WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Told my wife tonight

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
That if we make it through this alive and her job is still in tact we are building a brand spanking new boat. This has really made me reflect on life in general. We have spent the last 11 years (since 2009) playing it "safe" and quite frankly I'm over it.

4Waters

Reaction score
What are you going to build?

707dog

Reaction score
That if we make it through this alive and her job is still in tact we are building a brand spanking new boat. This has really made me reflect on life in general. We have spent the last 11 years (since 2009) playing it "safe" and quite frankly I'm over it.
you barely use the floating turd you have now, keep your cash for gas money and enjoy what you got more often knock the sand out of you box and come roll the lower river way more room to cruise that boat and use it for what it is. dock space it cheap for overnighters

CobraDave

Reaction score
Do it GRADs! Build that Shockwave. You can’t use money when you’re dead. Enjoy life. If it’s gonna put a smile on your face I say go for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GRADS

Reaction score
Do it GRADs! Build that Shockwave. You can’t use money when you’re dead. Enjoy life. If it’s gonna put a smile on your face I say go for it.

This is exactly my thoughts!

707dog

Reaction score

it will make a nice yard art for the neighbors to look at ...grads dont boat anymore:p

RodnJen

Reaction score
I don’t blame you, but I’m in a different situation with young kids. We‘ve played it safe for a long time but we need to stay the course to successfully launch our kids.

GRADS

Reaction score
it will make a nice yard art for the neighbors to look at ...grads dont boat anymore:p
It depends on the boat. I used the hell out of my first Eliminator Eagle, Daytona and Shockwave Magnatude. My current boat just isn't that fun for me. People we take out love it...just not me.

FishSniper

Reaction score
We all know you don’t wear the pants in that relationship. You didn’t tell your wife a damn thing u may have suggested something but in the end she makes the call.

707dog

Reaction score
going from a go fast to a grocery getter is tuff i did it last year and tried everything to not like it but the more i used it the more it grew on me and bbqing hot links and burgers for lunch aint bad either...i got the little ones so a little different but the inner feeling is the same( hallett 270 will be next for me)

GRADS

Reaction score
We all know you don’t wear the pants in that relationship. You didn’t tell your wife a damn thing u may have suggested something but in the end she makes the call.
Truth.

going from a go fast to a grocery getter is tuff i did it last year and tried everything to not like it but the more i used it the more it grew on me and bbqing hot links and burgers for lunch aint bad either...i got the little ones so a little different but the inner feeling is the same( hallett 270 will be next for me)
It's not really growing on me. I thought I wanted all those creature comforts.

NicPaus

Reaction score
565 will be a good choice for a new Magnitude.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
2ff has a pontoon or two for sale... just sayin... a nice picnic lunch, you and a paddleboard. don't forget a hat!

CobraDave

Reaction score
What motor would you choose? Anything different or out of the ordinary you
Would select? Is this a question I don’t want the answers to?

GRADS

Reaction score
What motor would you choose? Anything different or out of the ordinary you
Would select? Is this a question I don’t want the answers to?

I'm thinking blue Merc (of course 😂 ) 520, 540, or 565.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
If your wife's game, go for it! Don't get me wrong, if I had the coin I'd buy your battleship.

Here's the deal, life is what happens when we're making other plans. You've had crap going on...and I'd rather not get too graphic🤢.
Known a lot of people that had big plans...

Dirty Daytona

Reaction score
Maybe a sailboat....
3D6E82CF-5C6E-45AB-BD5E-FAB4B39D7046.jpeg

Dirty Daytona

Reaction score
I started out sailing! Sailing takes a hell of lot more talent than mashing the sticks down.
Lol, I was just fucking with you, I don’t even know you but I figured I would join in the fun!!! I couldn’t sail a boat, I can barely drive my piece of shit!!!

78Southwind

Reaction score

You know this kind of thought is what started the roaring 20's after the 1918 Pandemic... We just need everyone to spend their money like drunken sailors (no offense to @DrunkenSailor). ;)

Angler

Tritoon Racing
Reaction score
So you are going to get a job?

retaocleg

Reaction score
if she is the one bringing in all the dough, you just suggested...…...

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
Since you don't have kids you should totally be able to afford a new boat build. Maybe another Daytona. This is gonna blow over! Think of all the money you have saved without kids, college, weddings etc. Other than your mortgage and dildo of the month club you should be all set to go for a new boat! 👍👍

old rigger

Reaction score

Didn't know you built boats. Where'd you work?

ChiliPepperGarage

Well Known RDP Cart Returner
Reaction score
Funny how people are so different.

Some people reflect on life and decide they need to spend money on some brand new expensive toy to make them happy.

Others look around at what they have and realize that it is better to adjust their thinking and be happy with what blessings they already have.

LuauLounge

Reaction score
Grads building a boat means his wife is going to pay the folks that build it.

steamin rice

No Bad Days....
Reaction score
Do it. Looking forward to seeing what you build. I love my 34, but my 29 would be a better boat for me now