WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What Beer did You Drink in High School?

SpeedyWho

Reaction score
IMG_0057.JPG

All the old guys in my area drank Old Stlye. I remember going to the VFW for union meetings when I was 18 drinking and with all the guys. And I had a buddy and we'd work on cars over by his uncles place and he drank it so we did too. Good memories

QC22

Landing Loser
Reaction score
Anybody else call those 40oz bottles buzz bombs?

Reactions: TPC

jetur

Reaction score
Bud Light because that's what dad drank.

Had a job at small town mini Mart / gas station. Supplied all the booze for every high school "event" from sophomore yr to senior yr. An "event" back then was anything from a dezert party to going to ag class. Yes, we paid for our beer, otherwise the inventory would be off and we would loose the deal.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
...Coors...Canned...tall bottles...then the stubbies came out ...that didn’t last too long ...so most of it was cans ...because didn’t want any glass on the beach areas at the river and lakes...The cans were not 100% perfect as the pop tops separated from the metal can and if you stepped on one of the pop tops in the sand...you could slice your foot open...

grumpy88

Reaction score
How is it i am the only one who did not drink in high school ? I never had a beer till after the age of 21

DLC

Reaction score
For the chicas we got wine coolers
Bartles and James
Sun country

there were a few more, this was in 85-89

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
We thought we were sophisticated in the late 70’s, very early 80’s so we drank Henry Weinhard’s Private Reserve.

View attachment 838118

That was our go to when the parents would buy our beer. Private Reserve, Blue Bore and the BlackBerry Wheat. Until they got bought out by anhiser Busch then it all went to shit IMO

Last edited:

DB / HAV

Reaction score
Started working at 16, the Pantry in Duarte. Could buy beer after they closed. On payday- Michelob or Lowenbrau, the day before payday- Old English 800. There was also a drive thru liquor store in Pomona that would sell beer to anyone. Crazy times, good times

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
Anything we could get early in high school. My buddy usually could score some Lowenbrau, Primo, or Heiniken from his neighbor. A sixer between us would be more than enough for a night, lol. I usually had my brother buy me Henry Weinhards when he was around, don't even know if they make that anymore. When I was 17 or 18, one of my buddies had a good mustache and looked a lot older, we could get anything we wanted. We drank Mickeys Big Mouth and Elephant Malt Liquor a lot our senior year. Ended up ralphing a few times from that. At the river was always coors or sometimes miller high life. Cases or kegs, we brought both.. The cheap guys brought Busch or Hamm's, LOL.
Are you my lost brother lol

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
In high school I was drinking Southern Comfort. Same color as A&W cream soda for bottle swaps. Then moved on to Jack in Coke bottles.

Out of school and working...Coors Light or Jack. Only on occasion these days...

getoffmylawn

Reaction score
Anything we could get early in high school. My buddy usually could score some Lowenbrau, Primo, or Heiniken from his neighbor. A sixer between us would be more than enough for a night, lol. I usually had my brother buy me Henry Weinhards when he was around, don't even know if they make that anymore. When I was 17 or 18, one of my buddies had a good mustache and looked a lot older, we could get anything we wanted. We drank Mickeys Big Mouth and Elephant Malt Liquor a lot our senior year. Ended up ralphing a few times from that. At the river was always coors or sometimes miller high life. Cases or kegs, we brought both.. The cheap guys brought Busch or Hamm's, LOL.

Yep, they still make Weinhards. Just finished some off.........

78Southwind

Reaction score
Any brand that was available. When I had a choice mostly MGD and sometimes Corona. I haven't had either of those brands since High School.

PlumLoco

Vintage Jawa CZ motorcycles
Reaction score
Yep, they still make Weinhards. Just finished some off.........

Wait. What? I thought production stopped when the Blitz brewery was sold. Is it available outside of Oregon? Shit they must be on batch 499 by now. I think the last one I had was 86 or so.

Anybody ever try Herman Joseph from Coors? Good shit.

BONER

Reaction score
I drank the Beer that was free or bought for me.

getoffmylawn

Reaction score
Wait. What? I thought production stopped when the Blitz brewery was sold. Is it available outside of Oregon? Shit they must be on batch 499 by now. I think the last one I had was 86 or so.

Anybody ever try Herman Joseph from Coors? Good shit.

Henry Weinhards was picked up by Coors. They make it in Golden, Co. We did the brewery tour about a year ago

dezrtracer

Reaction score
Anything , unless it only said Beer on the can ....

brgrcru

Reaction score
Pretty much all that have been listed . What ever somebody, would buy for Us.
A few times they brought out some room tempature cases . Lol just to fuck with us kids . :eek: