WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

This is why gun stores need to stay open

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Posted on the Long Beach FB page...new police protocol due to CV:

Examples of calls that will temporarily be responded to via phone include, but are not limited to:

Lost or found property:
Theft or attempted theft (loss is under $5,000)
Forgery and identity theft reports
Misdemeanor vandalism (damage is under $900)

Sounds to me like the only thing LE will give a shit about moving forward is folks "illegally" being on the beach or in other such restricted areas....crime?....that's OK...just keep it under $5000.

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
FACT:Saturday 3/28
“President Trump’s Department of Homeland Security released updated guidelines naming gun manufacturers and retailers as essential on Saturday, which means they are to stay open and operational nationwide during a Chinese coronavirus shutdown.”

lbhsbz

Reaction score
“President Trump’s Department of Homeland Security released updated guidelines naming gun manufacturers and retailers as essential on Saturday, which means they are to stay open and operational nationwide during a Chinese coronavirus shutdown.”

While true, you may have missed my point

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Point was Trump had decided gun business considered “Essential”.I have no intention to discuss or debate at this point.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Point was Trump had decided gun business considered “Essential”.I have no intention to discuss or debate at this point.
My point was law enforcement stated they won’t do their job.

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
I seldom start a thread,should have put up a thread.Just picked your thread to post news about Gun business.I respect your opinions always interesting. 👍

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score

Thank you for the clarity. That is great news!!!

Meanwhile....back to original thread......looks like everything that I own is now valued over $5k these days. :thumpup:

FishSniper

Reaction score
As it should be.

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
Do you have a link to the facebook page? I have some friends that I would like to tag.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
Almost bet that half the peeps trying to buy now were on the fence or
Anti 2A before all this. Not that it should matter, but a little more help prior to this store situation and these closures may not have happened. NRA, CRPA, phone calls and letters.

Jimmy

Reaction score
Thought you guys would froth over this
Screenshot_20200331-125620.png

LowRiver2

Reaction score

Examples of calls that will temporarily be responded to via phone include, but are not limited to:

Lost or found property:

Sounds to me like the only thing LE will give a shit about moving forward is folks "illegally" being on the beach or in other such restricted areas....crime?....that's OK...just keep it under $5000.

Let’s get your facts straight
1. LASD Sheriff told ALL LA County Police Chiefs it’s up to each city to keep gun stores open, Sheriff can only close gun shops contracted to use LASD and unincorporated cities LASD patrols.
Culver City and Burbank have fun stores open, but I’d go to ammo Bro’s in Ontario over that

2. Every So Cal agency has adjusted what calls they roll on so they get less Cops infected.

LAPD has 179Cops In quarentine as of tonight , 22 confirmed with it.
One of our Cops who is home with it allegedly got into a gun batte with a an armed car thief at 1am this morning in the valley.

Burglary/residential theft is down ( I wonder why?)
By 5% or more pretty much across the 5 southern counties.

No one including Cops like rolling on less calls but unlike nursing students , we can’t throw a gun on academy recruits with one month training and toss them into Southeast Division, just never ends well.

Royally PO'd

Reaction score
I hope they stay open, I can't make the " one shot, one kill anymore. I have to throw out a lead wall.

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
I can't remember an RDP member who shot/killed somebody to save their life or family.
More have been robbed white collar style.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
1. LASD Sheriff told ALL LA County Police Chiefs it’s up to each city to keep gun stores open, Sheriff can only close gun shops contracted to use LASD and unincorporated cities LASD patrols.
Culver City and Burbank have fun stores open, but I’d go to ammo Bro’s in Ontario over that

2. Every So Cal agency has adjusted what calls they roll on so they get less Cops infected.

One of our Cops who is home with it allegedly got into a gun batte with a an armed car thief at 1am this morning in the valley.

No one including Cops like rolling on less calls but unlike nursing students , we can’t throw a gun on academy recruits with one month training and toss them into Southeast Division, just never ends well.

thats not what i learned in police academy... The movie...

rrrr

Reaction score
Meanwhile, in Texas...

On Friday, March 27th, the attorney general issued a ruling that gun stores are essential businesses. They are allowed to stay open regular hours, and no city, municipality, or county can dictate otherwise.

A related fact I wasn't aware of until today...a new state law went into effect on 9/01/2019. It forbids cities, municipalities, and counties from enacting any law restricting ownership of firearms or closing gun stores. The state has primacy in all firearm related issues.

Another state law went into effect the same day, it prohibits any city, municipality, or county from enacting laws that provide sanctuary status to those entities. Texas is now officially a non-sanctuary state.

The left keeps saying they can turn Texas. There hasn't been a Democrat elected to statewide office in almost 30 years. I'm hoping there will be a huge turnout of Republican voters in November that put a stake in the heart of this vampire.

lbhsbz

Reaction score

here’s another fact...the crime stats are BS since many times...at least around here, LEO refuses to even take a report. In light of this, many victims of minor theft or crimes have given up even calling them in because they see it as a waste of time...which in many cases, it is.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
here’s another fact...the crime stats are BS since many times...at least around here, LEO refuses to even take a report. In light of this, many victims of minor theft or crimes have given up even calling them in because they see it as a waste of time...which in many cases, it is.
Well,
I’d be at city council meetings when this is over, locking up my stuff, and or moving to a lower crime area.
We all have options vs just complaining.

Ballyhoo

Reaction score

Lost or found property:

First, there is no LEGAL requirement for cops to respond to anything-Policies=YES, legally required=NO.

Second, I am pro 2A and believe that all gun shops should stay open.

LBPD is NOT saying that they are not going to do their job rather what they are doing is having people phone in reports of certain crimes, AFTER they have occurred. This means that its not an progress crime and no bad guys on scene. This makes total sense right now for these types of incidents. Keep in mind that many departments have done this for years. Some include NOT responding to non injury, no criminal traffic accidents (LAPD.)

So if you are a victim of one their listed crimes, they will take a report over the phone and forward it to their detective unit. Agencies that still respond to all low level after the fact reports of crime are providing a high level of customer service. This is great in normal times and if your city has the money to properly fund their cops. Right now cops just don't need all the added exposure when a report over the phone is sufficient.

Cops are only mandated reporters in certain instances. In all other cases they go to calls, evaluate the situation and apply the best option for that situation. It doesn't always mean that they take a report or make an arrest. Imagine if the took every report that they could, arrested everyone one that committed a crime or cited every traffic violator. You pay your cops to use their judgment not to act like robots. As always, if you don't like the service you get I would encourage you to talk to the cops on scene first. If you are not satisfied after that, talk to a supervisor.

As far as beaches and other restricted places go, your cops will only be doing what your elected city leaders ask of them. If your mayor wants folks jacked up and cited for being on the beach, LBPD will have to oblige. That is the way it works. If it is happening, you can call your city leaders and let them know that you don't like it.

Last edited:

LowRiver2

Reaction score
LAPD LAX detail car being Decontaminated after transporting a Covid-19 arrestee today
New challenges a lot of you are lucky to not have to deal with
5B99B6EE-7DC2-4E44-9338-3C64526AA027.jpeg

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
LAPD LAX detail car being Decontaminated after transporting a Covid-19 arrestee today
New challenges a lot of you are lucky to not have to deal with
View attachment 861326

Just so we're clear LR. I don't think anyone is bagging you or your boys, we are just pissed at the vulnerability we and our families face now that you and your boys deal with an overwhelming case load and occupational risk.

I know I respect and appreciate the job you do on a daily basis, especially during these times.

To all LEO, keep giving em hell and stay safe, the country needs you!!

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Just so we're clear LR. I don't think anyone is bagging you or your boys, we are just pissed at the vulnerability we and our families face now that you and your boys deal with an overwhelming case load and occupational risk.

I know I respect and appreciate the job you do on a daily basis, especially during these times.

To all LEO, keep giving em hell and stay safe, the country needs you!!
Here’s the deal:
NO GUN STORES ARE CLOSED NOW
Trump just said they are essential
It’s a mute point
As to getting a gun or ammo? Thank a hoarder if none available and if any RDP member is in need of a gun now, they are too under prepared to own a boat or off road toy. You have to have a damn plan to do either, why would you not already have weapons and ammo.

As I posted; a shit ton of people are home right now, pretty damn unlikely someone is going to mess with your home or cars but it does happen

How about sell some toys and move to a nicer “
less crime area?
Long Beach has some decent neighborhoods but you are surrounded by poverty. That is no revelation.
Start a neighborhood watch group,make your pad unwelcome for crooks so they move on elsewhere .
Common Sense 101
Can’t blame everyone else for your problems.
I grew up in Guadala habra. Guess what ? I moved to a nicer/secure area but I drive an old slow boat
Priorities

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
Here’s the deal:
NO GUN STORES ARE CLOSED NOW
Trump just said they are essential
It’s a mute point
As to getting a gun or ammo? Thank a hoarder if none available and if any RDP member is in need of a gun now, they are too under prepared to own a boat or off road toy. You have to have a damn plan to do either, why would you not already have weapons and ammo.

As I posted; a shit ton of people are home right now, pretty damn unlikely someone is going to mess with your home or cars but it does happen

How about sell some toys and move to a nicer “
less crime area?
Long Beach has some decent neighborhoods but you are surrounded by poverty. That is no revelation.
Start a neighborhood watch group,make your pad unwelcome for crooks so they move on elsewhere .
Common Sense 101
Can’t blame everyone else for your problems.
I grew up in Guadala habra. Guess what ? I moved to a nicer/secure area but I drive an old slow boat
Priorities

I'm not blaming anyone, I've been preparing for an event like this for years.

I fully concur with everything you said, just wanted to shed some insight from a citizen's standpoint and thank you for the risk and job you're doing.

When the government says I can blast criminals attempting to jack my crap, I'll be even more calmer. I know it will never happen, but it would help calm some law abiding citizens that never thought a societal breakdown was possible.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Pump shotgun rack of a round is 90% effective in crooks running
Both on and off duty experience
And if they are armed , about 20% national stats that they will stay and get in a gunfight vs run

YORE welcome for the PRO tip

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
Pump shotgun rack of a round is 90% effective in crooks running
Both on and off duty experience
And if they are armed , about 20% national stats that they will stay and get in a gunfight vs run

YORE welcome for the PRO tip

Concur, but what's the stats when society breaks down, you and your boys are rightfully more concerned with protecting your families, the bastards know that and then want my shit?

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Concur, but what's the stats when society breaks down, you and your boys are rightfully more concerned with protecting your families, the bastards know that and then want my shit?
Yore in LM
The La Mirada Punks LMP’s dont have guns only knives
And Norwalk LASD still can rock when needed