WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Salon owner jailed after keeping her salon open during the shutdown.....

EmpirE231

Reaction score
I don't think the judge broke any laws, but I'm not an attorney. But the arresting officer felt she did and a judge did also, not saying the punishment fit the crime either, it was harsh.

I'm not one to give up freedoms but I do understand public and personal safety and everyone doing there part. We are all in this together if you ask me.

1588889664881.png

Singleton

Reaction score
At some point we gotta wonder why in the fuck you would need a “license” to cut hair in the first place.. lol

There in lies the root of government over reach.

I am just happy to get a trim. My hair was out of control.
paid my stylist double normal to get it done and worth every penny!

the debate on what gets licensed vs not is a different topic and IMO, the state requires licenses on some items that should not require on and others with no license is the WTF answer.

EmpirE231

Reaction score
Great quote! But he was referencing new technologies and government surveillance. Those were very different times.

lol no, it has been recently used to reference "new technologies and govt surveillance". That is not the context it was used in when he said it.

regardless of times, still a very valid quote currently if you ask me.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
omg is she a 1 %'r ? lock her back up.....damn evil, business owning Americans.........:rolleyes:
You can’t lock her up. How is she going to feed her children is what she told the judge. Check her social media pages. She’s doing just fine. ;)

rrrr

Reaction score
You can’t lock her up. How is she going to feed her children is what she told the judge. Check her social media pages. She’s doing just fine. ;)

Perhaps you're just too dumb to realize what's posted on her social media pages has nothing to do with what has happened in her life during the past 90 days.

That's what I'm going with.

NicPaus

Reaction score
She might of been doing it for her employees as well. Lots of mouths to feed when you are the Boss. Not just her kids.

Reactions: DWC

wzuber

Reaction score
Perhaps you're just too dumb to realize what's posted on her social media pages has nothing to do with what has happened in her life during the past 90 days.

That's what I'm going with.
The "shallow crub" is only concerned with his reflection in the mirror.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
She broke the law, period. Was the judge harsh? Yeah. But I'm not going to sit and go wo is her when she is getting an obscene amount of money for breaking the law.

Judges don’t make laws.
She broke no law.

She went against an executive order that was decreed by a judge.

An executive order that both the governor and state attorney general basically nullified

She could have avoided jail time if she had bent her knee before the judge and apologized. I don’t know what kind of “laws” are in your state, but if refusing to bend a knee toward a judge is criminal, then I’d probably be a criminal as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rrrr

Reaction score
Judges don’t make laws.
She broke no law.

She went against an executive order that was decreed by a judge.

An executive order that both the governor and state attorney general basically nullified.

Just to clarify, the orders were decreed by the Dallas County Judge, an elected position in Texas that is analogous to a mayor. He is not a judge in the sense of presiding over a court.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score

the debate on what gets licensed vs not is a different topic and IMO, the state requires licenses on some items that should not require on and others with no license is the WTF answer.
Licenses are not all logical.
As a car dealership I, for some unknown reason, was required to have and pay for a health dept license. Wtf for? I was not a food service or hair salon.🤔

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
As a car dealership I, for some unknown reason, was required to have and pay for a health dept license. Wtf for? I was not a food service or hair salon.🤔

Probably all the free popcorn. Lol

pronstar

Reaction score
Just to clarify, the orders were decreed by the Dallas County Judge, an elected position in Texas that is analogous to a mayor. He is not a judge in the sense of presiding over a court.

True.

But he’s also not a lawmaker.

If the law doesn’t exist outside of his decree, the I don’t believe a law was broken...what do you think?

You’ve been here a lot longer than I have [emoji106]

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score

License to cut hair at between $15.00 -$40.00. No license to work on $100K-$1m boat, doesn't make sense to me.

Mcob25rg

Reaction score
License ( read tax ) is STRICTLY to raise revenue, and doesn’t have to be founded in logic OR reason, just passed by the elected. Think about these things the next time you have a chance to vote. If you were elected, you’re a servant, not a dictator

C-2

Reaction score
Most professional licensing agencies were created by professionals themselves as a way to separate professionals from quacks. In Cali, it was physicians way back in 1875.

Most licensing agencies in Cali are also "special fund" agencies. Their budget and operation expenses come from licensing fees/fines collected from the licensees, not the State.

It gets weird though when a licensing board tries to impose discipline on a licensee. The State (via the Attorney General) charges the licensing agency to prosecute the case in the administrative courts. Often, it may cost the licensing board $10,000 in "legal fees" (representation by the Attorney General) to prosecute a $1000 citation.

rrrr

Reaction score
True.

But he’s also not a lawmaker.

If the law doesn’t exist outside of his decree, the I don’t believe a law was broken...what do you think?

You’ve been here a lot longer than I have [emoji106]

I don't know the extent of his executive powers, but although he may be legally able to implement orders in the event of an emergency, I seriously doubt that law gives him or the police the ability to arbitrarily fine and jail offenders.

Thunderhead1

Reaction score
My BIl is a cop for the city of Montclair. They were told to write the 1000 dollar tickets

That's San Bernardino County... Im sure the folks over there will be just as pissed.

Last edited:

wzuber

Reaction score
My BIl is a cop for the city of Montclair. They were told to write the 1000 dollar tickets
revenue generators is what the LEO's have become in many cases. Apparently Their taking full advantage of this one.

rrrr

Reaction score
revenue generators is what the LEO's have become in many cases. Apparently Their taking full advantage of this one.

And I'll guarantee they are disgusted by it, along with being stripped of the ability to defend themselves. If this shit continues, in a few years who will want to be a cop? I'm not ready to be policed by Tackleberry.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
I have been watching and listening to this story ever since last weekend when I was driving while Glenn Beck readio show was covering this. I would lie to say that do not have an opinion, but tonight Hannity at the end of his interview with her said I'm making a Donation to you and your Cause.🤔

pronstar

Reaction score
So I was listening to a lawyer on Fox, she said the jail term wasn’t actually for opening the salon.

The judge gave her a choice to bend a knee and apologize.
She refused.

So according to this lawyer, she technically was jailed for contempt.

nowski

Reaction score
I hope I never get this cynical. What she did took personal bravery. It's a great lesson for the rest of us, and shouldn't be denegrated.

We have two barbers in my neighborhood that have been working out of their homes since their barber shops have been closed down.. I agree with them 100 percent with what there doing to support their families.

Are they criminals? To me their doing the right thing.

This hairdresser could have taken the same path and worked from home like many barbers and hairdressers have done. She stood up for her rights to feed her family and didn't back down in front of the judge and I applaud her for that. I just hope she has a Big Heart and donates some of her Go Fund me money to someone in need...

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
So I was listening to a lawyer on Fox, she said the jail term wasn’t actually for opening the salon.

The judge gave her a choice to bend a knee and apologize.
She refused.

So according to this lawyer, she technically was jailed for contempt.

If you saw the courtroom video or heard her recording of it, he told her she must apologize for being "selfish" and when she didn't he said she was in Contempt of Court and sentenced her to jail.

It was never about breaking the law - she didn't. And it was never about breaking the order which she did. It was all about THIS JUDGE and his power play, needing to make an example of her and bow down before him in "his court" and to her credit, she did not bend or bow to him and she took his punishment.

The good news is his position is up for election this November. If there's any justice he will lose and be looking for work this year

4Waters

Reaction score
If you saw the courtroom video or heard her recording of it, he told her she must apologize for being "selfish" and when she didn't he said she was in Contempt of Court and sentenced her to jail.

It was never about breaking the law - she didn't. And it was never about breaking the order which she did. It was all about THIS JUDGE and his power play, needing to make an example of her and bow down before him in "his court" and to her credit, she did not bend or bow to him and she took his punishment.

The good news is his position is up for election this November. If there's any justice he will lose and be looking for work this year
If she didn't break the law then why was she in court?

Just a question, I am on her side.

Wedgy

Reaction score
If she didn't break the law then why was she in court?

Just a question, I am on her side.

Absolute Power, Corrupts Absolutely.

The Chain of Command, Willing Violating the U.S. Constitution. Dallas Country DA, on Down, following and enforcing the Unconstitutional "Orders,". (Which are not LAW)... The Governor, in his Emergency Declaration, delegated SIP to local Municipalities, Hence the myriad "Lord of the Flies." LE approaches, by some corrupt individuals, who fail to follow their Oath to the Supreme Law, The U.S. Constitution. IMO

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
So how much is the tally up to? Good for her standing strong

530RL

Reaction score

The government at all levels and from both parties have been increasingly forcing we the people to get permission to practice a trade or start a business. And it keeps getting worse. Here is a good group who fights the big government bandwagon.

rcmike

Reaction score
If she didn't break any law or order, why did she get arrested in the first place?
Because the judge is hoping she caught the virus in the jail so he could grandstand and say he was just trying to save the community from these viral haircutters, and oh by the way the donation website for the judges run for congress is.....

Judge knows they are gonna need a new idiot to replace Schiff..