WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Toy hauler comparison! Any one have expertise

DoughBallin14

Reaction score
So weird predicament for me. For once apples to apples seems to be way common on these to trailers. Besides the name and manufacture. Although i seem to see they have some connection on the about us page.

Anyone have experience with either brand. Pros cons etc. is the price difference affecting in quality?

- both are identical layouts, warranties, lenght, weight, capacity, features, etc.

- heartland torque is about 58-70k
- cruiser rv stryker is about 45-62k

most of the interior is the same as far as color, materials, appliances etc. anyways thanks for the input fellas!

Torque trailer layout...
38C1256C-7147-4C65-821C-8FC8F8496E4F.jpeg

Stryker layout same...

200326FC-4B30-463F-BFCB-9C00161E3C69.png

DoughBallin14

Reaction score
Oops just read daves update about posting the proper places and no excuses haha can admin move this to trailers thread please. 😵😊

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Both made by heartland which is owned by Thor so...... not many differences, if at all. I believe there are only about 3 different RV manufacturers in the US. There are a few smaller ones around too but they are pretty regional.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
My best friend has that same model torque. It’s a piece of crap!! Btw it will not fit a 4 seat rzr with aftermarket wheels and tires so consider that!

He has had 4 blow outs even with “g” rated tires still needs a 3rd axel. Ac stopped working. Fridge is broken. Landing gear broke twice. Slides leaks when it rains. Piece of crap.

Run away!

DoughBallin14

Reaction score
My best friend has that same model torque. It’s a piece of crap!! Btw it will not fit a 4 seat rzr with aftermarket wheels and tires so consider that!

He has had 4 blow outs even with “g” rated tires still needs a 3rd axel. Ac stopped working. Fridge is broken. Landing gear broke twice. Slides leaks when it rains. Piece of crap.

Run away!
Good to hear thank you.
luckily for me wife wants a 2 seat rzr and me and the kid are on bikes which fit in the truck. Good info from both of you guys. Hard to find any brand really these days that doesnt have problems. Heard about all the same issues from friends with Heartlands, Grand designs, and especially atittudes, and we wont go down the warrior road of the 2000s haha

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
We had a Heartland Cyclone.
Was built as well, and as poorly, as the
much-smaller Stellar we had.

Few RV’s (that mortals can afford) are built with anything approaching “excellent” build quality IMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CLdrinker

Reaction score

Run away!
Sounds like a normal rv

Spray-N-Sand

Reaction score
The whole 3rd axle dilemma , class A license, etc. I’ve got a 34’ Attitude (31 CRSG), it’s a dual 8K axle with G rated tires, it tows great with my 2 seater Canned Ham. I had a 2014 Thunderbolt XLR, 38’ heavy as hell and had only dual 6k axles, so definitely watch whats under it. as for the 12.5 garage, my XLR had a 12‘ garage and it was miserable, my at the time Artic Cat would barely fit, so seriously watch that as well.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I haven’t had any issues. Guess I better keep a close eye on it.
View attachment 886427
You gotten really lucky IMHO on not having tire issues with that much weight on only the 2. Replace the tires with the same ones you have now. Lol!
The whole 3rd axle dilemma , class A license, etc. I’ve got a 34’ Attitude (31 CRSG), it’s a dual 8K axle with G rated tires, it tows great with my 2 seater Canned Ham. I had a 2014 Thunderbolt XLR, 38’ heavy as hell and had only dual 6k axles, so definitely watch whats under it. as for the 12.5 garage, my XLR had a 12‘ garage and it was miserable, my at the time Artic Cat would barely fit, so seriously watch that as well.
Erd axle itself has nothing to do with license class. Its all about the gvwr. Also there is the RV endorsement that will raise your allowable gvwr for a class c license.

Cdog

Reaction score
2 axles are a lot easier to maneuver. We have a Genesis 34gs/37 feet long. So far no problems.

riverrat4lfe

Reaction score
If you are looking at a bumper pull trailer do yourself a favor and take a look at the Vortex 2715 by Genesis they are made in CA and a great trailer.
The best dealer to contact is Desert Rv the owner is Jeff Rose

IMG_0879.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Weight distribution, 6 tires is always safer than 4, Triple axles tow very easy and stable.
Weird my dual axle tows so well I don’t even need my load Distribution/sway control hitch...

CLdrinker

Reaction score
If you are looking at a bumper pull trailer do yourself a favor and take a look at the Vortex 2715 by Genesis they are made in CA and a great trailer.

View attachment 886465

This is the trailer I wanted to buy but Genesis won’t build a dual slide bumper pull for some reason.

DoughBallin14

Reaction score

View attachment 886465

Thanks for the suggestion. Ill look at the layouts and see what looks good. I know the wife is dead set on a separate garage at the least so i know i need to find that. Seems more available in the 5th wheel haulers but damn they are so much more expensive then the bumper pulls.

ramos45

Reaction score
We have walked through both and for us it will be the Stryker. The little extra bling inside tipped the lady to this one and I like the colors too. That Vortex is nice but what I like about the Stryker is they have a residential King bed and no wheel wells inside. I'm curious to hear what you think when you walk through them.

DoughBallin14

Reaction score
We have walked through both and for us it will be the Stryker. The little extra bling inside tipped the lady to this one and I like the colors too. That Vortex is nice but what I like about the Stryker is they have a residential King bed and no wheel wells inside. I'm curious to hear what you think when you walk through them.
Waiting for my local dealers to get either ones in stock to actually see them. Not exactly in the mood to order something before even looking and walking through one 👎🏽 They all say within the next couple months. Ill let you know my thoughts.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Waiting for my local dealers to get either ones in stock to actually see them. Not exactly in the mood to order something before even looking and walking through one 👎🏽 They all say within the next couple months. Ill let you know my thoughts.

There is crap in stock (sold out) and manufactures are just starting up. I'm looking at a 3-4 month lead time on our trailer.

DoughBallin14

Reaction score
There is crap in stock (sold out) and manufactures are just starting up. I'm looking at a 3-4 month lead time on our trailer.
Been hearing the same things lately which is fine with me i am looking at having it in hand finally come Start of the year but i want to see ones i like first..... crazy that some places want a pretty penny for what they do have in stock and some are doing a decent sale price/discount on their stock items. Forget the used market these days too, prices never came down on toys still.
Thanks Covid

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Been hearing the same things lately which is fine with me i am looking at having it in hand finally come Start of the year but i want to see ones i like first..... crazy that some places want a pretty penny for what they do have in stock and some are doing a decent sale price/discount on their stock items. Forget the used market these days too, prices never came down on toys still.
Thanks Covid

The issue is no one is flying anymore for vaca's so RV sales jumped.... Richardson RV sold something like 200 units in 2-3 weeks when they opened from Covid.

I looked for used and nothing is out there, or they are overpriced and for 10k more I can have new and have my own issues and not someones elses.

ramos45

Reaction score

Here in Vegas Blue Dog doesn't have any Strykers in stock but are waiting. Johnnie Walker has some Torque and Winnebago models but they are priced way over the Stryker. I walked through the Stryker models earlier in the year when they were at Blue dog. I eye fuked everything on RVtrader and youtube and keep coming back to Stryker for placement of TV, King bed and wheel wells and ground clearance. I was looking heavily into ATC but just can't do with the price tag.

I already know when we are ready to buy after getting out of our current TT I'll be driving either to Utah or as far as Indiana for the savings they offer unless someone closer can come close.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion. Ill look at the layouts and see what looks good. I know the wife is dead set on a separate garage at the least so i know i need to find that. Seems more available in the 5th wheel haulers but damn they are so much more expensive then the bumper pulls.
A friend of ours had a 34' (I can't recall the precise length but it was somewhere around there) Raptor 5th wheel with a 10' garage. They barely ever used it compared to their motorhome they moved from. The problem was with that length trailer and a divided garage, you're stuck with a small garage that can barely fit a 2 seat SxS and a small living space that really can only sit about 4 comfortably. The only thing in it that was reflective of the 34' length was the good size bedroom and bathroom.

DoughBallin14

Reaction score
Well in a rich mans world without debt my wife says heres the one i would buy for us..... i said looks cool and layout is for sure different butttt it would only work if we all rode dirtbikes or maybe one quad and 2 bikes. No sxs in that bad boy. Plus a 50 or 2.
🤦🏽‍♂️🍻 sometimes i wonder.
5BA2AE8E-F7CC-48EA-8699-C4EE84618DAD.png

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Well in a rich mans world without debt my wife says heres the one i would buy for us..... i said looks cool and layout is for sure different butttt it would only work if we all rode dirtbikes or maybe one quad and 2 bikes. No sxs in that bad boy. Plus a 50 or 2.
[emoji2363][emoji482] sometimes i wonder.
View attachment 886886
Along with a 1 ton dually. 15k unloaded weight?! Sucker would most definitely be tipping in close to, or over 20k loaded down with all the options checked.

DoughBallin14

Reaction score
Along with a 1 ton dually. 15k unloaded weight?! Sucker would most definitely be tipping in close to, or over 20k loaded down with all the options checked.

Might as well just grab a freight sport chassis as well just to enjoy the ride. Has to be over 20k all loaded and optioned out!
had a buddy that had a 50 footer warrior back in the day and their f650 with that pour cat motor in it was struggling he said that was over 25k load with their all star car and a few bikes.

fmo24

Reaction score
Just buy a diesel pusher and enclosed trailer 😝 seriously though do not settle. Keep shopping until you find floor plan you like. They are all shit some are just worse

riverroyal

Reaction score
Good to hear thank you.
luckily for me wife wants a 2 seat rzr and me and the kid are on bikes which fit in the truck. Good info from both of you guys. Hard to find any brand really these days that doesnt have problems. Heard about all the same issues from friends with Heartlands, Grand designs, and especially atittudes, and we wont go down the warrior road of the 2000s haha
I had warrior in the time period....my blood pressure just went up.
Damn that was a nightmare.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Might as well just grab a freight sport chassis as well just to enjoy the ride. Has to be over 20k all loaded and optioned out!
had a buddy that had a 50 footer warrior back in the day and their f650 with that pour cat motor in it was struggling he said that was over 25k load with their all star car and a few bikes.
With the modern 1 tons having at or above a 30k 5th wheel/gooseneck rating, a 1 ton dually should work well. But add another 60 to 70k onto that bill.

Patyacht

Reaction score
My .02: Having just sold a 42' Raptor 5th wheel, the Raptor, Fusion and Momemtum make the best 5th wheels in your price range, but they ALL have issues. I'd never buy a Thor product. They cut corners more than the rest of them. Measure the Garage. If they say 12' usable it WILL BE LESS!! Usually at least 6"'s less usable length than advertised! And watch where they put the Washer/dryer cus that even reduces usable length if in the garage.

DoughBallin14

Reaction score
Anyone deal with the DuneSport brand on toy hauler trailers. Supposedly custom built with what you want. Seen some pictures now of some cool layouts.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
For those prices i would buy a vacation property, damn ... with registration, insurance, gas, maintenance. Campground fees yadda yadda thats a lot of bread now.

DoughBallin14

Reaction score
For those prices i would buy a vacation property, damn ... with registration, insurance, gas, maintenance. Campground fees yadda yadda thats a lot of bread now.
Agreed!! For us that means 2 vacation properties with tiny house on them haha one for desert one for river. Or Trailer, reg fees, camp ground fees, etc. cost of fun and not keeping your family and kids sheltered inside 🤷🏽‍♂️

Big B Hova

HOSS
Reaction score
I might be selling my 2018 Shockwave 24FS (box actually measures almost 28 feet plus tongue) Crazy roomy non slide toy hauler. 13 foot deep garage, 2 captains chairs, 2 TV's, Single larger AC. Upgraded speakers inside and out. Elect. bed, awaning. Awesome set up. 2 axles. 6500lbs dry I believe. Here are the stock photos and a few real ones.

Looking to go a different route.... possibly river house....

24FS.jpg
Shockwave-T24FS-02122020_141458.jpg
Shockwave-T24FS-02122020_141504.jpg
20180316_135316.jpg
20200405_135157.jpg

DoughBallin14

Reaction score
I might be selling my 2018 Shockwave 24FS (box actually measures almost 28 feet plus tongue) Crazy roomy non slide toy hauler. 13 foot deep garage, 2 captains chairs, 2 TV's, Single larger AC. Upgraded speakers inside and out. Elect. bed, awaning. Awesome set up. 2 axles. 6500lbs dry I believe. Here are the stock photos and a few real ones.

Looking to go a different route.... possibly river house....

View attachment 887217 View attachment 887218 View attachment 887219 View attachment 887220 View attachment 887221
That thing is pretty sharp and clean!! Ill relay the message to the woman and see how she feels. Thank you