WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Rear view mirror mount

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Anyone ever have success with a good adhesive to reattach the tab on the glass?
Brand?
The one that came off looks like it had two sided tape.:confused: F'n insurance replaced Safelite cheapie o_O

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Anyone ever have success with a good adhesive to reattach the tab on the glass?
Brand?
The one that came off looks like it had two sided tape.:confused: F'n insurance replaced Safelite cheapie o_O
My local window shop did mine because the store bought stuff didn’t last when it got very hot. I’m not sure what they use $15 for install. Could be same stuff as stores for all I know. Still on though.

squirtnmyload

now its recording
Reaction score
The two part loctite. This is what my shop uses when they fall off.

Loctite 03325

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

squirtnmyload

now its recording
Reaction score
Make sure you get all the old glue off of the mirror button and the glass. Then scuff the side of the mirror button that the glue will be on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
7052F750-31AA-450A-8C0F-E470E3348E27.jpeg

I found this stuff really did the job on our 2001 GMC. We’re on our 4th windshield.

But even more important was after I’d glue the mounting dohicky back on not tightening the mirror to it beyond barely snug.

On a hot day it would all expand and pop off.
One time after the windshield installer mounted it - it pop’d off and took a 2” footprint of glass with it.

Several adhesives failed but this stuff excellent.

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
I had the mirror fall off one time and take a chunk of glass with it. Everything I used mounting it in a different location it would fall off. 3 times later I just bought a new windshield and whatever the guy used kept the mirror in place and hasn’t fallen off yet.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
I used a little one time use kit years ago that worked, think it was Loctite.

highvoltagehands

Laveycraft Nuera 2750
Reaction score
Windshields and Rear View Mirrors(RVM) take a lot of abuse from extreme temp fluctuations, vibration, hard knocks & UV Rays so you’ll want to use a Permatex or Loctite two part RVM mount adhesive kit that is specifically made for attaching these or you’ll be doing it again. You’ll find RVM Kits at most auto part chains.

charlyox

Reaction score
I tried the stuff from AutoZone and it didn’t work. I went to a auto glass shop and they glued it on for me for $10. Plus I wasted $10 on the AutoZone shit.

Reactions: TPC

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips guys. Wondered mostly if there was a secret glue some of you have used.
I've wondered too if scuffing the glass with some emory would help any either, what'd you think?

bk2drvr

Reaction score
there is a special adhesive for this. Go to Autozone and ask the guy/girl behind the counter. They’ve had this figured out for decades now. Strong as hell...