WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Bee removal?

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
Heard there’s a “free bee relocation” service but I can’t find a single one. I know bees are in short order right now and I’d hate to have to call an exterminator just to have them kill the whole thing. But these guys in a weekend set up this giant hive in my backyard next to where my kids play. Probably the size of three basketballs. We had the trees trimmed two weeks ago and there’s no way this thing was there then.

Anyone have someone they’ve used? I’m in Orange County.

D03059CB-25EC-4B58-8EF8-FA5D5EAD4D1E.jpeg

lbhsbz

Reaction score
A guy named Dick Barnes is part of a bee keepers group up here in LB...if he can't help you, I'm sure he can point you in the right direction. 562.225.8133

Singleton

Reaction score
Tad Schiller - ProPacific Bee Removal @ 951-288-1887 or 714-546-4301

DWC

Reaction score
Gonna be a view bucks through a business. Check with the city/county resources. Not sure if they’re open but worth a shot.

FishSniper

Reaction score
Gonna be a view bucks through a business. Check with the city/county resources. Not sure if they’re open but worth a shot.
City or county will only deal with it if it’s in a city tree. If it’s on private property your on your own. That is a large hive for a short period of time.

C-2

Reaction score
All the services I have seen charge $200-$400. My take is bee keepers aren’t that worried about the bee population. I mean, how many dog rescues charge you to rescue a dog?

Reactions: DWC

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
You have a bee keeper somewhere around you if you have an influx like that in a short period of time. Drive around and see if you see bee boxes somewhere. Probably within a mile of your house if I had to guess. I'd bet the queen left the box and that's what you are seeing.

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
Get hold of @Rondog4405. He might need a few to add to his collection.

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
Light a small fire pit under them they will relocate if not call Joe at precise extermination tell friend of Steve

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
Holy shit wheeler! Thats my neighbors place . when was that??

Yeah sure, deny that mailbox all you want but the whole street knows all about you. ;)

The video was from yesterday, they were still there three hours ago.
I imagine that your mail lady will find them tomorrow. :)

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Ha ha..wife had to have a pink mailbox.. Lol yeah fn right!! Neighbor chick moved out over a month ago.. No wonder they decided to take the mailbox hostage.. That said..fuck the weeds took over at my place!!

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
I keep bees.
Heres what happened.
The queen flew the last hive. It's called a swarm. Possibly the last hive became infested with mites or disease. Maybe just wanted to branch out. There is rarely a clear answer.
Are you interested in keeping bees? It's really not a cheap hobby. A nucleus hive or starter kit is not that expensive which is why most bee keepers are not interested in your swarm.
That is a large hive and will provide about 25# of honey if properly captured and put to work. Now is the time.
Your looking at $300 for one hive plus some equipment. To extract the honey is another process.
If you just want them to leave, a small smokey fire under them will get them to leave but you must do it NOW. Not 3 days or a week. They will again swarm to another area.

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Heard there’s a “free bee relocation” service but I can’t find a single one. I know bees are in short order right now and I’d hate to have to call an exterminator just to have them kill the whole thing. But these guys in a weekend set up this giant hive in my backyard next to where my kids play. Probably the size of three basketballs. We had the trees trimmed two weeks ago and there’s no way this thing was there then.

Anyone have someone they’ve used? I’m in Orange County.

View attachment 863142
That's not a hive.............that's a damn horror movie.o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
Does the small smokey fire make them agitated?

What’s it like to follow through with this process?

C-2

Reaction score
I keep bees.
Heres what happened.
The queen flew the last hive. It's called a swarm. Possibly the last hive became infested with mites or disease. Maybe just wanted to branch out. There is rarely a clear answer.
Are you interested in keeping bees? It's really not a cheap hobby. A nucleus hive or starter kit is not that expensive which is why most bee keepers are not interested in your swarm.
That is a large hive and will provide about 25# of honey if properly captured and put to work. Now is the time.
Your looking at $300 for one hive plus some equipment. To extract the honey is another process.
If you just want them to leave, a small smokey fire under them will get them to leave but you must do it NOW. Not 3 days or a week. They will again swarm to another area.

I have some more of you want them, lol. A hive that's been inside a 55-gallon drum for the past 15 years or so, and a newer hive inside a storage shed closet.

Bastards are mean, that's why they gotta go.

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
I’m trying to refrain from going down this bee removal rabbit hole...

I’m literally waiting for paint to dry for the next few days soooo

Carlson-jet

Reaction score
Does the small smokey fire make them agitated?

What’s it like to follow through with this process?
The smoke calms them down until it becomes annoying along with the heat.
Bees spend a lot of energy to keep the hive at perfect temperature.
A hive ( the structure) with sugar water will entice the bees as it is free easy food. At this point they have to do all the work to build combs plus gathering the food to sustain the the queen, babies and feed themselves.

ka0tyk

Reaction score
A fire with enough heat 15 feet in the air by a tree will be pretty tough. Maybe I can fire up the smoker nearby. Someone also mentioned putting dish soap in my power washer foam cannon and shooting it as the dish soap gets rid of em? I’m gonna call a few places in the morning and see what they say.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
A fire with enough heat 15 feet in the air by a tree will be pretty tough. Maybe I can fire up the smoker nearby. Someone also mentioned putting dish soap in my power washer foam cannon and shooting it as the dish soap gets rid of em? I’m gonna call a few places in the morning and see what they say.

A smudge pot would be be perfect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score

Lighting a piece of newspaper and holding it under them will be enough. They are just honey bees, dont be afraid. They are pretty harmless unless you agitate them or harm the queen.

They know 2 things-
1. To work
2. Protect the queen

Carlson-jet

Reaction score
15 feet is fairly high. Fock that.
That is about 3-5k bees. They will fock you up at this point in time. Consider them like Vikings.
There is a good Chance they will leave. The scouts are just looking for a good place to settle.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
The smoke will calm and disperse them. You don't need a raging fire. Or just leave them alone. They won't bother you. Have Hives in our yard for the last few years.

No on the psi washers unless you want to be attacked by a pissed off swarm.

Icky

Reaction score
I called terminix, they called their sub contractor out to take care of it. They moved into my wall during my patio cover build last year

merc_400r

Reaction score
best way is to throw rocks at it or hit it with a stick. They will get annoyed and move 😶

That Guy

Rack em'
Reaction score
I think I also remember reading that is was illegal to kill them outright....at least in CA. Had a problem at a rental of ours and had them safely removed. Wouldn't want to kill them anyway....they do too much good!

84miller

Reaction score
Boat outside storage with cover, got a call from the rv lot mgr that I needed to take care of the bees. Went there, huge hive under my cover....called but no one was interested in taking the bees for under $1200.00. Exterminator was also expensive...read online...best time to deal with bees is sun up or sun down...next day sun down threw a home roach bomb under the cover....no more bees...cleanup was not fun.

ka0tyk

Reaction score
Went to the orange store today after getting quotes for upwards of $600 to remove. Bought a can of this stuff... only because it said “pro”.

9C2B7B0D-C78F-4CCF-BE6C-5CF40D054BBC.jpeg

decided to yolo it and sprayed it in the middle of the day. Sprayed for about 10 seconds and ran inside. No stings. The buzzing was insane. You could hear it inside with all of the doors/windows closed.

what’s crazy is that there was no hive. It was just a massive pile of bees. Sadly now they’re all spread all over the ground EVERYWHERE. Once it stops raining I’ll have to go out there with a shop vac and vacuum the dirt grass etc to clean em all up. I don’t want my kids or dog to get stung by a dead bee. Fun times ahead.

Taboma

Reaction score
That's how the water meter reader handled it when bees invaded their meter box.

rrrr

Reaction score
There was no hive because it was a swarm. You could have at least tried the suggestion of a smoky fire, then they would have moved on.

:mad:

Carlson-jet

Reaction score
Not the cool thing to do but to Bee honest, those were store bought bees raised in a hive that just swarmed. Not really the end of the world. They could have also been diseased and spread it further. 50/50 Good bad deal.
All it would take is a local person getting stung that is allergic and not being able to react to the situation in time to make it really not worth the hassle.
Bye bye bees.

D19

Reaction score
I had one on the side of my previous house in Costa Mesa. I think the company I used was called OC Bee Guy.

ka0tyk

Reaction score
Not the cool thing to do but to Bee honest, those were store bought bees raised in a hive that just swarmed. Not really the end of the world. They could have also been diseased and spread it further. 50/50 Good bad deal.
All it would take is a local person getting stung that is allergic and not being able to react to the situation in time to make it really not worth the hassle.
Bye bye bees.

My neighbor originally pointed out the "hive" and mentioned that he was allergic. He was more worried about my kids as we have a big playset in the backyard and it was within 5 feet or so of the monkeybars. I wanted to respect his allergies, I figured with the rain recently and that it wasnt in a very protected spot that they might leave. Its been ~2 days since I was made aware of em.

YES I did turn on my bbq smoker and they were still there in the morning. Again the bees were like 15' high in a tree I couldnt really funnel the smoke to them, nor did I want a bonfire directly under a tree.

Carlson-jet

Reaction score
My neighbor originally pointed out the "hive" and mentioned that he was allergic. He was more worried about my kids as we have a big playset in the backyard and it was within 5 feet or so of the monkeybars. I wanted to respect his allergies, I figured with the rain recently and that it wasnt in a very protected spot that they might leave. Its been ~2 days since I was made aware of em.

YES I did turn on my bbq smoker and they were still there in the morning. Again the bees were like 15' high in a tree I couldnt really funnel the smoke to them, nor did I want a bonfire directly under a tree.
Worse things have happened. As much as we need our pollinators, The major players like big AG and big Pharma are destroying the system . More bees are killed on your local freeway at dusk in an hour than what you just dealt with.