WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Nashville in May

satellitemike

Reaction score
Making plans to visit Nashville and looking for the must see's and do's while we are there.
Also looking for recommendations on hotels in good proximity to downtown.
Only thing I know we want to do is the JD tour.

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
I’d like to know also. Was thinking about taking a trip end of March

DB / HAV

Reaction score
We stayed at the Hermitage Hotel on 6th street. The JD tour was great. Check out the Grand Ol Opry. Kid Rocks place was cool, he stopped in a sang a few songs. One of my favorite trips!!

hawgty55

Reaction score
Ill be following. My wife keeps on about taking a trip there. Think ill be going in August and will invite 3-4 couples to make a weekend out of it.

cheezpanel

Reaction score
Just got back a few weeks ago. My daughter is a manager at the Downtown Hilton...there's LOTS to do. It was my first time there, and Lynchburg was for sure on the list. We didn't end up doing the tour, but did spend some time in the Town Square right by the distillery and had lunch, shopped etc. Was very cool. We did hit Broadway, ate at Luke Bryan's place...it was packed. Woulda loved to see the Titans play the Saints, just didn't think about it til I saw all the fans from NO. There's a lot of stuff to check out. I ate so much damn spicy chicken though...
The best thing for me was the people...all very cool, nice, helpful, etc. Like a noticeable difference from southern Cal.
Enjoy

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
Went there last year. The Bobby is an awesome boutique hotel about a block and a half from Broadway. Sweet place!

Reactions: TPC

Outlaw Boat Transport

Reaction score
I stop there multiple times a year staying the night while transporting a boat. The hotels out by the old Opry are cheaper and an Uber to broadway is cheap. For you that enjoy old style country there is a bar called Third and Louise that on monday nights has roughly 12 guys who at one time played for the great names. they are called the time jumpers and sometimes vince gill sits in with them. You must go to the grand old opry call for tickets. best seats are only 90.00. I called two weeks in advance and got 3rd row center. Broadway is fun if you like to drink, RD would be in heaven here.

bigriver48

Aloha mr hand
Reaction score
Just went the first week of November , hit all the honky tonks, spent a lot of time at Nudie’s ,Layla’s and Legends Corner.
Hat some good bbq at Peg Leg Porker in The Gulch area , also had hot chicken at Hattie B’s which was super. Chicken biscuit w/ gravy at Biscuit Love in The Gulch as well. Rented a car and drove out to Lynchburg for the Jack Daniels tour and tasting. Stayed at the Renaissance Nashville on commerce and 5th. Just around the corner from Broadway .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ol Man

Reaction score
Take the hop on, hop off tour. Nice way to get to know the town. As always, some drivers are more entertaining than others.

pixrthis

Reaction score
Jack Daniels distillery is a must see, my wife even enjoyed it. Renting a boat on Old Hickory is cool if it’s warm and we had a great time at Shpwreck Cove at Elm Hill Marina on Percy lake. Bar hopping on Broadway was a lot of fun, we found ourselves staying out way later than we have in a long time. I think it’s impossible not to have a good time in Nashville.

LOBOATOMY

Reaction score
Don't forget the homemade candy store across the street from Kid Rocks! Unbelievable old fashion candy made on site and the Pralines are a must. The Chocolate Truffles also yummy.

Ricks raft

Reaction score
The hermitage plantation, general Jackson tour boat show/dinner, grand ol oprey, JD dist, all of downtown.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
I used to go to Nashville for business all the time. You can just travel around without a plan and have great time. There is so much to do and see it's an amazing town.....

Reactions: TPC

beerrun

Reaction score
Go check out maple motors in Hendersonville TN. You're welcome

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
We did the air bnb thing. Best meal was at a restaurant downtown called the southern. Skip the concrete Parthenon.... Honkey tonks are great yhe talent level is stupid. Check out the bluebird cafe lineup they normally have some of the best talent play there.

franklin has a pretty cool historic downtown with lots of civil war battlefields.

If its warm a boat on old hickory is a crap load of fun.

My advice is rent a car and explore. Brentwood is where all the mansions are. Lots of live music at the different marinas on the different lakes.

The operyland hotel is worth a check out to wander around in its impressive.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you're a Corvette person, it's not to far to drive to Bowling Green to see the museum and factory.