WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Another I don’t get it, Havasu???

blue wonder

Reaction score
WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE!!!...so driving up river today, it’s Saturday, BUSY AS FUCK!!!...why the hell do parents tow their kids around on tubes through that shit, what the hell is wrong with these people???

Hypnautic

Reaction score
We have people driving cars since about the age of 16 and they still don’t know how to drive. They don’t think that there is a difference in driving the city, country and open highways.
Now hand this same person a key to a boat. No lanes, no speed limit, no control and the only signs are on floating markers that they don’t pay attention to in the first place.
They think they’re doing just fine cause they didn’t die or kill their kids. They put no thought into the bigger picture, never wonder why they don’t see others doing the same things, or take the time to make them a better boater.

So does seeing this really surprise you?

Thank you for knowing the difference though.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE!!!...so driving up river today, it’s Saturday, BUSY AS FUCK!!!...why the hell do parents tow their kids around on tubes through that shit, what the hell is wrong with these people???

STFU and deal with it. They aren’t your kids, it’s not your problem. Just stay out of the way and don’t hit the kids when they fall off.

2Driver

Reaction score
LOL just because wheeler had a thread about bitchen doesn't mean we have to be all Doris Day :)

It actully pisses me off as well. in traffic you dump the kid and now you have what amounts to a loose dog on the freeway.

Whats worse people don't think ahead when pulling 2 or 3 kids. The kids can go off 200’ apart, now what? I guess you put up your flag and go get your favorite one first :). The real problem is other drivers may only focus on your flag and the one kid your picking up.

Last edited:

mobldj

Reaction score
dont let these your a grouch asshats fk with you.they will be the first ones crying when there kids are propped like a manatee.common sense doesnt apply here.fk em

ALAN F

Reaction score
dont let these your a grouch asshats fk with you.they will be the first ones crying when there kids are propped like a manatee.common sense doesnt apply here.fk em

Finally!!!! wtf is going on here?????youre not kidding, its worsening when it seemed it couldn't,NO COMMON SENSE HERE IS A FUKIN UNDERSTATEMENT,its amusing/entertaining to see myself proven rite about these morons on a continuous basis!!!!lol
must be the 35 and younger group!!! :)

TOBTEK

Reaction score
Don’t forget the Newbie factor. I’m sure it’s more of a “ ignorance is bliss” thing. First timers have no idea how fast traffic is traveling.
At least you all don’t have “killer Toy” doing 100mph flyby’s 10 feet off your Port side anymore. :)

Speaking of Newbie’s...... remember the family getting caught right in the middle of the first wave of Desert a storm. Sure they were freaking out.

Is there even any type of handout at the launch ramps to help new boaters ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I’ve never seen such congested boating anywhere in my life like Havasu and Parker.
I think it’s just is what it is, every type of lunacy.
Take it or leave it.

Exactly. If you don’t like it find a new body of water to boat on.

DMF

Reaction score
Finally!!!! wtf is going on here?????youre not kidding, its worsening when it seemed it couldn't,NO COMMON SENSE HERE IS A FUKIN UNDERSTATEMENT,its amusing/entertaining to see myself proven rite about these morons on a continuous basis!!!!lol
Alan, why do you get on this forum at all? You think everyone on here is a moron and lacks common sense. Why put yourself thru all of the bullshit to comment on a forum that you have absolutely nothing in common with?

Universal Elements

Reaction score

I thought you’re staying at home. Being old, Covid free, responsible and shit. Why do you give a fuck what’s going on the water?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I thought you’re staying at home. Being old, Covid free, responsible and shit. Why do you give a fuck what’s going on the water?

He’s staying at home but driving around town taking pictures of people not wearing masks. Also staying at home but going on the water to document who is towing their children in the gorge. 👨‍❤️‍👨

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
I don't know. Freaks me the hell out. Your putting so must trust into other boaters should they fall out.

DuttonDave

Your RDP Connection For Buick, GMC & Cadillac
Reaction score
What's really your problem, you seem so grouchy? You could always go somewhere else if you don't like Havasu? Maybe you need a laxative or try China Buffet while in town?
It's dangerous!!!

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Toby nailed it I think. So many newer boaters(or non-regulars) that don't possess boating etiquette. Not aware of the most basic of rules. Quarantine has most definitely added many fresh faces on the lake daily verses just on the holiday weekends like in the past.
And I suppose, if I read the OP correctly, they're towing in the restricted area between river mouth & Topock.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Toby nailed it I think. So many newer boaters(or non-regulars) that don't possess boating etiquette. Not aware of the most basic of rules. Quarantine has most definitely added many fresh faces on the lake daily verses just on the holiday weekends like in the past.
And I suppose, if I read the OP correctly, they're towing in the restricted area between river mouth & Topock.
I was going to say, that's a closed area and a big fine.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
The real question is...

Why the fuck do you people get on the water on the weekends??? What the hell is wrong with you people???

It is really not that big of a deal. Go where the weekenders aren’t. It’s not like it’s Parker and you are forced to deal with everyone on the water.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

Correct. Let one of the 7 jurisdictions on the water deal with the illegal tubing or skiing.

If you can’t detect and avoid idiots on the water and are bound and determined to let them rule and ruin your day/weekend/life on the boat, what do you do in everyday life?

Yes towing in the gorge is illegal, yes it is unsafe. But who cares? It is your problem to avoid, not your problem to rectify or become insnared in. Speeding is dangerous, we don’t run speeders off the road and berate them. We let the police deal with them.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Correct. Let one of the 7 jurisdictions on the water deal with the illegal tubing or skiing.

If you can’t detect and avoid idiots on the water and are bound and determined to let them rule and ruin your day/weekend/life on the boat, what do you do in everyday life?

Yes towing in the gorge is illegal, yes it is unsafe. But who cares? It is your problem to avoid, not your problem to rectify or become insnared in. Speeding is dangerous, we don’t run speeders off the road and berate them. We let the police deal with them.
Hey now, I wasn't the one crying about it, just stating some facts. Same shit happens all over the lake. I witnessed one idiot father suddenly(like waverunner sudden) whip his kids directly in front of a speeding boat in the middle of the lake. Driver of the boat did a great job to avoid them probably throwing all his passengers against the gunnel.
These parents out to have a good time with their kids are not using their senses or looking where they are in relation to traffic.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
It is really not that big of a deal. Go where the weekenders aren’t. It’s not like it’s Parker and you are forced to deal with everyone on the water.

It called freedom, Joe, freedom.

Here's a clip that your scout leader wouldn't let you watch as a kid. Feel free to view it now ...or not. :)

434e2c8d-4c5d-4a94-8536-0587615ac601.jpg

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Hey now, I wasn't the one crying about it, just stating some facts. Same shit happens all over the lake. I witnessed one idiot father suddenly(like waverunner sudden) whip his kids directly in front of a speeding boat in the middle of the lake. Driver of the boat did a great job to avoid them probably throwing all his passengers against the gunnel.
These parents out to have a good time with their kids are not using their senses or looking where they are in relation to traffic.

Sorry, that wasn’t directed at you, just a general statement.

Your example is exactly what I mean.. idiots are everywhere on and off the water, breaking laws or not.

It is it the job of non idiots not to become ensnared in their idiocy. It is not our job to police them, it is a free country for them to practice their idiocy after all.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Look at the bright side at least we don’t have sobriety checkpoints like we used to.😂

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Fuck people having fun and enjoying their time off at the river. Especially when i want to pretend I’m John Tomlinson and speed through the raft ups!!

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Funny that if you boat in Parker, you get used to lots of boats in tight spaces all doing different things. In Havasu people freak out when they have to pass a wakeboard boat. Lol.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Fuck people having fun and enjoying their time off at the river. Especially when i want to pretend I’m John Tomlinson and speed through the raft ups!!

Everyone is entitled to have their fun, not saying they can't or shouldn't. I just pray their choices or inattention do not end in tragedy.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Look at the bright side at least we don’t have sobriety checkpoints like we used to.😂
Unfortunately this has emboldened the newbie fuktards...first trips may have been sober, but now they haven't learned, are bringing friends and booze.