WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

"Put the knife down" graffic

2Driver

Reaction score
Damn. And anti gun folks and the media don’t understand when you empty a mag on a killer coming at you .

Im not a trained cop, but that guy should have never been able to get to that cop like that, and 2 cops to boot.

Lavey5150

Just one more
Reaction score
WTF was that those 2 cops got backed down by a schmuck w/ a f'ing knife, first cop almost shot his partner,first time, missed the head shot, and let the guy get back up and attack.he then proceeded to shoot the guy the right way in the cabeza, and almost takes his partners head off....that's bad copping.

buck35

Reaction score
Holy shit ! I'd be out buy a bigger gun. ALA Dirty Harry.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
What really should have happened is after the 3rd command of put down the knife. They should have tased him. If he didn’t go down from that. Then shoot him so he can’t get back up aka dead. The fact that the bad guy took control of the ground was not correct at all

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
Have to train. Also need a city council and command staff to realize you don’t give up ground. Uncle Scotty has it right.
No need to leave cover on this one.

Wondered about that , cant be an effective defense when backing up ?

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
They should have taken him down as soon as they were clear of the closest homes in the first intersection, before getting pushed down the hill onto the highway after it was very clear he was not going to surrender IMO....

After the 5th clear command to stop moving and put the knife down...they should have either tased him if available, or shot him dead.

Way too much risk taken on by the officers to try and save that dude's life. Applauded, but damn man, it was clear as a bell that dude was going to attack them.

He almost killed that officer after taking at least 10 shots....scary. .357/.44/.45 for protection IMO.

Last edited:

Dettom

Reaction score

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
He almost killed that officer after taking at least 10 shots....scary. .357/.44/.45 for protection IMO.

I watched a co-workers 9mm bounce off a car windshield the day this happened, I'm sticking with my .357.
shoreline riot burning.jpeg

brianwhiteboy

Professional Lurker
Reaction score
Gawd damn. I respect cops already back that garners a whole new level of respect right there.

Armchair quarterback all you want, but if he would’ve dropped him way earlier the cop might’ve thought he’d be the one on trial. Sad, but that’s the way some people (like criminal sympathizers & media) want it. Give the perp a million chances to give up and and put the cop in danger. I’m sure everyone agrees the guy should’ve been down much sooner, but you know the backlash that comes with that. Lose your job, friends, get crucified in the media, go into hiding etc.

God bless those brave men.

Danger Dave

Sarcastically Optimistic 😁
Reaction score
That was a shitty backdrop for shooting when he first got out of the car, lot of civilians in the background. Wonder if he had a shotgun in his car?

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
forget a 9mm, I'm sticking with a 357?

a 357 and a 9 shoot the same bullet (38 special too)! The difference is the amount of energy given to that bullet.

I am of the BIG fucking round, and I'm not concerned with speed camp. If someone is charging me, I want a 12g slug sent his way vs a 223. Maybe even an old smooth bore cannon.. Call me Jack Sparrow, but a 10lb ball at 60mph is going to take someone down (possibly out of their shoes on the way).

Spudsbud

Reaction score
What state ??
Cali?
woulda been completely different and alot shorter here in Chicago.
What piss poor liberal training those cops have to abide by.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
What state ??
Cali?

No Ca
Although we had something close

Every Ca. Cop with over 10 years on would have ended this within 30 seconds

Younger Cops, not so much
Times have changed for the worse.

Yellowboat

Reaction score
They retreated a long way. The guy clearly was out of it/ sucide by cop.

This is why i carry a 1911 in 45 or my delta in 10.

dribble

Reaction score
What state ??
Cali?

That's totally false. All they tried to do was save this guy's life. It almost cost them theirs.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
What a debacle. Seems like a taser early on could have solved the problem instead of walking backwards 500 yards.

Essexive G's

Reaction score
The guy took what, 6 shots and he got up and bum rushed the cop, and we are calling for a taser?

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
What a debacle. Seems like a taser early on could have solved the problem instead of walking backwards 500 yards.
Legit question, not bait, , have you ever fired a gun?

I would bet that cop resigns, he almost killed himself.

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
this is why I use Winchester Ranger (aka Talon) in my 45
45 hp.jpg

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
At first I thought the officer was executing a tactical move to get clear of the background structures.
Then it became clear the dude was backing him down at will.
As soon as they were clear of potential stray round accident I figured they’d stop. But they just kept right on going.
Nice Rambo move at the end by officer #2 though.

Cdog

Reaction score
That was just dumb. Office already on the scene. Cop should have grabbed a shot gun. He almost swept the officer to the right of him while firing as the perp ran to the right.

Interesting they allow a goatee facial hair in this department. Must be a city cop. MCSO doesn't allow goatees.

LazyLavey

Reaction score
Terrible situation for sure..

I've learned never pass judgment until you've been there....

even 30 years ago, a huge part of LEO training involved personal liability. "am I gonna get sued if I shoot this guy, is the department gonna stand by me, am I compliant with department policy, will I get fired" etc, etc

Coppers now days are now more than ever subjected to questioning their actions in fear of some negative repercussions

Thank you! to the lib media and activists... "why couldn't he just shoot the knife out of his hand"?

Last edited:

BONER

Reaction score
And this is why you empty your Magazine in a Self Defense Situation. If you think a Crackhead is going down with a single 9mm, you're wrong.

sirbob

Reaction score
They retreated a long way. The guy clearly was out of it/ sucide by cop.

This is why i carry a 1911 in 45 or my delta in 10.

That cop jumped out of his car way too quickly and found himself way over his head with somebody who was trying as hard as they could to die right there.

No doubt about it that was suicide by cop - A better prepared (trained) cop might have saved himself a lot of grief (no pun intended)

rush1

Reaction score
God Damn thats hard to watch :mad::mad:
Those poor cops were screwed no mater what

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
This happened a while ago. I saw this video 6 months to a year ago. I couldn't believe the officer backed up as much as he did (or backed up at all). it's a shitty deal.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

floatn turd

Reaction score
  • He Fu*cked up!
  • Got lucky.
  • Changed his Huggies!
  • And probably learned or maybe remembered a valuable lesson from his Academy days regarding people wielding knives.

FT

Shrub Lurker

Reaction score
Google “Dylan Noble Fresno Pd”, on YouTube. This kids parents got an ass load of money for this and this boy was not a minor.

almost four years ago and there are still “Justice for Dylan” stickers hung crooked running around town on his buddies beaters.

sorry I can’t link

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
To armchair quarterback here, dont back up, give him his warning to drop the knife, if not he’ll get tazed. If the taser doesn’t take him down the other officer can take him out.

I understand that in today’s climate the cop is always wrong, but the knife guy put himself and the officers in that situation and the cops had to react accordingly. The cops gave him way too may opportunities to comply.