WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Can a prop be shiny again?

Ol Man

Reaction score
After sitting in the water for a week or more, my stainless prop really looks crappy. I have tried Mothers with the cone foam polisher, Mothers in the can wipes, wet and dry of various grits and used Scotch Brite pads. No happiness. Of course I am sure it will not make the Vector go faster.

What do folk use? Looks like everyone has shiny props but me.........of course I could put my spare one on for traveling.

DWC

Reaction score
You could always hug the AZ side at the mouth of the river. It’ll clean it up a bit.
personally i wouldn’t worry about it. As long as there are no dings or bends.
9DB12C83-C9BE-4BB6-9BDE-8EC1CBD47C83.jpeg

Mcob25rg

Reaction score
Not kidding - toilet bowel cleaner. The cheaper, the better. I use Snow Bowel from the Dollar Store. You squirt it on, count to 10, rinse.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Spray bottle with Lime-A-Way or CLR spray on use a soft brush to clean off, spray off with hose then a quick hand polish will have her looking new. (Works great on exhaust tips and your drive as well)

OC Mike

Reaction score
Stainless Steel pot scrubber and plain water every time it comes out.

Last edited:

rrrr

Reaction score
Drop it in a bucket of CLR

I have a set of Merc B3 28P props from a boat that was abandoned at a marina. They were totally crusted, so I soaked them in CLR for a couple of days to clean them up.

The CLR removed the scale, but it also turned the props pink. I've never seen this happen before.

Has anyone ever had this problem and knows a remedy for this?

fastenuff3

Reaction score
After sitting in the water for a week or more, my stainless prop really looks crappy. I have tried Mothers with the cone foam polisher, Mothers in the can wipes, wet and dry of various grits and used Scotch Brite pads. No happiness. Of course I am sure it will not make the Vector go faster.

What do folk use? Looks like everyone has shiny props but me.........of course I could put my spare one on for traveling.
zep tub and tile cleaner.spray on and hose off and cheap.i use it on my exhaust tips after each trip.

Ol Man

Reaction score
Props for all the responses 🙄 Gonna try the oven cleaner that a number recommended.

liv4riv

Reaction score
Try Mag wheel cleaner spry on use scotch-bright then polish with mothers.