WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Venice canals almost dry, two months after severe floods

spectras only

Reaction score
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-51098129

Only thing constant in Earth's history is climate change. Tides change from regular to super tides. Nothing else to see here climate activists:p;)

Boats have been seen almost beached as water levels dip drastically.
The canals look more like mud trenches and getting around has become a problem for many in the city.
In November, Venice experienced its highest water levels in more than 50 years in what some said was a direct result of climate change.:rolleyes:o_O:confused:

To those [ like the mayor of Venice and others ] who believed climate change is the cause of the flood in Venice should read up on science.Or, maybe they should raise the city since it's been sinking for centuries.
https://sciencing.com/relationship-between-moon-phases-tides-5038199.html

Last edited:

twocents

RDP Staff Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Didn't 60 Minutes just do a segment about Venice flooding last night? And the dopey Venice mayor was blaming it all on 'climate change' and that Venice should become the hub of all international 'climiate change' research. They also showed some 'in-progress' construction of an adjustable mammoth lock system that would stretch across the water inlet to Venice (however the construction was about 10 years behind schedule). Maybe they should abandon the 'lock' build and start dredging the inlet instead? Mother Nature is tricky.

Rayson1971

Reaction score
Weird. I heard it's sinking. The water rises an inch a year.

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
Didn't 60 Minutes just do a segment about Venice flooding last night? And the dopey Venice mayor was blaming it all on 'climate change' and that Venice should become the hub of all international 'climiate change' research. They also showed some 'in-progress' construction of an adjustable mammoth lock system that would stretch across the water inlet to Venice (however the construction was about 10 years behind schedule). Maybe they should abandon the 'lock' build and start dredging the inlet instead? Mother Nature is tricky.
Yep, i saw it last night

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Uncle Dave

Reaction score

That lock you are describing is pretty epic piece of construction.

UD

84miller

Reaction score
You will never hear a Climate Change Activist even mention Milankovitch Cycles and How the Earth Cools and Heats Up. It's proven science, unlike their Snake Oil, lol.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milankovitch_cycles

The best college course I took was Astronomy. Major time was done on earth's climate and the process the entire globe goes through which includes ice caps freeze and thawing (ocean flushing). I will make it simple, man has very little impact, mankind is a fart in the grand canyon as far as impact, but that will not stop government from taking your money for nothing. Now sun, volcano eruptions can have some impact. Mankind should try to keep the air, water and land clean just because it makes our direct environment more enjoyable. If you want something to worry about, think asteroids, not too much you can do about them either.

traquer

Reaction score
What's the reason for the historic low tide? Maybe I'm tired but I didn't see the explanation for that anywhere.

sirbob

Reaction score
What's the reason for the historic low tide? Maybe I'm tired but I didn't see the explanation for that anywhere.

While the Venice tide is low it’s not historic - it get this low there regularly.

The historic part was the high tide from a couple of months ago.

It’s a news cycle showing the wide disparity IMO.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
The Panama Canal is also experiencing a shortage of fresh water. The Locks on both sides of the Canal are operated with natural fresh water from Gatun Lake and the streams and rivers in the area. The new Freshwater Surcharge will be $10,000 each for all vessels over 125'. According to Panama this Surcharge will not be used to purchase freshwater. It is only an attempt to minimize Canal traffic. All the fresh water required for the operation of the locks on either side of the Canal ends up being dumped into the Pacific or Caribbean. The country of Panama brings in enormous dollars for Canal Passage fees. This additional $10,000 per vessel will be passed on to the ultimate consumer for goods or travel fees. Just more money for Panama.

Cdog

Reaction score
WOW! I was just there in July with my family. That reminds me I have some video of boats for you guys. I need to upload to you tube.