WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Flu shots - Yes or No

FreeBird236

Reaction score
I did this year, even got the high potency one for old people.:D

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
First off, it's major collusion between the pharmaceutical industry and Health care providers to provide a solution in search of a problem and generate revenue...

Secondly, it a government program to institutionalize and program the mass population immunity system for biological control in the case of pandemic/epidemic. They want the keys to your survival for a price of course. You actually want to get the flu consistently to program your immunity system to know to 'self heal' and not become dependent on regular external controls of your immunity mapping. (insert tongue in cheek here)

I am NOT an anti vaxxer...

I was fine with the flu shot when they used it for targeted at risk groups, but lost confidence when they moved the everyone needs it and try to shame you model.

welldigger00

Reaction score
First off, it's major collusion between the pharmaceutical industry and Health care providers to provide a solution in search of a problem and generate revenue...

Secondly, it a government program to institutionalize and program the mass population immunity system for biological control in the case of pandemic/epidemic. They want the keys to your survival for a price of course. You actually want to get the flu consistently to program your immunity system to know to 'self heal' and not become dependent on regular external controls of your immunity mapping. (insert tongue in cheek here)

I was fine with the flu shot when they used it for targeted at risk groups, but lost confidence when they moved the everyone needs it and try to shame you model.

If what you say is true, it’s terrifying. It’s like the relationship between a drug dealer, and the user. Except, instead of getting high, the user just gets to live. This goes along with the shit I just read on the Chive website, an article called “the creepiest things declassified over the last decade”. If I wasn’t such an imbecile I would put a link up. I haven’t figured that out yet. This article, sorry for a minor thread jack, describes some heinous shit the governments of the world have done to society during times of war, and the Cold War. I don’t know how much validity there is to any of it, but I’m in the non flu shot group. That being said, I’ve been flat on my back for the last five days with a head/chest cold...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score

Same here! There is almost zero reasoning to spread the vaccine aroun en mass to the general populace.

I don't know how the human race survived all these millennia without modern medicine and vaccines for everything. Pure luck I guess.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

sprintcvx

Reaction score
Nope, never bothered with it. I have had the shot before and don't remember it making me sick or anything, it's just not something I search out to do every year. My wife gets one every year.

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
update
No - 20
Yes - 22

PS, I've had two Professionals in the Medical industry state Vitamin-up your immune system. They said what others have mentioned....
many different strains of the Flu virus, The Vacine only covers one type.... we are still rolling Dice....
as I lay here on Day 4, flat on my back, fever, horking mucus, conducting business from my phone and playing around on RDP...

Stay Well!!

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
I get it every year, and I haven’t picked up the flu since. I lost a friend to complications from the flu last year at 31, and know of another lost in Dec in his mid 30s. I take it very seriously now.

liquid addiction

^ 78 DiMarco Flat
Reaction score
The wife and I got for the first time this year. We were told we needed to do it before our granddaughter was born in October.

My wife is on some medication that messes with her immune system and had to go to the hospital for a couple tests and ended up sick as shit a couple days later. So far I have not had caught anything, even after being around my wife and our other snot nose grandkids that bring everything home from school.

I've always been against it before, but I think we will continue to get it annually now.

HBCraig

Reaction score
Just saw this on the news This years flu has started early and is now a "B" strain. The current flu shot doesnt have this exact strain in the vaccine but there might be a "substrain" that can be covered . This is exactly why I dont get the shot. My Dad is 77 and gets it every year. I am fine with that as a precaution

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
Wifw and I don't get it, but the kiddos do.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

YumaRivernaut

How Far Off Was I?
Reaction score
Never.
And never will. Flu viruses constantly mutate due recombinant RNA structure.
Never trust something big pharma and gubmint pushes hard, fast and for free.
If it's my time to die, so be it.
To each his own.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Fawking flu shots are basically free. If you don't get one you're an idiot. Just like the parents who don't vaccinate their kids.

Wanna risk getting sick as hell or maybe even dying (or losing your eyesight like the girl in Iowa did - extreme case: https://abc7chicago.com/health/flu-leaves-4-year-old-iowa-girl-blind-family-says/5844749/) don't get a flu shot.

Never.
And never will. Flu viruses constantly mutate due recombinant RNA structure.
Never trust something big pharma and gubmint pushes hard, fast and for free.
If it's my time to die, so be it.
To each his own.

It's a fucking flu shot ferr fucks sakes

AEA

Reaction score
I get them, age driven decision.

YumaRivernaut

How Far Off Was I?
Reaction score
Fawking flu shots are basically free. If you don't get one you're an idiot. Just like the parents who don't vaccinate their kids.

Wanna risk getting sick as hell or maybe even dying (or losing your eyesight like the girl in Iowa did - extreme case: https://abc7chicago.com/health/flu-leaves-4-year-old-iowa-girl-blind-family-says/5844749/) don't get a flu shot.

I'm not an idiot and come from a long family lineage of medical professionals. I listen to them not the propaganda.
I don't allow people to inject me with a crap shoot concoction mixed with toxic adjuvants.
Might want to do a bit more research into it as I have.
Prove definitively that your shot/shots did or did not prevent the Flu at any given time.
Prove definitively that because I did not get a shot it made you or anyone else sick.
I reserve the right to decide what or what does not enter my body.
Again, to each his own.

Ragged Edge

Man in the Box
Reaction score
Wife and I get them every year. Neither of us have had the flu since we started getting them. Working in large offices the exposure to virus's is yuuuge, bigly yuuuge. :D

HBCraig

Reaction score
I'm not an idiot and come from a long family lineage of medical professionals. I listen to them not the propaganda.
I don't allow people to inject me with a crap shoot concoction mixed with toxic adjuvants.
Prove definitively that your shot/shots did or did not prevent the Flu at any given time.
Prove definitively that because I did not get a shot it made you or anyone else sick.
Again, to each his own.

Bingo

j21black

Reaction score
Every year.

I hadn't had the Flu since grade school 30 years ago until last year. Son and I were out of town on a Duck hunt. The night before we were to come home my eyes started burning like I was getting a fever. Went to bed early, took some meds, woke up about 1am drenched in sweat and figured great, I broke it. Got up at 3:30, went on the hunt, felt fine. About 11am we finished up and I got about 3 miles down the road and it hit me like a ton of bricks. Drove 400+ miles home, wife took my temp, was 104 and told me she was taking me to ER now. I told her nope I can't do it, need sleep. Slept for about 24 hours, woke up with no fever just felt week. Went back to sleep and woke up around 2am the following morning (christmas eve) with a 103 temp again. She took me to Urgent care when they opened in the morning and I tested + for the flu. They gave me Tamiflu and sent me on my way. Woke up Christmas morning temp free and it never came back. I did however have to come home early from work the next week or so and take a nap. I was to weak to make it all day.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
https://www.nbcnews.com/health/kids-health/flu-leaves-4-year-old-iowa-girl-blind-n1114356

IMG_3553.PNG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JBS

Reaction score
Again, to each his own.

Damn we finally found common ground.:)

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I started getting em about 12 years ago.

Haven't had the flu since I started.

I don't do conspiracy theories. I feel fine. It's all good.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score

Again, to each his own.
Yuma is right. Want to get something out to the the general public without having to go through the rigurous testing required for FDA approval? Call your product a vaccine. As long as it has 1 weakened strain of a virus in it..... It'll pass. Then you can load it up with whatever the hell else you'd like. Don't believe me, look into the massive vaccination forced onto little bodies now compared to when we were younger.

Also ask yourself why a for-profit industry would give away a product that is supposed to limit the amount of money spent on their products and services?

And btw, doctors now-a-days are the dumbest "smart" people I have ever met. Trying to weed through the idiots to get to a good one for help is almost as difficult as the recovery sometimes.

welldigger00

Reaction score
Look up “operation sea spray” on the google. As stated before, if i wasn’t so stupid, I could figure out how to put a link where it would do that for you. Basically, in the fifties, the government released toxins into a fog bank over San Francisco, to see what happens, in laymen’s terms. It come right up on Wikipedia, and several other sites. I am not normally a conspiracy nut job, but I do have a roll of tin foil, and I’m gonna start making a hat out of it after reading this shit I saw on the chive web site today. Still have a head cold too. Fuckers.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Look up “operation sea spray” on the google. As stated before, if i wasn’t so stupid, I could figure out how to put a link where it would do that for you. Basically, in the fifties, the government released toxins into a fog bank over San Francisco, to see what happens, in laymen’s terms. It come right up on Wikipedia, and several other sites. I am not normally a conspiracy nut job, but I do have a roll of tin foil, and I’m gonna start making a hat out of it after reading this shit I saw on the chive web site today. Still have a head cold too. Fuckers.

Is this what your talking about.
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/1950-us-released-bioweapon-san-francisco-180955819/

welldigger00

Reaction score
Yep. That’s the one. So, basically, I think the flu shot is something like this test they did in the 50’s. I don’t know what the purpose is, or how or why, but when you hear of shit like this that was done then it makes me freak out, and not want to participate. If you look this up in the wiki, it’ll link to more “operations”.

welldigger00

Reaction score
Yeah, tell me that shit isn’t scary.

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
Current update

No - 24
Yes - 31
F-No - 1

PlumLoco

Vintage Jawa CZ motorcycles
Reaction score
59 yrs old and got a flu shot one time only. Felt sick for several days. I remember having the flu a couple times as a kid, but as an adult I rarely get sick. I literally go years without missing a beat.
My wife is a nurse. She refuses it and may quit the job over it. So far, while now "mandated", the hospital has looked the other way.

530RL

Reaction score
59 yrs old and got a flu shot one time only. Felt sick for several days. I remember having the flu a couple times as a kid, but as an adult I rarely get sick. I literally go years without missing a beat.
My wife is a nurse. She refuses it and may quit the job over it. So far, while now "mandated", the hospital has looked the other way.

You’re supposed to get a little run down after the flu shot as the body builds its defense.

I get some people don’t want it and others do.

The best part of America is we all get to choose for ourselves.

Wicky

Mr. Potatohead
Reaction score
I preach I don't get sick!! Maybe every three years... shits been goin around the office...

I wake up Friday... puke 5x leaving for work.. work all day, I'm F-ING SICK!!

Got shit to do Saturday... barely hanging on by a thread..

This morning I had an 8am project review, while taking a shower, I feel like I'm gonna pass out....
my honey is yelling at me... what are you doing, did you fall??? I passed out in our shower, laying on the ground with her yelling at me... didn't even know..

canceled my 8am, went to emergency clinic, yep you got the flu, they suggest an IV, which they don't do... I fight them about no F-ing IV... (ps, I'm running on 25% energy), one hour later, I'm at the ER with a liter of fluid in my arm.... feeling 100% better, (maybe 50% energy, got some food and liquid)..

anyway

Do you get a Flu shot??

Me, NO (but this current shit (type A) just might of changed my mind)
Measle shot is 99%.
Flu is 25%.
Those are some shitty odds for the flu shot

JBS

Reaction score
You’re supposed to get a little run down after the flu shot as the body builds its defense.

I get some people don’t want it and others do.

The best part of America is we all get to choose for ourselves.

Right now yes. In the future? Forcing vaccinations on people is another one of those items that the D's and R's tend to agree on. The R's are slightly more open to choice than the D's

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Right now yes. In the future? Forcing vaccinations on people is another one of those items that the D's and R's tend to agree on. The R's are slightly more open to choice than the D's
It's already happening in California. There is no choice and I guaran-dam-tee you the flu shot will be mandated in a couple years for everybody in the state.

JBS

Reaction score
It's already happening in California. There is no choice and I guaran-dam-tee you the flu shot will be mandated in a couple years for everybody in the state.

Oh I agree. Next up is also requiring adults to get "boosters"

You have the right to abort a baby but then you lose all rights to your own body. You were smart to leave

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Never had one and probably never will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Fuck No.

I catch everything my hundreds of clients and their kids have, got multiple friends with young kids, fuck it. What knocks people down for a week I get the sniffles for a day or two.

So I get sick once in a while, down for a day or two, kill it with alcohol of choice and Vitamin C till it is flushed out.

I believe in having a healthy immune system of my own doing.

jet496

Reaction score
I get it every year and can't remember the last time I was sick.
Same here. Started getting them 10 years ago when having trachea issues (Respiratory Papillomatosis) & didn't believe in them. Now I'm a believer because I haven't had the flu since. Rarely get sick.

nowski

Reaction score
I hear it every year, get your flu shot yet, nope. Yesterday while at the Doctors office they asked the same question and I said give me your best shot. First flu shot for me in over 35 years...