WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

711ci Twin Turbo Placecraft lake test

cyclone

My name is Mike and I have a boating problem.
Reaction score
After chasing a few gremlins with the fuel and ignition systems I headed back to my local lake (Don't worry, I live at the lake and nobody is there right now so technically I'm avoiding humans. :) ) to see if I could go a little faster while tuning the efi system. Enjoy!

Wedgy

Reaction score
Wow cool! Saw this earlier. Finnegan is an Inmate. Too funny. Nice job Sir. Love Yer Show!

white tortilla

Reaction score
cant wait to see a flat footed pass! understand need to sneak up on it over time. that motors going to be screaming! turned out very nice

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
After chasing a few gremlins with the fuel and ignition systems I headed back to my local lake (Don't worry, I live at the lake and nobody is there right now so technically I'm avoiding humans. :) ) to see if I could go a little faster while tuning the efi system. Enjoy!

Gotta love new builds that have been in progress for years....it's like a memory game of how far back you can remember when troubleshooting! Glad you got the ignition figured out. Any idea what ended up causing the metal in the oil situation? PS - my wife loves you

cyclone

Reaction score
Gotta love new builds that have been in progress for years....it's like a memory game of how far back you can remember when troubleshooting! Glad you got the ignition figured out. Any idea what ended up causing the metal in the oil situation? PS - my wife loves you

still not sure on the metal. im hoping its gone with the next oil change. tell her is said Thanks! :)

Sigus

Above the wet spot
Reaction score
Excellent video, motor sounds good. I learned a couple things during your trouble shooting.

RaceTec

Reaction score
Awesome video as always... I have seen so many injector issues like you were seeing! Sometimes burning down the hole, other times washing it down! Good times!

poncho

Reaction score

Think you can run with Hass? ;)...Amazing boat.👍

ChiliPepperGarage

Well Known RDP Cart Returner
Reaction score
Watched it on YouTube yesterday when it posted. Great to see you posting here. That is a beautiful lake you're on. Much nicer than Elsinore! 😵 😆

I've always been an offshore big boat guy but your boat has got me wanting a small jet boat to blast around my local lake. Not sure which I like better, Game Over or Blasphemi. Or maybe one of the ramp trucks!

blue wonder

Reaction score
What a pussy, hammer that fucker!!!...what’s the worst that’s gonna happen, pull a blunder on it, hahahaha....looks bad ass Mike so cool to see it finished...when it goes to the track I better be on the crew list, for old times sake ya know!!!!

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
Looks & sounds great!! What lake is that? What are the white PVC looking poles sticking out of the water? Thanks for posting

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score
just by the part throttle pass I could tell that thing is no joke. watched it yesterday :cool:

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Absolutely bad ass! Sounds amazing too. Great job on this build, I can't wait for test #4!!!

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Been following the build on YT. Thanks for posting this over here Mike!

oldschool

Reaction score
So bad ass. Can’t wait to see more on this. Got some cubic dollars in that boat.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Saw the video. Cool. Was amazed how efficient that it was. Not a lot of RPM but was haulin the mail.

renodaytona

Reaction score
Bad ass is an understatement. Any chance this thing will make it out west some day?

Dkahnjob

Reaction score
Very nice, sounds so good!
Is that a Chrysler based engine?

Backlash

Reaction score
Congrats on a successful testing! Stay safe and keep us updated! 😉

X-rated

Reaction score
That thing looks and sounds BADASS!! I ran Sonny's power in a NHRA Top Sportsman car for a number of years. I was also the first to run EFI, I used Big Stuff 3 systems but all in all very similar to Holley. NHRA rules dictated we could not run closed loop so we had to run 8 02 sensors as well as 8 E.G.T's to be sure it stayed safe. The learning curve was very steep but with plenty of help from Sonny's we figured it out. Actually won a Division Championship in 2014.It sounds to me it has a very slight lean bog right off idle that can and probably will cause detonation if not addressed. An 02 sensor in each header pipe would take away any and all headaches and make your finer tuning so much easier.

old rigger

Reaction score

Great vid.

How the hell did you end up in Georgia?

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
Sweet! Does the dolly trailer fit on one of your 8 ramp trucks? 😂😎

Canuck 1

Midget Hater
Reaction score
I thought you were going to build a fast boat....

74 spectra20 v-drive

74 spectra20 v-drive
Reaction score
Watched the video earlier today, the boat sounds great almost thought is was a vdrive :) keep up the great work, my boys and I enjoy all your shows!

BlowMe

Reaction score
Watched it yesterday on YT. Absolutely love your boat. And thank you for posting and keeping us updated here too. I definitely dont mind watching again and again. Boats jumps on plane. Cant wait to see a launch 👍🤘

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
Whats the deal with that white boat I used to see in the background of some of your other videos? Looked like a 21?

Ol Man

Reaction score
Really enjoy your updates. Thanks for posting.

cyclone

Reaction score
Whats the deal with that white boat I used to see in the background of some of your other videos? Looked like a 21?
the white and black tunnel or the white and green v-bottom? the v-bottom is a 21 Laveycraft XTski. it's been sold. The tunnel was an old Chevenne/Ultra 19 that is now in Washington state.

old rigger

Reaction score
most of my family ended up in Georgia. After we had our two sons we decided to get the hell out of socal. Other than the river, good tacos and my friends I don't miss it.

Good for you guys. We were actually thinking of getting out a few years ago but once we started having grandkids who are local to us, that idea got flushed.
One of my oldest friends recently sold everything and bought in Tennessee.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
A lot of memories from the days in Big River and the Rogers then the Cheyenne/Ultra and now Game Over. Congrats bud [emoji1303]

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
Being a jet boat guy, all I can say is "absolutely bitchin" !!!

Thanks for sharing and keep us updated!

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Beautiful boat and really cool setup. I noticed it has a really bad stumble coming off idle. Seems like it's really rich at idle.

sprintcvx

Reaction score
I watched during lunch break yesterday. Great video! Thanks!

Sherpa

Reaction score
Signed up for motortrend online mainly for Road Kill and Faster with Finnegan.! dig the boat build...... my son, nephew, and myself all rock the C-10 shirts btw.,!

--Sherpa

cyclone

Reaction score
Signed up for motortrend online mainly for Road Kill and Faster with Finnegan.! dig the boat build...... my son, nephew, and myself all rock the C-10 shirts btw.,!

--Sherpa
Thanks for watching! and thanks for rocking my shirts. I appreciate it.

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
Im hoping to relive some of those old memories this summer if the lockdown ends. 4th of July trip to big river is on the calendar.

Let's hope that works out. It would be great to see you and catch a ski ride behind that thing. You did put a ski town on it, didn't you?

Good to see you back posting on some of the sites again.

cyclone

Reaction score
Let's hope that works out. It would be great to see you and catch a ski ride behind that thing. You did put a ski town on it, didn't you?

Good to see you back posting on some of the sites again.
thanks Barry. I'm working on a ski tow design. It's a pussycat at 2,200 rpm, which is about 25 mph. :)

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
thanks Barry. I'm working on a ski tow design. It's a pussycat at 2,200 rpm, which is about 25 mph. :)
[/QUOT

Good speed for kids! My buddy watched your video and was joking that not many jet boats run 50 mph at 2,000 rpm!

King295

Well-Known Inmate #20225
Reaction score
Im hoping to relive some of those old memories this summer if the lockdown ends. 4th of July trip to big river is on the calendar.

If you make it out, I will gladly trade beers for viewing time of your bad ass creation. I'd love to see your boat in person.

rcmike

Reaction score
I watched this yesterday, was wondering where your paddle was..lol