WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Lojack

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Anyone on here sell or install Lojack Systems?

TOBTEK

Reaction score
I do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TOBTEK

Reaction score
Where are you located? The car is in the San Fernando Valley.

Can have them come to you. Shoot me a text. Can get it installed at your home or work for 549 plus tax.

760-638-38ten

Will be at work at 11 if you want to set up a install. [emoji106]

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Just sent you a text and and thanks. I will have to wait and see when my Dad's car returns from the body shop after being damaged from the recent theft. I'm guessing his car will be finished sometime next week but there is no guarantee.

Can have them come to you. Shoot me a text. Can get it installed at your home or work for 549 plus tax.

760-638-38ten

Will be at work at 11 if you want to set up a install. [emoji106]

Last edited:

Loony Toon

Reaction score
We had Lojack installed in 02 and two years ago I contacted their Customer "NO" Service to see about getting it checked out and see if it was still in operation.
Got nothing but a run a round from those jack offs. FUCK LOJACK

that is all I got

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
I had Lojack on another car and had good service with them.

We had Lojack installed in 02 and two years ago I contacted their Customer "NO" Service to see about getting it checked out and see if it was still in operation.
Got nothing but a run a round from those jack offs. FUCK LOJACK

that is all I got

TOBTEK

Reaction score
I’ve sold THOUSANDS of Lojack over the year. Very few issues. Of course things happen from time to time. Hard to make everyone happy all the time.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
It was a pleasure talking with you today. Will definitely be calling once the car is out of the body shop.

I’ve sold THOUSANDS of Lojack over the year. Very few issues. Of course things happen from time to time. Hard to make everyone happy all the time.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score

LOL!!, instead of investigating a remedy to the issue, = HYJACK A THREAD.

🤣

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
@TOBTEK

We are going to get my Dad's car from the shop today so will be calling you later to set up getting LoJack installed. Is the $549 + Tax unit the basic hardwired one? I know they have other systems.

TOBTEK

Reaction score
LOL!!, instead of investigating a remedy to the issue, = HYJACK A THREAD.

[emoji1787]

The O.P inquired if anyone has a connection with a company. By responding, constitutes Hyjacking........ interesting perspective??

outboard_256

Reaction score
is lo-jack worth putting on a rock crawler? Had a rzr stolen and I think if it had lojack it would have helped but I don't know if they do it on off-road stuff.

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
In this day and age...just stick an old iPhone under the seat and carpet and hardwire a charger to a 12V constant hot source...if your truck gets stolen, use “find my phone”

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
Rich my buddy said he can get you one for probably $350.00. He said he would let me know Monday.

gqchris

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, if my car gets stolen, why would I want it recovered? Sentimental value I suppose? But otherwise reading some of the recovery story's over the years here, they can keep the damn thing! make sure it stays away past 30 days please!!!

boatpi

Reaction score
If they still have the program you can get a classic car Lojack installed for about 350 but only for old cars

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, if my car gets stolen, why would I want it recovered? Sentimental value I suppose? But otherwise reading some of the recovery story's over the years here, they can keep the damn thing! make sure it stays away past 30 days please!!!

If they don’t recover it it takes forever to get paid by insurance. If they find it in a few days you speed up your processing of the claim.

boatpi

Reaction score
Let me jump in here, my experience with tracking systems goes back to 1980's. In about 1992 I had the first recovery in the USA of an outbound cargo container in the post of LA. Inside was a Cadillac taken in an armed robbery, and a Chinese give up stolen Mercedes, all headed to China. I could write a book about what happened after that.

Lojack is best used for classic and exotic cars, mainly in urban areas covered by their activation transmitter. The unit is self contained always sleeping, when reported stolen Lojack sends out a signal to activate it. This signal wakes up the unit, it transmits to Lojack towers, they get a general area indicated. Police departments have free Lojack receivers and can locate the stolen car.
This small unit is the only way to go for classics that are not driven much.

Years ago I had a close connection to Lojack and they came out to Havasu PD and installed a receiver. We tested it. If the unit is activated, this patrol car if driving around can pick the signal up from most parts of the city. Perhaps someone can ask the PD if they still have this unit, and if they re installed it in the newer units. At that time their were no activation towers in Havasu, perhaps now?

Lojack were bought out by Calamp Sureguard, a huge company, I have their GPS/Cell data systems in all of my cars except exotic and classics. It is a great system that uses Google Maps. If anyone wants their system installed, and you are in a metro area, PM me for a deal. I can connect you, 2 cars MUCH preferred to install at one time. About $225 for 2+ years, no monthly fee installed, unlimited tracking, daily sleep mode ping.

braindead

Reaction score
Let me jump in here, my experience with tracking systems goes back to 1980's. In about 1992 I had the first recovery in the USA of an outbound cargo container in the post of LA. Inside was a Cadillac taken in an armed robbery, and a Chinese give up stolen Mercedes, all headed to China. I could write a book about what happened after that.

Lojack is best used for classic and exotic cars, mainly in urban areas covered by their activation transmitter. The unit is self contained always sleeping, when reported stolen Lojack sends out a signal to activate it. This signal wakes up the unit, it transmits to Lojack towers, they get a general area indicated. Police departments have free Lojack receivers and can locate the stolen car.
This small unit is the only way to go for classics that are not driven much.

Years ago I had a close connection to Lojack and they came out to Havasu PD and installed a receiver. We tested it. If the unit is activated, this patrol car if driving around can pick the signal up from most parts of the city. Perhaps someone can ask the PD if they still have this unit, and if they re installed it in the newer units. At that time their were no activation towers in Havasu, perhaps now?

Lojack were bought out by Calamp Sureguard, a huge company, I have their GPS/Cell data systems in all of my cars except exotic and classics. It is a great system that uses Google Maps. If anyone wants their system installed, and you are in a metro area, PM me for a deal. I can connect you, 2 cars MUCH preferred to install at one time. About $225 for 2+ years, no monthly fee installed, unlimited tracking, daily sleep mode ping.

Interesting, any way to get more info on this system?
You said $225 for 2+ years, what happens after that?

boatpi

Reaction score
For those who don’t know this is not brain surgery, it’s simple stuff. and for the reliability I’ve experienced over five years this is a deal I just offered it to a few people here when the subject matter was brought up this is normally the wholesale price for someone install in 10 to 20 cars or more in a fleet. You have to PM me to get the direct contact.

it’s nothing more than a small cell phone data chip the transmits. you can page it yourself or about once every 24 hours without you knowing, it page itself. when you sign on you see that location and time it paged.

he could have a number of cars on the same account,
FF2229A0-CAD7-4AF4-AC25-421AB832C43F.jpeg
this photo shows the Google map that is used and that’s what’s very important here is the type of mapping system it even has satellite view.

i’ve never had a problem with it as a failure and for a few dollars more you can also get ignition cut off.

boatpi

Reaction score
BTW; That outbound two stolen car case was done at this type of data tracker infancy, with Teletrac. So many years ago...

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
@TOBTEK

Thanks for the help yesterday. He found out my Dad's car already has LoJack installed. Apparently, the Rydell Dodgein San Fernando installs LoJack on all their vehicles to protect themselves and they claim most people want the system installed at the time of purchase. So, this explains why the car was found so quickly.