WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Wow... middle school beatings/stabbings

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Kids have no sense of life goals it seems. The vast majority of youth just wants to play games, or have fun. The problem is they have no direction. They don't see a life after graduation. You rarely see a kid that knows what they want to be in elementary school, and follows that goal. I'd done work at that school 10 or so years ago. It didn't strike me as a "rough" school by any stretch.

I don't have an answer. Mine personally was to leave the bigger cities. It's still there/here. There is no hiding, just limiting what influence society can effect the kids that are important to you.

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
I went to that school in 6th and 7th grade. It was shit hole back then. Can't imagine what it is now.

TCHB

Reaction score
This happened at the Jr. High school I went to in 1968. This is the age where it all starts. Sad

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
This happened at the Jr. High school I went to in 1968. This is the age where it all starts. Sad
Did work at a lot of schools. Here is what I learned:
Primary schools are pretty much the same, from the projects to the foothills.

Middle schools suck. Kids are deciding what they are going to be. Still show up even if they are trouble, they have no way to do anything better.

High schools were actually not too bad. The bad kids don't bother showing up. As a whole, the ghetto kids were going to school to try to find a way out. Occasionally at the higher end schools the students (and teachers) would be more disrespectful to tradesmen. The lower income schools sometimes the kids would ask about pay or even benefits.

The schools are a bizarre mix of socioeconomic backgrounds.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
Mother in law was a counselor for a middle school. The things she has had to deal with is insane. Sex trafficking, parents abusing their kids, murders, fights, etc. you think all that stuff happens later on but it’s in all grades.

I don’t know if it was happening when I was in school or if I just didn’t notice/care?

Go-Fly

Where Are My Shoes?
Reaction score
Remove Libtards from the decision process in public schools and it will change for the better, almost over night. Teachers have to do everything else in a day other then teach. Put respect and achievements back into our public schools.

JDKRXW

Reaction score
I went to a middle school (gr 7,8 and 9) in the mid-70's.
It was a shit show then just like they are now.
Whoever thought isolating a huge group of 12-15 year olds in in 1 building is INSANE... or never went to one themselves.
I'd never let my kids go to one.

RodnJen

Reaction score
Middle school was the roughest stretch in our area growing up. As a parent it was also more of a determining factor of where we would live. It was easy to find a good elementary school or high school, middle school was a little harder.

Oddly, my daughter went to the same middle school my brother and I went to, 70/71 and 80/81, and it is a much better/safer school now than it was then. My guess is that is an unusual scenario.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Middle school was a huge factor in keeping our kids in private school through 8th grade. Those are definitely the toughest years of maturation for teenagers. Both daughters have moved onto high school and are exceling. Now I just have to get our boys through that phase and we'll be good.

stevesdcb

Reaction score
Bottom line......some kids are not being raised correctly. Lots of specific reasons, including the greatest babysitter of all time, violent video games. Takes a bit of giving, discipline, structure, work, morals, & love to raise a well rounded child. Too many peeps having kids who are ignorant to the above mentioned.