finished. I took a Lance double slide 1172, mounted it to a custom flatbed / storage bin setup I built. I skinned it with Filion, bought the bin doors and all the RV edge moulding online. Came out great, has good sized tanks and an LP generator onboard, even has factory solar. I also installed the beefy Torklift Truss hitch setup capable of towing 12K. I got tired of fighting our big 35' diesel trying to get in and out of the smaller beach campgrounds and remote spots we frequent....wifey says it's a little small but I couldn't be happier. As a bonus, it's registered as a 2001 housecar and is only $230 to register.
moho.jpg

Tank

Reaction score
Not an actual overlander, but here is my 7.3 F450 4x4 based camper I just finished. I took a Lance double slide 1172, mounted it to a custom flatbed / storage bin setup I built. I skinned it with Filion, bought the bin doors and all the RV edge moulding online. Came out great, has good sized tanks and an LP generator onboard, even has factory solar. I also installed the beefy Torklift Truss hitch setup capable of towing 12K. I got tired of fighting our big 35' diesel trying to get in and out of the smaller beach campgrounds and remote spots we frequent....wifey says it's a little small but I couldn't be happier. As a bonus, it's registered as a 2001 housecar and is only $230 to register. View attachment 832590
That is fuckin RAD! Post some pics of the build and the inside? What a cool project. Way to go man. Beautiful. Can you crawl through from cab to camper?

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
LOL when we go out with friends we always laugh and ask, when did “farting around in the desert” become Over-landing :D

Between REI and the internet its shoved way too many people into the back country that have no business being there IMO. Probably the same goes for local forest.

This overland fad has all the makings of a hobby as there are endless gadgets and gear to buy to make your Car a mock up of your subdivision home. Once the asshats realize its still tent camping and tire of it after a few trips, there will be plenty of cheap goods to pick up.

I think it more of just the general overcrowding and every other Donkey with a rv/TT/toy hauler who is pushing people out into the more remote spots. I don't want to be anywhere near a family running a generator and sxs/atv all day and night.

HotRod82

Reaction score
That is fuckin RAD! Post some pics of the build and the inside? What a cool project. Way to go man. Beautiful. Can you crawl through from cab to camper?

Thanks! No, you cannot crawl through with the drivers side slide in. Here's a couple pics of the interior off the Lance website...

moho int.jpg
moho int2.jpg
The reclining loveseat in the rear pop out really helps making a smaller space livable, it gives you a place to sit without having to sit at the table. Lance is pretty good at maximizing space.
moho int3.jpg

Here's a few under construction, lots of work but nothing overly difficult. I found a 2 year old camper that was stored indoors and like new for less than half of a new one...
bld1.jpg

bld2.jpg
bld3.jpg
bld4.jpg
bld5.jpg
bld6.jpg