WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

C8 Corvette - updated info

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
I have no affiliation with this guy - just sharing an email I received as an FYI:

Hello Corvette enthusiasts,

My Mother always stated that I had incredible patience and my Father always said...
"This too shall pass"
I live by the motto "Chance favors the prepared mind"...with all that being said your patience is
necessary any time a new generation Corvette gets announced as there are many generations of Corvette Enthusiasts and I am one of them. I have owned 19 Corvettes and this is my 5th generation change that I have sold Corvettes through. I started selling Corvettes July 26th 1978 and the biggest change since then is the way information is shared on the internet. Of course there were no computers back in the day.
*Sometime this year I will pass 5,000 Corvettes sold and delivered...and I have also delivered 8,000+ other vehicles.
So trust me, experience counts in the Corvette world.

~I spent a great deal of time with Zora Arkus Duntov during the Summers between 1978-1990 and his famous quote to me was "Rumors sell magazines, not cars!"
ANSWERING the 2 main questions-
~There are two questions that I get 50 times per day. The first is "When is my allocation coming up?" and the second question is "When does the 2021 production start?" All my deal folders are date coded and time stamped. I will call and email you when your allocation comes up.
-GM has total control of when the model year changes so please don't be concerned if you get a 2020 or 2021. I assume GM will raise the base price on the 2021 but I doubt it will be significant as historically GM has not raised the price more than $2,500 year to year. Only GM can answer that question, the base price for the 2020 has come in at least $10k lower than the world expected so the C8 is already an incredible bargain for such a World Class Sports Car. I prefer the wait and see method compared to worrying about something that I can't control.

-The Bowling Green Assembly Plant is busy building exclusively C8’s, though every one through the end of this month are captured test vehicles. The first customer cars start down the line the first week of February. What have we learned about the C8 this past month?

*We finally see what a C8 will look like with an installed front license plate. Thanks to Kirk Bennion and CorvetteBlogger for precise info (and five pictures at the link):

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.com/forum/me-discussion-photos-videos/101159-installing-a-front-license-plate-to-the-c8-corvette

*There is wonderful news that if you were considering not getting a Museum Delivery because you were concerned about its not having paint film protection on your way home. Now you have an option for the National Corvette Museum now has a partnership with a highly skilled XPEL installer located at the NCM Motorsports Park in order to get your C8 wrapped before you drive home:

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.com/forum/me-discussion-photos-videos/101031-c8-xpel-installs-now-available-on-ncm-grounds-when-doing-museum-delivery

*In its first real test at the Daytona January 3rd-5th ROAR (pre-runner to the Rolex 24 Hour race in a few weeks), the C8.R did well:

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.com/forum/corvette-racing-info-news/100527-c8-r’s-accomplishments-at-the-roar

*The C8 is faster 0-to-60 MPH than the new https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.com/forum/mid-engine-corvettes/c8-powertrain-and-performance/96666-why-c8-so-fast-to-60-mph

*Why GM not just recommends but actually cuts the C8’s torque for the first 500 miles:

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.com/forum/mid-engine-corvettes/c8-powertrain-and-performance/98760-c8-reduced-torque-during-drivetrain-break-in

*This remains one of my favorite C8 videos, e.g., an hour long C8 convertible drive and conversation of Tadge and Jay Leno. Just fun to listen to, even the second time:

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.com/forum/me-discussion-photos-videos/90565-first-drive-of-2020-corvette-stingray-convertible-z51-jay-leno’s-garage

*I love listening to my exhaust while driving, especially the Corvette’s NPP adjustability option (though standard in the Z51 package). Here is a good exhaust sound compilation video.

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.com/forum/mid-engine-corvettes/c8-powertrain-and-performance/97566-c8-exhaust-compilation-thanks-to-drive615

*How to forever remember your C8’s birth experience?

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.com/forum/me-discussion-photos-videos/100748-commemorate-the-build-of-your-2020-corvette-with-a-photo-album-from-the-ncm

*Full rear pictures at the link of the full aero splitter and the aero rocker mounted on an actual C8. This is nice to see after our earlier only seeing them on the visualizer:

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.com/forum/mid-engine-corvettes/mid-engine-exterior-interior-pictures-and-renderings/101088-actual-c8-splitter-and-rocker-full-aero-pictures-thanks-to-bear-127

Before leaving the C8, I urge all to have patience. If you are working with me, your C8 will arrive. It will be coming as soon as possible. GM is making as many as they can as soon as they can. Together with GM, I will get yours in your driveway!

If you are still thinking about a C7, I still have 40 new 2019 Corvettes available to you are a major discount. And low mileage used Corvettes too. BUT they are going fast, so please contact me now to insure I have one for you. I am certified to sell all 9 brands that Criswell carries...not just Corvettes!

~As always I invite you to visit my Corvette Furman Facebook page, or do what I do to keep up on fast breaking C8 development, going to www.MidEngineCorvetteForum.com daily to see the latest 2020 Mid Engine Corvette news.

Please share this email with all your fellow Corvette club members and fellow enthusiasts.

Best regards,

MikeFurman.jpg

Mike Furman "I sell/ship Corvette Nationwide and have done so for 42 years!"
Corvette National Sales
Criswell Chevrolet
off Fridays and Sundays
301-212-4420 Direct
503 Quince Orchard Rd.
Gaithersburg, MD 20878
[email protected]
www.CorvetteFurman.com

riverroyal

Reaction score
I saw one in La Jolla last month driving. Must have been a test car

PlanB

Reaction score
Saw one at the San Diego Auto Show this past weekend. Pretty impressive looking, and the MSRP for the base model is insanely low.

boatpi

Reaction score
I appreciate Corvettes but I’ve never been a corvette nut that said I’m on the list with my dealer in Las Vegas to buy one for a present but let’s keep that to ourselves.

Red of course. He told me when people started placing orders they started charging 10,000 over window, and if I wanted to pay window sticker it would probably be early 2021 and I’m fine with that. I don’t flip cars I keep them.

Taboma

Reaction score
Saw one at the San Diego Auto Show this past weekend. Pretty impressive looking, and the MSRP for the base model is insanely low.

Saw the yellow convertible/retractable hard top at the show --- sweet, but you lose the exposed engine hatch and I was rather bummed they had it all roped off.
I was amazed how many high end manufacturers were no-shows --- Porsche, Audi, Mercedes, BMW, --- and they all have non-mega-$$ exotics in their lineups.
Hell, even Range Rover didn't have a Velar at the show.
OH well, I just went to see the Vette anyway, got my Auto Show fix for another 5-8 years :D
I thought the best in show was the JBA display, they had some cool cars.

PlanB

Reaction score
Saw the yellow convertible/retractable hard top at the show --- sweet, but you lose the exposed engine hatch and I was rather bummed they had it all roped off.
I was amazed how many high end manufacturers were no-shows --- Porsche, Audi, Mercedes, BMW, --- and they all have non-mega-$$ exotics in their lineups.
Hell, even Range Rover didn't have a Velar at the show.
OH well, I just went to see the Vette anyway, got my Auto Show fix for another 5-8 years :D
I thought the best in show was the JBA display, they had some cool cars.

My Cobra is actually at JBA right now getting some work done. The original 427 Cobra they had there has an incredible story. One owner car, and the guy paid 7K for it. He definitely has made some money in appreciation.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Cliff Notes?

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Is there going to be one at Barrett Jackson next week?

nameisbond

Reaction score
My Cobra is actually at JBA right now getting some work done. The original 427 Cobra they had there has an incredible story. One owner car, and the guy paid 7K for it. He definitely has made some money in appreciation.

A friend in high school dad has a 427 Cobra. Friends grand father was a Ford dealer and the cobra was a trade in. His dad got it as a graduating dental school present. The cobra was only a couple grand when he got it.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I appreciate Corvettes but I’ve never been a corvette nut that said I’m on the list with my dealer in Las Vegas to buy one for a present but let’s keep that to ourselves.

Red of course. He told me when people started placing orders they started charging 10,000 over window, and if I wanted to pay window sticker it would probably be early 2021 and I’m fine with that. I don’t flip cars I keep them.

Jason at Selman is selling them at sticker.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Yes, they will have several on display.

Cool. Thanks!
I’m in Louisville right now and planning on seeing the Vette museum tomorrow ..maybe. Depends on what the girl wants to do.
Get back to AZ next week so one or the other or both.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
No shit.
Getting in and out of the C7 is a proccess.

It's not even a weight thing when i think about it. I've had a few vettes, but the C7 really killed the headroom.

C5 = Fine
C6 = Still ok
C7 = head is going thru roof
C8 = ??

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
It's not even a weight thing when i think about it. I've had a few vettes, but the C7 really killed the headroom.

C5 = Fine
C6 = Still ok
C7 = head is going thru roof
C8 = ??

For me it’s a combination of no legs, and being fat.
At 5’7 headroom is NOT an issue!
Hauling my old arthritic ass in and out is a chore.
I’ve lost about 10 pounds since purchasing, but I still have to slide the seat back, tilt the wheel all the way up, swing the legs out and take a deep breath!

Flatsix66

Reaction score
Lowest revving mid engine car ever. If it had a Ford VooDoo and a six speed...

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
For me it’s a combination of no legs, and being fat.
At 5’7 headroom is NOT an issue!
Hauling my old arthritic ass in and out is a chore.
I’ve lost about 10 pounds since purchasing, but I still have to slide the seat back, tilt the wheel all the way up, swing the legs out and take a deep breath!
I have 5" in height on you and a lot more lbs. :) Getting in I open the door, turn sideways and sit down in the seat. Then turn 90* bring my legs in trying not to hit the interior of the door. Once I'm in its very comfortable. I don't have a problem with the head room either.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I have 5" in height on you and a lot more lbs. :) Getting in I open the door, turn sideways and sit down in the seat. Then turn 90* bring my legs in trying not to hit the interior of the door. Once I'm in its very comfortable. I don't have a problem with the head room either.

Yep, that’s my system as well.

I sort of “fall” into it.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
No shit.
Getting in and out of the C7 is a proccess.

Its my wifes car and she fits fine, as a passenger Im about maxed out at 5'10", 175, any bigger and it would suck, it isnt all that comfortable now as a passenger. Bottom line the car was built around the driver, passenger not so much, Im wondering if the C8 has more room.

WhatExit?

Reaction score
GM Engineers Arrested For Racing 2020 Chevy Corvette C8s on Kentucky Roads

https%3A%2F%2Fapi.thedrive.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2020%2F01%2F2020-Chevrolet-Corvette-Stingray-006.jpg%3Fquality%3D85

The scene at the Bowling Green Assembly Plant has been tense lately, what with the production delays surrounding the vaunted mid-engine 2020 Chevrolet Corvette C8. So who could blame two of the car's engineers for grabbing a couple test models and letting off steam with a little race? For starters, the Kentucky State Police.

Automobile reports the two GM employees were arrested on Wednesday night after speeding side-by-side down Lover's Lane in Bowling Green in a pair of pre-production Corvettes. Despite its quaint name, Lover's Lane is a wide, mostly straight, 45-mph four-lane road with a fifth feeder lane running down the middle, and the trooper allegedly clocked them at 71 mph. (Correction: The men were charged with driving more than 26 mph over the posted limit, with an exact speed not given. We regret the error.) You can imagine the temptation of that 490-horsepower mid-mounted V-8 was just too much. Both men were taken into custody for reckless driving and racing on a public road.

Automobile claims one driver is a CAE engineer specializing in induction and exhaust setups, and the other an electrical engineer. We're not republishing their identities as we've been unable to confirm them ourselves. Automobile also reports both cars were impounded and had to be retrieved from the tow lot by GM representatives on Thursday.

Thanks to that aforementioned LT2 V-8, the 2020 Chevrolet Corvette can grab 60 mph in 3.0 seconds (2.9 with the Z51 performance package) on its way to a top speed of 194 mph.

In a statement to The Drive, GM confirmed "an incident involving our test vehicles" and added that it was investigating the matter.

"Safety remains our overriding priority at General Motors," the spokesperson said. "We have no further comment at this time."

We also reached out to Kentucky State Police for any details and we'll update if we hear back. This isn't the first incident on public roads for the yet-to-be-released 2020 Corvette—it's already been crashed twice by GM employees. But hopefully these two knuckleheads don't lose their jobs over this effective-if-unorthodox demonstration showing the C8 has more than enough power.

spectras only

Reaction score
Well, 26 mph over the speed limit is not a helluva lot but today's anti fast car climate, unless it's a school zone but, it would have been better if these guys would have tried finding a more suitable place to check these new Vettes;). Isn't there some drag strip or track nearby?:rolleyes:

spectras only

Reaction score
^^^, yeah, if I was in the market buying a C-8, definitely would wait for the flat plane engine one. Looks like GM jumped the gun coming out early with the car still having dinosaur technology.:rolleyes: :p

Taboma

Reaction score
Sure, why not, can barely justify and afford a $ 80K version, what's another $ 50K, pffft :rolleyes:
So what's GM going to do with that screamer little 4.2 Caddy Blackwing ? Hard to believe that much invested and it just disappears with the demise of the CT6 and CT6V ?
Unless that's all BS and they're both here to stay.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Sure, why not, can barely justify and afford a $ 80K version, what's another $ 50K, pffft :rolleyes:
So what's GM going to do with that screamer little 4.2 Caddy Blackwing ? Hard to believe that much invested and it just disappears with the demise of the CT6 and CT6V ?
Unless that's all BS and they're both here to stay.

Uncertain future for the Caddy mill...

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/11/26/cadillac-blackwing-v8/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

WhatExit?

Reaction score
C8 - the latest info...

~ All 2020 Corvette orders at 3000 status or higher will get built through the Fall.
~2021 Corvette order spec guide gets released July 27th.
~The first Corvette allocations since mid March start July 30th for August/September.

To prepare for initial order 2021 submittals, GM has recently told us all of the 2021 changes. We started learning about them in May at the NCM Bash thanks to Tadge, Harlan and Kai, most importantly with the major news that the ‘21’s MSRP is unchanged. However other news was that Long Beach Red is being replaced by Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, that Blade Silver Metallic is being replace by Silver Flair Metallic , and that there is a new suspension option FE2 which couples mag ride for the entry version (no Z51 required). One more 2021 enhancement is Apple and Android wireless car play.

Here’s the complete GM 2021 press release: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.com/forum/me-discussion-photos-videos/163168-2021-c8-officially-announced-with-first-picture-of-silver-flare

Already confirmed from a GM teaser video and that above GM release are the 2021 new stripe colors of orange, red, yellow and blue. They will be joining the 2020+ Carbon Flash Metallic, Midnight Gray and Sterling Silver stripe options. Thanks to CorvetteBlogger we learned that Chevrolet is also bringing back the “stinger stripe.” Lastly for 2021 will be two 3LT seat combinations called “Strike Yellow/Sky Cool Gray” and “Leather Jet Black with Sky Cool Gray.” If you wish to join the discussion of these new colors and options and see GM’s 2021 teaser video, it’s here: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.com/forum/me-discussion-photos-videos/162484-such-a-tease-such-a-tease

Lots more C8 information is available at my C8 forum “go-to” site: www.MidEngineCorvetteForum.com

We were recently informed that one of great efficiencies GM used to make the eight generation mid engine C8 was the incredible percentage of its parts which were initially produced during its development process with 3-D printers. Here is an interesting place to learn the specifics of how 3-D printers sped up that process.

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.com/forum/me-discussion-photos-videos/161563-3d-printing-critical-for-c8-being-made-efficiently-and-likely-attributing-to-low-cost

Within that thread is a link to an interesting correlated GM process by which it is using computers to most efficiently design vehicle parts, both 1) from the design direction to reduce the number of different parts which are necessary to perform a function as well as, 2) to reduce the weight of that single part that can now perform the function(s) what many separate ones earlier did. Weight savings of 20% are not uncommon using the new process, as is that 20%+ reduction of parts. Of course the fewer parts needed the more efficient is inventory control, assembling a vehicle, and also results in total vehicle cost. This new process is called “light weighting”; there is a very interesting two minute video within that above link that demonstrates how it works. In my opinion, we will have more light weighting of C8 parts in future models.

The C8 pioneered the world’s introduction of significant vehicle developments including its carbon fiber rear bumper beam: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.com/forum/mid-engine-corvettes/mid-engine-exterior-interior-pictures-and-renderings/162683-making-c8’s-carbon-fiber-rear-impact-bumper-beam

2020 C8 production year will continue into this fall. That lends credence to a statement attributed to a GM dealership General Manager, that 2021 production will literally not start until calendar year 2021. However until an official GM announcement, we are not yet positive of this timing.

MikeFurman.jpg

Mike Furman
Corvette National Sales
Criswell Chevrolet
301-212-4420 Direct
503 Quince Orchard Rd.
Gaithersburg, MD 20878
[email protected]
www.CorvetteFurman.com

Magic Mike

Reaction score
I've seen 3 in my area on the street in the last week, they look great.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Saw my first one at a gas station in CDM this weekend. Blue with an old lady driving it. Sure looked pretty.

Rotten deal

Reaction score
Spotted a blue one on 101 north in petaluma ca 1 weekend ago. 1st I'd seen

Dkahnjob

Reaction score
When I saw a new C-8 in person I was surprised at how crowded the cockpit is, there is almot a wall between driver and passenger. That was a no go for me and especially my wife, so I bought an Aston Martin. Very comfy cockpit an fast with 600+ HP V12

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
No clue on that one.

So far the answer would be none will order that version- and why would they when they can crank the price over 100K and get it.

How come no one is talking about bait and switch and suing GM for false advertising, and GM using bail out money to gouge the american consumer ?

UD

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
So far the answer would be none will order that version- and why would they when they can crank the price over 100K and get it.

How come no one is talking about bait and switch and suing GM for false advertising, and GM using bail out money to gouge the american consumer ?

UD

They would have to sue Tesla first :)

Why would you sue GM, they just take the orders from the dealers? I'm certain you could get one from Kerbeck or one of the larger Vette dealers. I am certain you can get on any one of a number of dealers allocations and order yourself a base vette with no options, you will just have to wait for it.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
They would have to sue Tesla first :)

Why would you sue GM, they just take the orders from the dealers? I'm certain you could get one from Kerbeck or one of the larger Vette dealers. I am certain you can get on any one of a number of dealers allocations and order yourself a base vette with no options, you will just have to wait for it.

Waiting for GM/ or their dealers is ok but waiting for tesla wasnt.

This was a HUGE deal when it was Tesla - a reason to hate the company, Elons a liar and a loser, never did anything, SEC should look into it.

but no one says a thing when GM, FCA, or anyone else does it- and they always do, every time.

Same guys are quiet as a mice....

UD

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
This was a HUGE deal when it was Tesla - a reason to hate the company, Elons a liar and a loser, never did anything, SEC should look into it.

but no one says a thing when GM, FCA, or anyone else does it- and they always do, every time.

Same guys are quiet as a mice....

UD

There is a difference though. Tesla has no dealership franchise network, and controls the production and order taking.

GM will make you a base vette. Ford will make you a base Raptor, you will just have to wait because of the dealer, not because of GM or Ford.

boatpi

Reaction score
The 2021's are the same price and more standard equipment.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
There is a difference though. Tesla has no dealership franchise network, and controls the production and order taking.

GM will make you a base vette. Ford will make you a base Raptor, you will just have to wait because of the dealer, not because of GM or Ford.

Sort of.

Tesla will not charge you an uplift beyond what you see on the website - everyone pays the same at the time of order during a given timeframe.

GM/ Ford won't make anything for "you".
You have no relationship with GM or Ford - the dealer does.
Each dealer gets an allotment of both vehicles and custom orders they decide wether or not to allow you.

The dealer decides weather or not they will do a custom order for you, then GM/Ford makes it for the dealer, then delivers it to said dealer - that sells it to you at whatever they wish. The dealer is in complete control.

Right now C8's are all over 100K because they can get it,

Why would a dealer use their limited allotment for a base model when they can get 100K plus out of someone?

UD

Last edited: