WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Time to flee!

RodnJen

Reaction score
Nothing like an unbiased source, some truth though. :D

varmit86

Reaction score
Where did you move from and where to?
Washington state, No state income tax, No vehicle smog, water everywhere you look, car events constantly, and you can have good guns.
People ate friendly here.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
I remember the emissions being fairly stringent around 2000 in WA. state. Cool they have let up. I enjoy zero at my address here in IL. 6 miles down the road and it is fockery for sure.

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
I'm close to retirement.... (I'm F-ING ready, to quit this WORK SHIT!!) anywho... most of my friends are the same age.
five friends.... one is staying in Cali, two have moved out of Cali and two are putting their homes for sale and leaving Cali...
Cali is too expensive to retire. And everyday this F.ing state keeps F.ing things up...
shit the majority of the rah, rah union employees with Great Bennies are leaving the state at retirement age as well..

it will get worst every year..... middle class retiring and the state bringing in illegals on the states dime.... (for their votes)...
who's gonna pay for all this FREE SHIT!!!

YOU F.ING LIBERALS ARE IDIOTS!!!!!

grumpy88

Reaction score
Im going to look at Nevada later this year as an escape plan, Boulder city, Reno, and Mesquite. Any other area's I should consider?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
There are quiet parts of Henderson

boatpi

Reaction score
Boulder city is very cool but pretty remote if you plan on still working and commuting into the city. Reno is fabulous but if you travel much the airport can’t take it very many places.

so much depends on your budget I ended up in the south west portion of the Las Vegas Valley if you Google Rhodes Ranch I’m just south of there.

this is one of the places we can get a great house with a fair amount of land if that’s what you’re looking for not a lot of condominiums and probably very few section 8 housing this area.

for the most part is very new with a lot of wide-open spaces and horse matches.

liquid addiction

^ 78 DiMarco Flat
Reaction score
Moved to Nevada 8 years ago. Born and raised in the central valley and didn't know different. I still go back a bout once a month for family and cant get back fast enough.

The only thing I miss is the delta.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
But the weather is nice? :p
:D
81602684_3021704717853529_7604963514305740800_n.jpg

Slats

Reaction score
Moved to Vegas about 5 years ago from calif. still work in calif lately. But love Nevada. We are over in Henderson can’t wait to retire and leave ca for good.

varmit86

Reaction score
I remember the emissions being fairly stringent around 2000 in WA. state. Cool they have let up. I enjoy zero at my address here in IL. 6 miles down the road and it is fockery for sure.
Where I am there has never been emissions testing, but this year the whole state flushed the emissions program.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Carlson-jet

Reaction score
Please,Please,Please Be happy and enjoy your great weather. Nevada/Lake Mead are closed.
Just to let you know. Nevada does not control lake Mead. The U.S. Bureau of Reclamation does.
Talk all of the smack you want about CA, aside from the politics its still a great place to live.
That is a tough sell with over 6 million people living below poverty and hundreds of thousands homeless.
Have you taken a poll? I admire my property values going up but it is not utopia or I would be right back out there.

On the same note. This place sucks as well. Why? Politicians have ruined it and I know and accept it.
They have about ruined every state I have lived in.

Meaney77

Reaction score
That is a tough sell with over 6 million people living below poverty and hundreds of thousands homeless.
Have you taken a poll? I admire my property values going up but it is not utopia or I would be right back out there.

On the same note. This place sucks as well. Why? Politicians have ruined it and I know and accept it.

Totally agree but at this point in my life Im not ready to move anywhere else. I am fortunate to have a good job and a few properties here so for now I will deal with the over taxation, the ridiculous laws, the corrupt politicians, the high gas prices and the warm weather.

Howardflat

Bad MFer
Reaction score
Boulder city is very cool but pretty remote if you plan on still working and commuting into the city. Reno is fabulous but if you travel much the airport can’t take it very many places.

so much depends on your budget I ended up in the south west portion of the Las Vegas Valley if you Google Rhodes Ranch I’m just south of there.

this is one of the places we can get a great house with a fair amount of land if that’s what you’re looking for not a lot of condominiums and probably very few section 8 housing this area.

for the most part is very new with a lot of wide-open spaces and horse matches.

Its not that far. Plus anyone from cali knows it could take an hour to get 10 miles. At least here in boulder city it may take you 30 min to get to work but your driving 30 miles. Boulder is an awesome place. Pretty good food. Good bars. The lake is 5 min away. Leave from your house and go riding in the desert. No gambling here in town. Always a car show or street party when the weather warms up. I love Boulder City. Ask @Riley1 what he thinks. He just recently relocated here from cali and works in the valley.

Carlson-jet

Reaction score
Totally agree but at this point in my life Im not ready to move anywhere else. I am fortunate to have a good job and a few properties here so for now I will deal with the over taxation, the ridiculous laws, the corrupt politicians, the high gas prices and the warm weather.
I would sell everything I own to find a place where I knew I would just be left alone. :)

Slats

Reaction score
Its not that far. Plus anyone from cali knows it could take an hour to get 10 miles. At least here in boulder city it may take you 30 min to get to work but your driving 30 miles. Boulder is an awesome place. Pretty good food. Good bars. The lake is 5 min away. Leave from your house and go riding in the desert. No gambling here in town. Always a car show or street party when the weather warms up. I love Boulder City. Ask @Riley1 what he thinks. He just recently relocated here from cali and works in the valley.

Boulder is a great place. All of the above is true. We are close enough to Boulder to go for breakfast and see the car shows.

Tank

Reaction score
What I glean from this article is you can't have any ties to Ca. if you plan on escaping the taxation. I always considered buying a small condo here on the beach but make our main home in another state to half-way GTFO of this state but still be able to come back and enjoy the beach (have our cake and eat it too), but this appears to be problematic if trying to avoid the huge taxes.

I love Boulder. I really do. It's such a cool little city. My wife has family there and the last time we were there (couple years ago) I started looking at homes. Unfortunately, like most cool little cities, I've heard a lot of talk about it and a lot of interest in it which makes me concerned for keeping it a nice quaint town. "Havasuitis" if you will.

I agree. CA is a big state. Move to a city that doesn't have all the poverty and homeless that other areas have and everything is great. ;) :D

In theory that sounds great. However, we just did a road trip all over Ca. last Spring break. I was actually shocked to see vagrants EVERYWHERE. And then talking to locals at the areas we visited and hearing about the same problems with vagrancy, crime, etc. Yes, SF and LA are inundated but now-a-days even the nice smaller towns are experiencing the plague of vagrancy, rampant drug use and crime. It's sad really. Even in our quiet little part of the world on the beach here, we're starting to see more vagrancy. Never did before, EVER. It's frustrating.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Just to let you know. Nevada does not control lake Mead. The U.S. Bureau of Reclamation does.

Do politicians ruin it or do the people that vote them in ruin it????

ChiliPepperGarage

Well Known RDP Cart Returner
Reaction score
NV is getting worse every day thanks to liberal Commiefornians moving here. Our new liberal governor admittedly hates rural NV. Clark and Washoe counties are the only two blue counties in the whole state. Unfortunately, there are more people in those two counties than the whole rest of the state. I really wish we could just give Clark county to California.
There are many amazingly beautiful areas in rural NV filled with good honest hard working people with high moral values. If you are like minded then you are very welcome here and hope you vote accordingly.
If you are a liberal wanting to escape high cost of living go somewhere else.

Carlson-jet

Reaction score
Do politicians ruin it or do the people that vote them in ruin it????
Good question. What came first? The Chicken or the egg?
They go hand in hand. The politicians have the power and backing. The people have the vote. How those are applied has me pondering my whole life. It's like walking into a dark room and expecting the light switch to be where it makes sense but fumbling around only to find out other people had other plans.

gqchris

Reaction score
I grew up in Vegas. Its funny to hear Boulder City being suggested so much. When I was a kid, that was a day trip to go there. We thought it was miles away! Lol

I grew up on Nellis. Going to the meadows mall was considered FAR!

We used to call Henderson, Henderspun. Because of the tweakers. This is not Green Valley we speak of. We used to go there for the rich kid partys. So many memories. I could go on for days.

530RL

Reaction score
In an attempt to be slightly objective.......

In the 2018 mid-terms, Nevada residents handed the state legislature, the governorship and 3 of 4 federal House seats to Democrats.

Both Federal Senators are Democrats.

15.7% of workers are represented by Unions in Nevada, compared to 6.5% in Arizona.

The last three Presidential candidates that won Nevada were Obama, Obama and Clinton.

Nevada is no red haven of conservatism, but it does have a large group of annual visitors it can tax to support state government......

ChiliPepperGarage

Well Known RDP Cart Returner
Reaction score
In an attempt to be slightly objective.......

In the 2018 mid-terms, Nevada residents handed the state legislature, the governorship and 3 of 4 federal House seats to Democrats.

Both Federal Senators are Democrats.

15.7% of workers are represented by Unions in Nevada, compared to 6.5% in Arizona.

The last three Presidential candidates that won Nevada were Obama, Obama and Clinton.

Nevada is no red haven of conservatism, but it does have a large group of annual visitors it can tax to support state government......

Again, this in only because of Clark and Washoe counties. NV is a large state that is mostly sparsely populated. Most of the state is extremely conservative. Most of the people here hate Las Vegas and the people there (not all the people there. There are many fine people but the bad ones out number them).

dschaper

Reaction score

Nordie

Reaction score
I grew up in Vegas. Its funny to hear Boulder City being suggested so much. When I was a kid, that was a day trip to go there. We thought it was miles away! Lol

I grew up on Nellis. Going to the meadows mall was considered FAR!

We used to call Henderson, Henderspun. Because of the tweakers. This is not Green Valley we speak of. We used to go there for the rich kid partys. So many memories. I could go on for days.

Sounds like we have very similar growing up in Vegas experiences. I grew up on the east side of Vegas, 2 blocks east of Nellis Blvd. Now I refuse to go to that side of town, it is really bad now. When I grew up over there it was awesome but it went down hill quick. Henderson was always called dirty stinky Henderson, and now its one of the best places to live in the valley. Meadow's mall was always better than the Boulevard Mall, and going the Mt. Charelston felt like you were going to a different state, now we go up there for dinner because its only 25 minutes away.

rvrrun

Reaction score
Talk all of the smack you want about CA, aside from the politics its still a great place to live.
Don’t forget the people, a decent number of them are miserable assholes.

...but aside from the politics and assholes

Oh, and the taxes.

...but aside from the politics, assholes and taxes

grumpy88

Reaction score
NV is getting worse every day thanks to liberal Commiefornians moving here. Our new liberal governor admittedly hates rural NV. Clark and Washoe counties are the only two blue counties in the whole state. Unfortunately, there are more people in those two counties than the whole rest of the state. I really wish we could just give Clark county to California.
There are many amazingly beautiful areas in rural NV filled with good honest hard working people with high moral values. If you are like minded then you are very welcome here and hope you vote accordingly.
If you are a liberal wanting to escape high cost of living go somewhere else.
Well NV picked up 2 conservative votes from us moving here .