WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Help me stop this virus!

bentprops

Reaction score
If we ALL wear a mask we can end this in 30days. Don't have one? Make one out of an old sweater or use a handkerchief. If you do have it (might not even know it) you won't be spreading it. If you don't It will lessen the chance of getting it as bad by reducing the viral load even if its by 50% this is huge. I don't think people understand how bad this is going to be. Instead of martial law Id like to just see them impose stiff fines for anyone not wearing something.

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
@bentprops in the basement right now

CE9953C6-636F-4E53-A8DA-DF92B9DCC528.jpeg

NicPaus

Reaction score
I have been passing them out today along with rubber gloves. I wish I would of bought more last month when Costco started carrying them. I always have a box in each truck for work.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Mask does not matter. It only prevents the spread from the wearer. Only thing that really helps is hand hygiene. It’s transmitted by droplet, similar to the flu, but lives on surfaces for 24-72h+ depending on what study you reference.
If you have a properly fitted N95 mask, the transmission drops a bit, but most people don’t understand proper PPE etiquette and will inadvertently expose themselves.
In conclusion, practice hand hygiene and social distancing. (I’m a RN on the front lines prepared for the worst)

Long Way Home

Dog Days of Summer!
Reaction score
Put simply there's currently no cure for the coronavirus, Only Prevention.
Bad Hygiene Habits will help it spread.
The best way to slow transmission is by cleaning and disinfect your work/living/car area, washing your hands often, avoiding close contact with people, stay away from people who are sick, and staying home if you’re sick.

LAZARUS

Essential Inmate Down
Reaction score
I agree with OP. Stay the fuck home! And when you do venture out to the grocery store, gas station or hospital (only places you need to go) wear a mask and gloves when possible. These people that think this time off of work is a great time to get out and stretch the legs are COVIDiots.

bentprops

Reaction score
Mask does not matter. It only prevents the spread from the wearer. Only thing that really helps is hand hygiene. It’s transmitted by droplet, similar to the flu, but lives on surfaces for 24-72h+ depending on what study you reference.
If you have a properly fitted N95 mask, the transmission drops a bit, but most people don’t understand proper PPE etiquette and will inadvertently expose themselves.
In conclusion, practice hand hygiene and social distancing. (I’m a RN on the front lines prepared for the worst)
So is my wife!
Look at South Korea, they have all but stopped it and the flu. Everyone is wearing mask some sort of mask.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
The hospital workers crying about wearing masks are looking for attention. Those in COVID units are wearing positive pressure apparatuses. For the rest of us, its not needed. Yes, a PROPERLY FITTED N95 mask does reduce the spread, but a typical face mask does absolutely nothing for protection. It’s mostly social media whores looking for attention who are posting mask propaganda. Again, HAND HYGIENE is the BEST solution.

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
cv.png

I was sent this today. Also, a mask keeps you the wearer from touching your mouth and nose. Most people contaminate themselves when they remove their mask and gloves. It takes practice.

bentprops

Reaction score
Put simply there's currently no cure for the coronavirus, Only Prevention.
Bad Hygiene Habits will help it spread.
The best way to slow transmission is by cleaning and disinfect your work/living/car area, washing your hands often, avoiding close contact with people, stay away from people who are sick, and staying home if you’re sick.
Asymptomatic up 27 days. What you say sounds good but it don't mean S&!% if you don't know you have it.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
So is my wife!
Look at South Korea, they have all but stopped it and the flu. Everyone is wearing mask some sort of mask.
Asians wear masks regularly. It is the culture there. Again, a regular face mask, or bandanna, does NOTHING to stop the spread of the virus. Shelter in place is the best thing most can do.

bentprops

Reaction score
The hospital workers crying about wearing masks are looking for attention. Those in COVID units are wearing positive pressure apparatuses. For the rest of us, its not needed. Yes, a PROPERLY FITTED N95 mask does reduce the spread, but a typical face mask does absolutely nothing for protection. It’s mostly social media whores looking for attention who are posting mask propaganda. Again, HAND HYGIENE is the BEST solution.
If a masks even helps 50% ant that worth it? We need to slow this thing down so hospitals don't get over run.

bentprops

Reaction score
I agree stay home but if you have to go out we are all better off if we are all wearing masks.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
That's funny...that's what some people are saying but if that's the case why do hospital workers need them?

Mask filters down to .3 micron, virus is .1 micron.

So do the math. It’s like trying to walk through a doorway someone is standing in.

The mask is a help, but not foolproof.

bentprops

Reaction score
Are you saying im a social media whore? Iv been on RD 3X as long as you and only have 1/3 the comments. I chime in when its important, and this is by far the most important thing iv ever discussed on RD.

4Waters

Reaction score
It can get into your body through your mouth, nose or eyes, if you are wearing a mask that covers your nose and mouth that takes 2/3 of the transmission paths out. I do agree that the masks do need to be properly fitted as I have been fitted many times and they will help protect you from getting the virus if you wear a properly fitted N95 mask.

Just so you know when someone is wearing a mask and they cough or sneeze it actually slightly pushes the mask off of the face for a split second and the droplets are now in the air for you to breathe in, that is why you should be wearing a mask or anyone else should be wearing a mask if they choose to.

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
Worst part about going out are the dipshits that do not understand 6 feet or the concept of social distancing. Stay back people be patient.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
If a masks even helps 50% ant that worth it? We need to slow this thing down so hospitals don't get over run.
Once again, wearing a (standard) mask will only prevent the spread if those infected are wearing the mask. 99% of people do not understand how to wear PPE and PROPERLY REMOVE IT. PRACTICE HAND HYGIENE AND AVOID TOUCHING YOUR FACE! But what do I know, I’m just a supervisor in a ventilator unit in the largest level 1 trauma center in PHX. This virus isn’t a death sentence for those in good health, it is a severe respiratory flu. Stay home and reducing your exposure is the best thing you can do.

BingerFang

Reaction score
Survival of the fittest 😎

totally kidding... I have elderly people in my family I worry about, but they are smart and are staying home. No one is allowed over, not even immediate family. Full lockdown, no chances.

bentprops

Reaction score
Once again, wearing a (standard) mask will only prevent the spread if those infected are wearing the mask.
There you go, that is what Im trying to get at. If we all wear something it will help. Especially with people being asymptomatic up 27 days

4Waters

Reaction score
Worst part about going out are the dipshits that do not understand 6 feet or the concept of social distancing. Stay back people be patient.
You aren't kidding, people constantly walking up to us at work, I've been either in my truck or on a piece of equipment so they walk up to someone else. I used to be paid to be exposed to this shit (1st responder) that's not my job anymore, stay the fuk away. I've been exposed to tuberculosis several times and once (the call was for vomiting) the guy coughed right in my face and splattered me in blood, I knew I was fuked put a mask on and transported. The guy was dead in an hour and I tested negative.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
There you go, that is what Im trying to get at. If we all wear something it will help. Especially with people being asymptomatic up 27 days
Again, wearing a mask is not a bad idea, but it will not prevent the spread. The limited availability of masks will only make things worse if people continue to hoard them. Proper hand hygiene is the best defense most people have, in addition to social distancing and STAYING AT HOME. Again, this is a severe strain of the flu (in layman terms)

NicPaus

Reaction score
Thanks for the info Bowtie . If someone does not know they have it then everyone wearing a mask should be a good thing. As they could be spreading it and not knowing? Let's not argue hear but get out info that can benefit the rest.

bentprops

Reaction score
Ill just back to what I know,,, Math, and right now the math says we are seriously F@&#ed I suspect north of 15mil will die in the US alone.

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
Since testing is limited, some good may come from wearing a mask. I'd rather have an N95 on with some gloves than not have it. We are staying home, but did have to go out to supply our parents with food. Mask, gloves and avoiding people as much as possible.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
If people would stay at home, this would pass quickly. The decreased numbers in China are a reflection on decreased testing, the virus is still out there. Luckily the virus does not propegate in the AZ and SoCal environments. There is a certain preferred temp and humidity range the virus prefers, and it is shown in the cities it ravages. If you ate at risk with respiratory issues, STAY HOME. For the majority, it is not an issue. Again, SHELTER IN PLACE AND PRACTICE HAND HYGIENE. That is all.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
N
Are you saying im a social media whore? Iv been on RD 3X as long as you and only have 1/3 the comments. I chime in when its important, and this is by far the most important thing iv ever discussed on RD.
I am not accusing you of anything. And I was a longtime lurker prior to joining. I’m simply giving advice based on the briefings I’ve recieved and the knowledge of multiple pulmonologists I’ve spoken to about this virus. I’m not going to spread panic, only facts, to my family here on RDP. If I receive other info I will pass it on to the inmates accordingly.

BingerFang

Reaction score
Asians wear masks regularly. It is the culture there. Again, a regular face mask, or bandanna, does NOTHING to stop the spread of the virus. Shelter in place is the best thing most can do.

From what I understand Asians wear masks when they are sick out of courtesy so they do not get other people sick.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Let it be known, AZ is prepared for covid-19. The major hospitals have units ready for the onslaught, this is not NY. We are prepared and ready. The actual number of patients who are positive is low. We have been briefed and are ready to respond. I do not want to spread panic. I am on the front lines and am ready. Next 2 weeks are crucial.

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
Director of Oregon State Military Emergencies Is a customer of mine and they seem to think this is going to peak around april 8 or somewhere in the 2nd week of april. At least in our area. And then start declining. So imo I think the 15mil dead in the US as stated above it a little out of line (at least I hope so). He has been pretty spot on with any other info he has given me so I tend to trust his info.

Reactions: DWC

4Waters

Reaction score
Director of Oregon State Military Emergencies Is a customer of mine and they seem to think this is going to peak around april 8 or somewhere in the 2nd week of april. At least in our area. And then start declining. So imo I think the 15mil dead in the US as stated above it a little out of line (at least I hope so). He has been pretty spot on with any other info he has given me so I tend to trust his info.
That's what I'm thinking, I believe we will start to see the peak NO earlier than the end of next week.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Mid April is the current projected peak. I do not see 15m casualties as of yet. The majority will be those that have comorbidities, for those in good health, there is little to fear. Lots of kids and those in good heath will be infected and not know it- becoming carriers. Keep those in poor health separated and safe. My mother had COPD and I have not visited her in 2 weeks and refuse to let my 8yo son see her.

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
Let it be known, AZ is prepared for covid-19. The major hospitals have units ready for the onslaught, this is not NY. We are prepared and ready. The actual number of patients who are positive is low. We have been briefed and are ready to respond. I do not want to spread panic. I am on the front lines and am ready. Next 2 weeks are crucial.
What area are you in?

I watch daily numbers, so far not increasing very quickly in the state, but Parker now has two listed cases, and I am reasonably sure I know of one other confirmed here that apparently is not on the state page.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
All I will say is, I will continue to forward any information I receive on this threat to the inmates as I receive it. I am not going to spread false panic. As I learn more (daily) I will spread the info to my family on RDP. Stay safe, everyone. My wife and I are exposed everyday. I will do my best to keep the forum safe.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
What area are you in?

I watch daily numbers, so far not increasing very quickly in the state, but Parker now has two listed cases, and I am reasonably sure I know of one other confirmed here that apparently is not on the state page.
I am in PHX, at St. Joes hospital. Most of the cases from across the the state are transferred here. I will keep everyone updated as I get more info.

4Waters

Reaction score
What area are you in?

We've gone from 19 cases to 83 cases here in Ventura County in 4 days with 3 deaths. All 3 were in their 70's with underlying conditions.

NicPaus

Reaction score
What area are you in?

Saw this. Foxs was packed glad I stayed under my mobile redoing the plumbing. Instead of going out drinking and socializing. Screenshot_20200327-203439_Samsung Internet.jpg

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Yeah..... 15 million is beyond ridiculous at the rate this is going.

And as just about every single professional has stated, wearing a mask in general use doen not do much at all. When I was in Target in Burbank last weekend probably about 30% of the people in there had masks and 80% of those had gloves on as well.just about every single one did SOMETHING that completely negated the PPE they wear wearing. Weather it was just a dust mask, an obviously extremely soiled mask, touching their eyes/glasses, or any other number of things. Not a single one of them was really doing anything to help anybody with any of that shit.

Btw, medical professionals wear masks in hospitals cause they dont have the luxury of distance from known carriers. Their coughs and sneezes are right in their faces and no other reliable way to avoid it besides the PPE.

This whole thing has really shown the complete and total lack of common sense in the world today.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
Saw this. Foxs was packed glad I stayed under my mobile redoing the plumbing. Instead of going out drinking and socializing. View attachment 859926
I haven't been to one of the bars for a couple of weeks, on purpose.

Supposedly they are notifying people who may have been contacted, no confirmation of that. I guess if they were in Big Bend, they would not show up in the La Paz County count. I personally know of one case in La Paz County currently, possibly a 2nd in that household. That person apparently contracted the virus in Louisiana at a wedding, and got notice on Sunday that they may have been infected, since 5 others at the wedding had tested positive. Sure enough, brought it to Parker and currently is in quarantine, but believe also may have been at a couple of the bars prior to getting notified that others at the wedding had come down with it. People don't know they have it until too late, that's why it's imperative to stay isolated. Hard to believe they had spring break stuff going on at Havasu a week ago.

NicPaus

Reaction score
I went to 1 bar the weekend before and kept my distance. The bartender said she had it a month ago. Cough then fever then pneumonia. She then mentioned she was dragging ass at work for 2 weeks after. Who knows how many people she exposed.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
So is my wife!
My daughter lives near Seoul and it was dealt with very quickly. Government issued specific days based on birthdate to obtain free masks weekly, 2 per week was the allowance. No hoarding of masks, TP or any of the frantic behavior like us Americans.

whipple charged

Reaction score
This was posted on here..
So whats the difference??
There has been so much stuff in the history the last 70yrs.
So why is it bigger????
Maybe cause social media and fagbook is bigger then ever??

Attachments

• swineflu.jpg
    swineflu.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 115

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Unfortunately, we can’t control the masses like they can in China or korea, so our numbers will be much worse. How much worse is yet to be seen.

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
No worries I got the cure in IV form
s-l400-2.jpg

Sorry.. just trying to lighten the mood. We are all in this together and there is no one person better than the other. Just do what you can and what you think is best for you and your family!! That's all we can do!