WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Supercross 2020!

overdue

STARTING OVER
Reaction score
I don't believe that will ever be the case. Riders can't learn the skills needed for SX anywhere but outside. None of the guys riding last night grew up racing inside stadiums. Even the arenacross guys started outdoors.

im not talking amateur level , in a couple years they will add more rounds indoor and eliminate the outdoor series or having less rounds .. i hope its not true tho

Last edited:

HBCraig

Reaction score
im not talking amateur level , in a couple years they will add more rounds indoor and eliminate the outdoor series or having less rounds .. i hope its not true tho

Hopefully not. That is the truest test of your all around skills. Tomac does well on shitty, torn up tracks because he is so good outdoor. Groomed and manicured tracks..... not so much.

It's good to see these guys get tested outdoor

PlumLoco

Vintage Jawa CZ motorcycles
Reaction score
@overdue What is the motivation to eliminate outdoor MX? I live and race in so Cal because we have so many options, but tracks open and close all the time. How many motorsports are there where can you buy such similar equipment to what the Pros race? Amateur MX working towards pro is alive and well.

overdue

STARTING OVER
Reaction score
Hopefully not. That is the truest test of your all around skills. Tomac does well on shitty, torn up tracks because he is so good outdoor. Groomed and manicured tracks..... not so much.

It's good to see these guys get tested outdoor

thats why the Europeans are so good outdoors , sandy rutted muddy torn up tracks , thats all they know .

overdue

STARTING OVER
Reaction score
@overdue What is the motivation to eliminate outdoor MX? I live and race in so Cal because we have so many options, but tracks open and close all the time. How many motorsports are there where can you buy such similar equipment to what the Pros race? Amateur MX working towards pro is alive and well.
Did not say amateur MX is going anywhere, when we raced and traveled all over the US to every big national the gates were full ,
the motivation to limit or eliminate outdoors is all about the $$$$$ , AMA makes more money from supercross then motorcross , TV time , tickets , parking , sponsors , ect
its a business ,

PlumLoco

Reaction score
Sorry but I just don't see that happening. They don't overlap or interfere with one another, and they both make money for everyone involved.

overdue

STARTING OVER
Reaction score
Sorry but I just don't see that happening. They don't overlap or interfere with one another, and they both make money for everyone involved.
thats just the talk in the pits ,,,, only time will tell
FYI im a purest , im pissed about the thought also

BONER

Reaction score
enjoy the outdoor while you can , it will be gone soon and more rounds of indoors , its all about the $$$$$

Word. Racing is a Business. All about that Paper.

BONER

Reaction score
Last nights race was a good one. Tomac was such a let down. He rarely gets a good start but he manages to charge to the front. Maybe something happened to the bike or he’s just not hungry enough. Hope that’s not the case.

Same. I'm a huge ET3 Fan but keep getting disappointed. And you're right, he can't get a Start to save his Life!

BONER

Reaction score
I liked the announcer combo. Leigh Diffey does a great job and is the premier motor sports voice guy in the US.
My two cents...

Good race last night!

I'm a a big Diffey Fan too. But I grew up Road Racing, so I'm a little Bias. :)

riverroyal

Reaction score
Sheheen is horrible. Last nights announcers sucked also, but better than sheheen.
Bad camera work. Shitty commentating. Its supercross season!
David Bailey and Grant Langston should be doing the talk.

Im starting to dislike forkner. Something arrogant about him i just dont like

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Sheheen is horrible. Last nights announcers sucked also, but better than sheheen.
Bad camera work. Shitty commentating. Its supercross season!
David Bailey and Grant Langston should be doing the talk.

Im starting to dislike forkner. Something arrogant about him i just dont like
Whatever happen to Emig?

riverroyal

Reaction score
Claimed he wanted to spend more time with family. Retired.
Im not sure though, it was right at the same time nbc picked it up from fox.
Emig was good. He knows everyone and the industry.
Sheheen has NO clue. They need a former racer at the mic, sounds like thats not happening

Meaney77

Reaction score
I respectfully disagree with the commentary feedback- Emig and Carmichael do a great job talking the technical stuff while Sheehan may not be the tech guy he is a more polished speaker of the group and thats why I think the 3 of them work well together and provide a good commentary during the race.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
ET3 always sucks the first 3-4 races of the season. Then he finds his stride and takes off. Hence why he can’t win a championship. First set of races kill him

BONER

Reaction score
ET3 always sucks the first 3-4 races of the season. Then he finds his stride and takes off. Hence why he can’t win a championship. First set of races kill him

Kinda sounds like a typical Race of his too. Shitty start and has to power through the Field.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
Barcia rode incredible. Isn't it amazing just how fast he was riding? The guy was on fire, and they say those YZ's don't turn well, lol. The usual suspect have got to be worried about AC, that kid rides so good.

AEA

Reaction score
I hope Tomac can get himself going. Other than him, anybody but Webb, something about him just grates on me.

thmterry

Reaction score
Looks like Forkner did get penalized.
Forkner crossed the finish in third, but the decision really did come from up above, as race officials penalized Forkner two spots. He now is officially listed as fifth, with GEICO Honda's Christian Craig moving from fourth to third, and Rockstar Energy Husqvarna's Michael Mosiman credited with fourth.

smilemaker

Reaction score
Super Cross wants to be recognized as a big league sporting event, then hire some decent on air commentators. They all suck. Emig and RC sound like they dropped out of school in the 4th grade! I don't follow road racing so the Aussie was a shock to my ears, but I got used to him. He at least can speak proper English.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
The girl Will C has got to go. She annoys me to no end. The Aussie was alright but not great either

attitude

Reaction score
I alway love when they say “Joe Blow crashed really hard, let’s go to their pit and talk to them” like that’s what any of the riders want lol

EmpirE231

Reaction score
It was cool to see Ciancarillo (sp?) come in and run with them right off the bat. No rookies last year did that.

he also gets to train with Roczen and Tomac, so that has to be majorly beneficial to him.

FCT

Reaction score
thats just the talk in the pits ,,,, only time will tell
FYI im a purest , im pissed about the thought also
That’s been the talk for a long time now. Still hasn’t changed.....

FreeBird236

Reaction score
I don't hate it but I understand what you mean. I like to see the bikes stretch their legs and carry speed too. Just a different Race. Lots of timing, rhythm, and Bike setup.

If you want that speed fix, watch the Outdoor stuff. 4th / 5th Gear, tapped alot.
I watch both and probably do prefer the outdoor series, but I still like indoor. It's just some tracks are so tight, if you get a bad start, pretty hard to make up time, no speed areas.

Meaney77

Reaction score
Any predictions for tonight?

Roczen looking fast so far...

Am I the only one who can’t stand Friese?

PlumLoco

Reaction score
Does anyone have a link to watch a livestream online? No TV in this house now going on 15 years.

BONER

Reaction score
That's the KROC I've been waiting for. Great Performance. Good to see him back on top of the Box. Pumped for him.

Meaney77

Reaction score
Any ideas what happened to Reed? Assuming he crashed or bike issues- he didn’t finish the race. Nothin posted from him or his wife on IG either.

terrax2

Reaction score
Did not say amateur MX is going anywhere, when we raced and traveled all over the US to every big national the gates were full ,
the motivation to limit or eliminate outdoors is all about the $$$$$ , AMA makes more money from supercross then motorcross , TV time , tickets , parking , sponsors , ect
its a business ,
The AMA has nothing to do with this. As someone who deals with the AMA I can tell you that they are in the business of selling sanctions and memberships. At least that's what they are constantly telling me. If anything the AMA sells more sanctions and memberships through the outdoor circuit then the indoor. Supercross and outdoors are owned and operated by 2 different promoters. Supercross (Feld) and outdoors (MX Sports). Unfortunately these 2 promoters dont always see eye to eye and that's where some of the turmoil comes into play. If the top rider's had a choice they would only do SX. Short sprints often times in a climate controlled environment vs 2 grueling 30 minute motos in whatever god throws at them. Outdoors is not going anywhere anytime soon though. It's the heartbeat of the sport and big money still in it. I would bet that an outdoors weekend event grosses more then a SX weekend.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

EmpirE231

Reaction score
Any predictions for tonight?

Roczen looking fast so far...

Am I the only one who can’t stand Friese?

Hoping Roczen takes it again tonight! but Ciancarillo has proven he's good in the triple crown format

Friese should retire and start a "starting clinic" .... he would probably make more money than racing. Gotta give it to him, he does get great starts lol

Meaney77

Reaction score
Hoping Roczen takes it again tonight! but Ciancarillo has proven he's good in the triple crown format

Friese should retire and start a "starting clinic" .... he would probably make more money than racing. Gotta give it to him, he does get great starts lol

He does get great hole shots I will give him that but he seems to ride dirty and is a bit of a loud mouth. Always seems to blame everyone else, just something about the guy that I cant stand.

GETBOATS

Reaction score
He does get great hole shots I will give him that but he seems to ride dirty and is a bit of a loud mouth. Always seems to blame everyone else, just something about the guy that I cant stand.

He's always had a chip on his shoulder from my experience, back in 2011 my youngest, then an intermediate rode Pala 2-3 times a week, as I recall Thursdays you had a good chance to ride when the pro's were there. Late that afternoon, putting in laps he pulled up on Freise, not liking that this "kid" was pushing him, he took off. 5 Laps later, Friese still could not shake this kid, so he exited the track, came back on one turn later and t-boned my son, they both stayed up, no injury, just traded some plastic. Sure he's grown up since then. The guy sure can start. Didn't Mike Alessi ride for that team at one point?

overdue

STARTING OVER
Reaction score
He's always had a chip on his shoulder from my experience, back in 2011 my youngest, then an intermediate rode Pala 2-3 times a week, as I recall Thursdays you had a good chance to ride when the pro's were there. Late that afternoon, putting in laps he pulled up on Freise, not liking that this "kid" was pushing him, he took off. 5 Laps later, Friese still could not shake this kid, so he exited the track, came back on one turn later and t-boned my son, they both stayed up, no injury, just traded some plastic. Sure he's grown up since then. The guy sure can start. Didn't Mike Alessi ride for that team at one point?

yes he rides for Daddy Alessi ,,,,, so you can see who trained him ,,,,, it was great seeing Peick beat on him in 2016

yz450mm

Reaction score
I watched the whole Alessi program go from Minis to the big show, God what a shitshow. It's pretty commonly known that mini dads are crazy, but he took it to the whole next level. Did it ever work out for them? Sure seems to me that it didn't.

Meanwhile, the real pros were out shredding the track on Wednesdays and Thursdays, which was always a pleasure to be there to water the track and groom it in between their motos.

Travis told me to build a lip for him for a commercial shoot, and I did. It wasn't quite right for him, so I told him to hop in the Cat and make it right, which he also did. I was also the EMT, thank God he didn't break his neck that day.

The Stewarts were nice. Quiet and reserved, but nice. The brothers always had a quiet competition going on.

Rodger Decoster was nice enough, but all business most of the time.

Quite a few times I was the only one present during their track time, and I was instructed to do whatever they wanted. I had a dozer, loader, skid steer, water truck, and Ag tractor at my disposal, and whatever the pro teams wanted, they got.

The Supercross tracks are insane, it's either go or no-go. Looking at it from the stands doesn't justify how steep the faces are, or how bad it would suck to come up short.

I drove by Competitive Edge the other day, the tower is boarded up and the track is growing weeds. God, what a damn shame.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
View attachment 835696
View attachment 835697

Last edited:

BONER

Reaction score
If I was Christian Craig I would've gone to Ferrandis' Hauler, and punched him square in the Nose. Frenchy Douchebag.

BONER

Reaction score
Something similar happened like that in the NHRA and didn’t work out so well. But I do agree with you!

I'm all about banging bars but cleaning somebody out is whack. What a Dick.

Craig might ne hurt from that too. Dumb!

Meaney77

Reaction score
What a great 250 main!!! Havent seen a race like that in awhile.

I felt really bad to see Jett Lawrence wad up like he did-and seeing how frustrated he was as they took him off the track was even worse.

Totally agree, the Frenchie was riding dirty but I am sure Craig or someone will be put in his place soon!

We were at the race and in all of the years I have gone to a race at Anaheim I dont think I have ever heard anyone get Booooed like the Frenchie did, it was pretty crazy how loud it was, really hard to hear it on TV when I watched the race again last night.

Meaney77

Reaction score
We had a great time at A2 and this guy made my girls/wifes night!
Chad Reed #22 is a pretty awesome guy and he will be missed in the sport. He saw my girls outside and came over to chat, sign and take pictures with them. We were pretty stoked to see him race his final race in Anaheim.

IMG_0684.JPEG

IMG_0687.JPEG
IMG_0688.JPEG
IMG_0689.JPEG
IMG_0690.JPEG
IMG_0692.JPEG
IMG_0694.JPEG

grumpy88

Reaction score
What's the deal with tail gating at the Vegas race ? Can you camp over night or do they kick you out ? Can you even bring a truck and trailer to tailgate ? First year going there in a few months ? Thanks