WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New Cannonball record

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
26hours and 38 minutes
Now that is flying but considering that the country is shut down and hardly any traffic to deal with it almost seems like that is cheating in some ways,

Maybe he should get the record, with the * next to his name;)

They calling that taking advantage of a situation.. LOL Record is good! Albeit that does seem to hold less water than others.

RD

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Traffic level is probably not to far away from the first in 1975, just better cars.
That must be a focking gas to run.

Tooned Up

Reaction score
Last Sunday I drove down from Spokane to my house in Phoenix and with traffic and lack of police presence this exact thought crossed my mind. My trip was about 1352 miles and I did it in just under 18 hours. While this is no record by any means whatsoever, my drive was wide open and I was hauling the mail.

JBZ

Reaction score
Brock Yates RIP the guy who started the Cannonball Run and also wrote the screenplay for the movie
kept this going with the one lap of america www.onelapofamerica.com
This year Seven tracks in seven days.
3454 miles between tracks.
Most of the off track stints are 500 to 600 miles.
In 02 I co drove in a Chuck Beck built Lister Corvette. It is an adventure.

Its all run what you brung

craiger88

Reaction score
Last Sunday I drove down from Spokane to my house in Phoenix and with traffic and lack of police presence this exact thought crossed my mind. My trip was about 1352 miles and I did it in just under 18 hours. While this is no record by any means whatsoever, my drive was wide open and I was hauling the mail.

That’s getting after it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rrrr

Reaction score
I have a pretty good driving fast story.

When I was seventeen, I bought a new Trans Am 455SD with some money I had saved, paid for about half of it, and my dad financed the balance. I had a friend that was from Riverside, and we talked our parents into letting us drive out there from Albuquerque during that summer.

We left Albuquerque at 11 PM, and pulled up to my buddy's aunt's house eight hours and twenty minutes later. That was an average of just over 90 MPH, which included a stop around Williams for a chat with an Arizona State Trooper. I was going well over a hundred when we passed each other, he flipped and pulled me over. :p

The trip was epic. Highlights included a Newport Beach cop informing me that the Riverside County Sheriff had a helicopter patrolling the 91 freeway as I was put in the back of his cruiser at the beach parking lot. Who knew? At the station, Officer Dome (I still remember his name) called my mom collect. She was not happy.

On the way back, we went through Vegas, and my 24 year old cousin took us to the Palamino Club, which featured all nude dancers. After a trip to Pahrumph to visit Sherry's, we headed home.

My buddy discovered he had dropped his wallet at Sherry's when we stopped in Searchlight for gas. Somewhere between Winslow and Holbrook, he was driving while it was still dark, and suddenly the back window was full of a Plymouth Fury with a lot of lights on it.

We were going a buck five. Somehow we didn't go to jail, even after he explained how he had misplaced his wallet.

I thought my dad was gonna kill me when I got home.

Last edited:

d4l

Reaction score
Who was it this time and what car did they use?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

highvoltagehands

Laveycraft Nuera 2750
Reaction score
“Three guys with Chris Allen driving the white 2019 Audi A8 sedan with a pair of red plastic marine fuel tanks ratchet-strapped into its trunk. They started at the Red Ball Garage in New York City at 11:15 pm on April 4, and ended less than 27 hours later at the Portofino Hotel & Marina in Redondo Beach, California, the traditional start and end points of a Cannonball attempt.“

I don’t care how you look at it or under what circumstances, it’s a legitimate record by CB standards.
Every CB record set since the first one was made by cutting a corner or using a newfound technology advantage to shave time. So all the previous title holders that are crying foul because of COVID need to quit whining!
It’s an illegal event and illegal shit is gonna happen. I salute the new cross country champs. “This Bud for you.”

d4l

Reaction score
Some stats would be fun! But Im sure it Will come Out soon :)

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score

When I was seventeen, I bought a new Trans Am 455SD with some money I had saved, paid for about half of it, and my dad financed the balance. I had a friend that was from Riverside, and we talked our parents into letting us drive out there from Albuquerque during that summer.

We left Albuquerque at 11 PM, and pulled up to my buddy's aunt's house eight hours and twenty minutes later. That was an average of just over 90 MPH, which included a stop around Williams for a chat with an Arizona State Trooper. I was going well over a hundred when we passed each other, he flipped and pulled me over. :p

The trip was epic, highlights included a Newport Beach cop informing me that the Riverside County Sheriff had a helicopter patrolling the 91 freeway as we were put in the back of his cruiser at the beach parking lot. At the station, Officer Dome (still remember his name) called my mom collect. She was not happy.

On the way back, we went through Vegas, and my 24 year old cousin took us to the Palamino Club, which featured all nude dancers. After a trip to Pahrumph to visit Sherry's, we headed home.

My buddy discovered he had dropped his wallet at Sherry's when we stopped in Searchlight for gas. Somewhere between Winslow and Holbrook, he was driving while it was still dark, and suddenly the back window was full of a Plymouth Fury with a lot of lights on it.

We were going a buck five. Somehow we didn't go to jail, even after he explained how he had misplaced his wallet.

Sounds like a movie script. lol

footer

looking for a v-drive
Reaction score

The trip was epic, highlights included a Newport Beach cop informing me that the Riverside County Sheriff had a helicopter patrolling the 91 freeway as we were put in the back of his cruiser at the beach parking lot. At the station, Officer Dome (still remember his name) called my mom collect. She was not happy.

Being young was awesome. Great story.

poncho

Reaction score
I pulled in my parents driveway on my Ninja ZX10 and a new girlfriend, normal trip time was 2 hours 10 minutes, got there in under 50 minutes. Made the mistake of calling before I left, Mom was very unhappy with me, very.

poncho

Reaction score
26hours and 38 minutes
Now that is flying but considering that the country is shut down and hardly any traffic to deal with it almost seems like that is cheating in some ways,
I remember reading somewhere the guy from Gas Monkey claimed the fastest time.

Dana757

Reaction score

The best memories are often made from bad decisions. =^^=

j-rod

Reaction score
In May 2007, Richard Rawlings and co-pilot Dennis Collins allegedly broke the 1979 Cannonball Run time from New York City to Los Angeles of 32 hours and 51 minutes. The two bet
In May 2007, Richard Rawlings and co-pilot Dennis Collins allegedly broke the 1979 Cannonball Run time from New York City to Los Angeles of 32 hours and 51 minutes. The two bet rival Jay Riecke they could beat the time in their 200
In May 2007, Richard Rawlin
In May 2
In May 2007, Richard Rawlings and co-pilot Dennis Collins allegedly broke the 1979 Cannonball Run time from New York City to Los Angeles of 32 hours and 51 minutes. The two bet rival Jay Riecke they could beat the time in their 2007 Bullrun entry, a black Ferrari 550, modified with extra fuel cells. The final time is 31 hours and 59 minutes. However there is much debate in the legitimacy of this time as the distance and times do not match up. It is unlikely that they actually broke the record. They were the only pair to defeat the 1975 mark by Rick Cline and Jack May in a Ferrari Dino as all other competitors did not leave and arrive at the correct locations or took alternate routes that did not follow the original Cannonball Runs of the 1970s. Even their personal heroes Dave Heinz and Dave Yarborough in their Jaguar XJ-S that set the 1979 record left from Darien, Connecticut instead of Manhattan.
[19]

2007, Richard Rawlings and co-pilot Dennis Collins allegedly broke the 1979 Cannonball Run time from New York City to Los Angeles of 32 hours and 51 minutes. The two bet rival Jay Riecke they could beat the time in their 2007 Bullrun entry, a black Ferrari 550, modified with extra fuel cells. The final time is 31 hours and 59 minutes. However there is much debate in the legitimacy of this time as the distance and times do not match up. It is unlikely that they actually broke the record. They were the only pair to defeat the 1975 mark by Rick Cline and Jack May in a Ferrari Dino as all other competitors did not leave and arrive at the correct locations or took alternate routes that did not follow the original Cannonball Runs of the 1970s. Even their personal heroes Dave Heinz and Dave Yarborough in their Jaguar XJ-S that set the 1979 record left from Darien, Connecticut instead of Manhattan.[19]

In May 2007, Richard Rawlings and co-pilot Dennis Collins allegedly broke the 1979 Cannonball Run time from New York City to Los Angeles of 32 hours and 51 minutes. The two bet rival Jay Riecke they could beat the time in their 2007 Bullrun en
In May 2007, Richard Rawlings and co-pilot Dennis Collins allegedly broke the 1979 Cannonball Run time from New York City to Los Angeles of 32 hours and 51 minutes. The two bet rival Jay Riecke they could beat the time in their 2007 Bullrun entry, a black Ferrari 550, modified with extra fuel cells. The final time is 31 hours and 59 minutes. Ho
In May 2007, Richard Rawlings and co-pilot Dennis Collins allegedly broke the 1979 Cannonball Run time from New York City to Los Angeles of 32 hours and 51 minutes. The two bet rival Jay Riecke they could beat the time in their 2007 Bullrun entry, a black Ferrari 550, modified with extra fuel cells. The final time is 31 hours and 59 minutes. However there is much debate in the legitimacy of this time as the distance and times do not match up. It is unlikely that they actually broke the record. They were the only pair to defeat the 1975 mark by Rick Cline and Jack May in a Ferrari Dino as all other competitors did not leave and arrive at the correct locations or took alternate routes that did not follow the original Cannonball Runs of the 1970s. Even their personal heroes Dave Heinz and Dave Yarborough in their Jaguar XJ-S that set the 1979 record left
In May 2007, Richard Rawlings and co-pilot Dennis Collins allegedly broke the 1979 Cannonball Run time from New York City to Los Angeles of 32 hours and 51 minutes. The two bet rival Jay Riecke they could beat the time in their 2007 Bullrun entry, a black Ferrari 550, modified with extra fuel cells. The final time is 31 hours and 59 minutes. However there is much debate in the legitimacy of this time as the distance and times do not match up. It is unlikely that they actually brok

I remember reading somewhere the guy from Gas Monkey claimed the fastest time.

rrrr

Reaction score
The best memories are often made from bad decisions. =^^=

I left out some good stuff. When we pulled into the beach parking lot, two girls in bikinis walked in front of the car, and one of them looked at me, eased down her bikini bottom, and exposed her trimmed pubic hair. We were like two yokels, "It's true! California girls are hot and wild! This is gonna be awesome!"

The trouble started when I pulled into an angled parking spot and opened the car door. There was a motorcycle tire next to me, and it was attached to a cop. He glared at me and said "How old are you?" When I replied "Seventeen", he picked up his microphone and made a transmission. I caught the words "Send transport", and figured that wasn't good.

That day I learned if you're gonna drink beer and drive down a freeway going 95-100 MPH, it's better to toss the empties instead of throwing them in the back seat floorboard. We had purchased a twelve pack the day before, and there were three full beers in the cooler, and nine empties in the box. The math was pretty easy.

Since my buddy was 18, when he passed the FST they let him drive the car and follow the patrol car carrying my dumb ass to the station. @playdeep knows who it was, a guy named Tom Johnson.

Amazingly, I wasn't arrested. I didn't even get a ticket. After a few hours, they let us go.

Looking back and saying things have changed a bit since the 70s might be the biggest understatement ever recorded.

But as I said above, when I got back home, my mom's intervention was the only thing that saved me from a premature death. :p

Last edited:

playdeep

Reaction score
I left out some good stuff. When we pulled into the beach parking lot, two girls in bikinis walked in front of the car, and one of them looked at me, eased down her bikini bottom, and exposed her trimmed pubic hair. We were like two yokels, "It's true! California girls are hot and wild! This is gonna be awesome!"

The troubled started when I pulled into an angled parking spot and opened the car door. There was a motorcycle tire next to me, and it was attached to a cop. He glared at me and said "How old are you?" When I replied "Seventeen", he picked up his microphone and made a transmission. I caught the words "Send transport", and figured that wasn't good.

That day I learned if you're gonna drink beer and drive down a freeway going 95-100 MPH, it's better to toss the empties instead of throwing them in the back seat floorboard. We had purchased a twelve pack the day before, and there were three full beers in the cooler, and nine empties in the box. The math was pretty easy.

Since my buddy was 18, when he passed the FST, they let him drive the car and follow the patrol car carrying my dumb ass to the station. @playdeep knows who it was, a guy named Tom Johnson.

Amazingly, I wasn't arrested. I didn't even get a ticket. After a few hours, they let us go.

Looking back and saying things have changed a bit since the 70s might be the biggest understatement ever recorded.

But as I said above, when I got back home, my mom's intervention was the only thing that saved me from a premature death. :p

Great story Ron...glad you mentioned it was Tom.Brings back a lot of memories.
At Rick White's funeral bunch of us Eldorado guys were reminiscing about Tom&Davey.
He was one bad mofo...great guy.
I remember you doing burnouts in the Trans Am in Skaggs parking lot.
...good times.

Reactions: d4l

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
26hours and 38 minutes
Alrighty then, we still have a couple weeks to try it again, so I’m sure a couple more will break curfew and hit the road.

woooo wooooo!! Bring on the girls in the black Lambo!

rrrr

Reaction score
Great story Ron...glad you mentioned it was Tom.Brings back a lot of memories.
At Rick White's funeral bunch of us Eldorado guys were reminiscing about Tom&Davey.
He was one bad mofo...great guy.
I remember you doing burnouts in the Trans Am in Skaggs parking lot.
...good times.

I had forgotten Rick passed away. We have lost a bunch of good people, and many of them died before reaching 25.

I think I have told you that Tom died in 2010, when a Jeep he was riding in rolled down a 250' embankment in Kern County. The driver of the Jeep died too. Just as you might expect, Tom wasn't wearing any restraints.

traquer

Reaction score
So looks like this run was about 45 min faster than the last record which I believe was last year. Not sure how much time that is but it's probably quite a bit.

The previous record holder rigged an aircraft avoidance system on the car (to alert them of CHP above), as well as used FLIR and a bunch of other cool gear. They even repainted the car and painted over parts of the tailights to make the car as bland as possible. I like their record more haha. It was funny when they said they felt proud but knew someone would beat them. I had no idea how but glad there's always a new record holder and keeps the sport alive.

d4l

Reaction score
Here is some insight on how these cars are set up today. Ed Held the record for 5 years up untill the end of last year. There is tons of CB related content on Vinwiki.