WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Amazon wont ship Rotopax gas can to CA?

kiethco

Reaction score
Is there an issue with the cap? I placed the order then at check out Amazon said they can't ship to my address. It's a neat 3.5 gallon, 21 inches tall, 4,5 wide. Perfect for behind my buggy seat.
I went to the Rotopax website and the order went through, I'm guessing it'll get caught in shipping. I'm going to Quartzite in a few weeks to offroad, maybe I can ship it to general delivery at Quartzite post office?

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Might not be CARB certified.
The old Jaspers I know say receive packages at the General Store. Damfino why.
I haven't and know nothing beyond that but that's what the old Buzzards say.
Check with them first and figure that out.
Post Office is probably OK too. Unlikely the PO will flag it.
They aren't that ambitious.

Last I was in Parker, Parker Yamaha was selling them. I'd call first.
It's not that far a drive from Quartzite.

rotopaxgrpsm.jpg

They ain't cheap is why most people don't buy them.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Amazon seems very conservative with that type of stuff. I’m usually able to get it via other sources without a problem.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
From the Rotopax website:

All of the gas containers Rotopax manufactures for the United States are molded using our patented three layer design. This state of the art molding technique exceeds the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) and CARB (California Air and Research Board) requirements. Making Rotopax the only Rotational molded EPA and CARB compliant container on the market. The Rotopax Gas containers are offered in various sizes depending on your needs. 1, 1.75, 2, 3, and 4 gallon. Remember to vent the pax regularly.

https://rotopax.com/rotopax/fuel-packs/

Reactions: DWC

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
It is the lid that makes them a problem in CA, not the plastic.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
From the Rotopax website:

All of the gas containers Rotopax manufactures for the United States are molded using our patented three layer design. This state of the art molding technique exceeds the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) and CARB (California Air and Research Board) requirements. Making Rotopax the only Rotational molded EPA and CARB compliant container on the market. The Rotopax Gas containers are offered in various sizes depending on your needs. 1, 1.75, 2, 3, and 4 gallon. Remember to vent the pax regularly.

https://rotopax.com/rotopax/fuel-packs/

Even if they surpass if they aren’t approved they can’t sell them. CARB is a joke and hopefully the Trump administration removes some of the restrictions they have put on things like this and on marine engines

4Waters

Reaction score
It is the lid that makes them a problem in CA, not the plastic.
It's the filler neck, stupid, smog on a gas can. The jazz type fuel jugs are now sold a water jugs so they can be shipped into ca.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
It's the filler neck, stupid, smog on a gas can. The jazz type fuel jugs are now sold a water jugs so they can be shipped into ca.

Yea, someone in the marketing department wised up.

kiethco

Reaction score
As of Monday at 3:00 p.m. nothing saying there's a problem to ship to CA from the manufacturer. Arizona Peace Trail, here I come!

SHOCKtheMONKEY

Reaction score
I ordered two jet kits, one for my Suzuki Z400 & one for my daughters Yamaha 250 quad. They wouldn't ship the Suzuki kit to CA.
Go figure...

Andy01

Reaction score
Ship it here, I'll throw it in the back of Christina's car on any given week or my dad's Tahoe and you can pick up from them in Lakewood or Fountain Valley.

WhatExit?

Reaction score
Anybody using Rotopax gas containers?

I’ve seen them for years but never used them. I know they’re super spendy so I wonder if anyone discounts these things?

thanks in advance

wettrthebettr

Reaction score
Shipping items to Californy is getting to be harder to receive more and more, I ordered a Toy Shot Gun for a Gift and they could not send it cause of a Californy Ban, but I could buy a Real Shot gun no problem, go figure. I drove just 8 miles east pass CA state line in Nevada to pick it up at Cabelas. Bull shit ,but I got it.

WhatExit?

Reaction score
I'm in AZ so no issues shipping to me - just wondering if they're worth the money and if so, anyone discount them?

grumpy88

Reaction score
I ordered and received my rotopax can on Amazon . The local dealer would not buy it since it does not meet carb standards . To answer another question I have not found anywhere that sells them discounted . It's the axia mount that really makes it spendy ! Have a great time on your ride

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

I’ve seen them for years but never used them. I know they’re super spendy so I wonder if anyone discounts these things?

thanks in advance

Buy the LongHaul equivalent. They come in 3L, 5L 10L sizes. The mount bolt pattern is different than Rotopax though.

Cozyel Gas Can Portable Fuel Oil Petrol Diesel Gas Storage Tank Emergency Backup for Motorcycle Car SUV ATV with Lock Oil Pack Fuel Cans Fuel (Red-3L) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XRNCJJS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_249gEbK0913ZX

Bails

Reaction score
I had one delivered from Amazon last week and I'm in Long
beach

Meaney77

Reaction score
I ordered and received my rotopax can on Amazon . The local dealer would not buy it since it does not meet carb standards . To answer another question I have not found anywhere that sells them discounted . It's the axia mount that really makes it spendy ! Have a great time on your ride

FYI I was looking around on their website and saw they have some cheaper cans that are "blems"

https://rotopax.com/blems/

King295

Well-Known Inmate #20225
Reaction score
I could not get VP gas cans (utility jugs) shipped from Amazon to CA. Summit Racing, no problem.

W.O.T

Reaction score
Same problem for me but eBay was not a problem and free shipping.

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score

thanks in advance

I have 2 of them and 2 of the "long haul" knock off's, or maybe theyre called youngfly, i forget. The rotopax are thicker, and the mounts are much nicer. The lids on both leak. I have the 1.3 gallon knock off ones, and I think the rotos are 3 gal.

When i built my rock crawler I only left enough room in the chassis for a 5 gal cell, so on longer trips I have a spot for the 3 gal roto, and that will get me thru a day.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
@kiethco Try eBay.
I found some fuel cans Amazon would not ship to Cali. Found the same ones on eBay for couple dollars less with free shipping.

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
Just buy a can that fits. Then go to tractor supply and get new nozzle and vent kit

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

wettrthebettr

Reaction score
Here another Item amazon or ebay will not ship to Californy: Valvoline VR1 oil they will not ship to CA but you can pay more and buy the same oil at O'Reilly's auto parts store.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Amazon won't ship me the disposable funnels. I like to use them with the fuel stabilizers.

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
They “ can’t “ ship certain things to California..... due to stupid laws...

Just bought a small wine fridge (8 bottle size) ... can’t ship to California.... no worries they could ship it to havasu... I was going in a couple of days... timing worked out....

Took my non energy star fridge home to California...

Timmmmmy

Reaction score
Might not be CARB certified.
The old Jaspers I know say receive packages at the General Store. Damfino why.
I haven't and know nothing beyond that but that's what the old Buzzards say.
Check with them first and figure that out.
Post Office is probably OK too. Unlikely the PO will flag it.
They aren't that ambitious.

Last I was in Parker, Parker Yamaha was selling them. I'd call first.
It's not that far a drive from Quartzite.

rotopaxgrpsm.jpg

They ain't cheap is why most people don't buy them.
Parker auto sales them also