WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Chop my RZR top ?

Mike K

Reaction score
I need to cut 6 inches out of my stock xp900 rear cage uprights ... always hated that goofy roof ... I see lots of Youtube videos about it ... it lowers the roof down and looks so much better ... still room for helmets etc ... but I need someone who can do it in Havasu ? I remember about 4 to 6 years ago everybody was making aftermarket cages and all ... I really want to update the RZR without having to spend thousands on a newer 1000 so Im gonna keep my 900. There has to be someone in Havasu that used to build cages or something ?
Yeah ... we cruised by that new Desert Bar on Monday ... it’s gonna b fun.

79 HUSTLER

Reaction score
Lots of guys in havasu still building cages. Now finding one who is willing to cut 6” out of your stock cage, good luck!

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
For your own safety and anyone riding with you... I hope you can find a deal on a cage someplace before you “chop” a Polaris stock cage.
Safety features are not worth cutting corners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

River Runnin

Reaction score
So your saying a Hacksaw & JB weld might not hold up??

Keymyster

Reaction score
I cut mine. Didn't like the covered wagon look. I took 4" off. When I cut it the cage went really out of shape. Had a real hard time putting it back together. I should have just bought an after market cage. Stronger for sure. Wouldn't advise it. It was a hold my beer moment.

TrojanDan

Reaction score
Try Anything Off-road in LHC. They do cage fabrications and alterations in addition to a ton of other off-road related stuff. I was going to have them lower my cage on my 900xp4 a few years ago but opted to spend money on new tires and rims. I still want it done.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
There is a reason Polaris leaves a lot of room between the top of cage and passengers head. When you roll yours you will understand why, lol.

I would just save up the extra money and buy a SAFE cage. I don’t consider .050” thick wall DOM Tubing a safe material when it comes to mine or my loved ones lives.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Yes those 900 cages were ugly.. it is a geometry disaster to “chop” the stock cage though... not a simple slice out 6 inches and weld it back together.

I’d run it as is. No reason to put good money on a cage into an aging platform that you’ll never get back out.

Used 1000 XP4s are in the mid teens...

outboard_256

Reaction score
For your own safety and anyone riding with you... I hope you can find a deal on a cage someplace before you “chop” a Polaris stock cage.
Safety features are not worth cutting corners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

but there are youtube videos on it. Gotta be safe right?

rrrr

Reaction score
There is a reason Polaris leaves a lot of room between the top of cage and passengers head. When you roll yours you will understand why, lol.

I would just save up the extra money and buy a SAFE cage. I don’t consider .050” thick wall DOM Tubing a safe material when it comes to mine or my loved ones lives.

Even if you tighten your harness to the limits of your strength, the belts stretch considerably in a crash. Throw that in along with any deformation of the cage in a rollover, and the reason for the height of the cage becomes obvious.

A discussion about harnesses...read it and learn.

https://www.turnology.com/news/harnesses-and-hans-what-you-need-to-know-before-hitting-the-track/