WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What i learned at a pro golf tournament today

riverroyal

Reaction score
I went to the farmers open. A burger is 13 bucks. A beer is 10. You walk a lot. People love tiger woods. Its not my thing.
After a few hours of listening to assclown weekend golfers telling stories and explaining why the golfer missed the putt i was over it.
There are more 'know it all golfers" than i could handle. Everyone in the 'gallery ' was apparently a pro golfer.
I will stick to causally watching on tv, like the Phoenix open.
20200123_140206.jpg

Singleton

Reaction score
Only tournament worth attending is PHX. It’s more of a party then anything. Used to get sponsor and/or greenskeeper passes and never remember the days. Good times.

Working on The Master (press passes for this year) :). That should be a blast after the Final Four in Atlanta

Motor Boater

Reaction score
I went to the farmers open. A burger is 13 bucks. A beer is 10. You walk a lot. People love tiger woods. Its not my thing.
After a few hours of listening to assclown weekend golfers telling stories and explaining why the golfer missed the putt i was over it.
There are more 'know it all golfers" than i could handle. Everyone in the 'gallery ' was apparently a pro golfer.
View attachment 838442

yeah, you need to come to Phx. It’s like nothing you’ve ever seen before. I LOVE golf and basically don’t see any golf when I am there. Just lots of partying and gorgeous woman everywhere.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
View attachment 838442
LOL, can't tell you how many biz events I went and played hack golf at where most of the "big talkers" scored significantly worse than I. Ain't nobody that can bullshit better than the amateur weekend duffer.
:D
I usually gave my Torrey Pines gallery tickets to a few of my worthy customers.

riverroyal

Reaction score
yeah, you need to come to Phx. It’s like nothing you’ve ever seen before. I LOVE golf and basically don’t see any golf when I am there. Just lots of partying and gorgeous woman everywhere.
Yeah. Thats more my speed. Ive heard its a blast. Like opening day at del mar horses on steriods

DWC

Reaction score
It’s definitely not for everyone. Love the game whether I’m playing or watching. The douche level in the gallery is super high and like most events the food/drink will wipe you out. That being said it’s entertaining to watch pros dismantle courses that joe public plays from much shorter distances with minimal rough.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
I was a marshall on the 18th at Pebble Beach for the AT&T for five years. I had my own gallery parties at Sly McFlys on Cannery Row on Saturday night. I got to know a lot of people in the gallery and they referred to the parties as the Marshall Tom parties. They would make sure to get in my area and I would sign autographs. Even got Kevin Costner laid one time while working. It was fun working the crowd but I was over it.

riverroyal

Reaction score
I was just talking to mrs rr about it
Its like that day on the course with those guys that like to tell you how to correct everything, everything!
That was the crowd.

I like playing, really its a fun day usually. Just let me hit like shit, laugh, lose balls, and have a few beers

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
I plan on going sooner than later

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I was just talking to mrs rr about it
Its like that day on the course with those guys that like to tell you how to correct everything, everything!
That was the crowd.

I like playing, really its a fun day usually. Just let me hit like shit, laugh, lose balls, and have a few beers
He shoulda done this, he shoulda done that, he shoulda used his 9 iron and of course putted better.
Lmao:D:D:D
It's the humble golfer you do not want to bet against.

Reactions: DWC

hallett21

Reaction score
Sounds like we’re towing the boat to Tahoe for a buddies bachelor party during the celebrity tournament. We’re excited!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HBCraig

Reaction score
View attachment 838442
And the same tool golfers that know it all are the ones with the popped collars

One2go

Reaction score
Like watching on TV,Except the ass clowns that do the "get in the hole" thing. In person no way to boring.

cofooter

Reaction score
I've gotten invited to a suppliers tent at the Phoenix Open that last 8 yrs or so. Great view of one particular green, open bar, food, etc. Lots of cool people to hang around with, those are a blast. And you see some good golf. I used to play but not into it anymore. I'd never pay to follow the crowds around all day.

LuauLounge

Reaction score
Top this, I have a 2 place and an 8 place golf cart and have never been on a course that didn't have a windmill.

RodnJen

Reaction score
I’ve enjoyed every time I’ve been to Riviera to watch them play. It’s been years, but never a bad time. It’s always a battle with the crowd but watching their swings in real-time is pretty amazing.

JB in so cal

Reaction score
View attachment 838442

Fag

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Tips on watching Tiger at Torrey; Take a flask, stay two holes ahead of his gallery where you can see him blasting up fairways & don't forget to enjoy the ocean views from time to time. It's Torrey Pines brutha.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Oh, and if he makes it into weekends .... stay home and watch on tv. I learned that lesson. Idiots climb friggin trees to watch this guy.

Havaduner

Never home on weekends
Reaction score
Went to see Tiger and Rocco Mediate play in the play offs in the US open years ago. Free passes. After a couple holes, realizing there were 25000 + people to see 2 guys play, and hearing exactly what you descibed, we did as Bill Perkins suggested, we walked a couple holes ahead, enjoyed the few, watched them pass, then bailed. When they made the turn, we were in a bar a few miles away, had some beers and lunch, watched it on TV. Best way to watch!

Bear Down

Reaction score
And the So called Best Burger in San Diego really isn't at the Grille...

westair

Reaction score
I'll be out there on Saturday if anyone wants there swing analyzed …… I have broken 100 on numerous occasions

nowski

Reaction score
The best time at a golf tournament I've experienced is this one. Anyone look familiar???

G01.JPG
G1.JPG
G2.JPG
G3.JPG
G4.JPG
G5.JPG
G6.JPG
G8.JPG
G9.JPG

Englewood

Reaction score
If you want to see grown men run like a little schoolgirl, then follow Tiger's gallery. The dude has some legit undercover security with him. Former Seals/FBI/Etc.

It's fun to watch if you are a true golfer. To see the shots these guys make in person is absolutely amazing.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Tips on watching Tiger at Torrey; Take a flask, stay two holes ahead of his gallery where you can see him blasting up fairways & don't forget to enjoy the ocean views from time to time. It's Torrey Pines brutha.
My daughters dorm room window looked straight down the road leading to the glider port. Amazing views I was truly jealous of.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Haven't played in one in a while, but strip club scrambles are as good as it gets.....Carry a gallon of Crown and it's amazing what you'll get into.:eek::D

The party bus from the club to the course is the best bus ride you'll ever experience.;)

Give the word "score" a whole 'nother meaning.....:cool:

And the creative ways to drink beer off a girl's body is "WOW":p

riverroyal

Reaction score
Tiger had a few sd pd with him. They were watching the crowd intensely

TCHB

Reaction score
Last year my wife and I golfed over 100 rounds and really enjoy the game and going to the events. VIP tickets are the best.

Swain

Reaction score
Just watched The American Express Tourny from my buddy’s back yard last weekend in La Quinta. Andrew Landry even gave the kids a ball each at the hole.
Then Luke Bryan played in the evening

Attachments

• 497FC79D-B25F-4F6E-B472-66B87054764A.jpeg
    497FC79D-B25F-4F6E-B472-66B87054764A.jpeg
    260.8 KB · Views: 37
  • 011A812B-6653-4C5D-95EC-30722B378F06.jpeg
    011A812B-6653-4C5D-95EC-30722B378F06.jpeg
    267.3 KB · Views: 44
  • C6E35D24-572C-40B4-825D-E9F35651D6FF.jpeg
    C6E35D24-572C-40B4-825D-E9F35651D6FF.jpeg
    188.8 KB · Views: 36

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
The Skins Game in its prime was a great spectator tournament. Very limited amount of tickets for a 2 day event at PGA West. We’d select which tee shots, fairway approaches and greens we wanted to see. Casually make our way to them, cocktails in hand, wait a bit and get to see some outstanding golf. In those days including Trevino and Nicklaus. Good times.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
My daughters dorm room window looked straight down the road leading to the glider port. Amazing views I was truly jealous of.
Lucky daughter... I lived in Del Mar in early eighties... walked to Blacks Beach under the gliders where all of us UCSDers studied naked. Them were the days... try explaining that to any college kids today, ha.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Tiger had a few sd pd with him. They were watching the crowd intensely
Oh for sure bro.... I watched Tiger & Phil at Torrey and Phil comes strolling by to the starting tee on Sunday just smiling and waving to the crowd like a normal human.... Tiger follows a few minutes after and he's stern faced, head down and focused with 5 security dudes surrounding him all the way past. And that was just walking inside the ropes from the putting green to first tee prior to starting to play! And he even had all the hookers then!!

cofooter

Reaction score
I saw Phil at the Phoenix Open. He pushed his drive off the tee close to the edge of the fairway next to the concrete path. We were walking past with about 30 others. He was literally 3 ft from the concrete in a bare area almost behind a tree. His caddy asked if he wanted him to move the crowd back and he said no problem. He hit a money shot and waved to the crowd, super cool guy.

DWC

Reaction score
He shoulda done this, he shoulda done that, he shoulda used his 9 iron and of course putted better.
Lmao:D:D:D
It's the humble golfer you do not want to bet against.
Squinty eyes with a 2 iron..

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I saw Phil at the Phoenix Open. He pushed his drive off the tee close to the edge of the fairway next to the concrete path. We were walking past with about 30 others. He was literally 3 ft from the concrete in a bare area almost behind a tree. His caddy asked if he wanted him to move the crowd back and he said no problem. He hit a money shot and waved to the crowd, super cool guy.
He's perfected being in that position off the Tee..:)