WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Another I don’t get it, Havasu???

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Funny that if you boat in Parker, you get used to lots of boats in tight spaces all doing different things. In Havasu people freak out when they have to pass a wakeboard boat. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm fucking sick of the crowds!

20190423_121516.jpg

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Hey now, I wasn't the one crying about it, just stating some facts. Same shit happens all over the lake. I witnessed one idiot father suddenly(like waverunner sudden) whip his kids directly in front of a speeding boat in the middle of the lake. Driver of the boat did a great job to avoid them probably throwing all his passengers against the gunnel.
These parents out to have a good time with their kids are not using their senses or looking where they are in relation to traffic.
Most of them left their brains and consciousness back in SoCal!!! 😁

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Seems to be a lot of death in havasu compared to other lakes. I wonder why that is? Maybe just more people there than everywhere else and maybe something else compounding that factor.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Seems to be a lot of death in havasu compared to other lakes. I wonder why that is? Maybe just more people there than everywhere else and maybe something else compounding that factor.

What is “a lot”? There is one or 2 deaths a year on average it seems. If we had a count of how many visits to the lake happen per year, I’d argue is it actually pretty safe overall.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
What is “a lot”? There is one or 2 deaths a year on average it seems. If we had a count of how many visits to the lake happen per year, I’d argue is it actually pretty safe overall.

You’re probably right. And I know criticism of that lake is blasphemy around here so I’ll just say this: if you live in Southern California with the other 20,000,000 people, havasu doesn’t seem over crowded on weekend and holidays. Just not relaxing to me. That’s all.

2Driver

Reaction score
Funny that if you boat in Parker, you get used to lots of boats in tight spaces all doing different things. In Havasu people freak out when they have to pass a wakeboard boat. Lol.

Wasn’t it you I buzzed a few years ago. You were floating in the still water off of holiday harbor and I ran that narrow slot on the AZ side of the rock pile.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Wasn’t it you I buzzed a few years ago. You were floating in the still water off of holiday harbor and I ran that narrow slot on the AZ side of the rock pile.

Maybe? Lol.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
You’re probably right. And I know criticism of that lake is blasphemy around here so I’ll just say this: if you live in Southern California with the other 20,000,000 people, havasu doesn’t seem over crowded on weekend and holidays. Just not relaxing to me. That’s all.

You aren’t wrong, but It gets “busy“ on the weekends at about 6 places on the water. There are plenty of places to hang out by yourself, even on the weekends.

I get that weekend boating on Havasu is not everyone’s deal, especially if you have the ability to go during the week when it is less crowded.

Personally I adjust my schedule and expectations for weekend boating, but it has never stopped us from enjoying our time.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
The sad thing is if/when one of these "CLOWNS" screw up and you not doing anything wrong happen to him one of these kids, Shit Hits The Fan. A couple years ago in front of Davis Camp/BHC a guy and friends minding his own business cruising up the river barely on plane and this woman and her daughter along with another jet ski turned sharp and he hit them,killing the little Gal. He was not DUI, BUT!! Boating under the Influence all witnesses all testified he did nothing wrong and was obeying all Lawa. They charged him and last I heard has been postponed until later this Summer.
I know what some will say, and do not want to hear it. This poor guy even if he get out of it, will never be the same. I know should not have been boating in that Cluster Fuck area and having 2 Beers. These Jet Ski's, Tubers, and Wake Boats, are changing everything for the average boater thaat does go boating for "RELAXATION" not turning your Head constantly side to side

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
The sad thing is if/when one of these "CLOWNS" screw up and you not doing anything wrong happen to him one of these kids, Shit Hits The Fan. A couple years ago in front of Davis Camp/BHC a guy and friends minding his own business cruising up the river barely on plane and this woman and her daughter along with another jet ski turned sharp and he hit them,killing the little Gal. He was not DUI, BUT!! Boating under the Influence all witnesses all testified he did nothing wrong and was obeying all Lawa. They charged him and last I heard has been postponed until later this Summer.
I know what some will say, and do not want to hear it. This poor guy even if he get out of it, will never be the same. I know should not have been boating in that Cluster Fuck area and having 2 Beers. These Jet Ski's, Tubers, and Wake Boats, are changing everything for the average boater thaat does go boating for "RELAXATION" not turning your Head constantly side to side

So post #9 isn’t so stupid is it?

Don’t be the dumbass that becomes the scapegoat for someone else’s stupidity. Stay the hell away. And don’t have 2 or 20 beers before you do it.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Unfortunately this has emboldened the newbie fuktards...first trips may have been sober, but now they haven't learned, are bringing friends and booze.

This is anecdotal but it seems there have been fewer issues this year than in the past, even with the increased crowds.
We were all waiting what catastrophes would unfold on Memorial Day, Fathers Day and the 4th... and there was nothing except car and SXS crashes on land.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
C42F6571-1128-46BE-B273-AE7A2CDD9748.jpeg
Some guys boat like they drive I guess. This guy just had to pass me in the channel before the shallow spot , so he could stop in Thompson Bay.
I pretty much don’t care in boating but wonder why pass while everyone is moving the same speed in the channel?

He does it in front of me in LA he gets a traffic stop lol.
Life’s too short off duty to get too riled. Covid has made every weekend into a holiday amateur hour in the crowded spots of the lake. So be it.

Outdrive1

Reaction score
View attachment 900385 Some guys boat like they drive I guess. This guy just had to pass me in the channel before the shallow spot , so he could stop in Thompson Bay.
I pretty much don’t care in boating but wonder why pass while everyone is moving the same speed in the channel?

He does it in front of me in LA he gets a traffic stop lol.
Life’s too short off duty to get too riled. Covid has made every weekend into a holiday amateur hour in the crowded spots of the lake. So be it.

I’m not giving the Magic guy an excuse, but I’ve had twin motor boats with big props that idle really fast and it’s difficult going in and out of gear to slow them down. Idling on one motor is even harder because the boat turns on you.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
I’m not giving the Magic guy an excuse, but I’ve had twin motor boats with big props that idle really fast and it’s difficult going in and out of gear to slow them down. Idling on one motor is even harder because the boat turns on you.

I can Understand that , but a 496 Bravo X should be okay to roll behind my 5.7 B3 lol!
His “I’m not looking at you, eyes straight ahead” was the same I get with speeders who figure out they blew by me lol

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
This is anecdotal but it seems there have been fewer issues this year than in the past, even with the increased crowds.
We were all waiting what catastrophes would unfold on Memorial Day, Fathers Day and the 4th... and there was nothing except car and SXS crashes on land.
I have been pleasantly surprised. None of my stuff is fast, so a guy towing a tube with a Bayliner is just about my speed. We find beaches, kids swim and we play on the sidelines.
I can see how things can get sketchy though. We had a guy shoot out of Willow Beach Marina a few weeks ago, saw us, panicked and let off...Well, it stumbled out and he was dead in the water, dead in front of us. Redirect and go. Same trip, just south of Needles Marina, a couple of 12yo girls on a pwc shoot out off the dock and miss us by a few feet. Keeps you on your toes. In both cases, if we were heavier on the throttle it would have been bumper boats.

EBT531

Reaction score
They just had a pair of people hit on a tube including a 12yr old on the Fox river in IL. Similar in width to here, on the plus side they charged the driver of the boat pulling the tube and not the guy who hit them.

LowRiver2

Reaction score

Boated Parker 10 years and was used to tight quarters.
Been on Havi five years now and don’t miss the strip one bit

I hated the rogue rollers more than the close quarter boating.

BajaT

Reaction score
WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE!!!...so driving up river today, it’s Saturday, BUSY AS FUCK!!!...why the hell do parents tow their kids around on tubes through that shit, what the hell is wrong with these people???
Impossible. Ducey banned tubing due to COVID!

Outdrive1

Reaction score
Boated Parker 10 years and was used to tight quarters.
Been on Havi five years now and don’t miss the strip one bit

I hated the rogue rollers more than the close quarter boating.

The worst shape I ever got in my 24 Schiada. It was an early morning run, i was legging it, no-one on the water. I get past road, hit something and launch it. Literally the passenger in the back seat got pulled back in by the person next to her. I look to my right, and there was a ski boat. I never saw him or his roller until I was out of shape. [emoji51]

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
So post #9 isn’t so stupid is it?

Don’t be the dumbass that becomes the scapegoat for someone else’s stupidity. Stay the hell away. And don’t have 2 or 20 beers before you do it.

LIKE I said. I understand that people like "YOU" will come popping in here talking the Shit you just did.

I believe that you should be able to have two beers and NOT guilty.

BUT, I also understand that having an intelligent discussion with you is asking just WAY TO MUCH:oops:

Actuall, this is a Prosecutor who IMO overcharged and did Not need to File here.

I bet a good Defense Attorney will get him clear, BUT back to the original "DEAL" This collision could have happened to anyone, any time. These Jet Ski rentals get a Credit Card and send them on their way. Anyone who has $'s can buy a boat/watercraft and "Go For It".

So you people just never know, next time it may be you who is charged with Manslaughter, by a Prosecutor who feels you did Not have your Boat/Vessel under Complete Control?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
LIKE I said. I understand that people like "YOU" will come popping in here talking the Shit you just did.

BUT, I also understand that having an intelligent discussion with you is asking just WAY TO MUCH:oops:

Actuall, this is a Prosecutor who IMO overcharged and did Not need to File here.

I bet a good Defense Attorney will get him clear, BUT back to the original "DEAL" This collision could have happened to anyone, any time. These Jet Ski rentals get a Credit Card and send them on their way. Anyone who has $'s can buy a boat/watercraft and "Go For It".

So you people just never know, next time it may be you who is charged with Manslaughter, by a Prosecutor who feels you did Not have your Boat/Vessel under Complete Control?

So what I’m gathering is that you are saying is that post number 9 is completely correct? Because you haven’t yet argued against that logic. You are just whining because I’m the one that said it.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
The worst shape I ever got in my 24 Schiada. It was an early morning run, i was legging it, no-one on the water. I get past road, hit something and launch it. Literally the passenger in the back seat got pulled back in by the person next to her. I look to my right, and there was a ski boat. I never saw him or his roller until I was out of shape. [emoji51]

In an era I like to call "BC", before children, I had a pretty crappy, but cool, Sanger flat. Bought it as a pile, sold it as a pile with a 427 and Bassett's. Me and a buddy thought we were the shit...until I hit a roller. To my left was clear blue sky, to my right was my buddy (a look I'll never forget) and water. By some stroke of luck, not skill at all, landed it out. I was 20...spent the rest of that weekend with the boat on the trailer, and drinking myself sober :eek:

grumpy88

Reaction score
I do care when people pull there kids around in dumb situations . I hate hearing about kids getting hurt and even more so even if it's the parents fault somebody else has to live with knowing they were involved with a accident were kids got hurt .

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
There are only 2 times I tow.

Early morning on the river or in the middle of the lake

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

gqchris

Reaction score
I can Understand that , but a 496 Bravo X should be okay to roll behind my 5.7 B3 lol!
His “I’m not looking at you, eyes straight ahead” was the same I get with speeders who figure out they blew by me lol

Its because of the patented Magic "boom box swim step echo chamber". They think that their 496 is actually a 1000 HP Roots Blower Motor with Surge😅 I actually caught a guy doing fake blower surge with his throttle in a Magic at the Nautical once. First I checked for hydraulic steering, negative. Then I asked him on the beach if his motor was having an idle issue, he goes "No its my cam lope, wicked right?"!". Negative ghost rider...........My and my Buddy were busting up.

Magic guys, dont start flaming me! I know a handful of you have legit motors in there.

Rondog4405

Reaction score
or just the river on a weekend. :)

Shit that's every weekend on the strip nowadays.. only that clip is missing 2-3 boats dragging kids on tubes thru it. Always amazed sitting at foxes watching sleds hauling ass and then u have a few boats putting along dragging kids in between like frogger..

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I thought the river north of the lake was no skiing or tubing?

Last edited:

Dirty Daytona

Reaction score
No matter where you go or what you do there are going to be people doing stupid shit or shit you think is stupid. It’s a big ass lake so when you see these people doing these nefarious activities, go around them or slow down. Seriously, everybody out there is just trying to have a good time. Bitching about it isn’t going to change shit so just deal with it and go about enjoying your day. What’s that stupid saying? “The worst day on the lake is better than the best day at work.”

jones performance

Reaction score
theres been more and more towing of tubers and skiers in the restricted area lately. saw several my last rip up to topock during the week.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
No matter where you go or what you do there are going to be people doing stupid shit or shit you think is stupid. It’s a big ass lake so when you see these people doing these nefarious activities, go around them or slow down. Seriously, everybody out there is just trying to have a good time. Bitching about it isn’t going to change shit so just deal with it and go about enjoying your day. What’s that stupid saying? “The worst day on the lake is better than the best day at work.”

That is the stupidest good advice I’ve ever heard. 😉

Bails

Reaction score
Its because of the patented Magic "boom box swim step echo chamber". They think that their 496 is actually a 1000 HP Roots Blower Motor with Surge😅 I actually caught a guy doing fake blower surge with his throttle in a Magic at the Nautical once. First I checked for hydraulic steering, negative. Then I asked him on the beach if his motor was having an idle issue, he goes "No its my cam lope, wicked right?"!". Negative ghost rider...........My and my Buddy were busting up.

Magic guys, dont start flaming me! I know a handful of you have legit motors in there.

Hey, come on Chris, I run the fake blower motor in my Hallett once in a while. Only when the 5 year old asks for it. I think it's hilarious, "hey dad, make it sound like a blower motor." I don't know where he comes up with this shit, but right now its all about turbos, boosters, and blowers. 👍 😁

My wife and I both drive like assholes cause he's in the back asking to feel the turbos.........and well she does drive a BMW.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
I’ve never seen such congested boating anywhere in my life like Havasu and Parker.
I think it’s just is what it is, every type of lunacy.
Take it or leave it.

You apparently haven't been to Lake Arrowhead in California on any summer holiday weekend (or most summer weekends). Parker and Havasu are a vacation after being on Arrowhead between Memorial day and Labor day.

Taboma

Reaction score
These boaters are fellow truck drivers. We enjoy being in everyones way 👍

I'm confused, the other day WE were all in your way and you were putting us all into the ditches while you went on your merry way. 😖 😁

Taboma

Reaction score
Watch behind you as you clog the strip with that scow. Schiadas are heading home to their trailers about now.😁

View attachment 900295

Holy shit, is that one of those ballasted wake surfing deck boats plowing that trench in the river ? :mad: Honey Badger Schiada don't give a shit either way 😁

Joker

Reaction score

I don’t drink an ounce of booze while boating. Those that have one or two will get caught up in the web eventually and lose everything they have. It’s a matter of time as your friend has found.

Rvrluvr

CLAMP ON RACING
Reaction score
I'm confused, the other day WE were all in your way and you were putting us all into the ditches while you went on your merry way. 😖 😁
That was Friday. This is monday. Duh!!!

riverroyal

Reaction score
The bigger problem is all the arizona people here at the beach now.
Dont you know theres a pandemic? For fuck sake.

brgrcru

Reaction score
You apparently haven't been to Lake Arrowhead in California on any summer holiday weekend (or most summer weekends). Parker and Havasu are a vacation after being on Arrowhead between Memorial day and Labor day.

No shit . You have to be up before the sun . Like 4:30 and by 5 am it's over .

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
just think, in a few years, those kids will be wake surfing right in front of your dock, beach, ramp, bar, when your floating, below the dam, above the dam, at 6am, at 6pm, at midnight, no wake zone, 100 mph only zone, thru the reeds, with a dog giving a reach around... in their Million Dollar surfboat with top speed at 35mph.... all while bumping music which you dont like..

Enjoy