WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Where's Your Watering Hole?

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
o.jpg

I had a nice dive bar I liked but the authorities have closed the bars in the nearby gang areas so the thugs migrated down to it and it's become a shit hole.

Gone are the golf tourneys, $100 Super Bowl pools and happy hours. Old red naugahyde booths, dark atmosphere and oak. Nice hiding place with cool people at one time.

HD cameras and sensitive microphones are part of the police commission conditional permit now.

A restaurant bar nearby where we live I like because I know everyone and good food and excellent drinks. But it ain't cheap.

You'd never suspect it but the comical, fun bartender Abby has a B&D business on her days off. Dudes fly in from all over to get the Gimp treatment. Dick tied in a knot and popsicle sticks stuck up their ass.

Sat nights Abby's B&D "Finishers" Laura and Kelli and sit at the bar until closing then go pick up their B&D "customers" at the airport. Silent, 100 mile stare chix. Eerie.

Evidently they make some bank crushing your balls in a Harbor Freight K body Bessie clamp.

The independent owned bars are vanishing out here. A couple more will probably fold this year. $3K a month rent building sitting on a 2 million dollar piece of property won't last.

o.jpg

Wife attends nursing seminars at the Anaheim Convention Center so a few bars at the Disney Resort work for me.

Trader Sams and the Carthay Circle Lounge. Ain't cheap but a strong pour of premium booze.

Wife DD's Her GF's back to their hotels and us to the RV a few blocks away after her classes.

Where your watering hole?

Last edited:

4Waters

Reaction score
Not much of a watering hole guy but my favorite place was TGIFridays here in Simi as I knew one of the bartenders really well, considered her family. She has since passed away :( and it's not the same anymore. @TPC I'm pretty sure you know who that was, be surprised if you didn't.

Reactions: TPC

termiteguy

Reaction score
Here in lake forest all of the good places have closed down due to high rent. I guess having vacant suites is better than rent being paid by a bar. Now we stuck with restaurant bars with very high prices.

Blown Lavey

Mid week boating anyone..
Reaction score
Man not to thread cap, but this just really struck a soft spot for me. Lost my Bully to cancer about 4 months ago, and I miss him everyday. Such great companions.

Attachments

• IMG_0637.JPG
    IMG_0637.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 84

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
The junction.
Dew drop inn.
The cherry pit.
The salty dawg.
Lazy Harry's.
Rosie's place.
The coffee cup.

Just a few of the places I'm likely to enjoy an adult beverage.

Dan'l

jeepdog

Lucky jeepdog
Reaction score

Familyties

Reaction score
Number 1 is Outer Harbor at Havasu Springs, #2 is the Springs Dining at Havasu Springs and #3 is Barley Brothers Lake Havasu City at the bridge.
Other ones are Islands, Chilis and Marie Calendars

nameisbond

Reaction score
We have a program here, that wouldn't fly in the USA. Bars can join a thing called bar watch via the RCMP. The member bar can then run drivers licenses and see any criminal activity. They can also see the gang database. Based on this info, they can refuse service. Courts have ruled this constitutional. Keeps the riff raff out of our dive bars. I still like seedy strip clubs. But my favorite is now closed and being torn down. My second favorite is also closed now.

bonesfab

Reaction score
I used to wash dishes for Mike back in high school (1979) I think his boy still owns it...great bar, I love the ice on top of bar to keep drinks cold....

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

small world. Yes Geno still owns it.

RVRKID

Reaction score
Roadhouse
September’s
The Heights
HK’s
Chili’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
Wish Lloyd's in Running Springs was still around...

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
o.jpg

I had a nice dive bar I liked but the authorities have closed the bars in the nearby gang areas so the thugs migrated down to it and it's become a shit hole.

Gone are the golf tourneys, $100 Super Bowl pools and happy hours. Old red naugahyde booths, dark atmosphere and oak. Nice hiding place with cool people at one time.

HD cameras and sensitive microphones are part of the police commission conditional permit now.

A restaurant bar nearby where we live I like because I know everyone and good food and excellent drinks. But it ain't cheap.

You'd never suspect it but the comical, fun bartender Abby has a B&D business on her days off. Dudes fly in from all over to get the Gimp treatment. Dick tied in a knot and popsicle sticks stuck up their ass.

Sat nights Abby's B&D "Finishers" Laura and Kelli and sit at the bar until closing then go pick up their B&D "customers" at the airport. Silent, 100 mile stare chix. Eerie.

Evidently they make some bank crushing your balls in a Harbor Freight K body Bessie clamp.

The independent owned bars are vanishing out here. A couple more will probably fold this year. $3K a month rent building sitting on a 2 million dollar piece of property won't last.

o.jpg

Wife attends nursing seminars at the Anaheim Convention Center so a few bars at the Disney Resort work for me.

Trader Sams and the Carthay Circle Lounge. Ain't cheap but a strong pour of premium booze.

Wife DD's Her GF's back to their hotels and us to the RV a few blocks away after her classes.

Where your watering hole?
Pics of Abby officially requested... :D

CJ_Donahue

Reaction score
My favorite watering hole is above my refrigerator. I just feel more comfortable drinking at home these days. Funny thing is my house has a wet bar but when we moved in my kids were young so we kept alcohol out of reach. My kids are older now but the routine is alcohol gets stored above the fridge.

sirbob

Reaction score
Our only go to is Nomads.

Nice patio
Dog friendly
Nice owners
The staff knows our drink order...

07BE1938-7530-4CEA-9285-11B87571E4D7.jpeg
EDD5EC26-5B65-463D-B283-53E3AFF27AD2.jpeg

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Billy's by the bay, shamrock bosscats and on the rocks in Newport

Auld Dubliner Tustin

The blue door Anaheim

Used to love going to the pilsner room in Irvine. It was our cheers closed now.

Left coast brewing in Irvine.

Bru, pub 32 in lake Forest/mission Viejo. I will second that all the dive bars here are gone.

The pub, pounders and stone in Escondido.

Barrell republic in oside

Slide bar and back alley down town Fullerton.

The district Danny ks the pump room and O'Hara's in orange

The green girl saloon Westminster. By far the hottest chicks in a bikini bar in OC... They be pirate hookers though lol.

I may drink too much...

TeamGreene

Reaction score
My patio with a game on or music, smoker going and the wife looking all kinds of hot.

Advantage 1

Reaction score
O'side has quite a bit of watering holes... when I lived downtown, for years I would hit Breakwater Brewery weekly. Great beer [brewed in the back] and killer menu.

As of late, I've been spending more time in OC and have been introduced to some places in and around Rancho Santa Margarita. Trabuco Oaks, M&C's and a placed called Tapas & Beer.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
O'side has quite a bit of watering holes... when I lived downtown, for years I would hit Breakwater Brewery weekly. Great beer [brewed in the back] and killer menu.

As of late, I've been spending more time in OC and have been introduced to some places in and around Rancho Santa Margarita. Trabuco Oaks, M&C's and a placed called Tapas & Beer.

Trabuco oaks and Rosa's cantina are awesome back in the canyon.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Rosa's.... Yes! Girlfriend took me there too... really good fajitas and cold beer! Definitely a cool vibe back in the canyon.

Once summertime hits check out hacienda on the lake. Bitchen outdoor spot on lake mission Viejo. It's not cheap but it's a cool bar on the water.

Pattle

Reaction score
The closest spot we like is Wise Guys in Orange, although it can be a bit pricey and their small bar area means we can't always sit there. The most common place we go to, though, is Board and Brew in Anaheim since it has great happy hour beer prices 7 days a week.

Years ago, our regular spot was El Conejo in Irvine. Cheap Mexican food and really cheap pitchers. We'd sit on the patio and watch the traffic antics on Jeffrey and Walnut. They closed and it became a Thai place. That was a total bummer for us.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Outback Steakhouse. I just looked at my AppleCard and it tracks my spending and in November-December -January I’ve spent $2500 there.:eek:

BajaMike

Reaction score
Cactus Jacks in Palm Desert on Hwy 111.......every drink is a double for $6.50. Great food, best prime rib in the valley.

And also, Roc’s Firehouse, always good, out by I-10 in Palm Desert, Cook Street off ramp.

bigriver48

Aloha mr hand
Reaction score
I like “the point” in Dana point
Also Turks

I mostly go to the pizza store in laguna hills though for pitchers and wings

Carrera205

Reaction score
Sandpiper in Laguna.Shocked me the first time i went in there because its the dirtiest dive bar. Dicks drawn in the bathrooms and all. I was like baby I found my new spot! Or the bar at Javier's Newport Coast and the bar at Pelican Hill when we want to be more refined.

Carrera205

Reaction score
I like “the point” in Dana point
Also Turks

I mostly go to the pizza store in laguna hills though for pitchers and wings

Turks is cool as hell. Gona have to check out "pizza store" do they have arcade games for the kids?

getoffmylawn

Reaction score
River City Taphouse- Priest River ID

The Klondyke- LaClede ID

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Not really a bar but good ole Keno’s in AH.
Go there about 5 times a year and always run into old neighbors from my YL days.
Drinks are strong and the lounge has an old school vibe...

bigriver48

Aloha mr hand
Reaction score
Turks is cool as hell. Gona have to check out "pizza store" do they have arcade games for the kids?

I think they have a couple games for kids there, not a lot. My wife says they also have a claw game. It’s in the Ralphs shopping center in PD Valencia and Alicia.
We love the pizza. I mostly do wings , Wednesday is “wing Wednesday “ 50 cent wings . Sports are always on, a lot of tv’s.

CJ_Donahue

Reaction score
The closest spot we like is Wise Guys in Orange, although it can be a bit pricey and their small bar area means we can't always sit there. The most common place we go to, though, is Board and Brew in Anaheim since it has great happy hour beer prices 7 days a week.

Years ago, our regular spot was El Conejo in Irvine. Cheap Mexican food and really cheap pitchers. We'd sit on the patio and watch the traffic antics on Jeffrey and Walnut. They closed and it became a Thai place. That was a total bummer for us.

We walk to Wiseguys. Not only is it the best pizza in OC but you can't get a DUI walking.

Pattle

Reaction score
We walk to Wiseguys. Not only is it the best pizza in OC but you can't get a DUI walking.

That's awesome. We're just under 2 miles away in OPA, near Santiago and Meads. I do miss the college days of being able to walk to the local bar. I haven't lived close enough to one since then, many moons ago.

termiteguy

Reaction score
We do sammy's original in lake forest live horse betting for the wife cold beer for me. Also live music on Friday and Saturday nights food is ok