WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

School me on Cabo...

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
I have been to cabo san lucas many times, but have never been to El Pescadero although I have heard great things

cofooter

Reaction score
We went to cabo over christmas. We use to go every year but haven't been for seven years or so. I was shocked at how crowded and busy it's become. We had a car so we drove up to the beaches up by todos santos a few day and to the east Cape a few days. Miles and miles of deserted beautiful beaches, never need to go back to cabo but will go back to visit either one of these places on Pacific side or stay on east cape.

hawgty55

Reaction score
Love it!
Fishing
Hospitality and customer service are top notch.
Sunset booz cruises
Snorkeling
Food especially the Chinese and Italian
Most people at the resorts are American our family and friends usually go once if not twice a year. It definitely helps to talk to someone who has been to setup your car rides and what not from the airport.
Take the family Downtown during the day and buy all the mexican suviners you can handle. We stay at the monte Cristo at Pueblo bonito resort it has several different places to stay at the resort for family to adult only locations.

WAAZ

Reaction score
Find “Uno Mas” best little pre-funk bar
Guarantee you’ll be back more than once.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Can you rent dirt bikes or quads down there? Is it affordable to do so?

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
So my friend is with her family and friends at this place, and the pics she are sending me look Awesome!!!

https://www.cerritossurftown.com/

Who's been??

Thanks!

That's far enough up the coast to not be worried about the surf, enjoy it since it's north of Todos Santos, no where near Cabo though.

If they get up the nerve to had down to Cabo, obviously hit up Mi Casa, Trailer Park etc, for eats. Nightlife in Cabo is similar to LA, always something new.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Can you rent dirt bikes or quads down there? Is it affordable to do so?

You can rent class 10 cars to run around, and tours with quads (junky but fun) where you get to do all the driving.

Downtown Cabo has multiple tours/events.

Look up and rent the "Risalina" day cruise to Angel Bay for a day excursion. Family owned snorkal tour, with all you can drink/lunch...super fun! We book them every time we go down!

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Sigh...

What part of School me on Cabo, did you guys not understand?? :p

I guess I shouldn't have posted that link...

My bad.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
You can rent class 10 cars to run around, and tours with quads (junky but fun) where you get to do all the driving.

Downtown Cabo has multiple tours/events.

Look up and rent the "Risalina" day cruise to Angel Bay for a day excursion. Family owned snorkal tour, with all you can drink/lunch...super fun! We book them every time we go down!

When do you Normally go? Seem like the decent weather and rates are in May?

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
When do you Normally go? Seem like the decent weather and rates are in May?

My Dad has several weeks in October. The expensive time just after Hurricane season lol. We go down and stay at his Penthouse on the beach at Cascadas.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Our place is on the pacific side. We like it because it’s a short walk down to the marina, and down the beach to the Arch.

Only drawback is you can’t swim on the beach. Heavy rip tides.

https://playagranderesort.solmar.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Me and my buddies stayed here in one of the presidential suites for our HS graduation. Definitely a trip to remember. I’m pretty sure we spent all our money at the bars and ate very little for the week. Good times.

OP It’s been a while, but Cabo was fun. Good bars downtown, and I remember a younger crowd. I enjoyed Cancun 100x more because there is a ton more to do.

28Eliminator

Reaction score
Sigh...

What part of School me on Cabo, did you guys not understand?? :p

I guess I shouldn't have posted that link...

My bad.

We’re not very good at following directions [emoji16].. especially late in the day when some level of alcohol is involved.

We make posts loosely related in content, relevant to key words in the original post[emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

riverroyal

Reaction score
Cabo is in mexico. My school still tells me nope.
Thats all i know

Sandlord

Reaction score
Cabo is beautiful, and there are lots of things to do.
especially if you are in to fishing, snorkeling, and drinking. and there is a little off roading.
But, lots of places smell like septic. And the locals are all trying to get in your wallet. Some by stealing it, most by trying to sell you something. The timeshare guys are hardcore sales folks.

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
Here's the places I've been and like. I've been to Cabo probably 7-8 times. I'm no expert but I return to all these spots.

Restaurants: Las Guacamayas, Misiones de Kino (Molcajetes. Don't Ask. Just order.), Mi Casa, Taco Loco, Bar Esquina, El Farralon (expensive but built into a cliff on the pacific side)

Bars: Monkey Business, Slim's Elbow Room, Mango Deck, Jungle Bar/Rips, Nowhere Bar, Happy Ending, Saloon (get the fire show)

Bar/Clubs: Cabo Wabo, Squid Roe

Activities: ATVs, Fishing is awesome, All you can drink snorkel/whale watching (on a boat, not whale watching at bars), sunset cruise

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
We have been in april, October and November all where amazing weather.

We have stayed at Villa Del Palmar a few times. Great place.

When we went this last November we took some friends and they wanted to do the all inclusive(which I was against as I like to eat at little holes in the wall) we ended up staying at the Riu and it turned out to be awesome. I have never done all inclusive and it took some getting used to not having to fork over $ every time we left the bar. They have several dinner restaurants through out the resort that all where decent food some better than others. All the pools have bars, most have swim up bars. Full bar in your room. Honestly the all inclusive saved me a ton of $ for the 14days we where there. They have live shows nightly and all sorts of daily entertainment. Pool volleyball, polo, water aerobics all which includes some sort of drinking game or another at the end. The nightly shows are cool. With live music and dancing after the shows all out in the court yard. Themed adult only pool parties every other night that where a blast. Super cool experience. And I even still made it to town to eat in some local places.

In the times we have been there we have done the glass bottom boats, parasailing, snorkeling, fishing a few times. All have been great. Caught a tune last april and had it cooked 3 ways at the marina when we got back to the harbor. I'm not a sushi guy and most of the time dont like it. They made us some tuna sashimi, took some convincing for me to even try, absolutely melt in your mouth amazing.

The wife loves silver and jewelry and can spend hours haggering with the beach vendors(never pay asking price) hell she even traded her flip flops and backpack for jewelry before we left and the guys where SUPER grateful, heck I had one wanting to trade about $50 worth of silver for my RDP hat just because it something they cant get there..lol as one of the beach vendors taught her years ago, bring a magnet to test for fake silver. Once you pull out the magnet the beach vendor relize your legit and have the upmost respect for you and start pulling some nice shit out from the underside of their case. Biggest thing is learn to say NO and you will say NO more in one week than you ever have in your life. But I kind of get a kick out of it. Again never pay asking price, if they dont seem to budge, walk away, they will chase you down later and you will get it for what you want to pay. Most people are annoyed by the vendors but we get a kick out of it.

AVOID THE TIMESHARE SHIT AT ALL COST NO MATTER WHAT THEY OFFER ITS A WASTE OF TIME!

Mango bar, the office, el squid row and several others are all good fun.

Walking around downtown and checking out all the chochki shops is a good way to waste a day but pretty entertaining and keeps the wife happy.

$25 - $30 for an hour full body massage on the beach it pretty badass too. Again dont fall for asking price. Pretty much anything you can get for half of what they ask.

All in all we always have a great trip. And a great time. We both caught marlin this last trip and it was amazing.

And for what its worth we have never felt unsafe or in fear of anything. Just be smart!!