WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Great friend beat covid

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
A great friend of mine has beaten covid. 2 weeks ago he went to bed on Saturday night with a mild headache & ZERO symptoms. Woke up Sunday morning with mild trouble breathing & that trouble worsened thru the day. Called his Dr Sunday night & was told to go to ER. Spent 3+ days in hospital with pneumonia & covid. He has been home for 10 days & doing great. Says he feels 90+% now & better every day. Dr says thankfully he never smoked or vaped & its MUCH worse for people that do or did.
Let's make this thread about people who have beaten this virus & post positive info please.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
with time, been seeing some peeps that have tested positive feeling better as well.

4Waters

Reaction score
My wife's uncle is on the mend as well, he lost 30lbs in one week.

On another note my daughter had a really bad sore throat and a high relentless fever for 4 days back in January. The only way we were able to control the fever was cold showers/baths, wondering if she had it.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I believe one of my good friends had it. No proof though...

Bout six weeks ago, started feeling odd on his way to Parker. Him and his wife both. They had just got a shingles shot the day before, so they both thought it was a reaction to that. By the time they got to the river, they were both pretty fucked up. He was texting me every day, thought he was gonna die. Never been that sick before EVER.

About four days later, it went away just as fast as it came on, but he had no endurance in him. Got winded walking to the bathroom...

Now it's six weeks later and both him and his wife are fine. His 86 year old mom was with them and got sick after they got home. She is fine now as well.

I'm thinkin he had the Covid. He is thinkin he did too, and survived.

JD D05

Reaction score
Very happy to hear about your friends. My bro thinks he had it but no proof. Went to San Diego for the Tool concert and got sick as fuck. Than got in my truck and we drove to Whistler. I got sick about a week after that trip. Went to the doc and he gave me antibiotics but they didn't do much. I have been paying attention to breathing and I was always able to go to 11,000 feet and ride sleds hard without issue.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
He is not in great shape, big beer belly, almost 50 years old, and fighting other health issues. His wife & 2 teenagers are doing fine thankfully.

hopefully he continues to get well. defiantly need to monitor those other underlying health issues closely.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
My wife's uncle is on the mend as well, he lost 30lbs in one week.

On another note my daughter had a really bad sore throat and a high relentless fever for 4 days back in January. The only way we were able to control the fever was cold showers/baths, wondering if she had it.

hope all is better soon for your family!

the question of being sick previously continues to be a thought amongst a lot of us! (a shit tone of sick inmates several months ago if I recall).

I am not seeing the number of flu cases being talked about in the past 6 months (but we all know it was bad). Nor are the number of those national deaths talked about (they can be seen on the CDC stats tho). I would put money on a small percentage of those deaths being related to early covid19 undetected cases all the way back to October of 2019.

IMO, this shit storm didn't just show up overnite with the wind!

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score

the question of being sick previously continues to be a thought amongst a lot of us! (a shit tone of sick inmates several months ago if I recall).

I am not seeing the number of flu cases being talked about in the past 6 months (but we all know it was bad). Nor are the number of those national deaths talked about (they can be seen on the CDC stats tho). I would put money on a small percentage of those deaths being related to early covid19 undetected cases all the way back to October of 2019.

I tend to agree with your assessment. It became a pandemic when it was learned what it was.

FishSniper

Reaction score

I agree with this I think there were cases here long before anyone thought.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I tend to agree with your assessment. It became a pandemic when it was learned what it was.
I think you're both correct in this assumption. This became a "pandemic", because we were told it was. My wife was sick as hell in December. No meds helped, flu from hell. She had a lot of students sick, at the hospital with 103 and up temps. Freakishly weird school year. Now, there is this. I don't know much about virus stuff, but maybe there have been different strains of this here for several months.

Either way @lake p.a.l. , glad your buddy's on the mend. Good sign for a lot of us...even those of us that may not be the picture of perfect health.

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
Always good to hear positive reports, best wishes to your buddy.
Any idea where he may have picked it up?

He travels & flies a TON for work so no idea. His family, my brother & his daughter, along with several others were around him that Saturday night before he knew he had it. Thankfully they all seem fine, hopefully they didn't get it somehow.

BIG MIKE

Reaction score
Glad you buddy is doing better.

I am currently on day 8 of feeling like hell. I came home the Friday before last from work and started getting the chills. Since then I have been in bed with a fever up to 103.4, headache, body aches, no energy, tight chest at the end of a deep breath and coughing up a little mucus. I have no problem waking to the bathroom and my appetite is still strong.

I talked with my doctor on Monday and he told me since I am 39 and healthy I should be fine. I have a call in with him where I am demanding at least be tested for pneumonia.

Everyone stay safe.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
He travels & flies a TON for work so no idea. His family, my brother & his daughter, along with several others were around him that Saturday night before he knew he had it. Thankfully they all seem fine, hopefully they didn't get it somehow.

just watch for symptoms and if something pops up, isolate and recover. we are checking our temperatures at work regularly.

DLC

Reaction score
CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR FRIENDS RECOVERY!

this is such a weird virus

my wife has a coworker and her 28-32 year old son n law just passed away went on a ventilator last Saturday passed on Sunday, he lived in Reno, her daughter is doing well and recovering.

some people don’t do well and it’s a hit or miss

please follow the guidelines. Sorry to crap on your happy thread!

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
I woke up with a slight headache this morning. Could have been from the Four Roses I had last night. Had to put one of our dogs down last night, so I had a more than normal. I never get headaches for some reason, even if I have a bad hangover I usually don't get a headache.

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
PLEASE keep this one positive so it doesn't get moved to doom & gloom.
I saw that a 103 year World War II guy beat covid in Oregon.
Stay positive & beat this shit.

My buddy that beat it said his Dr was saying the folks that vape & smoke are by far the hardest hit.

707dog

Reaction score

I am currently on day 8 of feeling like hell. I came home the Friday before last from work and started getting the chills. Since then I have been in bed with a fever up to 103.4, headache, body aches, no energy, tight chest at the end of a deep breath and coughing up a little mucus. I have no problem waking to the bathroom and my appetite is still strong.

I talked with my doctor on Monday and he told me since I am 39 and healthy I should be fine. I have a call in with him where I am demanding at least be tested for pneumonia.

Everyone stay safe.
No evidence if it was but This was me and 2 other coworkers early January before I knew what a covid-19 was also would sweat so bad when I would fall asleep...had me jacked up for 3+ weeks first time I called in sick to work in 6 years. @lake p.a.l. glad your buddy is on the upside of this junk

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Friend was in Germany when the shit circus started. She got on a plane with her family and started to feel sick on the way back. Said she never felt so bad. Lasted 4 or 5 days then started recovery. Family was fine. She's sure she had it.

BONER

Reaction score
Ricky Johnson also beat it. :)

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
No evidence if it was but This was me and 2 other coworkers early January before I knew what a covid-19 was also would sweat so bad when I would fall asleep...had me jacked up for 3+ weeks first time I called in sick to work in 6 years. @lake p.a.l. glad your buddy is on the upside of this junk
Seems like a lot a lot a lot of us had these same symptoms in January and early February, myself as well. I had all the symptoms except the fever but that’s because i never checked. But it’s been a big talk point at work as there were so many of us with the same thing but we all assumed it was just a flu bug we all passed out at the away from home hotel. I kinda “hope” that it was what it was as that means our bodies have already made our own form of a cure/antibody to it and seems they are saying it’s not a heavily mutating virus.

Reaction score
I'm a long time lurker here and just registered. I beat Covid-19 and am completely recovered. Got it on a Colorado ski trip in Late February. I went with 6 guys and 5 of us have tested positive and all are completely recovered. Some didn't have any symptoms and some had more severe symptoms. The ones that started showing symptoms started around day 7 of when we believe we contracted it.

It started out as an odd almost out of body feeling then moved to a sinus infection feeling with fever, body aches, and joint pains. Once the fever died it started moving down from my sinuses and knocked out my senses of smell and taste. From there it went down into my upper chest with some pains breathing (not that painful for me), then went away. There is still some very minor dry caughing that is going away but other than that I am completely fine.

I was one of the first in Alabama to test positive which opened up the doors to get everyone else tested. What is very odd is the fact that none of the wives from our group tested positive. The ones that got tested tested negative. The wives were not on the trip with us but we came back 3 days after we believe we contracted the virus. If this is the case then the virus was highly contagious for a very short window of time before we started showing any symptoms. This is the weird part.

Luckily we were all pretty healthy and range in age from 35-47 so relatively young. All in all it wasn't that bad for us. We understand that we are very lucky and that is not the case for others.

charred1

Reaction score
I'm a long time lurker here and just registered. I beat Covid-19 and am completely recovered. Got it on a Colorado ski trip in Late February. I went with 6 guys and 5 of us have tested positive and all are completely recovered. Some didn't have any symptoms and some had more severe symptoms. The ones that started showing symptoms started around day 7 of when we believe we contracted it.

It started out as an odd almost out of body feeling then moved to a sinus infection feeling with fever, body aches, and joint pains. Once the fever died it started moving down from my sinuses and knocked out my senses of smell and taste. From there it went down into my upper chest with some pains breathing (not that painful for me), then went away. There is still some very minor dry caughing that is going away but other than that I am completely fine.

I was one of the first in Alabama to test positive which opened up the doors to get everyone else tested. What is very odd is the fact that none of the wives from our group tested positive. The ones that got tested tested negative. The wives were not on the trip with us but we came back 3 days after we believe we contracted the virus. If this is the case then the virus was highly contagious for a very short window of time before we started showing any symptoms. This is the weird part.

Luckily we were all pretty healthy and range in age from 35-47 so relatively young. All in all it wasn't that bad for us. We understand that we are very lucky and that is not the case for others.
Awesome first person info!

gqchris

Reaction score

Everyone stay safe.

Hope you feel better Mike. Keep us posted man. Fuck. Hate to hear one of our own going thru this shit.

scottchbrite

Reaction score
One of the guys I work with had it. He lives in Washington. He’s waiting to get retested this week, but he said in an email that all symptoms are gone and he feels great. He had real mild symptoms. He said the isolation from everyone was the worst part for him. Also, nobody in his family was infected.

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score

Great news from you & friends. Now we need pics of your Skater.

Reactions: DWC
Reaction score
Great news from you & friends. Now we need pics of your Skater.

Thanks.

I wish I still had it! 28 Skater with 300 Promax's. My favorite boat I have ever driven. Sold it years ago when i got married and had kids. I kept using the same username on most forums. I ended up buying a few different Fountain's and just sold my 29 last week. I'm in the market for another outboard Skater now so if you know of one on the market or coming up please shoot it my way😎

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
Glad to hear of all the people recovering!!

I been taking more vitamin c and my multivitamins on a daily since this started. I don't have any underlying conditions, but you never know.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
Thanks.

I wish I still had it! 28 Skater with 300 Promax's. My favorite boat I have ever driven. Sold it years ago when i got married and had kids. I kept using the same username on most forums. I ended up buying a few different Fountain's and just sold my 29 last week. I'm in the market for another outboard Skater now so if you know of one on the market or coming up please shoot it my way😎

What size Skater ? We absolutely LOVE our 308

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
His wife & 2 teenage kids are doing great, no signs of covid. My brother & his daughter along with several other people exposed are seem to be fine, thankfully.
My buddy that beat covid told me this morning he thinks he got it because he owns a slow Baja & couldn't outrun covid!! His words, not mine.;)