WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2021 GMC Yukon Debut was today

RandyH

Huge Member
Reaction score
https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/pictures/2021-gmc-yukon-denali-at4/

Nice picture gallery here. I think I like it..

Screenshot_20200114-211739_1.jpg

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
I’m in. Love those. But probably not retailing at the 2005 price. :p

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
I’m in. Love those. But probably not retailing at the 2005 price. :p
I'm with you, we bought a brand new Yukon Denali in 2004 for $43K and we got just an "ok" deal at the time. I'm guessing they are approaching $100K these days for a fully loaded Denali?:eek:

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
I'm with you, we bought a brand new Yukon Denali in 2004 for $43K and we got just an "ok" deal at the time. I'm guessing they are approaching $100K these days for a fully loaded Denali?:eek:

I occasionally stop by the dealer in Bullhead and check them out and when i see the 80k sticker I go oof. My 07 Escalade is a little tired but there’s no payment book. I could roll out of the dealer with a new one and be happy as a pig in shit til that payment book comes.:p

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
Not a fan of the push button trans shifting. Thats lame.

Plymouth/Chrysler had them in the Old Torqueflite Transmission.That was discontinued because Women kept breaking finger nails.:oops:

Cdog

Reaction score
Plymouth/Chrysler had them in the Old Torqueflite Transmission.That was discontinued because Women kept breaking finger nails.:oops:

It's horrible. I really like what our Audi Q7 has. I cant tell if I'm still bitter over the bail out or if GM just keeps doing things I dont care for but we seem to be moving in opposite directions.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score

mine 2017 Denali was 87k. My 2019 Escalade was 107k. I’m guessing the new Denali will be at the older Cadillac pricing.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Sadly we are excepting the fact a suv is $100000.
Whats the real build cost? $15000 worth of material and labor?
The rest is profit by manufacturer and dealer?
Think about it...100k for a suv thats worth 35k in 5 years.
People making 100k a year buying 100k suvs.
Its really not a good thing.
Im guilty of over priced vehicles.

But a GM product at 100k and they sell. Crazy times

bk2drvr

Reaction score
sadly they are all losing their identity and becoming a homogenous design with different badges.

I thought the same thing looking at the pics. They are all starting to blend together.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Looks a lot like a 2020 Navigator...
View attachment 834453
sadly they are all losing their identity and becoming a homogenous design with different badges.
Maybe that's why I liked the AT4 front end MUCH better.

That AT4 is a pretty good looking Yukon. I'd take it (definitely won't have the money for it anytime in the next 10 years).

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
I paid less than that for my first house I purchased in the late 90's....I'm an old man I guess.

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
I hope the seats are different from the truck seats - I sat in a Denali pickup at the car show and the seats were hard and flat. That’s a deal breaker for me.

Andy B.

Reaction score
I paid less than that for my first house I purchased in the late 90's....I'm an old man I guess.

Paid 89,000.00 in 92 for first house granted it was only 1400 square.ft. Last new vehicle I bought was in 2007 he'll you can barley work on them yourself anymore!!

welldigger00

Reaction score
Sadly we are excepting the fact a suv is $100000.
Whats the real build cost? $15000 worth of material and labor?
The rest is profit by manufacturer and dealer?
Think about it...100k for a suv thats worth 35k in 5 years.
People making 100k a year buying 100k suvs.
Its really not a good thing.
Im guilty of over priced vehicles.

But a GM product at 100k and they sell. Crazy times

I hear you loud and clear. My stupid house I live in probably cost 50k when it was built. Now you can’t find one like it under 500k. But wages haven’t gone up that much since 1978. Everything is out of control expensive! Where is the money going!? Oh yeah I know.... the government.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
We’ve been lucking out with our resale values. Makes the next purchase more affordable.

Ali’s S2000 retained almost what we paid for it and the 2015 Denali Dually DMax held an astounding resale value.

Shocked how Dmaxs hold their resale. Damn near just judged on condition like old jeeps used to be.

Then, ya hold out for the best price you can get.
Buying with the idea you’re going to sell it one day helps.

Don’t say fuck the future, the future fucks you.

RandyH

Huge Member
Reaction score
My wifes acura MDX has push button shifting. its hard to go back and forth between shift and pushbutton. Maybe this will make it easier. I will say that my 2018 10 speed is as smooth as silk. And the 6.2 is music to my ears. I see dual exhaust in the photos. Hopefully its real.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
I thought the big news with these GM/Chevy beasts is their independent rear suspension and the ride

Taboma

Reaction score
I hope the seats are different from the truck seats - I sat in a Denali pickup at the car show and the seats were hard and flat. That’s a deal breaker for me.

Bravo, my sentiments exactly after doing seat testing at the San Diego Auto Show.
As much as the young and robust ( Some of you are borderline fucking giants :eek::eek: :p) won't grasp this, us old skinny-assed jaybirds put heavy purchasing consideration on what makes our ass cheeks happy, certainly much more so than what brand or style is going to get me laid, LOL :rolleyes: :D

The Yukon Denalis had wonderfully comfortable seat designs, proper padding and the leather felt luxurious. I rated those seats at least an 8+ out of 10.
Moved to a GMC Sierra Denali, seats weren't comfortable, hard as hell and materials felt cheap :mad: --- WTF is with that ??? Rating 5 out of 10 if that.
Dodge truck seats sucked.
I like the seats in my Raptor, I'd rank them a 7 out of 10.
My Show favorite and I re-tested my comparison yesterday on a lot was the Caddy CT6 Premium edition --- God Damn, those seats were to die for --- 9+ out of 10, at least.
Yesterday on a lot I fell in love --- at my age what I consider best of both worlds, a new Caddy CT6 V ---- fucking sweet !!! Seats were still awesome and who doesn't enjoy 550 HP in a big comfy car. :) BUT, I'm not dead YET, so for $ 100K, I'll hold out for a new C8 Vette that will piss my ass off, but the shit-eaten grin will be worth it. :D

Did not try the seats in a new Escalade, hopefully even better than the Yukon Denali ??

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Bravo, my sentiments exactly after doing seat testing at the San Diego Auto Show.
As much as the young and robust ( Some of you are borderline fucking giants :eek::eek: :p) won't grasp this, us old skinny-assed jaybirds put heavy purchasing consideration on what makes our ass cheeks happy, certainly much more so than what brand or style is going to get me laid, LOL :rolleyes: :D

The Yukon Denalis had wonderfully comfortable seat designs, proper padding and the leather felt luxurious. I rated those seats at least an 8+ out of 10.
Moved to a GMC Sierra Denali, seats weren't comfortable, hard as hell and materials felt cheap :mad: --- WTF is with that ??? Rating 5 out of 10 if that.
Dodge truck seats sucked.
I like the seats in my Raptor, I'd rank them a 7 out of 10.
My Show favorite and I re-tested my comparison yesterday on a lot was the Caddy CT6 Premium edition --- God Damn, those seats were to die for --- 9+ out of 10, at least.
Yesterday on a lot I fell in love --- at my age what I consider best of both worlds, a new Caddy CT6 V ---- fucking sweet !!! Seats were still awesome and who doesn't enjoy 550 HP in a big comfy car. :) BUT, I'm not dead YET, so for $ 100K, I'll hold out for a new C8 Vette that will piss my ass off, but the shit-eaten grin will be worth it. :D

Did not try the seats in a new Escalade, hopefully even better than the Yukon Denali ??
GM guy? The seats in the Navigator and Aviator are pretty damn sweet.

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
The best seats I’ve had in vehicles I’ve owned were: the seats in my 99 Silverado - they were comfy and had adjustable bolsters on the seatback and the seat, as well as a movable lumbar that actually worked. The others were in my wife’s 2006 BMW 550i. Those seats were so multi-adjustable it took you 20 minutes to go through all the adjustments, but when you got it, it was almost orgasmic.

Tank

Reaction score
It's rare I immediately like a new body style / grille change but that thing is good looking. Now, the 2021 chevy 3500 is HIDEOUS looking!!

Threw up a little in my mouth when I saw the commercial for this.

2020-chevrolet-silverado-3500hd-1560437640.jpg

Cdog

Reaction score
It's rare I immediately like a new body style / grille change but that thing is good looking. Now, the 2021 chevy 3500 is HIDEOUS looking!!

Threw up a little in my mouth when I saw the commercial for this.

View attachment 834524

I met a guy recently who owns a diesel shop specializing in duramax's here in AZ. He says he likes the new look on the Chevys. Took all I had to not be condescending and laugh at him.

Taboma

Reaction score
GM guy? The seats in the Navigator and Aviator are pretty damn sweet.
GM Guy ? Nope, although I've owned my share.

My 07' GMC Sierra Denali had pretty nice seats as did my 12' F150 Platinum, I prefer the seats in my 18' Raptor to them both, but not by any large margin.
In 04' I refused to purchase a new F150 Lariat because the seat design flat sucked, ended up buying a friggin Nissan Titan :eek:

in 2010-ish I tried to purchase a Caddy CTS-V, absolutely hated the seats, regardless if they were the Recaros or standard buckets and later hated the ATS seats as well.
We bought my wife an Audi, one reason being the seats were so nice, much nicer and more comfy than her previous Lexus's she'd owned. Lexus now seems to be targeting 30 year old buyers and many of their buckets have extremely hard and sharp bolster edges that hurt like hell when you're exiting.

I suppose I should have noted that we were certainly impressed with the Lincoln Navigator and Aviator 30 way seats, although with somebody else's kids crawling over and behind us, we weren't able to really explore all the adjustments. I didn't find that little button within a button that controls the upper back area position very easy to use.

Mostly I was simply wondering why GMC designed the seats in the Yukon Denali so comfy and elegant, but didn't use them in the Denali trucks --- I have no need for a large SUV, I'm a truck guy.

Of course I also wonder why it is that PRP can make such a comfortable SxS seat, but Polaris and Can-Am seem incapable of it. My wife actually bruised the back of her leg exiting a new Can-Am RC on that hard, sharp seat edge and it turned her off completely to buying one. I've got quite a selection of factory RZR and now Wildcat XX seats stacking up in my garage :p

So no, not a GM guy, but for sure a "Seat Guy" :)