WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Arrowhead Beer commercial

Taboma

Reaction score
So how many of you oldie but goodies Lake Arrowhead folks remember seeing these and recall where they were ?

This is how many were still standing when I was a youngster up there, the fourth having already succumbed to termites.
Lake Arrowhead Totem Poles.jpg

How many recall why they were there ? This movie is why, shot in 1939. Anybody recall the name ?

Lake Arrowhead Movie -1.jpg

Lake Arrowhead Movie-2.jpg

Brokeboatin221

Reaction score
Commercial is Hilarious! Thanks for sharing! I started fishing the lake at 2 every b-day, moved up in 94, moved off in 07 and now back. Love the history up here and always have. Hope I don’t ever have to leave again!

welldigger00

Reaction score
There is a big retarded house on the point now. I think it was longs drug store owner that built it. That was a great spot to watch the Fire works when we were kids.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Taboma

Reaction score
There is a big retarded house on the point now. I think it was longs drug store owner that built it. That was a great spot to watch the Fire works when we were kids.

Totem Point Point home LA.jpg

Yup the landscape has changed for sure. :(

When I was a kid, the only thing resembling a road to that area was the horse trail from the stables that were owned by a friend in Blue Jay.
In my teens my buddy and I would party with the stable hand cowboys on weekends. After probably too many beers, it often involved a bare back night ride to the point. More than once ending up on the ground looking up at a horse, staring down at you, you knew he was laughing his ass off. 😂 The good thing was, the horse, having ridden that trail for years, could easily return to the stables on auto-pilot, hopefully you were still on him when he did. :oops:

On the other side of that house was a small beach only accessible by boat or hiking, perfect swimming and ski beach. Across the bay was a huge beaver den, floating in the bay lights off at night you were always assured you'd hear a loud tail slap if you made any noise. Fun place to take a couple of young ladies you'd met at the village outdoor dance pavilion. 👍

Although volumes could be written (And have been) about the number of movies shot up at Lake Arrowhead, the Totem Poles were built in 1939 as part of a Indian Village scene used in the shooting of ----
North of the Yukon.jpg

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
View attachment 898682

Yup the landscape has changed for sure. :(

When I was a kid, the only thing resembling a road to that area was the horse trail from the stables that were owned by a friend in Blue Jay.
In my teens my buddy and I would party with the stable hand cowboys on weekends. After probably too many beers, it often involved a bare back night ride to the point. More than once ending up on the ground looking up at a horse, staring down at you, you knew he was laughing his ass off. 😂 The good thing was, the horse, having ridden that trail for years, could easily return to the stables on auto-pilot, hopefully you were still on him when he did. :oops:

On the other side of that house was a small beach only accessible by boat or hiking, perfect swimming and ski beach. Across the bay was a huge beaver den, floating in the bay lights off at night you were always assured you'd hear a loud tail slap if you made any noise. Fun place to take a couple of young ladies you'd met at the village outdoor dance pavilion. 👍

Although volumes could be written (And have been) about the number of movies shot up at Lake Arrowhead, the Totem Poles were built in 1939 as part of a Indian Village scene used in the shooting of ----
View attachment 898691
That was E. L. Yeager's house.

JayBreww

Reaction score
Kobe (RIP) tried buying the house years ago. Was doing a property inspection on it and the house keeper was telling us some crazy stories. Shorewoods got some incredible homes behind the gate.
The tree on the left is actually pretty need. Starts as one trunk and splits off into three all at the same spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

welldigger00

Reaction score
That was E. L. Yeager's house.

Incorrect-o Jed-o. The E L had the brown one on the other side of rainbow, the the sold to Nick Casulas, when he built the big ass Grey one. I went to the house warming party as a kid, and all I can remember is asking my dad why we didn’t have a lake front house on the ride home. His answer wasn’t pleasant if I remember right.