WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The grey m35 that crashed at desert storm for sale

Rotten deal

Reaction score
I think so . I was right behind when it happened. Looks same to me and would explain the damage.

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
Yeah nope she's been out in the elements for a while to boot

sirbob

Reaction score
He made quite a scene with law suites didn’t he? I wonder what happened with those.

Singleton

Reaction score
He made quite a scene with law suites didn’t he? I wonder what happened with those.

got dismissed and the idiot refiled when I last asked Tony about them 3-4 years ago
I think the last set, got dismissed as well

Last edited:

Swain

Reaction score
Pretty sure the one that flipped had Teague power and is for sale at Maxed out,I think

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
Lets start to talk about solutions. There is one possible guy I know of you guys should check out in Upstate NY that has a pretty cool shop. Young guy by the name of Phil Hess. Upstate Powerboats - the boating season there is literally only 6 weeks - completely random place for a high performance salvage reconstruction outfit. He is working on the Skater that flipped at Cumberland a few years ago right now. His projects are unreal. At anyrate he would be one of the people that I would take this project to in order to bring back to life. His page on Instagram documents his work.

Tank

Reaction score
And Nashville Katz...
Lickity Split is sitting in a warehouse I heard.

Nashville Katz was completely destroyed and cut up. As was Flash Gordon, the turbine Eliminator it hit.

Lets start to talk about solutions. There is one possible guy I know of you guys should check out in Upstate NY that has a pretty cool shop. Young guy by the name of Phil Hess. Upstate Powerboats - the boating season there is literally only 6 weeks - completely random place for a high performance salvage reconstruction outfit. He is working on the Skater that flipped at Cumberland a few years ago right now. His projects are unreal. At anyrate he would be one of the people that I would take this project to in order to bring back to life. His page on Instagram documents his work.

You talking about the "Pammy" Skater that rolled in 04 on Cumberland or the Smith powered 40 Skater that rolled in 07? Both fatal crashes. All sad.

NashCatz.JPG

NashvCatz%20%28Small%29.jpg

cumberland_crash1.jpg

Pammy Skater.JPG

Groper

Reaction score
The new owner if any should name the Bote "Stress Crack" or "Stress Kracks" :rolleyes:

Deckin Around

Reaction score
Add..."Selling everything for $197,000.00. Call Louis with Taylor Boats Custom Fiberglass Repair"

To me, if a fiberglass repair place is selling a boat that needs fiberglass repair,... RED FLAG!!

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
Wonder if owner even knows what happened to it or just bought it from insurance thinking they could flip it. Again.

SLT Kota

Reaction score
@Tank Phill bought Jeff's green 40 with Smith power. Apparently he has both Brad and Jeff's sons involved with the rebuild.

He also had the outerlimits cat that blew over sitting at his shop for a while for a quote but I'm not sure if he got that job.

Last edited:
Reactions: SJP

Tank

Reaction score
@Tank Phill bought Jeff's green 40 with Smith power. Apparently he has both Brad and Jeff's sons involved with the rebuild.

He also had the outerlimits cat that blew over sitting at his shop for a while for a quote but I'm not sure if he got that job.

yeah I heard the sons were involved in the rebuild. Really sad deal. Do you know if one or both of them are keeping the boat?

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
Strange that they got rid of the graphics, to ironically make it look just like "Silver Lining" who they had the BS lawsuit with. Its sad, as this used to be my favorite looking boat of all time. When it first came out there wasn't anything as clean and simple as it in my mind.

dcb_m35_silver.jpg

SLT Kota

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, the grey M35 rollover was pretty soft as it bounced on its tail a few times before rolling. I'm honestly surprised that it hasn't been rebuilt by now. I always figured that it had been rebuilt and just resprayed a different color.

It looks like it would be an easy rebuild for someone that knew what they were doing if it could be picked up for the right price. Race teams rebuild boats after far worse roll overs all the time... and most of those happen in saltwater.

yeah I heard the sons were involved in the rebuild. Really sad deal. Do you know if one or both of them are keeping the boat?

Phil says he is keeping it as his "personal boat" and that it isn't for sale but he usually sells his personal boats after a few years when another opportunity comes along.

I think having the sons involved is a good idea, Brad's son who is now a painter might help him spray it. The renderings that he has released have all had green/orange as accent colors to pay homage to Brad and Jeff.

Tank

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, the grey M35 rollover was pretty soft as it bounced on its tail a few times before rolling. I'm honestly surprised that it hasn't been rebuilt by now. I always figured that it had been rebuilt and just resprayed a different color.

It looks like it would be an easy rebuild for someone that knew what they were doing if it could be picked up for the right price. Race teams rebuild boats after far worse roll overs all the time... and most of those happen in saltwater.

I'm guessing the dude that has it and purchased it got a smokin' deal, thought it would be easy but got in over his head (not a performance guy). It would've been a very easy fix for someone with the knowledge I'm thinking. Didn't look like there was much to any damage when it was pulled out of the water. Like you said, it was an easy roll like the orange one. Motors shouldve been pickled, new interior / electronics, dried out and run. But it looks like someone let it sit and put it over the "easy fix" stage. Whether it was the current owner or it sat in a yard via insurance prior to the current owner buying it...Sitting out basically pushed it to the next level of cluster f*ck of a repair.

Shit, he almost pulled it off without a full roll.

Tank

Reaction score
Maybe it’s just me but aren’t the engine and drives worth 150-200k?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's optimistic.....Motors "gone through"? WTF does that mean? Were they pickled right away? Or do the have rust internally? Were they completely rebuilt? They don't exactly scream "well cared for" from the pics. In comparison, there's a set of Sterling 1450's with crash boxes for sale right now for 70k for both and they're fresh. Set of 1400 GT's w/20hrs for 55k. There's also no mention of if the drives were gone through. The dry 6's with gimbals and trans are worth 50k all day I would presume. Set of dry sump 6's with out gimbals and trans go for about 30k.

Tank

Reaction score
I'm sure there is a great RDP backstory to this?
Pic of it being pulled out of the water posted, cockpit is still full of water and boat is mostly submerged and right there standing out like a sore thumb is a RDP hat. It was...funny but not funny. Lots of comments about it followed that were pretty funny though.

RVRKID

Reaction score
I thought I might have that picture saved but couldn't find it, only have this pic saved
DCB FLIP.jpg

Mcob25rg

Reaction score
You won't get right, if you start that project at anything NEAR $197. I've seen this done before, and most don't realize how much it takes to make it right, just like they don't realize how much it takes to make it in the first place. If that was a good number, DCB wouldv'e probably brought it back, and got it straight just to avoid to shitstorm around it now.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Those don't look to be Mercruiser/Mercury motors as stated in the ad, pretty sure they are Teagues.

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
Who was this guy suing? Was he trying to blame the crash on someone else?
theres another video I remember seeing the accident more clearly, but another boat (I think it was silver lining maybe?) basically cut in front of him and he went thru his rooster tail which caused him to go airborne. LOTS of other factors but that’s as the gist of it from what I remember

socal0487

Reaction score
Those don't look to be Mercruiser/Mercury motors as stated in the ad, pretty sure they are Teagues.

theres a Teague sticker on the starboard engine hatch in the last picture you posted.

RVRKID

Reaction score
theres another video I remember seeing the accident more clearly, but another boat (I think it was silver lining maybe?) basically cut in front of him and he went thru his rooster tail which caused him to go airborne. LOTS of other factors but that’s as the gist of it from what I remember

From watching the video and remembering the original thread, I think he could have pulled back the sticks and not went over. looks like they both cut off the guy between them also but he slowed down to avoid it.

Mototrig

Reaction score
Nashville Katz was completely destroyed and cut up. As was Flash Gordon, the turbine Eliminator it hit.
Did they ever determine the cause of this one? I followed it for about a year but never heard the outcome. The last I read Gordon's boat had abruptly veered into Nashville as they were passing from opposing directions. Possibly a broken drive caused the Flash to veer?

rrrr

Reaction score
Did they ever determine the cause of this one? I followed it for about a year but never heard the outcome. The last I read Gordon's boat had abruptly veered into Nashville as they were passing from opposing directions. Possibly a broken drive caused the Flash to veer?

It was a single turbine boat.

Steering failure was suspected. I don't remember if it was proven. I have some post-crash photos that I won't be sharing.

That was the last poker run on Texoma.