WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Travel passes

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
Travel/fuel passes are being distributed to “critical” industries as we speak

Expect a national shelter in place this weekend.

hallett21

Reaction score
Do we have a definition or list of critical industries?

I’m an electrical contractor and my wife is a nurse practitioner. I know her badge qualifies in times of emergency.

Do I just log in to www.fuckcorona.com to get my pass?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gqchris

Reaction score
Everyone can make a point of their job being “critical”

Im in IT. When we shut off Facebook at work, everyone makes a point how its “critical”, and low and behold, the CEO turns it back on. Same shit here.

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
Do we have a definition or list of critical industries?

I’m an electrical contractor and my wife is a nurse practitioner. I know her badge qualifies in times of emergency.

Do I just log in to www.fuckcorona.com to get my pass?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
F078F318-9311-499C-9CFA-C77727438379.jpeg

LowRiver2

Reaction score
No one is going to stop normal people in LA. If you are a worker you are good to go.

Low life’s congregating in parks and after 10pm, they get stopped.
Basically turning Police Work back to 2002 for bad guys (in LA), not commenting for anywhere else.
And if anyone thinks the Natl. Guard is going to stop cars in LA, think again. I worked the 92’ riots. Guard guys do what they are ordered. They are a support element which is appreciated but they do not supersede on local enforcement actions.
Reality

Last edited:

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
My work is considered necessary for national defense and communication.

With that we have been able to keep suppliers in the bay area open.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
My wife’s company processes close to $3 quadrillion in stock trades annually.

Nearly all domestic, and many international, trades happen over their data pipes.

If they shut down, so do the global markets.

Thankfully there’s no sign of them closing doors.
And hopefully they won’t be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Travel/fuel passes are being distributed to “critical” industries as we speak

Expect a national shelter in place this weekend.

What does this even mean? "Travel/fuel passes"

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
What does this even mean? "Travel/fuel passes"

I'm wondering if it means the same thing as when he said the CA border would be sealed off days ago, and said spring break was cancelled in Havasu?

All the people in bars all over down aren't on RDP and didnt get the memo I guess.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
No one is going to stop normal people in LA. If you are a worker you are good to go.

Basically turning Police Work back to 2002 for bad guys (in LA), not commenting for anywhere else.
And if anyone thinks the Natl. Guard is going to stop cars in LA, think again. I worked the 92’ riots. Guard guys do what they are ordered. They are a support element which is appreciated but they do not supersede on local enforcement actions.
Reality
Will Guard basically be posted up in high density areas? I guess kind of as "Backup" ?
Kind of curious how it works. In 1992, the last time I remember them being in this kind of deal, I was in high school. At that age my "critical functions" were all about females...so I didn't pay attention to what was happening 30 miles west.
Looking back, yeah...still happier with what I was doing
:p

Singleton

Reaction score
If anything I see night time curfew from 8pm to 6am heading our direction. With almost all stores closing around 6, no reason to be out at night unless you are medical / first responder

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
If anything I see night time curfew from 8pm to 6am heading our direction. With almost all stores closing around 6, no reason to be out at night unless you are medical / first responder

Much more logical. It is obvious they are ratcheting all this up in stages. To go from where we are to a national shelter in place would be devastating.

Last edited:

Singleton

Reaction score
Much more logical. It is obvious they are ratcheting all this up in stages. do go from where we are to a national shelter in place would be devastating.

positive tests will continue to go up. Reacting to the increase in positive cases, is not good.

Now if the rate of hospitizations and deaths grow at the same rate as positive cases, look out for city shelter in place in those areas and potential for National as well

ChiliPepperGarage

Well Known RDP Cart Returner
Reaction score
As a firefighter/EMT I guess I can just badge them (although I have no idea who "them" might be) and will be allowed to travel. Not that I have anywhere to go unless we get a call. Woke up to this so not going to go anywhere anyway (unless I just want to play and do some snow wheeling)! Supposed to be back up into the 60's by Saturday though so probably won't last long.

IMG_7815.JPG
IMG_7820.JPG
IMG_7807.JPG

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Will Guard basically be posted up in high density areas? I guess kind of as "Backup" ?
Kind of curious how it works. In 1992, the last time I remember them being in this kind of deal, I was in high school. At that age my "critical functions" were all about females...so I didn't pay attention to what was happening 30 miles west.
Looking back, yeah...still happier with what I was doing
:p

For the most part the Guard this time will be a logistics /security entity.
Logistics AND security for hospitals if there becomes a rush with Ill citizens.

Security for food delivery, grocery stores IF the food chain supply becomes fractured (more than it is now)
Yes, large cities is where they will most likely be deployed.
Remember, Guard folks are all part timers and very few young ones with Ahole attitudes.
While it is stressful to know we are gong to this, it will most likely not affect 80% or more of RDP peeps. This is part of keeping the crowds in big cities at bay.
Only Natl. Guard in OC will be the actual Guard members leaving their homes to serve lol.
(Might end up at OC hospitals at the most)

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score

That happened on Kauai yesterday.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Oddly enough, our 2 big stores out here, Wallyworld and Costco, have changed their hours 6am to 6pm I believe. Slowly, it seems the traffic and panic is subsiding up here...then again, it snowed last night, we have power outages and a major watermain broke yesterday.. so the sky may be falling again today. Haven't left the property :rolleyes:

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Oddly enough, our 2 big stores out here, Wallyworld and Costco, have changed their hours 6am to 6pm I believe. Slowly, it seems the traffic and panic is subsiding up here...then again, it snowed last night, we have power outages and a major watermain broke yesterday.. so the sky may be falling again today. Haven't left the property :rolleyes:
The Costco by me opens at 8am-9am for 60 and over.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
The Costco by me opens at 8am-9am for 60 and over.
Not being 60, don't know what they do here. It would be F'n packed though. The demographics are pretty skewed up here. High percentage of retirees. Also makes the Vets hospital and other two hospitals go on high alert. Havasu and Phoenix people speak of snowbirds...here it's just normal 8am to 4pm traffic.

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
I have been told that if I am out and about that I need to have my DL, TWIC card and company badge.

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
I am a paramedic in south riverside county, and everyday we track our call volume. Over the past 3 weeks we have not seen any major increase. The only trending that has been noted is that the high call volume times of the day has shifted a little but the bottom number hasnt yet. The only issue found at the local hospitals is that the few that do come in that could be covid candidates take longer to treat and screen, but other than that it is business as usual

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

boataholic

Reaction score
I'm wondering if it means the same thing as when he said the CA border would be sealed off days ago, and said spring break was cancelled in Havasu?

All the people in bars all over down aren't on RDP and didnt get the memo I guess.
Are company issued them earlier this week, which came from homeland security.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
Everyone can make a point of their job being “critical”

Im in IT. When we shut off Facebook at work, everyone makes a point how its “critical”, and low and behold, the CEO turns it back on. Same shit here.

Fuk if we could just turn off facebook to the whole world permanently the hype and panic wouldn't be near as bad as it is right now!! Not to mention the world would be a much better place!!

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
So end of business today, no direction to carry papers or vouchers, just a see you tomorrow from the boss.

People need to check their shit before sounding off.

Joker

Reaction score
Let’s assume this were to occur and we would happen to be in Bullhead for the weekend. This essentially would mean we can’t get back to our vacation home in ca since we are IDd Az residents?

boataholic

Reaction score
Let’s assume this were to occur and we would happen to be in Bullhead for the weekend. This essentially would mean we can’t get back to our vacation home in ca since we are IDd Az residents?
Lol... From what I understood, if enforced it would give the ability to drive throughout curfew hours

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

boatpi

Reaction score
I have heard from two sources the National Guard will be deployed in California beginning this weekend

but the point is for what their powers are very limited almost nonexistent it basically a face and a uniform to support local law-enforcement.

attitude

Reaction score
I received my “access and fuel” letters on Tuesday, I work in the telecom engineering field.

Singleton

Reaction score
CA just issued Stay at Home order state wide.
shit is going to be ugly at the store tomorrow

Gelcoater

Reaction score

Reality
I know some members have given you some shit (more so than normal) in recent days.
Some of us do appreciate your posts.
Thank you.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Talked with my boss About 20 minutes ago. He said business as usual unless the field gets shut down. Just got 2 e mails from the GCs saying those projects are being shut down. :mad: