WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Wakeboarding Section??

pkbullet

Reaction score
The river is narrow. By my old place its maybe 300’ wide. It wouldnt be unusal for a boat to be 15-20’ off my dock and the wave would wash up onto the dock.
Also, most docks are free floating fingers attached to the shore, so they flex hard hard with wave action.

View attachment 871273
Makes sense, we have white cap rollers that crash over edge of our dock but are free floating. I think the type of dock produced in our area has to be pretty durable because of our weather events. Its funny to look at you pick because on a holiday weekend sometimes you have to wait to jump off the top of ours because boats are so close.

2Driver

Reaction score
Makes sense, we have white cap rollers that crash over edge of our dock but are free floating. I think the type of dock produced in our area has to be pretty durable because of our weather events. Its funny to look at you pick because on a holiday weekend sometimes you have to wait to jump off the top of ours because boats are so close.

What lake is that? That boat house is awesome. Lake Travis , Ozaks?

teded

Reaction score
I’ll be able to post pictures of my dock ropes breaking, boat coming loose and and banging into the sea wall. It’s not the towers fault, it’s the overloaded ballast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carrera205

Reaction score
D560A343-A380-48A9-A91A-36CDC328F0B3.jpeg

pkbullet

Reaction score
What lake is that? That boat house is awesome. Lake Travis , Ozaks?
Possum Kingdom, TX. We love it. We live in Las Cruces NM, so it is the same time to go to Havasu, PK, or Travis. For us the water quality, consistency and ability to live on the water made it an easy decision. Havasu is cool, but the thought of having to launch more than once a season sounds horrible. Our wakeboard boat only will see a trailer the day we bought it and trade it. Our DCB stays in all season and can have mobile maintenance done one both. Cool lake, check it out.

Reaction score
You guys are harsh. Lol.

you have no idea, if you create a wakeboard section you'll never hear the end of it. on the up side you will gain some new members and maybe new paying advertisers. It's like pick your poison...

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
It seems there are a few nice homes on PK lake

pkbullet

Reaction score
It seems there are a few nice homes on PK lake

It has a wide variety of homes. Third generation fishing cabins and fuck you money places where they land their helicopters. Lake property use to be leased, several year ago we were allowed to buy out property, and there has been significant investment since then.

Reactions: DWC

DC-88

Reaction score
you have no idea, if you create a wakeboard section you'll never hear the end of it. on the up side you will gain some new members and maybe new paying advertisers. It's like pick your poison...
Link all videos or pics of the "surfing" to @kookoftheday and just watch the followers roll in for river-daves-place insta. I've had a couple videos from my front yard of the dorkmanship re-posted there in the past....

DC-88

Reaction score
Fuck wake board boats. Wanna surf? Try the ocean.

And learn how to single ski while you are at it! Teach your kids the right way to boat.

(This is not aimed at you Dave. Just my idea of telling the harsh truth).
Fuckin' around behind a boat on a surfboard was fine for many, many, many years. Now that boats were developed that destroy the water for miles on narrow rivers, along with other boat hulls, shoreline, docks etc . it won't be long till' the govt. will be here ready to help.... No bueno

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Fuckin' around behind a boat on a surfboard was fine for many, many, many years. Now that boats were developed that destroy the water for miles on narrow rivers, along with other boat hulls, shoreline, docks etc . it won't be long till' the govt. will be here ready to help.... No bueno

And not soon enough in this situation.

It could be so simple really, just enforce the existing laws!

I vote those wake boats should have to have there Hull numbers one foot high on the back and sides of their boats.

Life changes real quick when you can't be anonymous anymore!! LoL

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
And not soon enough in this situation.

It could be so simple really, just enforce the existing laws!

I vote those wake boats should have to have there Hull numbers one foot high on the back and sides of their boats.

Life changes real quick when you can't be anonymous anymore!! LoL

Then there should be limits on the size of the boat on the rivers too. All these huge off shore cats cruising down the river. You don’t say anything about those because you think they are cool. No complaints about those huge wakes. Sorry old man but the wake board boats are the present and future of boating. All us younger guys aren’t aspiring to have a huge Howard,Eliminator, DCB whatever. We want the G25, Malibu, Tiga’, Mastercrafts. I will say I love the power boats but they are not what I would buy. That’s reality. But you don’t here me trashing them. Remember the rules. Be nice or leave.

badluck

Reaction score
Wife was adamant about not getting a wakeboard boat, until I got one. Now she loves it. If you haven’t been in one you should definitely try it. Very comfortable and user friendly. Plenty of room with 2 families. I like all boats and water sports. We had both kids on wakeboarding at 4 and on a single ski by 5. No tubes were allowed until they could ski on a single ski. They also surf. In fact we all surf ski and board. It’s really the drivers that are the issue. We won’t surf until later in the day and never where people are skiing. Empty the ballast as soon as your finished people! I actually see why people surf. To me it’s a bit boring but it’s no impact. Boarding hurts, the landings destroy my back. I’d be down for a wakeboarding section. Probably get a lot more advertising. If there is room for jet boats there has to be room for roll bar boats. lol

boatnam2

Reaction score
I surf first thing in the morning, on a Saturday on parker by 9am the water is usually done and that's when I call it a day dump ballast and it is just another 23ft boat on the river. Parker will always be rough on a weekend with or without roll bar boats.

PlanB

Reaction score
Then there should be limits on the size of the boat on the rivers too. All these huge off shore cats cruising down the river. You don’t say anything about those because you think they are cool. No complaints about those huge wakes. Sorry old man but the wake board boats are the present and future of boating. All us younger guys aren’t aspiring to have a huge Howard,Eliminator, DCB whatever. We want the G25, Malibu, Tiga’, Mastercrafts. I will say I love the power boats but they are not what I would buy. That’s reality. But you don’t here me trashing them. Remember the rules. Be nice or leave.

Cats don't make much wake. A 40' Skater at speed can blast by me in the gorge, and it barley rocks my boat on the beach. A wake board boat goes by with some ballast, hold the fuck on.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
Cats don't make much wake. A 40' Skater at speed can blast by me in the gorge, and it barley rocks my boat on the beach. A wake board boat goes by with some ballast, hold the fuck on.

Sorry but those big boats do have a good size wake on a shallow river. Especially when not at high speeds.

Last edited:

JB in so cal

Reaction score
I'd be up for a wake section of it includes cases of owners being charged or fined for damage.

Wicky

Mr. Potatohead
Reaction score
Last time one of the assfucks were cruising by my boat over and over, I reeled in my line and went out and zig zagged in front of them going a mile an hour faster thean they were. I became the asshole and gave them a taste of their own medicine. Now, I try to fuck up their water until they give up and move. They don't like their own medicine. FUCK em.

Mototrig

Reaction score
Last time one of the assfucks were cruising by my boat over and over, I reeled in my line and went out and zig zagged in front of them going a mile an hour faster thean they were. I became the asshole and gave them a taste of their own medicine. Now, I try to fuck up their water until they give up and move. They don't like their own medicine. FUCK em.
I actually wonder why more boaters don't do this. It's not like they can catch up with you topping out at 37mph LoL. Fight fire with fire.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Nithing more entitled than a fisherman.. lol.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
With regard to wakeboard boats there is a lot of truth to what skidmarc said above. They are the present and future of boating whether we like it or not.

you can add up every single performance boat Mfg in the country and they wouldn’t produce as many boats as a single large wakeboat manufacturer..

that said my idea of a v drive us still something like this
892136B8-EBD3-4E3F-8267-0A9A6F7EB8DF.jpeg
9AAAC740-B2CD-4214-B9AA-480CB6280133.jpeg

RD

StevieHops

Reaction score
I surf first thing in the morning, on a Saturday on parker by 9am the water is usually done and that's when I call it a day dump ballast and it is just another 23ft boat on the river. Parker will always be rough on a weekend with or without roll bar boats.

I'm a roll bar guy and do a lot of different water sports (Slalom, hydrofoil, board and surf) We only surf if its chopped out. First thing in the morning glass should be saved for the boarders, skiers and jet botes. I hate seeing people surf when its glassy.

Wicky

Mr. Potatohead
Reaction score
I'm a roll bar guy and do a lot of different water sports (Slalom, hydrofoil, board and surf) We only surf if its chopped out. First thing in the morning glass should be saved for the boarders, skiers and jet botes. I hate seeing people surf when its glassy.
I hate it when people call it surfing.

Wicky

Mr. Potatohead
Reaction score
Lets start calling it fisherman repellent
I have more wakeboard repellant than you could ever fathom. Wake me, and you will never wake me again.s You fucked with the wrong fisherman.

hallett21

Reaction score
Bunch of kayakers in here.

I’m been flipped off by fisherman while waterskiing.

Cut off by DCBs.

Swamped by a wakeboard wake.

Cut off by a jet skier.

So what? There are ass holes everywhere. It’s the driver not the boat.

I’m in for a wakeboard section. I’ll post wakeskate, wake board and waterski pics [emoji1303]