WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Just a Thought

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
I believe at least 80%, or more, of us inmates at RDP tend to be usually conservative and, for the most part, support Trump and hope for his re-election in Nov. I believe if we can have COVID-19 behind us by that time, it would greatly increase the likelihood of Trump's re-election. Trump's COVID-19 task force is telling us there are 3 basic things each of us can do to help battle COVID-19: 1) Stay at Home, clear and simple. Home is where you actually live, not a secondary residence 2) Practice Social Distancing, if you must go out to markets, pharm, doctors or for fuel. 3) Wear a facial mask if you must go out.

So why would Trump supporters not follow the directives of his task force? It's just 3 simple things. And each have been proven to be effective tools in this battle.

oldschool

Reaction score
Shouldn’t this be down in the doom and gloom section?

ekbearly

Reaction score
I’m not a Trump supporter. I support some things he has done but hate others. I don’t blindly trust government bureaucrats or politicians. I’m surprised anyone would based on the corruption of governments throughout history.

I trust God, accurate data and believe in freedom and personal responsibility. We are seriously lacking in the two latter categories. The first is why I’m not ultimately too concerned.

The government has said that this shutdown and the dramatic extent of it is the best path forward for all of us. I haven’t seen anything that compels me to believe that.

Last edited:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I am not wearing a mask, but I also limit how close I am...as in not stopping anywhere with groups. Tanks were topped off a few weeks ago, and not traveling.

We do have a second place, and decided before the official shit storm, not to go out. Where we live is relatively removed from the masses, and it is "home". This is where we are best prepared to combat what life throws at us. The boats and skis are fun, but not a necessity.

I do not much fear the illness, not for myself. Wife and kids, more worried about them. Both illness and idiocy seem in higher concentration in populated areas. Do I want things the way they were, yes. Do I feel it to be a wiser decision to stay home, also yes.

I don't know what harm is out there, meaning the world, not Havasu. What I do know is I personally am more capable at home...for everything.

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
I believe at least 80%, or more, of us inmates at RDP tend to be usually conservative and, for the most part, support Trump and hope for his re-election in Nov. I believe if we can have COVID-19 behind us by that time, it would greatly increase the likelihood of Trump's re-election. Trump's COVID-19 task force is telling us there are 3 basic things each of us can do to help battle COVID-19: 1) Stay at Home, clear and simple. Home is where you actually live, not a secondary residence 2) Practice Social Distancing, if you must go out to markets, pharm, doctors or for fuel. 3) Wear a facial mask if you must go out.

So why would Trump supporters not follow the directives of his task force? It's just 3 simple things. And each have been proven to be effective tools in this battle.

I gave my box of masks to a nurse I know who mentioned they were out at the hospital she works at. I don't have any more. The homemade masks are dumb. I don't go out much right now, and when I do, I stay away from people. I'm following the spirit of what I believe to be the main objective.

pkbullet

Reaction score

My survey of one Trump supporter, is that I want my government to give me information not make decisions for me. As a free person accepting my personal responsibility for the possible consequences for my decisions I am going to live life my way. If you are concerned for your health or someone at risk in your household, you stay home. I am not interested in the government dictating how I approach my health. I will visit my secondary residence this weekend.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I don't feel as though the government really cares about the individual. I think they, as well some of the others, are more worried about the spread from densely populated areas, to unaffected areas. If one avoids contact with others, I wouldn't think it would be an issue. Those heading out to party with others from various locales are by no means trying to stifle the spread.

just_floatin

Reaction score
I’m not a Trump supporter. I support some things he has done but hate others. I don’t blindly trust government bureaucrats or politicians. I’m surprised anyone would based on the historical corruption of governments throughout history.

I trust God, accurate data and believe in freedom and personal responsibility. We are seriously lacking in the two latter categories. The first is why I’m not ultimately too concerned.

The government has said that this shutdown and the dramatic extent of it is the best path forward for all of us. I haven’t seen anything that compels me to believe that.
^^ Very true. The only good data is the number of unemployed people in need of government assistance whether you want it or not. Yes this virus is viscous and yes we may fall ill or worse. However, is this pandemic anymore viscous than other pandemics? Ponder this- We shut down America to protect the people? From who maybe not what. I am ready to exercise my freedom and go to an outdoor service on Sunday. I will practice social distancing, six feet of separation with an abundance of caution because I am considered asystomatic. Got it. I will do my part.

This I know, at some point people are going to have to leave their caves, go out and kill something and drag it home. We have to work we have to eat. The government is not going to continue to feed you and your habits. Besides we still do not know the top of the curve. Mid April early May. No one knows. Listening to Dr. Death Fauci we may never go back to work or worse force fed Bill Gates vaccinations before we may return to work. Every week we stay home the more freedoms we sacrifice. When do you hit your breaking point and say, “I will take my chances?” A lot of folks on the water and in the desert this weekend made their decisions. At what point does the pot call the kettle black? Signed, a non essential worker.
664D6E6A-51CB-479E-B2CE-F6A0D335A1A1.jpeg

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
^^ Very true. The only good data is the number of unemployed people in need of government assistance whether you want it or not. Yes this virus is viscous and yes we may fall ill or worse. However, is this pandemic anymore viscous than other pandemics? Ponder this- We shut down America to protect the people? From who maybe not what. I am ready to exercise my freedom and go to an outdoor service on Sunday. I will practice social distancing, six feet of separation with an abundance of caution because I am considered asystomatic. Got it. I will do my part.

This I know, at some point people are going to have to leave their caves, go out and kill something and drag it home. We have to work we have to eat. The government is not going to continue to feed you and your habits. Besides we still do not know the top of the curve. Mid April early May. No one knows. Listening to Dr. Death Fauci we may never go back to work or worse force fed Bill Gates vaccinations before we may return to work. Every week we stay home the more freedoms we sacrifice. When do you hit your breaking point and say, “I will take my chances?” A lot of folks on the water and in the desert this weekend made their decisions. At what point does the pot call the kettle black? Signed, a non essential worker. View attachment 863357
Damn, Covid isn't even a dust bunny yet...and SARS wasn't even a freckle :oops:

stephenkatsea

Reaction score

This I know, at some point people are going to have to leave their caves, go out and kill something and drag it home. We have to work we have to eat. The government is not going to continue to feed you and your habits. Besides we still do not know the top of the curve. Mid April early May. No one knows. Listening to Dr. Death Fauci we may never go back to work or worse force fed Bill Gates vaccinations before we may return to work. Every week we stay home the more freedoms we sacrifice. When do you hit your breaking point and say, “I will take my chances?” A lot of folks on the water and in the desert this weekend made their decisions. At what point does the pot call the kettle black? Signed, a non essential worker. View attachment 863357
I understand your feelings and your post. Except for when you stated you were asystomatic. Not trying to be a wise guy. What is asystomatic? I believe a person who is "asymptomatic" can be infected with the virus and contagious, yet not show or experience any of the symptoms. When it comes to spreading a virus, that is not a good situation.

Last edited:

4Waters

Reaction score
Damn, Covid isn't even a dust bunny yet...and SARS wasn't even a freckle :oops:
Actually look at swine flu 200k in 12 months, covid19 is 70k+ in 3 months and for a month of that several countries (US included) have been practicing social distancing (kinda). We will see how this works out in the next 6 weeks.

In 6 weeks the flu (virus) season starts in the southern hemisphere, I'm curious how those countries are going to handle people coming into their countries. My guess is New Zealand and Australia will totally stop international flights. I hope they do and they end up not having an outbreak, maybe the liberals will see Trump was right in how boarder control controls shit like this and it's not racism.

just_floatin

Reaction score
I understand your feelings and your post. Except for when you stated you were asystomatic. Not trying to be a wise guy. What is asystomatic? I believe a person who is "asymptomatic" can be infected with the virus, yet not show or experience any of the symptoms.
I understand the condition to mean I could pass the virus to others while not experiencing the symptoms. Especially very early on. Went to grocery store contracted the virus went home dropped off groceries passed the virus to the wife.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
I understand the condition to mean I could pass the virus to others while not experiencing the symptoms. Especially very early on. Went to grocery store contracted the virus went home dropped off groceries passed the virus to the wife.

Yes, that is asymptomatic. You previously stated you were "asystomatic". That is the word you used. Interesting? But, if you truly believe you are actually asymptomatic do you intend to be tested? Actually, that's really none of my business. But, I have no idea how a person could determine they are asymptomatic without being tested.

BTW - An Easter Sunrise service with my family also sounds great to me.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Actually look at swine flu 200k in 12 months, covid19 is 70k+ in 3 months and for a month of that several countries (US included) have been practicing social distancing (kinda). We will see how this works out in the next 6 weeks.

In 6 weeks the flu (virus) season starts in the southern hemisphere, I'm curious how those countries are going to handle people coming into their countries. My guess is New Zealand and Australia will totally stop international flights. I hope they do and they end up not having an outbreak, maybe the liberals will see Trump was right in how boarder control controls shit like this and it's not racism.
Sadly, no matter what the President does, those against him will not ever approve. Sad reality of ignorance. It doesn't matter if it's good for Americans, business or humanity, if it's his decision it is wrong. Doomed by blind hate.

RodnJen

Reaction score
Sadly, no matter what the President does, those against him will not ever approve. Sad reality of ignorance. It doesn't matter if it's good for Americans, business or humanity, if it's his decision it is wrong. Doomed by blind hate.

That‘s just it, he’s not leading, he‘s following. He’s following the leaders from California and New York.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
That‘s just it, he’s not leading, he‘s following. He’s following the leaders from California and New York.
...And there you have it, spoken as a true follower of the "Hope and Change" crowd.
Don't worry, I'm sure the government will save you all. I'll watch the show...

just_floatin

Reaction score
Yes, that is asymptomatic. You previously stated you were "asystomatic". That is the word you used. Interesting? But, if you truly believe you are actually asymptomatic do you intend to be tested? Actually, that's really none of my business. But, I have no idea how a person could determine they are asymptomatic without being tested.

BTW - An Easter Sunrise service with my family also sounds great to me.
Not so interesting or white rabbit holes here. No CV-19 symptoms. Thank God. If I fall ill and the doctor orders a test, I will test providing a test is available. Thank you for asking.

On topic, my wife and I favor small government and our constitutional rights. There is no addendum stating ”unless there is a virus”. Give me liberty or give me death takes on a whole new meaning now that it is front and center. Guilty. Lock down certainly has been a time of self-reflection. Today, we choose to believe the worst that can happen to us is the best thing that can happen to us. We choose not to fear or stress over something we do not control. We choose to leave it as Gods Will.

We pray for the POTUS. I feel the POTUS is at the horns of a dilemma and the Dems know this. Will you save the people or the economy. Inject news narrative here. Given the timeline the POTUS can not have both. Weeks into this lockdown, time is not the presidents friend. My position is make a decision. Stop moving the goal post, pick a day and phase Americans that want to go back to work to get
B1394841-66EC-4FA9-A040-7A855414DD81.jpeg
If you wish to stay home that is your constitutional right.