WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The grey m35 that crashed at desert storm for sale

Tank

Reaction score
Did they ever determine the cause of this one? I followed it for about a year but never heard the outcome. The last I read Gordon's boat had abruptly veered into Nashville as they were passing from opposing directions. Possibly a broken drive caused the Flash to veer?

pretty sure they determined there was a steering failure in Gordon that caused the veer into Nashville Katz. Killed 2 on Gordon and 3 on Katz including the owner of Katz’ wife. The owner, Bruce Gibson, was the only survivor. He tried to recover and move on with his life. Even got back into boating for a bit after buying a skater Vee with big power. But He struggled for years with survivors guilt and ended up taking his own life a few years ago. Very sad deal.

rrrr

Reaction score
I hadn't heard about that. What a sad outcome all around.

575cat

Reaction score
pretty sure they determined there was a steering failure in Gordon that caused the veer into Nashville Katz. Killed 2 on Gordon and 3 on Katz including the owner of Katz’ wife. The owner, Bruce Gibson, was the only survivor. He tried to recover and move on with his life. Even got back into boating for a bit after buying a skater Vee with big power. But He struggled for years with survivors guilt and ended up taking his own life a few years ago. Very sad deal.
I thought there was 4 on Gordon,s boat killed , he his wife and son & doughter inlaw or son inlaw and daughter , Bruce,s 399 Skater V was wicked sum bitch [google the you tube vid LOTO beautifull boat ] Eddie Young built the engines for it and the Katz As well Eddie alway,s ran the Skater in the loto shootouts till Bruce sold it . Bruce was an electrical contracter and still had a son yet at the time he shot himself . On one of the runs @LOTO the Bruce,s Skater Eddie was running blew a pickup hose and was taking on water big time and through the dry sump belt off Eddie got off the course I pulled up with my 42 swam over crawled in with the hatches opened Eddie could not get his arm down to get at it I managed to get wiggled in there to get it back on , anyways .

Tank

Reaction score
I thought there was 4 on Gordon,s boat killed , he his wife and son & doughter inlaw or son inlaw and daughter , Bruce,s 399 Skater V was wicked sum bitch [google the you tube vid LOTO beautifull boat ] Eddie Young built the engines for it and the Katz As well Eddie alway,s ran the Skater in the loto shootouts till Bruce sold it . Bruce was an electrical contracter and still had a son yet at the time he shot himself . On one of the runs @LOTO the Bruce,s Skater Eddie was running blew a pickup hose and was taking on water big time and through the dry sump belt off Eddie got off the course I pulled up with my 42 swam over crawled in with the hatches opened Eddie could not get his arm down to get at it I managed to get wiggled in there to get it back on , anyways .
Sorry yes you’re right. 4 on flash only Bruce and his wife in Katz.

I saw the skater a couple times. It was bad ass. So was the matching F650 he towed it with. He did a couple dessert storm runs with it. He was a good guy. Both he and his wife Myra were good people.

Mototrig

Reaction score
It was a single turbine boat.

Steering failure was suspected. I don't remember if it was proven. I have some post-crash photos that I won't be sharing.

That was the last poker run on Texoma.

No.....I agree not to show the photos. It was a sad deal

Mototrig

Reaction score
That's a sad deal. I was hoping for a bit of a better outcome, not sure what that could have been considering the circumstances.

KingofBeers

Reaction score
What happened to the people in the DCB in question? They get tossed out?

hallett21

Reaction score
They were fine. Bumps and bruises from what I heard.

You could be in it right for 100k.

Wasn’t there a back story/ rumor that the guy who rolled it was on a “test drive” or something and didn’t actually own the boat yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

El Guapo

HAVING FUN
Reaction score
Pretty sure the one that flipped had Teague power and is for sale at Maxed out,I think

No, No, No! the Silver M35 at MaxedOut is Not said boat in this thread. This boat "prop washed over." Please keep in mind this DCB did not "Blow over," this was a driver mistake.
Maxedout has a much nicer M35 with bigger power available for sale.
This situation sucks for all involved. The original owner made a mess of the situation IMO. He is lucky to be above ground, he should thank DCB for a well built boat that withstood the Prop wash over he created.
Never cross another big boats prop wash! Poker runs are not a race....................................

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
No, No, No! the Silver M35 at MaxedOut is Not said boat in this thread. This boat "prop washed over." Please keep in mind this DCB did not "Blow over," this was a driver mistake.
This situation sucks for all involved. The original owner made a mess of the situation IMO. He is lucky to be above ground, he should thank DCB for a well built boat that withstood the Prop wash over he created.
Never cross another big boats prop wash! Poker runs are not a race....................................

Very, very well said. Thank you

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
No matter what the price, the bad juju would haunt me.

I could never own something like that. :oops:

Wouldn't even want to see it on the water.

Just seems irreverent to me, but what do I know.
This^^^

My friends died in a Skater and I hope to never see the boat again.

McKay

Reaction score

Correct. That is Tres Martin school 101. Never cross prop wash like the video shows.

Teague_JR

Reaction score
Wasn’t there a back story/ rumor that the guy who rolled it was on a “test drive” or something and didn’t actually own the boat yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Negative, the original owner was driving at the time of the incident.

This is the FIRST M35. It used to have satin black vinyl stripes with the DCB star. Not to be concerned with the one Maxed Out has, that was the (I think) third one, which was originally Rob Blair's boat (now owner/partner of DCB)

I was involved with the salvage of this boat. It is not damaged badly. Needs a windshield and engine hatches. As others have said you could be in it right for $100k

The crashed boat voodoo is no big deal. IMO, If there's no fatalities, its just a boat that got wet. After seeing so many raceboats and pleasure boats go whoopsie over time, its really not a big deal. Throw some different stripes on it, new interior, rock and roll.

JT

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Negative, the original owner was driving at the time of the incident.

This is the FIRST M35. It used to have satin black vinyl stripes with the DCB star. Not to be concerned with the one Maxed Out has, that was the (I think) third one, which was originally Rob Blair's boat (now owner/partner of DCB)

I was involved with the salvage of this boat. It is not damaged badly. Needs a windshield and engine hatches. As others have said you could be in it right for $100k

The crashed boat voodoo is no big deal. IMO, If there's no fatalities, its just a boat that got wet. After seeing so many raceboats and pleasure boats go whoopsie over time, its really not a big deal. Throw some different stripes on it, new interior, rock and roll.

JT

I saw the boat when it first came out of the water and it looked fine to me. Later the owner showed pics of the boat where there was stress cracks all down the sides of it.. I asked him if someone was pushing on it with a forklift or something because I didn't see any of that when I first saw it (granted I wasn't looking for it).

Either way it looks like fiberglass work has been done to the boat now? (not sure don't care)

RD

Mcob25rg

Reaction score
Here’s what I know. Just because you have money doesn’t mean you have the skills to support the toys your money can buy. Just because the boat is big doesn’t make it invincible. Just because the boat is wicked fast doesn’t mean it can be driven WOT at all times in all conditions. I’ve been lucky enough to know some great people that have allowed me the privilege of experiencing this type of fun, and I’ve been smart enough to decline offers when judgement determined risk was far greater than the reward. The accident was a combination of all the above listed factors. Fast fun is high risk - think about who you’re risking your life with.