WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Looking for first motorhome (possibly)

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score
If you guys are putting motorhomes up in the thread please put the price as well!

In about an hour Stacy and I are going to go through and try to make heads or tails of all of this.. It's a lot of information for people that don't know anything about motorhomes.

What in the thread so far makes the most sense for us / bang for the buck?

RD

Both of the super C's listed in this thread would be a great fit for your desires! The super C with the Dmax/allison will run amazing, and there is so much stuff out there for the dmax/allison that if you want more you can reliably upgrade. A tuned Dmax/allison in a 18Klb rv would run amazing, even when you hook 10K behind it. Those should both be way under your budget too, and super c's tend to hold their resale pretty well. AND...you can take a super C to most gm dealers across the country and they will work on them because they are just a C5500 truck with a camper on it.

And I concur with the above about bunks, we hated our bunks. Sucks for extracurricular activities when your kids are 3' away from you. We hang out outside at night, not in the camper. If I wanted to hang out in the camper, Ill stay at home! My kids all pretty much sleep in the bunk over the cab at the other end of the moho, and with a curtain, you can close that and not have to make up beds every morning like you will with a Class A that doesn't have bunks. It does get old making the dinette back to a dinette, and the couch back to the couch...especially if your kids are late sleepers, but not the end of the world again.

Also...the Super C's have a GREAT turning radius. I know it was mentioned that a motorhome isn't a great launch vehicle, but I launch our boat ALLLL the time with the super C. On the beach, on the ramp, etc. It drives like a big truck, so my wife even likes to drive it. Having your own door to get out of is super nice too. Not a deal breaker, but a benefit for sure.

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score
It doesn't matter what we say youll know exactly what you didnt get as soon as you purchase your 1st one. Lol. If you cant tell most of us have made purchases up and down the spectrum. I moved up over my last couple but now moving back down. Life changes. Good luck

100% right!

2Driver

Reaction score
Do the market research. Just because someone is taking it in the shorts on resale and it seems like a deal, may mean they bought it wrong new and you might be able to get the same price new as their used.

Some of the deals on inventory that has been sitting can be nearly the same as used. Just do the research. It can be like buying jewelry, one day its 10% off next day its 45% off.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Well we are down in Quartzsite.. Don’t botherWith the RV show.. Lol. What a bunch of carnes..

Tell them you want to spend a 125 and they show ya 200’s.. etc. They say they do an inspection but will brag that they will take your trade and sell it the same day?

we went in a few and I opened the freezer and there was spilled frozen peas spilled everywhere and I don’t think they took it in on trade more than a few hours before?

We went over back across the bridge to La Mesa RV. I really like this place, huge selection and the guy JJ we talked to was really mellow, even if you could tell he was a salesman at heart.. “let me help you rip this one” type shit like he’s gonna do us a favor over management.. lol. Either way low pressure and super nice guy.

At the show we went through several 2019 Holiday Ramblers that I thought were super nice. They were gas but made amazing use of the space and Stacy got her bunk option in at least one of them. They are gas coaches and I’m not sure if they will pull that enclosed trailer or not? I’m inclined to believe they will. I don’t think they are gonna Paul a 28-33’ boat though or even my existing Hallett to lead or powell.

mad went to la Mesa and looked at an older Monaco signature. I was in love but Stacy was out.. lol

After bouncing around I absolutely love the Fleetwood Providence 41’ tag axle. That thing with the double slides is flipping huge inside. Has 3 beds for kids up front and the hallway to the bedroom is still wider than most other single slide motor homes. Lol

The one I was looking at was a 2014 35,000 miles 1200hrs on gen perfect shape and they want 159k.. (way out of our range). Stacy didn’t like making the beds each day but the room inside is undeniable and we are entertaining kinda people. You can put a lot of people in that thing and not feel cramped..

downside is it’s fucking huge.. I have no idea where I’d keep something like that. Outside storage or a storage unit.

we are back to the drawing board..

We did look at some super C’s they feel very tight inside?

I’m considering abandoning the idea of towing a boat, going back to just our enclosed trailer and looking hard at gas coaches..

Any thoughts?

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Well we are down in Quartzsite.. Don’t botherWith the RV show.. Lol. What a bunch of carnes..

Tell them you want to spend a 125 and they show ya 200’s.. etc. They say they do an inspection but will brag that they will take your trade and sell it the same day?

we went in a few and I opened the freezer and there was spilled frozen peas spilled everywhere and I don’t think they took it in on trade more than a few hours before?

We went over back across the bridge to La Mesa RV. I really like this place, huge selection and the guy JJ we talked to was really mellow, even if you could tell he was a salesman at heart.. “let me help you rip this one” type shit like he’s gonna do us a favor over management.. lol. Either way low pressure and super nice guy.

At the show we went through several 2019 Holiday Ramblers that I thought were super nice. They were gas but made amazing use of the space and Stacy got her bunk option in at least one of them. They are gas coaches and I’m not sure if they will pull that enclosed trailer or not? I’m inclined to believe they will. I don’t think they are gonna Paul a 28-33’ boat though or even my existing Hallett to lead or powell.

mad went to la Mesa and looked at an older Monaco signature. I was in love but Stacy was out.. lol

After bouncing around I absolutely love the Fleetwood Providence 41’ tag axle. That thing with the double slides is flipping huge inside. Has 3 beds for kids up front and the hallway to the bedroom is still wider than most other single slide motor homes. Lol

The one I was looking at was a 2014 35,000 miles 1200hrs on gen perfect shape and they want 159k.. (way out of our range). Stacy didn’t like making the beds each day but the room inside is undeniable and we are entertaining kinda people. You can put a lot of people in that thing and not feel cramped..

downside is it’s fucking huge.. I have no idea where I’d keep something like that. Outside storage or a storage unit.

I’m considering abandoning the idea of towing a boat, going back to just our enclosed trailer and looking hard at gas coaches..

Any thoughts?

Get a nice gas coach that fits the bill for some towing to get the off road toys where you want to go and move on with life.
If you want to tow a large boat, you are going to have to blow the budget or make other serious compromises.

You are not going to keep this more than a hand full of years, as your program is going to change significantly as the kids get older, you get different boats, etc.

EBT531

Reaction score
Used to have a Holiday Rambler Navigator. SOLID brand that never gave me any issues. Drove very well and had larger tanks than a lot of people I camped with.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score

Any thoughts?

I’ve had them all and was a diesel nut. I finally wanted something I could zip around in and had bunks for the kids but also made sense economically. Ended up with a 31’ class C with V10.

I thought we would hate it and bought it kinda to prove the wife wrong. Damn was I wrong. This is the smallest coach we’ve owned but the funnest. Any beach and state park no problem and easy as hell Friday after work to head to Glamis and the desert.

V10 is fine if you’re hauling desert toys and the difference in price over the diesel models buys a shit ton of gas. Oil change is maybe $40.

We’ll be keeping it for a while...

IMG_1956.jpg

Singleton

Reaction score
Figure out what you want to do with an RV.
How often are you really going to pull the boat (maybe 2-4 times A year). Might not be worth the extra costs for those few trips. Going off-roading, a gasser will work fine. Might take longer, but gets you to the same place.

I would start with a gasser and if you start using it a ton, you upgrade in a few years.

Reactions: DWC

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
The V-10 3 valve Ford rips. I tow both my 24 enclosed and 27 Speedster.I think the speedster weighs in at around 7000 lbs on the trailer without gas.Tows just fine.

Ford makes 2 versions of the V-10. You want the 6.8 L with 3 valve and it rips. I think it is a 362 HP designation?

I can do most hills no problem. The only hills that get me are the 6-7% grades but those are monsters and I go up those at 45-50 mph. I usually never go over 65 mph towing because of the MPG, and really do you want to go faster than that with everyone on board?

I was looking at AJ's CC and would tow it but its too damn long so no go. (probably 75 ft combined)

You just have to wind up the motor which some people don't like to do but they do just fine. I just keep up with oil changes.

Diesel is good but Ford V10 does just fine with the correct size load.

2881A136-450C-46BF-A7F9-C1FE08F5E1C8.jpeg
D0632F18-FA93-42CD-8420-9C2076C09A59.jpeg
4892F301-6AD0-465E-9248-D5399CFD09BD.jpeg

Last edited:

RVRKID

Reaction score
Do you think a Center Console is going to weigh more then your enclosed loaded with the Can AM the motorcycles, the kids SXS and all the gas and other crap you will shove in it? We have an 04 35' Winnebago Sightseer with the Chevy 8.1 and pulled a 24' enclosed with my RZR, 2 kids quads and gas and everything else just fine to Glamis last month. i had to have a little patience going up the grade out of Redlands but that was about it.

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
Remember if you tow a boat with it you are probably going to have to launch with it. My moho is 32 ‘ plus a 25 shockwave and I still won’t do it. We end up towing with the truck. Screw that shit almost 60 feet on the launch ramp. No thanks:D

Last edited:

Universal Elements

Reaction score
Remember if you tow a boat with it you are probably going to have to launch with it. My moho is 32 ‘ and and a 25 shockwave and I still won’t do it. We end up towing with the truck. Screw that shit almost 60 feet on the launch ramp. No thanks:D

This X 2

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
The V-10 3 valve Ford rips. I tow both my 24 enclosed and 27 Speedster.I think the speedster weighs in at around 7000 lbs on the trailer without gas.Tows just fine.

Ford makes 2 versions of the V-10. You want the 6.8 L with 3 valve and it rips. I think it is a 362 HP designation?

I can do most hills no problem. The only hills that get me are the 6-7% grades but those are monsters and I go up those at 45-50 mph. I usually never go over 65 mph towing because of the MPG, and really do you want to go faster than that with everyone on board?

I was looking at AJ's CC and would tow it but its too damn long so no go. (probably 75 ft combined)

You just have to wind up the motor which some people don't like to do but they do just fine. I just keep up with oil changes.

Diesel is good but Ford V10 does just fine with the correct size load.

View attachment 838394 View attachment 838393 View attachment 838391
I agree, the 3V V10 has some balls. I just slow down a bit up big hills and run around 4200rpm so I dont wring it out at 5k, but everyone I camp with pulls hills floored and has done so for like 7 years lol. I just feel bad for motors and treat them like children :D

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
No launching? What are you guys chicken. See post #210 above.

Look how narrow that shit is there. The wide open launch ramp is no problemo.

(I do have a spotter with me though so)

I am 67.. errr... I meant 65 feet long. :D

Last edited:

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
To clarify.. A gasser 3/4 ton is an invalid truck, but a v10 gasser motorhome, just floor it and change the oil :)

I"d do the 3 valve v10 all day long.

Also disregard the 2900lb tow capacity that's left on paper when the coach is wet and fully loaded, just go by the hitch rating :D. If hitch is rated 5k, just make sure to install a 10k. But only in a motorhome.....cause them shits are big and have big motors

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Punch it son. There is horsepower up in those upper power bands.

I agree, the 3V V10 has some balls. I just slow down a bit up big hills and run around 4200rpm so I dont wring it out at 5k, but everyone I camp with pulls hills floored and has done so for like 7 years lol. I just feel bad for motors and treat them like children :D

Funny story. My wife won't ride in the front. First time I punched it she jumped when she heard how load the motor (throttle) is up front at WOT. LOL She rides in the back now. Big chicken.

RVRKID

Reaction score
Remember if you tow a boat with it you are probably going to have to launch with it. My moho is 32 ‘ and and a 25 shockwave and I still won’t do it. We end up towing with the truck. Screw that shit almost 60 feet on the launch ramp. No thanks:D
We have launched our 18' Kona at Echo many times with no problems, hell we even launched at site 6 with our old 31' RV.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Big tires too. Big rear ends too.

You know what they say about a MH that has big tires. They got big rims. :D

Also disregard the 2900lb tow capacity that's left on paper when the coach is wet and fully loaded, just go by the hitch rating :D. If hitch is rated 5k, just make sure to install a 10k. But only in a motorhome.....cause them shits are big and have big motors

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Punch it son. There is horsepower up in those upper power bands.

Funny story. My wife won't ride in the front. First time I punched it she jumped when she heard how load the motor is up front at WOT. LOL She rides in the back now. Big chicken.
Does yours have that "tipping point" after like 5/8-3/4 throttle, where it audibly goes into full beast mode? Mine does

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
So yore saying I am doing it wrong? :p;):D

Also disregard the 2900lb tow capacity that's left on paper when the coach is wet and fully loaded, just go by the hitch rating
:D. If hitch is rated 5k, just make sure to install a 10k. But only in a motorhome.....cause them shits are big and have big motors

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Absolutely. You know whats up.

My wife flipped first time it happened! She was like, WTF is that noise. I think she jumped 2 foot out of her seat. :D It was comedy. Can't you just see that happening? LOL

My son rides up front now.

Does yours have that "tipping point" after like 5/8-3/4 throttle, where it audibly goes into full beast mode? Mine does

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Absolutely. You know whats up.

My wife flipped first time it happened! She was like, WTF is that noise. I think she jumped 2 foot out of her seat. :D It was comedy. Can't you just see that happening? LOL

My son rides up front now.

*starts ascending hill*
1/2 Throttle
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
3/4 throttle
AAAAARRRRRGGHGHRHHHRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

buck35

Reaction score

Any thoughts?

Umm. Dave it's getting to be time to make the shilren make their own beds for the fun of the adventure they are on . No body rides for free ,right? No time like the present time to teach that lesson.:):cool:
Good luck in your search !:cool:

Last edited:

hawgty55

Reaction score
Dont worry about the amount of gas they use my diesel drinks fuel just like my gasser did there just more of it.

Things i wanted on my last upgrade was
More water and more fuel . And dual or better A/c units with 50amp service

Typically you'll get more of both with a diesel coach. But again im not anywhere in the new market but would guess its the same.

We did alot of dry camping so every gallon of water mattered and when we started traveling distances over 500 miles the added fuel was also awesome because you didn't have to stop as frequently which is a big reason why you ha e the MH

And when it came to the super Cs some carried 70ish with a single slide and the dual slide carried a 100 so the single was out for us and alot of them had entertainment centers over the cab which we wanted the sleeper.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
One of the best reason to upgrade to Diesel is more fresh water and grey and shitter tanks and CCC.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
One thing to keep in mind when buying is how is the accessibility while the slides are in? Some RV's are damn near unusable with them pulled in. Like have to shimy to get into the shitter and some cannot open the fridge without pushing out the slide . Both real shitty with kids or a pit stop along the way.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Hermosa

Pibb + Red Vines = CD
Reaction score
Dont worry about the amount of gas they use my diesel drinks fuel just like my gasser did there just more of it.

Things i wanted on my last upgrade was
More water and more fuel . And dual or better A/c units with 50amp service

Typically you'll get more of both with a diesel coach. But again im not anywhere in the new market but would guess its the same.

We did alot of dry camping so every gallon of water mattered and when we started traveling distances over 500 miles the added fuel was also awesome because you didn't have to stop as frequently which is a big reason why you ha e the MH

And when it came to the super Cs some carried 70ish with a single slide and the dual slide carried a 100 so the single was out for us and alot of them had entertainment centers over the cab which we wanted the sleeper.
We had limited tanks, so I added tanks under my trailer. I can use my macerator shitter pump and pump from the RV to the extra tanks. It's worked out really well. wife and 2 kids, we go through water and fill tanks like crazy.

lbhsbz

Reaction score

Any thoughts?

If you're considering a gasser and want to haul that trailer, I'd strongly suggest waiting a bit until FORD launches that new 7.3L engine. I'm no fan of Ford, but this engine will be a game changer in the gas market.

HBCraig

Reaction score
I had the 3 valve V10 and put the Banks kit on it. Air intake, chip and exhaust. It would freaking scream

RCDave

Reaction score
Lol. What is engine noise running up a steep grade?

I can speak to my wife and ask "where's my sandwich" with one hand on the wheel relaxed, running that 6% grade, at 2000 rpm, towing the boat, no stress., with 100 gallons of fresh and 150 gallons of diesel.

And....launch the boat with it, with no concern at all. All that weight over 4 big tires = massive traction.

Oil change necessary only at 20,000 mile intervals!

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Motorhomes

THE DREAM

Your’re driving down I-40, nestled in a barcalounger. "Honey, do you want something to drink?" Your wife asks from the kitchen, as she's chopping onions for your sizzling omelet. "Sure honey, thanks!" you say. Your wife walks up and hands you a frosty beverage, then offers up a back massage from the dinette seat behind you. You my friend, are living the dream! "Dad, I have to pee!" your 3 year old cries from the overhead bunk, where he and his sister are watching DirectTV - fed from an auto-seek satellite dish. "No problem honey, let me take you to the bathroom" your wife says. "Mom, i have to poop too!" your daughter chimes in. You bump the cruise control to 82 and enjoy that beverage while your wife wipes your kids asses. A quick check of the rear view reveals sunshine and rainbows, reflecting off the gleaming silhouette of your 30' stacker. The kids walk back up to the front and give you a hug as they plop down in front of the big screen. That omelet smells amazing! You turn around and catch a glimpse of your wifes thong as she bends over in heels to pull a tri tip out of the oven. You're gonna wreck that ass later in your slide out master bedroom, and you deserve it. Auto level jacks keep the rig from rocking while you slay the poon. You are king of the road.....

THE REALITY

BWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH..........the motor sounds every bit of 5000 rpm as you creep along at 40mph uphill in 2nd, yanking a 10k enclosed box trailer behind your 5k rated Moho. Silverware, cookie sheets and oven racks crash and clatter as you hit every pothole the slow lane has to offer. "Dont worry, you'll make it to the top, and who's racing anyway? " A semi trailer with flashers on looms in the distance, and your rate of closure is slow but steady. Will you crest the grade before you have to pass? God please dont let me get stuck behind this guy, cause I don't think getting back up to this speed is an option! Your kids scream "are we there yet dad?" No kids.....dont f*cking ask again, its gonna be a while! It's been hours since breakfast. "Honey, can you make me a sandwich?" You ask. "WHAAAAAAAAT?" She screams over the wind noise and monstrous V10 roar. "I SAID....CAN YOU MAKE ME A SANDWICH". She rolls her eyes and unbuckles her seat belt. After smacking her head on the overhead bunk she steps towards the back. WHAM! - She then flies back onto the center console as you slam the brakes for that Uhaul that just blew past and cut you off. Your wife sits back down. Fuck your sandwich. You wipe the spilled soda off that 70's looking CCTV rear view monitor. "Who built the cup holders in this wood center console anyways" you mumble. "Dad...i have to poop!" you son yells. You begrudgingly ask the wife to take them to the bathroom. She slams her phone down and makes her way toward the dinette, only to discover smashed cheetoes and juice everywhere. She grabs the kids and tries to hold on to the children and the countertop while precariously inching toward the bathroom. You had a straight section of road a minute ago, but what bad timing - Here comes a corner - "Hang on honey!" you yell. You turn around just in time to catch a glimpse of your toddlers face being jammed into the stove as your wifes loses balance and smashes her. She frantically grabs to stabilize herself and rips the curtain off the plastic ceiling track. The little roller hooks fly everywhere like skittles. You turn around and keep your mouth shut.

Last edited:

DWC

Reaction score
Motorhomes

THE DREAM

Your’re driving down I-40, nestled in a barcalounger. "Honey, do you want something to drink?" Your wife asks from the kitchen, as she's chopping onions for your sizzling omelet. "Sure honey, thanks!" you say. Your wife walks up and hands you a frosty beverage, then offers up a back massage from the dinette seat behind you. You my friend, are living the dream! "Dad, I have to pee!" your 3 year old cries from the overhead bunk, where he and his sister are watching DirectTV - fed from an auto-seek satellite dish. "No problem honey, let me take you to the bathroom" your wife says. "Mom, i have to poop too!" your daughter chimes in. You bump the cruise control to 82 and enjoy that beverage while your wife wipes your kids asses. A quick check of the rear view reveals sunshine and rainbows, reflecting off the gleaming silhouette of your 30' stacker. The kids walk back up to the front and give you a hug as they plop down in front of the big screen. That omelet smells amazing! You turn around and catch a glimpse of your wifes thong as she bends over in heels to pull a tri tip out of the oven. You're gonna wreck that ass later in your slide out master bedroom, and you deserve it. Auto level jacks keep the rig from rocking while you slay the poon. You are king of the road.....

THE REALITY

BWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH..........the motor sounds every bit of 5000 rpm as you creep along at 40mph uphill in 2nd, yanking a 10k enclosed box trailer behind your 5k rated Moho. Silverware, cookie sheets and oven racks crash and clatter as you hit every pothole the slow lane has to offer. "Dont worry, you'll make it to the top, and who's racing anyway? " A semi trailer with flashers on looms in the distance, and your rate of closure is slow but steady. Will you crest the grade before you have to pass? God please dont let me get stuck behind this guy, cause I don't think getting back up to this speed is an option! Your kids scream "are we there yet dad?" No kids.....dont f*cking ask again, its gonna be a while! It's been hours since breakfast. "Honey, can you make me a sandwich?" You ask. "WHAAAAAAAAT?" She screams over the wind noise and monstrous V10 roar. "I SAID....CAN YOU MAKE ME A SANDWICH". She rolls her eyes and unbuckles her seat belt. After smacking her head on the overhead bunk she steps towards the back. WHAM! - She then flies back onto the center console as you slam the brakes for that Uhaul that just blew past and cut you off. Your wife sits back down. Fuck your sandwich. You wipe the spilled soda off that 70's looking CCTV rear view monitor. "Who built the cup holders in this wood center console anyways" you mumble. "Dad...i have to poop!" you son yells. You begrudgingly ask the wife to take them to the bathroom. She slams her phone down and makes her way toward the dinette, only to discover smashed cheetoes and juice everywhere. She grabs the kids and tries to hold on to the children and the countertop while precariously inching toward the bathroom. You had a straight section of road a minute ago, but what bad timing - Here comes a corner - "Hang on honey!" you yell. You turn around just in time to catch a glimpse of your toddlers face being jammed into the stove as your wifes loses balance and smashes her. She frantically grabs to stabilize herself and rips the curtain off the plastic ceiling track. The little roller hooks fly everywhere like skittles. You turn around and keep your mouth shut.
You sure know how to bring back the memories. You left out going through Palm Springs. Passing the windmills in a RV with boat in tow and the wind pushing everything wherever it wants.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Motorhomes

THE DREAM

THE REALITY

That made me LMAO....because it brought back memories of how I thought the trip would go, and memories of how it actually went when I was younger. LOL

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
Don’t forget about all of the room in the trailer, kids can sleep in there too- especially as they get older.

This is what we did. Once we got the desert toys out we put up the TV and Xbox. Cots for the kids. Separate generator that we put a far as possible because that ran all the time we weren't out riding. Had a buddy heater if it got cold.

E4L

Reaction score
We have had our 26' class c rv v10 for 15 years .
It's Been a great moho.
I have been pulling smaller River rod boats, to parker and Blythe and back home, its entire time . 60 k miles . No problem . Also to glamis with a two seat rail .

Once we started pulling our new malibu VTX back and fourth to the delta over the grape vine . I realized right away , I need a diesel moho. There were times , when I got stuck behind a truck . no way in hell , am I going to get any momentum , to get around this big rig doing 20-25 mph. So there I am chugging between 15/20/25 mph.
On a good day with no interference going up the hill , maybe 35 mph . At 4k rpm.
Trying to baby it . It will pull hills , and it has passed other rv's going up the hill. But it will wear out sooner or later .
Not that I plan on running hills at 55mph . But 45 mph and not laboring the drivetrain .
Where the v10 is just screaming at me at 35/45 . At 4 k rpm.

So now we're in the market also.
I really like the super c , as I like having drivers and passenger doors. We like the truck front end. Probably because of my trucking days , the overhead , that actually blocks a lot of the sun , from hitting you while diving .

Mostly likely buying used , no carpet though , has to have oven. For chocolate chip cookies .

You should hit up the other lakes besides the delta. We have some nice ones up here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I just wanna say this...the bigger and more it's like home.... the more it stays parked... the smaller and more car / truck like...the more it gets used...I usually end up with 2 rv's because the bigger the more of a pain in the ass they are..like being in so cal... dad, can we stop at taco bell...ah no.... we can't even stop in this whole f'n town... no where to park.. but, what I'd do if I was dave isn't gonna matter...he's aready made the mistake of taking his wife to look..here's what I told my wife.....you can buy as big as you wanna drive pulling and backing the trailer..

JMO....if it was me... I'd put the drop down bed sofas in the trailer...and get a small rv to pull it...get sleeping bags for the kids , and teach them to roll them up..

getting in and out of shows is a mo-fo with big rv's and trailers..

yes, i'm old,... but I can write a check for just about any rv made,... and I have a 30' gas...it is absolutey the best 30'r out there... smoother riding then every 34' pusher I've ever owned....with less rattles....except for the holy grail alpine.... most I got rid of after a couple trips...rattling all over the road.. creeping up grades , fuel guzzling ,harsh riding junk...I've probley owned 40 DP's and I couldn't get 14 mpg with it idling on a flat bed tow truck.... oh and wanna wake your ass up like shooting up caffeine.... wait till you are headed down a 7/8% grade in a pusher

I've had the old f'r tell me how quiet their pusher is, I reply, put some battery's in your hearing aid, you can't even hear me talk setting next to me...

no one wants to admit they bought a POS that just sits at the storage yard...till it's sold...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score

Any thoughts?
One thing about you Dave, you hear me, but you never listen,,,so you waisted a bunch of time and fuel,..and no better off....one more time... load up the family and go to sunshine rv. in havasu..test ride the two that I showed you,... drive both to del taco...and tell me how big of a coach you really want....lol.... come to vegas and I'll take you out in my gasser with the trailer hooked up...you're not gonna use a big rv....unless as a guest room on the side of the house...

hawgty55

Reaction score
Motorhomes

THE DREAM

THE REALITY

i literally laughed out loud at this for awhile and made my wife read it. Its just like this!