WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Bravo fs pro finish

Rbcconst

Reaction score
Anyone change from a standard bravo 1 prop to the bravo fs pro? Its supposed to create more bow lift with the shorter tube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Headless hula

I’ve found boating heaven in Florida!
Reaction score
Anyone change from a standard bravo 1 prop to the bravo fs pro? Its supposed to create more bow lift with the shorter tube.

Hope that helps.

I ran a standard bravo 1 and a bravo 1 FS back to back. Gained about 2 mph and a maybe 150 rpm with the FS. It was not the pro finish. Both were 26p. Slip #'s were better with the FS also.

Rbcconst

Reaction score
I ran a standard bravo 1 and a bravo 1 FS back to back. Gained about 2 mph and a maybe 150 rpm with the FS. It was not the pro finish. Both were 26p. Slip #'s were better with the FS also.

Thank you for the feedback. What did you run it on?
Did you notice the extra bow lift?
What does the pro finish consist of?
In a bravo i run a stock 24p. Would you run the same in the fs pro finish or step up to a 25?

I had sent some questions to merc about the max 5. They said they had not ran a max 5 with a 496 ho. They said the max 5 is an 80mph + prop and would likely be to much for the boat and then recommended the fs pro finish. I currently run a 5 blade from cutting edge. The performance is close to the bravo 1 but its a touch better in the mid range which was my goal. I think if I were to get a bit more bow lift that might also help my mid range as it would be riding on the pads correctly.

LOBOATOMY

Reaction score
I went from Bravo 1 to Rev 4 for the bow lift, I (my boat) like the Rev 4 much better and it carries the bow well and does not blow out, also good slip numbers.

Headless hula

Reaction score
Thank you for the feedback. What did you run it on?
Did you notice the extra bow lift?
What does the pro finish consist of?
In a bravo i run a stock 24p. Would you run the same in the fs pro finish or step up to a 25?

I had sent some questions to merc about the max 5. They said they had not ran a max 5 with a 496 ho. They said the max 5 is an 80mph + prop and would likely be to much for the boat and then recommended the fs pro finish. I currently run a 5 blade from cutting edge. The performance is close to the bravo 1 but its a touch better in the mid range which was my goal. I think if I were to get a bit more bow lift that might also help my mid range as it would be riding on the pads correctly.

I ran it on a SBC 20' baja. That little boat went 80 when I was done with it.

I've only ran 1 max 5, and that is on the kryptonite. The boat didn't like it at all, but that's a surfacing application also, which is a totally different animal than what were talking about here.

I tried a maximus on the little baja, but it was too much prop for that motor.

The shortened tube is what allowed more bow lift, and yes. I could tell the difference.

Headless hula

Reaction score
I went from Bravo 1 to Rev 4 for the bow lift, I (my boat) like the Rev 4 much better and it carries the bow well and does not blow out, also good slip numbers.
Any idea what length tube? They are offered in 3 different lengths.

Rbcconst

Reaction score
what boat did you run that on?

Rbcconst

Reaction score
I ran it on a SBC 20' baja. That little boat went 80 when I was done with it.

I've only ran 1 max 5, and that is on the kryptonite. The boat didn't like it at all, but that's a surfacing application also, which is a totally different animal than what were talking about here.

I tried a maximus on the little baja, but it was too much prop for that motor.

The shortened tube is what allowed more bow lift, and yes. I could tell the difference.

I have wanted to try the max 5 for a while but not willing to learn a 2k lesson. There is good feedback on the prop in the lavey 2750 hull but all of the feedback is from higher HP motors.

Headless hula

Reaction score
I have wanted to try the max 5 for a while but not willing to learn a 2k lesson. There is good feedback on the prop in the lavey 2750 hull but all of the feedback is from higher HP motors.

Are you just after better midrange, or chasing a higher top end #?

Rbcconst

Reaction score
Are you just after better midrange, or chasing a higher top end #?
betting midrange, lower RPM Higher cruising speed in the 50mph range. Standard bravo is roughly 4k rpm at 50mph. Overall performance and how it carrys the boat is also important. Top end is last on the list.

Headless hula

Reaction score
betting midrange, lower RPM Higher cruising speed in the 50mph range. Standard bravo is roughly 4k rpm at 50mph. Overall performance and how it carrys the boat is also important. Top end is last on the list.

23 maximus.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
I’m interested in the fs as well. Coming from a 23 rev 4 it says to jump up 2 pitch’s. Just haven’t found a used one to try one.

LOBOATOMY

Reaction score
Mine is a Formula 242SS. I have buddies with 242LS and a Hallett 270, all love the Rev 4. And they are actually true to pitch where as the Bravo 1's usually come in about an inch under advertised pitch (FYI). All standard Bravo 1 outdrive deep V's.

Rbcconst

Reaction score
Mine is a Formula 242SS. I have buddies with 242LS and a Hallett 270, all love the Rev 4. And they are actually true to pitch where as the Bravo 1's usually come in about an inch under advertised pitch (FYI). All standard Bravo 1 outdrive deep V's.

That would be worth testing.

UltraLucky

Reaction score
My boat, a Hallett 210, responded much better to the FS prop v the standard Bravo 1. The FS has the flare on the diffuser trimmed which creates less stern lift.
Great overall prop for my boat.

Rbcconst

Reaction score
My boat, a Hallett 210, responded much better to the FS prop v the standard Bravo 1. The FS has the flare on the diffuser trimmed which creates less stern lift.
Great overall prop for my boat.

When you went from the standard bravo to the FS did you get the same pitch?

UltraLucky

Reaction score
When you went from the standard bravo to the FS did you get the same pitch?

Yes same pitch.
Cutting edge 4 blade on the right Bravo 1 FS on the left.
20180805_153858.jpg

UltraLucky

Reaction score
26 Bravo 1fs = 24.5 actual pitch.
This is pretty typical with the Bravo1 props.

UltraLucky

Reaction score
The cutting edge 4 blade works well but I spent quite a bit of time getting it dialed in. Auggie was great to work with and kept tweaking it till I was happy.
The standard Bravo 1 is a great prop for alot of applications just created to much stern lift on my boat with a straight vee. would chine walk quite a bit.

farmo83

Reaction score
I talked to B Blades about trying a max 5 and per him they only work well on heavier boats that run a high slip(18-20%) was the numbers he mentioned on the phone.

Rbcconst

Reaction score
I talked to B Blades about trying a max 5 and per him they only work well on heavier boats that run a high slip(18-20%) was the numbers he mentioned on the phone.

My slip around 4000 rpm is about 18 but at wot its closer to 13.