WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

SpaceX 5/27

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Have you been following their Starlink program? I think they have launched about 500 satellites in the last year or so to build a mesh orbit that will cover the entire globe in high speed wireless internet coverage. They launch 60 at a time and are shooting for a total of between 20 and 40 thousand satellites. They have been doing a launch every couple weeks for quite a while now, not a lot of media coverage on it.

They are going to upset the hell out of the broadband and cellular markets in 10 years.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
Have you been following their Starlink program? I think they have launched about 500 satellites in the last year or so to build a mesh orbit that will cover the entire globe in high speed wireless internet coverage. They launch 60 at a time and are shooting for a total of between 20 and 40 thousand satellites. They have been doing a launch every couple weeks for quite a while now, not a lot of media coverage on it.

They are going to upset the hell out of the broadband and cellular markets in 10 years.

I have been. My son works for the group building them up in Washington. He was actually building them but now helps designs and builds the test equipment. I am waiting to get in the early test phase of the internet soon.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Job i am at now in Pedro. Inspector said Space X will be building a new facility by here. Along with the rebuild of ports o call. Rent should rise and neighborhood values will jump.

4Waters

Reaction score
SpaceX will be launching a manned Dragon capsule to the space station on 5/27. It will be the first manned space flight from this country since 7/8/11.
Where are they launching from?

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
thought I saw a tv ad about "space launch" on discovery or history yesterday. Guessing televising the launch.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Is the Dragon sitting atop a Falcon9 or is it using another booster?

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Liftoff is set for 4:33 p.m. EDT (2033 GMT)

dragon.jpg

Streaming media
Cable
Satellite
Availability
WebsiteNASA TV
DirecTVChannel 352
Dish NetworkChannel 286
Galaxy 13127°W: 3920 V / 28.0681 / 3/4
Transp. 11 using DVB-S[2]
Hot Bird13°E: 11373 H / 27500 / 3/4[1]
Eutelsat 7B7°E: 10887 H / 30000 / 4/5[1]
Eutelsat 5 West A5°W: 12732 V / 29950 / 3/4[1]
Available on U.S. cable systemsConsult local cable provider for availability
Ustream
YouTubeLive streams playlist
Pluto TVChannel 694

Screen Shot 2020-05-26 at 10.30.17 PM.png

Spudsbud

Reaction score
Cars or Rockets...... dont bet against Muskie !

caribbean20

Reaction score
Yall better tune in tomorrow.

Spacex.com
Spaceflightnow
Nasatv

American should stop what they are doing to watch this!!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I’m all over it like ugly on an ape. Will be watching for sure. Will you be one of those guys watching from the control room in Hawthorne? So cool in any case.

I used to work just down the road from you, Mattel, in El Segundo.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I’m looking at the NASA channel (352) on DTV and I don’t see a clear indication of when it’s going off?
I see “NASA X” at 1:00 PM and “Explore NASA” at 1:30 PM. (AZ Time)

MSum661

Reaction score
They're planning for launch and saying it is a go!

Taboma

Reaction score
I see that but it looks like it's cruising up into the Carolina's?

If it stays near shore, the better I think. Interesting flight path and escape strategy, eliminating the cold waters of the North Atlantic for an emergency splashdown.
SpaceX downrange.JPG

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
I’m all over it like ugly on an ape. Will be watching for sure. Will you be one of those guys watching from the control room in Hawthorne? So cool in any case.

I used to work just down the road from you, Mattel, in El Segundo.
I'll be watching from home. If covid wasn't happening I would be right in front of mission control!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

MSum661

Reaction score
Crew getting strapped in ....

WhatExit?

Reaction score
This is awesome! So different than what we've seen in the past

Kbach

Reaction score
I’ve come to realize I will get nothing done at work today since I’ve had it on all morning. Also have the kiddos watching at home instead of doing their “distance learning” crap. This is much more educational.

HitIt

Reaction score
Weather looks terrible. Hope it works out...

setup.jpg

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Those suits look straight out of a Sci-Fi movie. This shit is badass!

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

riverroyal

Reaction score
I dunno, the world is in Covid turmoil. People are broke, unemployment is staggering, havasu is packed and there are 2 dudes going to space for some reason I really doubt we need
Im so confused

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
I’ve come to realize I will get nothing done at work today since I’ve had it on all morning. Also have the kiddos watching at home instead of doing their “distance learning” crap. This is much more educational.

Inspiring a new generation of astronauts and explorers!!

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
I dunno, the world is in Covid turmoil. People are broke, unemployment is staggering, havasu is packed and there are 2 dudes going to space for some reason I really doubt we need
Im so confused

Opening up a new sector of commercial aerospace that provides jobs to thousands of vendors and manufacturers.
Creating a new space race between Virgin, Rocketlabs, ULA, and many more.....thus creating jobs
The more people that can get to space cheaper the more we can grow as a civilization.
Experiments on ISS showing organs can be grown easier in zero gravity. Need to get more scientists into space
Inspiring a new generation of astronauts and explorers.
Launching US astronauts from US soil for the first time in 9 years.
1st private company to launch astronauts.
No longer paying 90 million a seat on Soyuz
Showing that having a drive and a goal anything is possible in the USA. Everyone told Elon no and that he couldn't do it.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Opening up a new sector of commercial aerospace that provides jobs to thousands of vendors and manufacturers.
Creating a new space race between Virgin, Rocketlabs, ULA, and many more.....thus creating jobs
The more people that can get to space cheaper the more we can grow as a civilization.
Experiments on ISS showing organs can be grown easier in zero gravity. Need to get more scientists into space
Showing that having a drive and a goal anything is possible in the USA. Everyone told Elon no and that he couldn't do it.
Thank you. Among many other reasons.....

riverroyal

Reaction score
I know i know,,,,,,,im watching. Pretty amazing

MSum661

Reaction score
They're going to dump fuel into the Beast.
Liquid Oxygen.

Last edited:

MissB

The Asset..
Reaction score
Im so confused
Lighten up Francis. :p

Tank

Reaction score
This is pretty bad ass!

I see "social media" or at least filming and narrating launches like this as a while new ballgame for this stuff to get more people excited about launches.

SO freakin weird to see astronauts and a big 'ol rocket ready to go with not very much NASA logo's all over the place. Seems very sci-fi-ish. I see a couple but not very much like back in the 80's

WhatExit?

Reaction score
Im so confused

If you watch NASA channel you can tune out all the other "stuff" and focus on what's important right now. Made in the USA! Launch America!

27 minutes and counting...

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
Sounds like they're aborting due to weather :confused:

Listening to it on the radio in the shop while i get the boat ready for a trip up to Pirates Cove this weekend.

Tank

Reaction score
No launch.

Disappointing.

Did they explain why they were sending these guys up? Were they going to the space station or just one step closer to space travel for people kind've deal?