WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New wheels/tires - piece together and bring to a shop or try to buy at one place?

STV_Keith

Reaction score
I'm about ready for some new tires for my car, and have decided to upgrade wheels too. I can't find any place online that has the wheels and tires I want, to buy them as a package and have them shipped ready to bolt on with TPMS sensors installed.

I've always thought that tire shops would rather sell you their tires and mount/balance them than to do what you bring in.

What do you guys do? Order it all in and take to to a shop to have them mounted/balanced or try to find a one stop shop?

Last edited:

Singleton

Reaction score
Wheels from 1 place, tires from discount

Last edited:

LuauLounge

Reaction score
One stop shop

If you buy the tires from one place, wheels from another, mounted and balanced at another and there is an issue....You have a problem.

77charger

Reaction score
Wheels from one place tires at another. I like America’s/discount tire road hazard has paid off for me over time.

ramos45

Reaction score
For my excursion I did wheels and tires from discount. They'll give you the website (i forgot it) for the vendors they get wheels from. If you don't see anything you like at that point then don't know what to tell you.

RVRKID

Reaction score
Why pay more for the TPMS, if you buy at one shop then they change them over for you as part of the Mount and Balance(at least we do). Also if you buy online and get a messed up wheel it's on you to handle and make right, if you go to a shop then they handle any blemishes or anything wrong. If you buy the package from us we rotate for free and free plugs if needed. I think you are up in Vegas though so I would think there would be a shop or 2 up there that does the same.
Just an example of buying on line and bring in to have installed, we did a lift, wheels and tires on a Jeep Gladiator before Xmas and the guy bought some roll bar deal for the bed online and wanted installed, we installed part of it but the cage that goes on top came damaged. He still hasn't been able to get it handled with who he got it from where as if he went thru us we would have had it done by now.

rrrr

Reaction score
I'm about ready for some new tires for my car, and have decided to upgrade rims too. I can't find any place online that has the rims and tires I want, to buy them as a package and have them shipped ready to bolt on with TPMS sensors installed.

I've always thought that tire shops would rather sell you their tires and mount/balance them than to do what you bring in.

What do you guys do? Order it all in and take to to a shop to have them mounted/balanced or try to find a one stop shop?

Rims from 1 place, tires from discount

Jeez, you guys. They're wheels, not rims.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
All online and take somewhere to be mounted and balanced.

BajaMike

Reaction score
Fuck the online shit for tires and wheels.....drag all that weight around and try to find some one to install and guarantee them? Fuck all that hassle.

Americas Tires has good prices and lots of available wheels, order the wheels you like, and buy and install wheels and tires in one place, with a great warranty.....

Other option, Grand Prix Tires in Costa Mesa on the 55. They have the best selection of wheels in So Cal, great place.

One place, one purchase, and you don’t have to run around town and the Internet......you want to spend your weekend like you are a tire guy. And what if you order from the Internet and don’t like them.....too big and heavy and pain in the ass to return. See what you like, buy, have them mounted, you are on your way, no hassle.

Little Mr.C

Reaction score
I bought my tires online (Toyo R/t’s 37x12.50r 18, E rating) but bought my raceline wheels from America’s tires, and new TPMS sensors. Only reason I bought separate was because America’s tire didn’t carry that specific tire size in an E rating. They had no problem mounting and balancing my wheels and tires and tpms since I bought through them. And I believe I have a wheel warranty. (Obviously no tire warranty) fair pricing and the customer service was great. Dropped off my tires when my wheels came in and picked up an hour later mounted and balanced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
For my excursion I did wheels and tires from discount. They'll give you the website (i forgot it) for the vendors they get wheels from. If you don't see anything you like at that point then don't know what to tell you.
Wheel pros is the site

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

STV_Keith

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys. I decided to make a change from internet shopping and make a PHONE CALL. My local Discount Tire store said they could order the WHEELS (rrrr) and would price match the tires to Tire Rack who had the same $303 tires for $93. Got it all ordered and setup.

Seems odd that shops that offer ordering more than what is shown on their website wouldn't put something on there about being able to get more than what you see there, and that they will price match other sites.

RvrKid, I want to keep the original wheels/tires for spares, so need new TPMS to make that happen. Bought a set off Ebay for about $50. Picture shows the OE Continental sensor...that better be what shows up. :)

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
I like supporting the little guy, but not so much Americas and Discount. I'd rather order my wheels and buy from Costco. I'm biased though as the manager of my local Costco is a client.